• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Let just paint a happy little airship right here...

Gradous13

King of Snek
Hello! I do drawings everah now and again, Ill post em up once I make a new one so enjoy!

P.s. Feed back and suggestions are welcome (Industrial art is what I am mainly decent at, so like tanks, planes etc)

Das Vernichter warship

FB_IMG_1467094803035.jpg

Hawk MK VI

Black -9-

FB_IMG_1467094811396.jpg

TI'm not sure that the first picture is really an Airship, I'm more convinced that its a ship - ship. Overall it's very nice, very much inspired by current military ships as it's weaponry and overall shape very much resembles that of modern ships. I could look for examples on what I mean but when I look at the very 'very' back I think I might see what makes the ship 'fly' if its an airship. This is the more practical side of reviewing but I'm not sure how it would stay in the air, if in the sea then well I need not say further. It's a great ship overall, but I'll add some nit picks. I see on the port side of the ships 2 guns that are rather oddly placed. One is facing forward, and the other is facing backward. This seems rather unnecessary unless you are shooting for a Star Destroyer/ Death Star vibe, its just doesn't look right to have guns there. In the front both on port and starboard sides I see guns back to back facing the same direction. Unless they are shooting sideways there is no way where both guns will remain intact after firing once, but it does look nice.

Now about that second picture. It's obviously a fighter jet with shark painting on the nose. It's a neat shape, has a single engine on the back, a cockpit. Everything seems fine except for weapons. I know this is artwork, but if you are going to make a fighter jet it should have some visible weapons that make it look more... fierce. The forward wing shape is nice, it looks like something futuristic, alienish. I don't have many negative other than I sorta wish there were weapons and perhaps a bit more detail to the fighter.

Overall both ships are symmetrical which I imagine isn't easy to do. I surely can't draw anything like that, yet if this is for say an Anime, manga, etc unless the name of the game is to make the ships somewhat futuristic without silly exaggerations you got it! However I would like to see some more. Perhaps the means for the thing to be in the air be it balloons spinning hellicopter blades perhaps a downward engine something to show that this thing can fly in the air. If your goal is to use magic (if this is for anime manga) then well you don't need that, but since this seems to be more realistically inspired I would like to see some more realistic qualities. 

Good work!

@Onyx Energy

Absolutely love the feed back! I am currently designing a new Airship, and the suggestion of down ward engines will help with  the design as Ive been having a rather difficult time adding a different look from Das Vernichter, as for the fighter, it is under powered for weaponry. I remeber having a harder time figuring what armament to put on it so I just went with six heavy machine gun ports, Look closely by the front of the wing were the wing connects to the hull, Im a big fan if traditional dog fighting (I feel thats what it should be called if not already) so thats why I only put guns on it

Bored, did meh short story... great visuals if you got awesome imagination though :D

The hardened soldier aboard the countles air-cruisers from both Acradia and Belka clash against each other in the largest battle the two countries had ever seen in attempt to have the upper hand over the other. Barrage after barrage, the two sides volley high explosive while the black smoke from the heavy guns turn the day into night. Rage has consumed the commanding officers who now are hell bent on eradicating their enemy no matter the cost....

Through the thick, dark smoke the brutal fighting continues as radar now guides the cruisers against each other. With no end of the conflict in sight the cannon fire suddenly stops as the radar of each ship picks up the signature of a goliath ship. The screen showing the air ship to be five time that of the biggest battleship either side had to offer. Slowly the impenetrable fog of dissipates to reveal a myth, an urban legend of Agaion...

Agaion... it has been said that she would appear to end conflicts but what the combined fleets of Arcadia and Belka, who's ships where now scattered amongst each other did not expect was the firepower of Agaion to be of the magnitude that it was...

Under the belly of the Warship, a bomb bay like door opened while a large, never seen weapon descended from within only to stop after clearing the hull. Curious, the personnel  of the clashing factions did nothing but gaze upon the leviathan ship in awe, static electricity suddenly crept over the battle field and without warning a supercharged blast of electricity tore its way through several ships nearly disintegrating them from the unfathomable destructive force. The Agaion relentlessly used the weapon until not a single ship remained...

The Captain of the Agaion looked upon the bridge crew "Sometimes, both sides must loose, to see their own foolishness, to realize there isn't a way to win..." 

(PS. Tired as fuuuuuuuuk)

And some happy little Tri-planes right there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back