• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love is all I need with The Velveteen Rabbit

Joe walked through his favourite park, looking at the birds. His phone vibrated and beeped, he got a text from his alcoholic father. It read:

HEY JOE, YOU BETTER NOT BE HANGING OUT WITH ANY GIRLS THERE! YOU HEAR ME?

He rolled his eyes and continued walking, he sat down on the bench and leaned back, feeling the quiet breeze through his face, if only, if only, he wished, he had a partner.

As Katherine walked and walked, she felt the stress and pressure of everyday life lift off her shoulders. Her parents expected so much from her, but there was always a limit, and if she pushed that limit too hard, things would fall apart. It was a difficult life, living with parents who had such high expectations. In such stressful times, Kate found herself wandering the streets of New York, until she eventually reached a park, where the birds sang and the trees grew.

With a deep sigh and a relaxed expression, Kate wandered through the park, admiring the trees around her and how the sun peeked through the branches. Her light blonde hair rustled in the wind slightly, brushing against her delicately framed face. Catching sight of a bench nearby, Kate slowly began walking towards it, her heeled shoes clicking against the cement. She took a seat, and looked up to find a large oak tree and its branches sprawled above her. The sun began shining down on her face in golden rays of warmth, and out of relaxation, Kate closed her eyes and smiled slightly.

When she reopened her eyes, Kate lowered her gaze, only to find a man sitting directly across from her, looking just as relaxed as she did. She smiled, revealing a lovely set of white teeth.

"Such a lovely day today, isn't it?" Kate asked him, her British accent quite apparent in her spoken words. The wind once again began blowing, rustling the leaves above and her short golden locks.

@Writtar

"Oh yep, it's one of the best we have around here." Joe closed his eyes, and felt extremely relaxed, and shortly after, opened his eyes at Katherine. He felt sudden bursts of emotions, from sadness to love at first sight.

His father often commented not to hang out with any girls as he may get "attached" with them, and that would cause trauma for him. A sudden breeze blew and brushed Joe's hair to the side, he smiled to Katherine, and noticed that he had seen her often taking leisurely walks around the streets that he took on the way to the park.

He tried to act as charming as he could, talking in the most sensible and American-British accent that he could, he cleared his throat and started to speak.

"Well, nice to meet you, I'm Joe, and you are?"

(OOC, I'm going to go to sleep, it's 10:06 PM here, I'll reply in the morning.)

Last edited by a moderator:
At Joe's introduction, Katherine's lovely smile only widened more. Something clicked when she looked at him, but she didn't know what. Katherine had seen him before, wandering the park just as she did sometimes, but the two never properly introduced themselves to each other.

"Katherine, but you can call me Kate for short. It's very nice to meet you." Kate murmured, tilting her head to the side slightly and maintaining her smile. A strand or two of her curled golden locks fell in front of her blue eyes for a moment, before the wind seemed to brush them away with a sudden gust.

"I think I've seen you before. Do you come here often?" Her expression became curious, and she instinctively propped her elbow up against the bench's armrest, and placed her hand underneath her chin, gazing at him.

"Well yes, just to get away from stressful and well, all in all, cruel life." Joe tilted his body slightly, but noticeably, towards Kate's body, and he saw her golden locks being brushed around in the air.

"It's just that, this place has a sort of, relaxing vibe that sets off my mind to relax, it's like I'm sleeping, but awake."

He caught sight of a coffee shop that he bought coffee from once, and he felt his stomach growling like a lion. "We can go get some breakfast or something, they sell sandwiches over at that coffee shop, I mean, aren't you hungry?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

Katherine arched an eyebrow and smiled teasingly, hoping to bring out a more playful side of him. Although they had just met, she already felt comfortable with him, like she'd known him before. It was unusual. Of course, Katherine was never the antisocial type, so interactions with other people was always easy. But this... seemed entirely different.

In a way, she related to him. They both came to this park for the same reason: to relax and get away from the pressure of the world. It was hard to believe she'd never met him before, after all those times of visiting the park and seeing him.

@Writtar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back