Lore Vs Wyld

greasy golem gunk

Anyone else think that adding "Fey Killing" charms into Lore is sensible? (similar to the Occult "spirit fighting" charms).

Examples

Fey-Cutting Attack: Lore 2/Essence 2, 4 motes INSTANT supplimental charm.

(requires the lore charm "Chaos-repelling Pattern").

It inflicts cold-iron damage upon the fey; Aggrivated damage/dispelling certain effects.  (Cost raised from Spirit-cutting to reflect the agg damage).

Fey-Eating Technique: Lore4/Essence3, 5 motes INSTANT/supplmental, requires "Fey-cutting attack".

The Fairie version of Ghost-eating technique.  Non-agg, but the rate of Essence drain should demolish a fairies supply in rapid order.  

Fey-Buffet Style: Lore5/essence3, 10 motes/2 willpower, 1 Scene/simple, requires Fey-Eating Technique.  

A scene length version of Fey-Eating Technique.  I particularly like the name of this charm.  2 Willpower because the Mote cost is negligible at it's rate of recovery.

(Back to occult charms)

Spirit-buffet style: Occult5/Essence3, 10 motes/2 willpower, 1 scene/simple, requires Ghost-Eating Technique.

(scene length version of Ghost-Eating).  (Same willpower cost, because mote recovery is rather rapid).

Not a lot of discussion on my part, and even less Flavor text, but who's got thoughts on it?

-greasy

I don't particularly see the Fae-Killing Charms as viable.  They require the Exalt mimicking "cold iron."  It simply doesn't make much sense for Solars to be able to do that.  Solars are powerful, but that just doesn't seem to fit their niche, in my opinion.

Spirit-Buffet?  Heh.  's alright, I suppose... I'll have to think it over some...

While I'm not a real fan of just straight up ports for dealing with Ghosts and dematerialized critters against the Fey, just for simple aestheic sense...it does make some sense that Solars could come up with a few Charms to deal with these critters.

A Charm that creates an armor-like casing of not Jade, but iron dust that gives them increased protection against Fey magics.  And causes damage if they parry.

A billowing cloud of iron dust that chokes and moves with the Exalt, wreathing their attacks with sheets of the stuff.  Each attack does cold iron damage, as does being in melee range, automatically, with no chance for a soak--1L.

The Exalt is encased in bands of iron that manifest from Essence, pouring out clouds of iron dust and splinters with each movement.  Any Fae within a 20' of the Exalt lose Essence, take 3L just for being within proximity.

You could go the Martial Arts route against the Fae as well, but I kind of like the idea of a Lore Charm coming up with an indirect way of protecting and being useful.  No real protection from normal weapons, no real effect against any other creatures of the Creation or Outside, just the Fae.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back