• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lone Island Survival

Loktar

我是湯瑪士

<Story/Background>

concordia-shipwreck.jpg

September 19th 2012, a full loaded cruiser set off from the biggest harbor in Republic of Nsysu but disappeared in the Pacific due to an unexpected storm. Big waves stoke the gunnels of the cruiser making it toppled down to a side. Few survivors got the chance to climb on a life boat.

After hours of floating in the middle of nowhere when passengers felt frustrate and despaired, the life boat crashed onto a shore...Not for long, they realize that they are on a Lone Island.

<Rules>

1. This is a role play of novice level and it is set for a studying project. Therefore, that may be some unpredictable problems and mistakes among playing.

2. No godmodding and perfect dodge. In other words, you cannot control the actions of characters other than your own; you cannot automatically hit the enemy every time you attack; and you cannot dodge/escape from the attacks of others all the time.

3. No firearms available in the island.

4. You can only damage other players rather than kill them.

5. If you want to join this role play, please sign up a character first.

(to be continue)

Target: Find a way out !

<Character Status Chart>

(please copy this chart to the bottom of your posts)

---------------------------

Name:

Belongings:

<Discovered Area>

FUJmvFF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The cruiser was torn apart by the brutal waves. Shore breaks hit the wrecks over and over again. Some lifeboats were still hanging on the racks. Bodies lay along the beach. A beam of sun light burst through the crack and woke Tomas up. He opened his eyes and touched his body making sure that he was “complete.” He tried to stand up but hit the roof right away. Crawling out from the separated cabin, Tomas soon found out that he could barely stand up. He looked around with his clothes still dripping. “Can anybody hear me?”, he tried his best to make the loudest sound he could. However, no one answered him but chirps, waves, and the echo.

Tomas walked off with a cigarette. He leaned upon a palm tree for a while as the wisp ascended straight up. He looked into the sky and still could not believe that what happened to him was real.

“Maybe I was chosen by some TV programs. Maybe it is a dream. Maybe I drink too much. Maybe I did some drugs, but I don’t do drugs. Maybe I should find a way out. Maybe…” Tomas talked to himself while his eyelids approached each other and the cigarette burned to an end.

Name: Tomas

Belongings: lighter, cigarette

celebrity-tuscan.jpg
The party. The fabulous party. Peter is still in the excitement of the farewell party. He lies on the floor, dreaming the scene of party. Suddenly, a drop of water falls on his eye. "Aww...I must get drunk...I need to take some rest...I need my first officer to take care of the ship for me..." said Peter. "Alexander, please look after the lovely ship for a while. I really need to take a nap." With not reply, Peter thinks he should speak louder to notice his first officer. "Alexander? Alexander?" Peter speaks louder and louder, but the whole environment still remain silence. Peter gradually sits up and looks around the cabin. What he can see is bodies and bodies. "What happen? What happen to this ship? What happen to my dear friend?" Peter feels quite anxious and he has no idea what to do. However, he talks to himself he wants to survive. He wants to know what happen exactly. He realize he should go inside to the bridge to find more clues.

Name: Peter

Belongings: A glass of champagne, a broken iPhone

"Where the hell am I?" Nini just couldn't believe what she had gone through. Last night she enjoyed the party, champagne and danced in the dance floor. She was taking a long vacation since she just broke up with her boyfriend and decided to travel on the sea. After the party she went back to the room and was ready to take a shower. Suddenly, she heard the loud and horrible crash. Then the alert bell rang and broadcast started to speak: "Attention, please, ladies and gentlemen, we are experiencing the big storm now. The situation is risky and emergent and. Please go back to your room and put the important belongings into the survival kit. Then come up to the deck orderly and go aboard to lifeboats. " Nini feel the violent shake and barely stood. She put something might be useful in the kit: knife, lighter, rope and of course, gloves with rivets which given by her ex-boyfriend, Sean. "If I can survival, I would go back and punch that son of bitch heavily!" The ship started to move intensively. It seemed like it was going to be turn upside down! Bang! Nini ran as soon as possible to the deck with her kit. But she failed. The sea water came in like furious monster. She ran into the kitchen and found a life buoy. "Break the window or I must die here!" She broke the window and jumped into the sea. Then she floated to the seashore. "Where the hell am I?" When she looked around and found the survival kit and life buoy, she realized the shit really happened. She started to weep. "Is anyone here??! Answer me! Shit....I don't want to be alone in this damned place!" "Kyow, kyow..." Only seagulls flying on the sky answered her.

Name:Nini

Belongings:survival kit and life buoy

1773834.jpg

Nini stood up and looked around: the palm trees, the beach and the sea….nothing else. The weather is humid and the sun is heating. Owing to these clues, she assumed that she was in the tropics. Next, she checked what she had: a survival kit, a lifebuoy and the gloves. The contents of the kit were: 3 bottles of water, few packages of cookies and cereal bars, a role of bandage, scissors, a flashlight, a watch with compass, a knife , a whistle and some ointment. She carefully put the stuff in the kit since these things might save her life one day. She looked around again and made a decision: find the water and food first. Fortunately, she joined the survival camp one year ago and knew well about survival skills. She wore the watch and decided to go to the west of the place. But first of all, she needed some energy! Nini went to the one of big palm trees and had some cereal bars. “Yuk...I hate cereal...If I had the chance to go back, I would never eat this shit…...Damn it!! The calories are up to 700 for a bar!? WTH!!!” She reluctantly finished the food and water and was ready to set out to find the water. She walked along palm trees’ shadows to keep from getting heat stroke. “No buildings and no foot prints. The scenes never change. Is there any human beings?” she thought. She kept blowing the whistle while walking, but no one answer her. Nini started to worried that maybe this place was a deserted island and no one survived from the shipwreck. After a day-long walking, she finally stopped at the palm tree. “It’s so ridiculous. How can I survive in this kind of place? I should bring my "Welson"...Damned! Oh, no. I just finished the last bottle of water! I need to hurry up.” Nini stood up and kept her journey. After two hours later, about 6 pm. She finally heard the sound of water. “Finally, a big river! How lucky am I!” She ran to the river excitedly. However, she faintly saw someone stood by the river. It was a HUMAN!!!!!

Name:Nini

Belongings: survival kit

(15 minutes before the crash)

Jagk stood there, watching as gentle but still powerful waves hit the side of the boat. What a night. No clouds in the sky, nice breeze, even the birds were flying in the sky. Wait a minute? Birds!?

He closely examines as they squak, almost as if something were bothering them. "Well shit..." He instantly went inside, wanting to warn the others. Then, CRASH!

He fell to his back and got back up just as fast. He sprinted towards the lifeboats, a whole horde of people following him. Waves battered the deck and people fell.

A mini Tsunami towered over the ship as Jagk threw himself in a hall. He watched helplessly as men and women were thrown aside and some were even thrown overboard. He knew he had to survive, so he ran to a lifeboat and cut the ropes using a piece of broken glass he found. Then, nothing.

He woke up on the shore of an island, probably desert. He forgot all that had happened the night before for a moment, then the memories came flooding back. The wreck. The dead. The island.

Yes, YES!

He remembered!

he got knocked out from the fall in the lifeboat most likely, he escaped a shipwreck, and avoided death. He quickly checked his belongings. His lighter he never used, about 15 dollars, and his lifeboat!

He had a faint smile on his face. Despite what had happened, he felt secure and alone for once in his life. He quickly suppressed it. How could he even think that he could be happy after so many people died? He rummaged through the lifeboat to see whether or not he had a kit. He found a small backpack filled with supplies and various other equipment that included: A first-aid kit, mac and cheese, complete with pots and pans found in the shelves of the lifeboat, 'just add water' meals, a knife, and cloth. He was gonna make it.

He instantly set on using his knife to chop up some of the lifeboat. He knew he couldn't use it again, as it somehow magically had a hole in the bottom of it. Maybe he could use the wood for another raft. he knew he couldn't patch it up, the boat was already rickity as it was, it was even a miracle he landed safely while being knocked out.

The smile found its way on his face again.

Char. Sheet:Name: Jagk (pronounced 'Jack')

Supplies: Broken glass shard, dead lighter, 15 dollars, Supplies in lifeboat (what supplies are even IN the lifeboat?)

It was the next day when Tomas found out that he fell asleep. He looked at the jungle located right in front of him and pondered, “There must be lots of starving beasts wandering in there. I better take the way by the sea.” Hours had passed. Tomas felt thirsty and hungry walking in a torturing hot day. His clothes were dripping again but by the sweat this time. Suddenly, he smelled something different, different from the salty sea water. There was a lake just a few miles away, which Tomas could tell from the light reflection. The lake was surrounded by bushes and plants. As he got closer to the lake, he felt more desperate to dip into the water. When he finally got there, Tomas jumped into the water without any hesitation. He floated on the lake for a while enjoying the first “relax” moment in this trip. But not for long, Tomas was stroke by the hunger feeling again. Among the bushes surrounding the lake, there were some fruits with shining colors. He eagerly plucked them off and swallowed like a greedy monster. “I would rather take the poison fruits than starve in a nameless island,” said Tomas with mouthful of berries.

Before leaving the lake, Tomas filled his pockets with those plant products hoping that these supplies could be enough for him to get to next stop. Tomas stepped to the shore so as to locate how far he had gone and how big the island was. However, across the lake, there was only a wasteland with no grass or any plant on it. So he decided to go into the jungle area and try to cross the two mountains reaching another side of the island. Tomas gradually lost his bearing when he went into the jungle. The two mountains were blocked by the enormous and strange tropical plants. By making marks on the trees, all Tomas could sure was that he was heading to a certain direction because he met no marked trees in his way. He rested on a small rock for some supplies by his smashed berries. All of a sudden, he noticed that there was an unusual cave on the cliff side chocked by climbing vines and unidentified plants. Out of curiosity, Tomas approached the cave slowly. Inside the cave, it was completely dark without a gleam. He could only put his hands on the wall making himself a way. “Go back or go on, is there any difference to me?” said Tomas when he still went forward.

131353727_c2f382057d_z.jpg

Location: Entering a cave from the jungle area between the lake and two mountains

Belongings: lighter, cigarette, some berries, pocket knife

The stars had a nice sparkle to them reminding him of the girl that got away. Beer bottle in hand leaning on the ships rails next to the lifeboat racks, Jeff had been contemplating what would happen if he just jumped into the life boat and sailed away.

He counts the seconds in between sips of his beer to avoid drinking too quickly, he only does this to avoid having a reason to go back inside.

In his deep thought of dying out at sea he hears shouting from the helm. "ROCKS! ROCKS!"

Jeff stands up straight looking over the railing towards the front of the ship seeing nothing but darkness dead ahead.

The ship rumbles and scrapes against coral and rocks for a small time until a loud bang and huge tremor knocks his head into a banister and falls into a life boat.

He opens his eyes and is blinded by the light. He sits up and looks around the life boat "Still on the ship." A shimmer catches his eye.

Blood fills the cracks of the wood and glass reflect the light into his face making him scrunch his face.

He grabs the side of the boat and grunts in pain. He falls down and looks at his hand to find a cut from the glass.

He leans against the side and uses his good hand to climb out and scans the beach. So many bodies.

"I need to get to my cabin"

Name: Jeff

Belongings: keys, bottle opener, iPhone (low battery), leather wallet with 32 dollars

ace being held captive by a robber was forced to sit in a lower cabin. The first spoke in a mesmerizing tone "Reach down slowly to your bag and give me all your money and I wont hurt you". Ace realized the man had no gun only a knife. Ulunky for the man Ace had a gun. When ace reached down he waited for the man to turn his head and then pulled a gun.

Ace had never killed before but he told himself "there's a first time for everything". He slowly aimed at the mans head and pulled the trigger. "Bang" "bang" "bang" he had fired 3 shots 2 of which hit the mans head. The 3rd missed by an inch. Ace said out loud "holy shit I just killed someone". "What do I do?". And then "CRASH". Ace had hit his head and blacked out.

He soon awoke to realize he had fallen out of a hole in the wall and was staring at the sun. "My left arm really hurts I hope it's not broken" as he tries to move it he hears a cracking sound and realizes it sadly is broken. "I need to get to my cabin and get my backpack. In the hall of the tilted ship he sees some one trying to get into their cabin but ignores him/her for now and proceeds to his cabin.

When he reaches his cabin he picks up his backpack with his good arm. "I better talk to the person a few cabins down".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------–-------------------------------------

Name: Ajay (ace is his nickname)

Belongings: Kukri (Asian knife), rugged backpack, and a bandanna from the robber he killed. The robers clothes even though disgusting its a change of clothes or can be ripped for bandages.

After Peter gets to the bridge to find out more details, he realizes that the ship is about 70% destroyed. But luckily, he sees a booklet with a gold cover, and this makes him notice the existence of the book. He picks it up and read the words printed on the book "Ship Construction 101: Even an idiot can build a ship on his own." "Umm..Maybe I should keep it, probably I can use it to build a new ship and get out of this horrible hell!"

2903-pos07poseidon-fx-00152.jpg

However, something worse happens suddenly. In order to get out the ship, the only way Peter can access is to cross the lobby level, but it is totally on fire. But smart Peter is, he thinks about using a rope to cross it. He gets a rope with a hook from the survival kit he grabs from the bridge, and soon he has tightened up the rope on one side. And he tries really hard to throw the rope to the other side, but unfortunately, he fails to do it. Peter holds a belief: Impossible is nothing. He keeps trying trying and trying, and finally he attach the rope on railings eventually. On the other side, Peters sees more and more bodies as he walks by, and he gradually becomes upset. He starts thinking if this fatal accident is his fault. He reflects his career, his life and his 99% done job- the captain of the ship. He doesn't know how to deal with these complicated issues, and he sat on the bench, which is used to serve First Class passengers only before the accident. All at once, he sees a streak of sunlight from outside...

Belongings: a broken iPhone, Ship Construction 101, rope with hook, survival kit

he began ripping up the planks knowing what to do with them. He grabbed his scissors, knowing this was a good waste of scissors. He tied them together with some random rope he found in the boat's cargo holder. He knew he had to eat soon, and he wanted to save the Mac and Cheese for later. He brought around 2 spears and made small little lassos for them, as he went into the forest with only his knife and his spears.

'Come on... Come on...'

He said to himself as he raised his spear.

There was nothing visible inside the tunnel. The only thing guiding him was the babble of a stream, a fall, or maybe just his imagination. Out of carelessness, Tomas was tumbled by a bulge. Subsequently, all the bats in the cave were frightened by the noise. They beat their wings making reverberatory sounds with squeaking. Tomas was really scared because he had no idea whether those bats would attack him. He huddled up against the wall trying to ease the disturbance. But the flapping sound kept vibrating through the cave.

An idea flushed through Tomas's mind, he took out his lighter and lightened up the tunnel. He found that all the bats were heading to the same direction. "They are going out the cave!", Tomas crawled to the exit as fast as he could while numerous bats passed through his head above. The sunlight sprayed on Tomas's face as he got out there. He could barely open his eyes. With a hand blocking the light, he saw that there was a river horizontally cutting through the forest. Luckily, the river was not too deep nor rapid that he could easily wade across. Entering another side of the forest, there was some noises inside the bushes. "Hello? Anyone there? I'm Tomas, a survivor from the cruiser." said Tomas. The noises continued. "Hello! Can you hear me?" Tomas pulled out his pocket knife in case that there was a beast. He summoned up his courage and pushed aside the bushes..........................there was a man holding up a spear.

Belongings: lighter, cigarette, pocket knife

Walking down the hallway he looked at each sign numbering the rooms until he found his.

Using his keys he opens the door and walks inside. Just how he left it.

He walks into the room, closes the door, locks it, and starts searching through the nightstand.

After searching his entire room from top to bottom he heads to the bathroom and searches for bandages. Failing to find any he retreats back to the bed and starts ripping sheets.

Gathering enough strips to make bandages, he sits down on the bed and starts wrapping the strips around his hand. He goes to the mini bar and grabs a little alcoholic drink and downs it to numb the pain.

He walks towards the door and stops to unlock it.

Stepping outside, he sees a man at the end of the hall sitting on a bench.

"Finally someone who could tell me what's going on" he thinks.

"Hello?" He says "Peter? Is that you?".

Name: Jeff

Belongings: keys, bottle opener, iPhone (low battery), leather wallet with 32 dollars, duffelbag with clothes, snacks from mini bar, water from the mini bar, lighter, glass ashtray, cigarettes

After Peter discovers the light, he feels extremely joyful. But he still doesn't have any equipment to destroy the hole to get out from the ship. Suddenly, he hears a weak voice "Peter...Is...that...you...?" Peter feels quite shocked about it, he gets a sense of feeling that probably it it the voice of the ghost, the soul, the spirit of the wreck ship. So he starts running, trying to stay away from the voice "Stop chasing me! Stop calling my name! It's not my fault! I am also a victim of the catastrophe!" He runs and runs and runs, and he falls on the floor. He sees a knife left by anonymous person, and in order to protect himself, he picked it up and put it in his survival kit immediately. Luckily, he finds a door which can access to the dock, that is to say, right behind the door is freedom, is the only way he can get rid of his hell, or his nightmare.

4770274700_949bf25703_z.jpg

Belongings: a broken iPhone, Ship Construction 101, rope with hook, survival kit, a knife

Opening the door, Peter feels the smell of freedom. But! Peter fainted right away! (Probably he is too excited about being freedom, or maybe he has starved for a long time) He drops himself to the sea, drifting, drifting and drifting. He drifts alone the coast. When he opens his eye again, he sees a strong woman looking at him defensively...

Little did Tomas know that "the man with spear" was just a phantom, a tree with protruded brances.

"Hey buddy lay down your weapon! We can get the hell out here together," Tomas was merely talking to a tree. "Why do you still point the spear at me? You wanna fight? " He rushed to the motionless "man" and tried to take away his weapon by force. "Let go your weapon!" Tomas grasped the branch and tried to twist it down. CRACK!!! The branch fell down on the ground while Tomas hit his forehead on the trunk. When he realized that it was just a illusion, his anticipation flew away with the river.

As he frustratingly sat by the stream, he heard some noises again. This time, he was 100% for sure that it is a human because the step was regular and double. "It would only be a human or kind of fowls for me to eat." said Tomas. He followed the sound and tracked it down. Just as expected, he saw a woman stood a few meters away from the river and it looked like that she was looking at something or someone. In order not to frighten the lady, Tomas walked to her slowly and said in a soft voice, "Hello there, I am Tomas. I bet that we both went through the accident, right? What are you looking for?"

Belongings: lighter, pocket knife

The man talked. "Hello there, I am Tomas. I bet that we both went through the accident, right? What are you looking for?" "Oh, thank God! You are a real HUMAN! I just wonder that I'm the only survivor in the shipwreck!" Nini couldn't help weeping, for the hope. She wiped the tears and introduced herself to Thomas. "Hi, I'm Nini. Guess we just don't know what's going on, right? By the way, do you eat anything? Your face looks so pale! I have some cereal bars. Just have some! We have to leave this place, don't we?" She passed food and water to Thomas, then she showed him what she had. "Seriously, I think we should make a plan, a plan that let us get out of this place....."

Cool-River-St1.jpg

Name: Nini

Belongings: survival kit

Tomas fell into a great despair, "what !? You mean we are the only survivors? I thought that there would be lots of survivors on this island waiting for help." He covered his face with both palms while Nini's hand still lingered on the air. "oh sorry." He accepted the supplies and continued talking, "you are right! We must get the hell out here as soon as possible. But how?" He leaned on the trunk and pondered, "maybe we should build up a place for settling down first and I will place a mark on the beach site that flying machines will notice us." He picked up a stick then rushed to the beach marking the sand in big "S.O.S." However, when he looked into the sky, there was nothing but clouds. Then he stuck a shaft into the ground with his clothe hanging on the top.

Later, He borrowed the knife from Nini and tried to chop down some relative thin branches from the plants. "I think a shed would be enough for us in such a hot place. Would you please find some big leaves or anything like that so that we can have a roof haha. By the way, can you tell me what are you looking at when you were at the river side? Is there anything special?" said Tomas.

Belongings: lighter, pocket knife, knife from Nini

Nini didn't notice what Thomas said but walked to the river side and looked at something floating on the river. Then she saw that thing covered with a piece of cloth. Cloth?She was sure that "thing" is a "human." "Thomas, come!! I think I find a human!!" She took out the rope in the kit and looped the rope as soon as possible. Then she threw the loop and wanted to catch the human. She didn't make it at the first time. "Shit, he's going to leave!" She took of the shoes and jumped into river. As a coach, she was good at almost every kind of sport. She swam fast and finally reach the human. "Catch you!" Then she grabbed his arm and swam back to the land. She was extremely because of this big guy. "Hey, can you hear me? Hey, wake up!"

While Nini was waking the man, Thomas ran toward them. Since the man was still in coma, she decided to do CPR. She pushed his chest hard with regular tempo. Suddenly, the man coughed out some water and opened his eyes.

Belongings: wet cloth

Peter hears the voice from the strong woman "Hey! Can you hear me? Hey wake up!", Peter feels terrified, and he is wondering where the he'll he is. "Ahhhhhh!!! Where am I? Where is the Ship? Are these two people the phantom from the ship? Should I run? Should I stay away from them? Are they the people from the local tribe?" Peter is still in a mood, and his mental status is not so stable. However, he is not an idiot, and in order to find a way out, he then decide to stay with the two people. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...please help me! Please! I was chased by some weird spirits! Can I team up with you? I am experienced in ship " Peter says.
Ocean-Breath1.jpg

---------------------------------------

Belongings: a broken iPhone, Ship Construction 101, rope with hook, survival kit, a knife

"Isn't he the stupid captain of the ship? That son of bitch! He must run away at first time to save his own life. I remember that I saw him "enjoying" in the party before the shipwreck! What a disloyal and disgusting man!" Nini thought when the man started to cry out for the help. She hated the disloyal man, just like her ex-boyfriend, Sean, who betrayed her again and again. She stood up and walk toward Thomas. "He is the captain. But I don't think he's a good man. You also heard about him, right?" Nini whispered to Thomas while the man was still in chaos.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belongings: none

It seemed that Nini just ignored Tomas's question so he pretend to talking to himself. "Where are you going?" asked Tomas. "Oh my god, another survivor...or maybe corpse." Tomas also noticed the floating man and ran to the river side. Tomas just stood aside watching Nini spared no effort to save the guy.

Shocked by Nini's descriptions about the Captain, Tomas began to hold a negative view about him and replied to Nini in a low voice. "Actually, I have never heard about him on the ship. I was just staying in my cabin and prepared for my coming meeting. Maybe he has his own difficulties though I suppose that the captain should sink with the ship or stay in the ship until everyone gets out. However, we are under a difficult time now. Maybe he can be helpful because he said that he is good at making ship." Tomas handed the cereal bar to the captain and asked, "here! have some. You haven't tell us your name."

Belongings: lighter, pocket knife

Peter sees the strong woman talking to the man suspiciously as if Peter was the main cause of the disaster. But the man seems to be a nice person

that he gives Peter a cereal bar, and since Peter has been starving for a few days, he eats the bar in a bite instantly. Peter still feels shameful about the shipwreck, and he is very afraid of being considered to be the ringleader of the tragedy. Tomas then asks Peter's name, but he is so frighted that he can hardly say a word. "I...I...I...I...(Sigh...)" Everyone remains silence. "My...M...My...n..a...m..e is Peter. I...how to explain it to you...""I was in charge of the ship before the tragedy happened..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back