Story Like Raindrops - Prologue

Fluffy Cookies

Angelic Demon
Roleplay Type(s)
Rain pattered against the window early in the morning, waking Lylla C. Fynch from her daze. She doesn't sleep anymore, hasn't since her little brother died. Now she'll just space out most of the time, the other times it gets scary; She'll convulse for a second, as if she was having a seizure, and then she'll drop. Her hands would shake, her eyes would be rolled into the back of her head, and her nose would bleed profuusely without stopping after a while. Does it hurt? Not really, just feels uncomfortable.

Lylla sits up, her ice-cold grey eyes lazily moving toward her alarm clock: 5:30 am. She groans and turns her lamp on, looking around at her nearly-empty room. Today was the day.

Despite being eighteen, Lylla still lives with her parents, and today they are moving. She hasn't moved since she was a toddler, away from her hometown in England, to a nice city in Washington State, America, called Bellingham. That was fifteen years ago. Now, they are moving out of Bellingham Washington to a small town in Oregon. It's supposedly much much smaller than what she's used to and she doesn't know if she's ready for it.

"C'mon, Ly, we have a long day of driving ahead of us!" Her father called up the stairs. Right, early start. Lylla packs the rest of her belongings into the few remaining boxes.

"Hey, da, what's the name lf the town we're moving to again?" Lylla asked as she brought one of the boxes down. "It's called Gravity Falls," he tells her, "a quaint little town that is said to be riddled with the paranormal. Your mother and I agreed you would like it for that reason."

"Gravity Falls," Lylla repeated in a whisper. It sounded cool to her, but something didn't seem right, and she couldn't put her finger on it. It was like a small static feeling in the back of her mind, but as soon as it was there, it vanished. "Strange..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain didn't stop even as they reached Seattle. It was going to be six more hours until they reached that small, quiet town. Lylla watched as each drop of water raced each other to the bottom of the window.

Her unnaturally stark-white hair was tucked into the hood of her back Aeropostale hoodie which she wore with black jeans from Old Navy and black and white, low-top Converse.

Slowly, she picks up her blue pen to stretch her arm a little before continuing to write. She pops an earbud in, listening to the slowed, reverb version of Runaway by Aurora.

The sky was crying, sobbing with no reason and to no avail. What made the sky so sad? Was it from pain? Or was it from a broken heart?
Maybe she was crying for her brother, the sea, who was so near yet so far.

It was only a moment before I realized that I was the sky, and my own brother was the sea. I was crying because of how I saw him last. His eyes were pale, lifeless, and sorrowful. His hands. Cold. Clammy. Stiff. He was gone. His body was still there yet his spirit was somewhere else...

"Lylla, sweetheart, we're going to be there in a d hour," her mother tells her from the passenger seat, "are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" Lylla had no idea she had spaced out again until her mother had spoken.

"No, thank you," she shook her head, "I'm feeling a little car-sick at the moment."

"Alright, darling, just get as much sleep as you can," the woman told her. Lylla only nods. One more hour? How is that even possible?
She checks the time on her phone. They had left at six o'clock this morning and it was already one in the afternoon.

"Bloody hell, time does fly," Lylla whispers.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

AN/: Hello, my lovelies, please tell me what you think of this prologue. I'll be posting chapters 1-3 in a bit.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back