Spooky Writing Contest 2017 Lost one left behind...

AniMANIA7983

Axolotl be back
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
(Best viewed in dark theme.)

Jim R. was walking down the street at 2:49 AM. The breeze was soothing and the air smelled fresh. He liked going on nightly walks, yet this one was... different.

As he walked, he had begun to feel... A presence.. behind him. Almost as if eyes were glued to the back of his skull. So he turned around.
Every time, nothing was there and his feeling would dissolve. However, every time he would turn back... the presence would return and the air would start to feel cold.

Soon, not only did it feel as if he were being watched; he also began to hear things. A soft shuffling seemed to trail behind him; each movement echoing behind every one of his footsteps. And a silent splash, almost as if someone were stepping into a puddle.

With each step his feeling grew stronger, the air grew colder, the sounds approached further.

He began to run.

His body started to reflexively lurch and turn to see if he could catch whatever it was, but nothing would be there.

Eventually, the feeling stopped dispersing. It only grew, because he could not find it’s source.

He began to feel numb, the air was getting too cold for him to stand. He couldn’t even feel his own hands in front of him and his vision had started to blur.

He felt his body, hoping to feel any sort of sensation.
Nothing.

The air grew tighter and the and the noise resounded in his ears as if it had always been there.

He couldn’t stand it anymore. He had to get away! He had to get it out! It was suffocating!

But he felt exhausted.

He fell to his knees as he gasped for breath. He didn’t feel tired, but he didn’t think he had any energy left. He felt a sudden pain in the back of his head. It was a throbbing headache.

His head dropped as his eyes began to close.

Minutes passed as his heavy breathing continued. It wasn’t until 30 minuets had passed when he noticed that the noise had stopped. The feeling was gone.
All of it.

He opened his eyes to see the ground underneath him. He quickly looked behind himself to make sure nobody was there. Nothing was.

His head dropped back to the ground eyes closed. He chuckled to himself in relief. Nobody was following him on the way, how could anyone follow him back. He slowly began to get up as he opened his eyes.

He felt absolute terror as he saw them.

Pale
, white, feet.

One of them sat normally, while the other was contorted sideways, pointing behind the figure as if it wasn’t connected to the body itself. Red liquid emerged from it and the rest of the figure was drenched in water.

The man was in shock, he thought he had gotten rid of it.

He started to look up the at thing. It’s thighs had a cut with a branch lodged in.
There were deep slash marks on it’s abdomen, multiple stab wounds in the chest.
It had chunks of flesh hanging off and a dislocated left shoulder.
It’s jaw was out of place. As if it were disconnected on both sides, broken to the extent where it would never heal.
It’s hair was black as tar and looked as if it had been covered in grease; frayed in multiple locations.

Jim launched back as it’s eyes locked with his own. They were a hollow white... except for a black center. Small pupils with a grey lens. There’s was no sense of life emitting from them, yet they managed to shrink as they focused in on him. They seem to crack as they locked in his direction.

The muscles in it’s face appeared to let out a grin as he gasped for breath, “You’re dead! I thought I dumped you in the lake! I thought I lost you!”

The creature’s head shot back as it let out an unnatural howl of laughter
Well.. It seems...”, her gaze returned to him.

“ I FOUND YOU..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread