• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

just chilling: sharing proses and short tales

ewolf20

the aspiring roleplayer
due to the shout-box being offline until team speak is implement. i wanted to discuss about reviews and critiques of prose and sharing what you did as well.

prose
I wasn’t the most intuitive or most assiduous kid out there. I never give my teachers a single glance while class began to start. You could say I was more of a daydreamer than learner. Our math teacher Mrs. Keefe handed our quiz papers back. The luckiest students silently exclaimed in excitement as they took a look at their always straight As. Trust me this happens every time we have a quiz or test taken. If they look like their screaming in joy internally, they must’ve gotten an A+ as a grade. With me...well, it's not as good as I hope it would be. Mrs. Keefe came up to my desk. She signed when she took a look at my quiz paper.

Placing the piece of paper on my desk, she gave her most cheerful smile to brighten up the mood of this otherwise dreadful situation." You’d tried your best sweetie." She said while she slide the paper towards me slowly. “Try to study harder next time, ok.” My grade as usual was a D-. (Note to self: lay off the video games for a while). Mrs. Keefe had done this little habit where she always urged me and any other low preforming students with a sugar coated comments and little tidbits of motivation. I hate it when she does that. It’s not like I have a mental condition or something. I’m very capable of thinking perfectly like any other kid here.

Aside from the obvious, my low performance at school would bite me in butt someday. Especially when that mistake pops up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"I just got a call from your school the other day." Said Uncle Dan while he focus on the road ahead.

"For what?" I asked. I knew the school caught on to what I'm doing. I cursed myself in my thoughts.

"It's about your grades, Travis. You're grades are below average on your assignments and you didn't return any of your homework that were due." Dan answered me." What's going on with you Travis? You use to be a smart kid. You could do better than this."

He looked at me expecting me give him the answer to this issue." It's nothing" I replied coldly.

"Nothing...It’s nothing? Travis, this path you’re walking on is ruining your future. If you keep this up, you might end up on the streets." He said. “Is this about your father again?"

When he mentioned dad, I glared at him." Dad isn't with us anymore!" I almost yelled at Uncle Dan." You can't replace him, Dan"

He tried to remain as calm as possible with me then looked at me with soothing eyes." Travy...I know I'm nothing like your father but I'm willing to help go through this. For once in your life, can't you try to be that same old kid again? That bright young boy who use to have such a vivid imagination. Where is he travy, where is he."

"I'm older now, Dan. That was the past. I was only a 6 year old back then. I didn't know any better....especially when he never came back to us." It was only yesterday when I saw my dad kissing mom on the cheek before he walked out of the front door. That memory I had was the last time I saw him. Mom had told me that daddy was going somewhere else for important business but for how long. I didn't know. Weeks had gone by, not a single indication of his whereabouts were mentioned. Mom eventually began to more concern until she came to the conclusion he might have died somehow. Uncle Dan, mom's brother, volunteered to be our male caretaker from there on. He tried his best of his abilities to raise me like his own flesh and blood as if I was truly his only son. But I never felt the same. Dan was nothing like my father. Dad had a unique and charismatic quirk to him that Dan could never possibly be able to imitate.

Just remembering it made it more stressful for the both of us.” I’m just saying, Travis…me and your mother want what’s best for you.” Dan continued to speak. He slightly increased the volume and tone of his voice but he remained under control.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back