Kenya

PSYCOsanches589

Kitsune-kami-kitsune-okami-realm-31552072-900-1200.jpg

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: 175 lbs.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Heterosexual (cause I guess this is important)

Personality: He was taught to always be kind and caring of others around him, even if they were being less than cooperative. However, his kindness should never be mistaken for weakness because when he is pushed over the edge, he will destroy his opposition swiftly.

Abilities:

Passive: rejuvination: He gains increased health regen for every spell being casted around him, even if they are not his own.

Blizzard: Kenya sends forth a whirlwind of ice and cold in a straight line that damages and slows all caught in the path (Can damage same target multiple times if they run in the direction it is traveling or stand still)

Rage: Kenya enrages a target enemy causing them to attack whatever is closest to them, be it man or beast. The rage also causes damage to the target, and if the target is weak enough, or already plenty angry as it is, will cause them to die of a rage induced stroke. (Lasts 30 seconds)

Soul synthesis: Kenya links his soul with targeted nearby ally, granting target kenya’s passive for a short time along with healing both of them for a flat amount upon cast, or can be cast on himself alone for an increased healing affect.(Lasts 60 seconds)

Primal instincts: Kenya lets loose his fox instincts, gaining increased move speed and attack damage, along with a slight buff to damage resist.

Note that these are simply his most noteworthy abilities and consist of, but are not limited to these. Being he is a mage who been learning from many schools of magic.

Bio:

Kenya started his life born as a normal snow fox in a snowy northern land. His pack was of average size and very close knit. It was an unusual pack as they thought almost logically, like people. They shared food as even as they could, young foxes were free to play with others and even travel a little ways away from the group if they were together. On a normal, unassuming day, like any other, the pack was resting after some long travels, and kenya was playing with a couple other foxes, play wrestling, doing some kind of odd tug of war with a bone they had been holding onto for some time, and assorted other things. This was, until, a pack of wolves of almost equal size had shown up. The foxes never stood a chance. Kenya and the rest of his friends had just ran when the fighting started. After being on their own for a few days, kenya’s friends had died from injuries along with the cold and lack of food. Kenya wasn’t too far off from meeting his own end. He had a sprained leg and hunger and thirst were starting to get to him. He decided to go as comfortably as he could and just lie down under a rock over hang to be out of the snow fall that was currently going on. This was, until, a wondering mage had happened along. She was traveling the land looking for ways to study various magics, and came to this land because, well, it and ice magic, it made sense at the time. She came across the dying kenya and rushed over to see what was wrong. He heard her coming and tried to struggle to his feet and tried to limp away, thinking she might kill him, but he fell over before taking only a couple of steps. The mage squatted down next to him. “Oh…you poor thing…” she said, sadness filing her voice. Kenya let out pained and saddened whimpers. She gently picked him up “I need to get you out of this cold.” she said as she carried him off back in the direction she came from and brought him to an inn and set him next to the fireplace. She paid for some meat for kenya and some water too. The inn keeper let her take kenya up to her room with her for the night where she nursed him with healing magics to help his leg. When the next day came around, kenya was able to walk again, although not very fast. The mage would sit up in bed when she woke and petted the her new found friend. “I’m takia.” she chimed to the little fox. “Your going to need a name too.” she said as she quickly filed through names in her head “I think I’ll call you kenya, or as it would be pronounced in my homeland, kenia.” she explained to the fox. Kenya was noticeably elated as he walked over to her and began to lick her cheek, taking giggled as she pet her new kenya. “C’mon let’s go.” she said as she stood up and helped him off the bed. Takia would dress herself and then they would be off.

Takia and kenya traveled around the continent for a couple of years, takia would advance her magics through their travels until she decided it was time to go back home. “Kenia, I think it’s time I bring you to my real home back in my country.” she said with a smile as she pet the head of her growing kenya. Kenya simply tilted his head, however, as he was unsure of where she was talking about, but takia simply giggled and urged him along. They would find themselves in a port city, waiting on the next export ship going to takia's home country for a couple of days until they were off. Kenya was afraid while he was on the ship as he was so used to solid ground that didn’t rock under his feet, and spent most of the trip tucked up against takia whenever he could. They spent some time on the ship until it pulled into port in takia's home contry. Kenya was a bit more than relieved to be off the boat and he walked around and sniffed around eagerly as he wanted to explore this new land. All of thee smells were different and the colors just as different from the main land, even the ground felt different as he walked on it. Takia had brought her fox friend back to her home in a medium sized village in the southern region of the country.

Kenya and takia lived happily together for some years in their little home. Kenya was always a point of interest for everyone as they had never seen a pure white fox before. When kenya was fully grown, takia had been studying transmutation magics. She had wanted kenya to be more that just her little fox friend and be an even closer companion, but it couldn’t happen while he was an animal. After practicing her transmutation on objects and making them into more and more complex things, she felt she was ready. She called kenya out into the forest near their village. “Kenia…we have been together for so long…and we have become so close.” she began, kenya tilting his head. “I..I would like us to be closer though…but…with you being an animal…we can’t. So…I’m going to turn you into a human.” she explained, kenya was still confused as to what she was saying “I know I can do it…and it will be a good experience for you. You can live your life in a completely new way and it will make things easier and more enjoyable.” she explained “Here goes…please..I need you to be very still.” she said as she began to move her hands about, a blue energy emanated from them that formed around kenya. Kenya jumped up and became very afraid very fast, he looked around himself rapidly and his feet stomped about “Kenia please, stay still!” she beckoned, the spell was almost complete, but kenya leaped away as the transformation took place. Kenya had transformed, but it was incomplete, he still had his fox ears, fox eyes, and now…he actually had 3 tails instead of 1. Takia rushed to his side, unsure of what would have happened and even more unsure of is she could finish the spell on him or change him back to a fox. She shook him in panic “Kenia! Kenia! Please wake up!” she beckoned. Eventually kenya did indeed awake, takia was filled with relief that he was alive. Kenya sat up before he realized what he now was He yelled out and then cut himself short as his yells weren’t yipes or whimpers, but actual human yells. “Kenia, Kenia shhh, please your going to cause a panic.” she quickly said as she tried to calm him down “What did you do to me!?” he asked very fast before one of his hands clamped around his mouth. Did he just speak in human tongue? Was this a dream? “I…I turned into…a half human fox…” she explained lowly “I asked you not to move…but…ooohhhh I shouldn’t have tried this.” she said, blaming herself for ruining who kenya was. “Takia…” he said slowly “Please…don’t be sad…” he finished “I’m…not…mad.” he said, kind of struggling to speak the sentences. Takia looked to him “R-Really…but…I made you a half breed human…” she said “No…I’m…not…mad. I’m…kind of….happy.” he said. Takia embraced him “I’m happy too.” she said, choking up slightly from tears of joy. Kenya felt something…it felt odd. It was an emotion he was unfamiliar with. He would slowly hug her too. “So…what…now?” he asked. Takia separated from him “Well…first I should probably get you some clothes…although…I don’t know how any will fit you with…you know…your tails…” she explained “Tails?” he said curiously as he looked and saw he hand three now “W-WHa!?!? H-How do I…have…3…tails!?” he said in a panic “I-I don’t know!” takia quickly replied “It must be a side effect of the incomplete transformation!” she said as she tried to rationalize it “Look…let’s try to get you some clothes first!” she said as she quickly got up and grabbed what she brought for him to wear. Kenya did notice how cold things actually were without his fur. He wondered where it went and why is was only on his head and tails. He decided to wrap his tails around him as takia tried to figure out how she would do this, resorting to just cutting a hole where the tails would be, so they could stick out. “Here.” she chimed as she handed it to him. “Put this on.” she said “H-How? I don’t know what that even is.” he said “Alright let me help.” she said before helping him put it on and getting his tails through the hole. “I wonder how the other villagers are gonna react to this…” she said as she lead him back. There indeed and uproar as everyone wondered where the half breed came from. Takia spent the whole day calming everyone down and fell right to sleep that night.

From that point on, takia had taught kenya all about human life and how humans acted and how to be polite and kind, also how to defend himself. She taught him magics of many kinds, ice magic, because that frozen land and ice magic, still made sense to her, taught him some illusion spells and finally, she noticed that when she changed him, she felt something tugging at her very being. Had the spell infused his soul with magic as well and was it interacting with hers? He learned that he was able to bolster other’s with his odd ‘soul power’ and could use it to heal others, and whenever magic was at work around kenya, he would somehow rejuvinate quicker than if not.

Life between the 2 was much closer ever since that day. Until one day, takia and kenya were going on a walk and they took a bad turn, they were surrounded by armed men in very magic resistant clothing. Despite their best efforts, takia and kenya were left bleeding to death. Takia used the last of her strength to drag herself over to kenya “Kenia…” she said very weakly “If…if you survive…promise me…promise me you will continue to study and advance your magic power…promise me you won’t change into a creature of vengeance…you will remain the kind hearted fox you always have been…I love you, kenia.” her very last action was a weak kiss she gave him and a warm, yet bloody, smile…then her head slowly lowered to the ground…and she was dead. Kenya passing out not too long after. A passing by group of travelers saw the gruesome scene and rushed to see if either were alive. Takia, obviously, was not, but kenya still had a feint heartbeat and was breathing very lightly. they picked them both up and rushed them off to the nearest city where they could heal kenya, and set up a burial arrangement for takia. Kenya woke up in a doctor’s bed, takia on a metal table next to him. Kenya tried to rush up, but was stopped was great soreness. He still got up, despite it and gently shook up on takia. “Takia…wake up…” he said lowly as tears began to well in his eyes and he began to choke up “Wake up…please…” he beckoned, but no response. One of the healers came along quietly “I’m sorry….” he said quietly “Why doesn’t she wake up!?” he quickly asked as he turned to the healer. He sighed “She’s….she’s dead.” kenya recoiled back harshly when he said it. He broke down rapidly, crying on takia’s bed, the healer placing a comforting his on his shoulder “We’re going to make sure she receives a proper burial.” he said softly “The payments and everything have already been taken care of, so you don’t have to worry about that.” he explained “Wh-Who paid?” he asked curiously “The group that brought you in. They didn’t see it right that you have to deal with some medical expenses after what you have been through.” the doctor explained “I suggest you get some rest…we’ll move her off to the morgue soon.” he said before leaving the room. Kenya gently rested his hand on her cheek “Takia….I swear I’ll keep the promise….I’ll be the best I can possibly be…just you wait and see.” he said, choking up. He kissed her forehead and sat back down in his bed before lying back down.

A couple of weeks went by before takia’s funeral. Kenya stood up front as the priestess gave takia’s last rites. The only ones in attendance were some people from the village that could make it, the group that found them, appropriate officials, and kenya. Takia’s body was lowered into the ground and then covered, and that was the end of it. The group slowly dispersed as time went on until only kenya was left, staring at the spot where she was buried. The priestess went to his side. “I understand this must be difficult for you…” she said softly “Yes…” he replied almost inaudibly “She was…the closest thing to family I had anymore…” he finished “I can’t understand how that must feel, but you can not mourn here forever. You must get back to your life at some point.” the priestess explained “I know…” kenya replied before he turned and left. The priestess had given prayer for him before she returned to her temple.

Kenya now wonders the land, looking for ways to advance his magical prowess, and searching for ways outside of his new homeland, back in the mainland, to help in his goal as well.

(Now it is finished.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back