• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Looming Circles] "Woke Up In A New Time?! Ancient Ruins?! I Can't Believe My Shrine Maiden's Tails Can Be This Cute!"

TheTimePiece

Roleplay Artist
Hello, welcome to the thread! Are you interested in open world fantasy RP and the anime isekai genre? This RP is part of the Isekai Hell community. If you want to learn more please feel feel free to check out our links!
---
For participants please link your character sheet in your first post.
---
In this RP Regula has agreed to come with Teuihua who is acting as a guide and bodyguard to go an explore some ruins of his past ancient civilization the Mictlantecuhtlian civilization which are now part of the Morbella Barony. While Teuihua wants to learn more about what happened to his civilization and see what is salvageable, the exploration group will encounter new allies and knowledge about spirit related magic in this adventure.
---

The journey for Regula and company had been relatively straight forward, getting from Caelia into the Morbella barony. The fact that Regula was a Baroness herself certainly did not hurt the operation any. Much of what would have been valuable that was easily accessible (Not protected or hidden well) over the years would have been picked over by grave robbers over the vast number of years which had gone by regardless. Teuihua on the other hand had probably driven some extra attention to them moving through, but since he had been written off as a bodyguard, while he was inherently somewhat suspect for being a construct, his role was understandable given the scope of the operation. One of the stipulations for allowing the Caelia Baroness access to the ruins was that the Baron of Morbella wanted a proper status report of the ruins and anything of interest from within the ruins should something arise, not many had been there in quite some time, and there were rumors of artifacts and items of value which remained.

Looming Circles
Chase_Area_Looming_Circles.jpg

Due to the ruins with the Looming Circles not exactly being part of a well visited portion of the Barony while there were likely paths to travel between Morbella and Lassiter, by land one had to go off path some to actually get to the Looming Circles. Regula and company had made it far enough where they could actually see the circles in the distance now, and they were quite a site to behold. The scale of them was very impressive given how long ago they were supposedly created. While magic had been an equalizer even so to create circlesg of that scale would have required either great power, or great coordination from many people working together in harmony. What wasn't as obvious from the Looming Circles in the distance was that beyond the shroud of nature was a collection of what was left of significant buildings , some in much better shape than others, one of said buildings being a shrine which had been obscured and protected by a strong magic from the common person's view, keeping it preserved over the many years. The use of strong obscuring magic was very likely. The whole area gave off a certain mysticism, which was difficult to pinpoint, but it was awing nevertheless.

Even for those who were dormant within the ruins, a slight strange sensation would take place which had not for many years, perhaps Teuihua's following words about fate held more prominence than he would have ever thought. This strange feeling would fluctuate and gradually grow stronger to those dormant as the outside investigation party grew close.

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM-1.png
Teuihua had actually been rather quiet as usual for the portions of the trip where he wasn't being spoken too directly, as he lumbered along. For the time being he stayed close to Regula like usual, looking around for any would be threats to the group, which thankfully had been clear yet again. Teuihua knew well enough that given the landscape of this realm that there were plenty of potential dangers in less inhabited spots like the one they were traveling in now. He was in thought in part about the stipulations about the trip, he wasn't sure how he felt about someone from this time prying into what the remains of his civilization had to offer. What if they found something powerful and the Baron wanted to have it removed from the site for their own personal gain in some form? Teuihua really wasn't sure how he felt about that, but he figured that bridge would be crossed when it needed to be. For now Teuihua wanted to focus on his primary task which was protecting the party, as well as investigating this area.

When the circles finally came into focus even if the distance, Teuihua paused momentarily as if in thought, before he said to seemingly no one in particular with a neutral tone in his voice, "While I have not actually been to this part of Mictlantecuhtlia before..I recognize the architecture, I have heard of it before, I believe these are the remains of Marutanemi. Those large circles you see are not just decorative, but some were believed to be communion catalysts to those beyond our realm such as the divine, or even way station points for souls to cross over."

"Culturally Marutanemi had a different makeup than the areas I am most familiar with, like this world now has regional differences, given the size of Mictlantecuhtlia at it's height, many groups were incorporated, infusing aspects of Miclantecuhtlian religion and culture into their own, Marutanemi is no exception. It was quite a beautiful sight to behold truly. I wonder if it's fate which brought us here to such a once prestigious, prominent religiously significant city."
Teuihua said with an almost sadder tone toward the end, like he missed the idea of it being at it's height.

"Thankfully there was a strict policy of enforcing the use of the Mictlantecuhtlian written language throughout regardless of any secondary languages practiced, so I should still be able to guide us through well enough." Teuihua continued reassuringly. As he ventured onward getting closer to the ruins. "And of course as if we enter more sensitive areas I should state now that extra caution should be adhered too, I will give forewarning if we enter any of these spaces; there is no guarantee that all traps have been cleared even after all of this time, in more sensitive areas where valuables are stored."

Mentions: Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal RavenSong RavenSong

Last edited by a moderator:
Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Alternate art generated and edited based on:
Silva - Granblue Fantasy Wiki
Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece |

All things considered, it was good to be out of the barony for a bit. Even though it was just a trip towards the next one over. It was still a change of pace and scenery. “I wonder if we'll find a way to respect the site, learn from it, yet still give Baron Morbella something to increase our relations with.” She uttered, to nobody in particular, except for the fact only Teuihua was there to hear it. Those were some tasks that had to be navigated carefully.

At least the journey thus far had been pleasant. She smiled, recalling some old days. “I travelled through this area before, once. With Aria, a human which calling herself 'Dark Witch' or Alex and another construct, an odd box-shaped one on threaded wheels, called Pierre Rothel. We were travelling all the way from the capital to Osun, the capital of the county, to bring the late lord Light a supply of weapons. Between all the rainy days outdoors, the thieves and the forest inducing nightmares, what stood out the most was this place. There's really something truly magnificent about such large structures looming in the distance, living up to their name.” She retold some of it, with a certain amount of fondness, despite its subject matter. She was excited to be back here again, finally exploring what she'd seen that day.

“Communion catalysts..?” She repeated, trying to wrap her head around the concept. She honestly couldn't. She'd never been all that religious and the only concept of 'soul' she had was through the knowledge of being reincarnated. “Do you know if this place also employed constructs such as yourself?” She was a tad bit worried about accidentally running into a fight with Teuihua's look-alikes. If he was mass-produced... she shivered at the thought of having to defeat an army of creatures looking just like a dear friend of hers.

As for his language, she chuckled. “Truthfully, I'd be interested to learn it, but I'm afraid I already struggle to pronounce Mick-te-lan-teck-youht-lee-an..?” She feared she'd gotten it wrong again. Blasted be her tongue. “Alright, I'll rely on your judgment.” She stated at the mention of traps. It was a bit ironic. She'd been convinced her dungeon delving was going to be null when she decided against joining the group back in Yemaya, yet here she was. Although... was this a dungeon? It was fairly above-ground and open? Hmmm. Either way, she'd figured she'd take Teuihua's lead. Although... “I wish I could lift you, flying over there would be a lot more direct.” She clicked her tongue. Wishing that she had a convenient way to transport her friend. If only she had some sort of alternate dimension she could toss things and people into, but alas, that would never fit.

Ringo
purple hair kitsune tails robes spiritual magic shrine smug smirk woman s-2024706212.jpg
Mentions: Uasal Uasal
Languages: Common | {Sylvan}
Ringo stirred in her semi conscious state as she began to wake up. Or... at least she imagined she did. Was that what it felt like to stir in a bed? She couldn't remember, but it seemed right. She opened her eyes, or some such approximation to becoming aware of your surroundings and looked around. Yep, it was still the the same. Same as it had been for the last... How long had it been? It must have been years. Ten? A hundred? A million? Surely not the world would've ended by then, right? What would happen to her if the world ended? Would she still be here? Maybe it had only been a few days. The shrine keeper did always call her melodramatic. She searched for Yuzuki until she found her. She was near the same spot she was yesterday... well before. "{I can feel a tingling again. There must be more travelers nearby. Do you think this time it will be different? Maybe they've come to pray and we can tend to the shrine again. Wouldn't that be nice? Maybe they'll have offerings of food and we can eat again! I miss the offerings... D-do you think they'll put wreathes of flowers on our statues again...? Like they used to during the festivals... DAMNIT! I'm so tired of being here! In this... this... NOTHING! I want to work again! I want to celebrate again! I want to be lo- worshipped again! I hate this...}" She 'sat' next to her sister and 'stared' at nothing. At least when she was near Yuzuki it felt nicer. Warmer, somehow.

Last edited:
1687783076045.png
Yuzuki

In the eternal abyss of this desolate dimension, Yuzuki exists in a state of perpetual entrapment alongside her twin sister, Ringo. For countless centuries, the two have wandered aimlessly through the vast darkness, their only company being each other. Time has lost its meaning and Yuzuki's heart has become heavy with a profound mixture of emotions that encompass her being.

Boredom, like a relentless companion, clings to her spirit, weighing it down with an oppressive monotony. The absence of external stimuli, the lack of variety or change, has slowly eroded the vibrant hues of life within her. The days blend into nights, and the nights into days, with no discernible difference or purpose. In this perpetual cycle, she yearns for something more, something beyond the confines of their existence.

Alongside the ennui, a sense of longing lingers within Yuzuki's soul. The memories of a world they once knew, filled with sunlight, laughter, and the touch of gentle breezes, taunt her. She craves the vibrancy of life outside these impenetrable walls, desiring to bathe in the warmth of the sun's rays and feel the embrace of nature once again.

Yet, amid the desolation, there exists an unyielding bond between Yuzuki and Ringo. Their shared suffering has forged an unbreakable connection, a tether to sanity in this abyss. In the darkness, their voices intertwine, offering solace and a fragile glimmer of hope. Their shared purpose, to one day escape this dreary void, drives them forward, even as the weight of boredom and isolation threatens to consume them.

With each passing moment, Yuzuki remains trapped, yearning for freedom, haunted by the tantalizing memories of a world she can no longer touch. As her emotions swirl within the depths of her being, she clings to the enduring hope that one day, somehow, their wandering will lead them to an escape, and they will emerge from the shadows into a world bursting with life once more.​

Yuzuki had been sitting cross legged in a meditative state for... how long had it been now? Regardless, her focus was only broken when her sister moved to sit aside her and once again spoke of a 'tingling'. She felt it too. 'People' were drawing near. That said, this wasn't the first time, not by a long shot. Opening her eyes, Yuzuki would maintain her mediative posture but would offer a side glace toward Ringo.

Though Yuzuki was no longer tending to the shrine, she still made sure to meditate and pray. Perhaps it was habit, perhaps it was desperation, mayhaps even some sort of grounding method. Whatever it was, Yuzuki was not typically a fan of being interrupted while doing so. That said, she always had time for her sister. It was just an unfortunate shame she had to bring up the outside world again.

"Flowers..." Being reminded of the outside world while trying. Truly. Yuzuki had just managed to clear her mind and yet here she was again, thinking of the world that left her behind. Left Ringo behind. Sighing softly, Yuzuki would wrap an arm around Ringo's shoulder and oftter her a soft yet sullen smile. "That would be nice, wouldn't it. I wonder how long it's been since I was last offered a flower... let alone a wreath." Lifting her arm then from Ringo's shoulder, Yuzuki would move to pat at her her sister's head instead "I suppose I really took them for granted. If we do ever get out of here... I'll live my life just as I see fit. Shrine be damned."

Looking forward into the darkness Yuzuki's smile brightened for a moment "I'll stop to smell the flowers, read all the books I want. Talk to anyone I please and eat all the food I want. Actually, I'll just do whatever I want, fullstop."

Chuckling to herself Yuzuki paused for a moment "How irresponsible of me. If the Shrine Maidens were to hear me speak like that... Well, I'd probably end up here for a month haha! Perhaps I'm finally losing my sanity dear sister..."

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

As the pair continued to move along the less well taken care of path with more vegetation around them, the looming circles in the distance gradually became closer and closer. Thankfully for now they seemed relatively undisturbed, the sound of nature, the wind, it was all actually rather pleasant, it was almost like going on a nice walk somewhere mystical. It was reminiscent of other walks which they had taken before on the paths in the Barony in that sense..Even so as they walked Teuihua would answer to some of the Baroness's questions and observations which were rather valid all things considered with where they were heading.

Teuihua
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 12.22.30 AM-1-1.png

Her general statement made Teuihua not feel too much easier about the concerns on his mind. He was sure if they found something valuable this Baron Morbella would want to get their hands on it, surely that was pretty typical, granted Regula had shown Teuihua that not all of those who were in positions of privilege and authority were like that, even if it would have been pretty common in Teuihua's time for someone in power to just see something they like and if they have the authority cease it for themselves even in someone else's home.

Teuihua was pleased to see how Regula seemed to be receiving the area positively enough. Hearing the good memories she had about the looming circles was nice. Teuihua was intrigued by the sound of another construct who used wheels to get around. He couldn't say that he'd quite heard anything quite like that before, the name was rather foreign too 'Pierre'. What didn't quite so positive was when Regula described the various dangers it sounded like the group had to face from robbers, forest beings, and weather, and yet she was still struck by the circles.Teuihua could understand why they really were beautiful in their own way, a testament to the power of the living in this world and what they wanted to forge, and create something out of seemingly nothing had to be inspiring.

When Teuihua heard her repeat communion catalyst he felt inclined to try to clarify some. "Well yes, I should however say that with the caveat that I am telling you this based on what I've heard from second hand information..they may not all be used for that purpose but I have certainly heard that some of them most definitely are, if we get close enough to any of them and there are inscriptions left that should help solve some of the mystery." Teuihua's voice taking another rather positive intonation at that.

As he lumbered along vigilant as ever, he answered the next question which Regula had. "I will admit it would be highly unlikely if they were exactly like me, as for this region, I am uncertain how many would remain in tact to be operational, but i Suppose that I never went much into detail but with how resource intensive creating constructs was from a magic and material perspective, and only those who were highly skilled enough and high enough in class being able to properly create them through the proper rituals....the constructs of my time..are like the difference between the sweets that Saffron let me try."
Teuihua rotated his head to face Regula once more.

"Some constructs of your time are mass produced and identical in design I've noticed, much like what Saffron gave to me at first to try with what she made..but then she let me taste handcrafted ones made from the elder matriarch of her family it sounded like..which tasted especially delicious and the most effort had gone into them..constructs of my home are more like that, of course I shalln't say that there weren't many of us, and yes some of us had similar characteristics in build depending on our roles..like all the constructs I worked with on border defense were mostly larger and stocky much like myself..but even then we are all unique, created in the way our creators thought best."

Teuihua said trying his best to explain with his more modern experience.

"So while it's possible we may encounter other inactive constructs much like myself, it's unlikely in my opinion there will be many of them nor are they guaranteed to be anything like me other than certain Mictlantecuhtlian identifiers."

Teuihua was a bit intrigued by Regula's next comment about his language.

"Mictlantecuhtlian? That wasn't bad by any means for someone whose never spoken and has only seldom heard such an old language..I'd be more than happy to teach you what I know if you'd like sometime. I am unaware of how many more from my time and place survive, but i would be quite sad if the language died out, it is quite beautiful in my opinion." Teuihua confided.

"Ah..yes I suppose that is a downside of not being made as a socialite's companion construct, I am..quite heavy, thankfully it shouldn't be too much longer." Teuihua said a bit more cheerily toward the end part.
---
After some more time of making their way over to the ruins the pair eventually reached the first close up look of what was visible at first, it was a foresty area with some sort of gate which looked much different than other areas that Teuihua or Regula had seen as far as the ruins went. It's aesthetic sort of had some similarities to the beast lands, but it was decidedly different with the text and materials used, while the gate looked like it was made of wood, it was actually made of stone. In addition there were smaller strange structures which sort of almost looked like miniature traditional wooden houses. Perhaps they had been spared due to not having anything much of value at a glance but they were still in quite good shape regardless for how old they were. Beyond that the gate had some stone steps which went up an incline of sorts. Inscribed on top of the gate was Teuihua's language in it' symbolic written form.

Entrance Area
HD-wallpaper-temple-gate-forest-gate-art-torii-japanese-japan-shrine-temple-orginal.jpg
"It would appear we are going the correct way, I think if we follow the main path it'll take us to the area that was once more populated." Teuihua said, as he lumbered his way toward the gate, taking notice of the small structures, the environment was mysterious but also inviting in a way. He didn't seem to be particularly worried about any traps here, even as he continued to look around as if to make sure that there weren't any hostiles or dangers hidden around them.
Elvario Elvario
---

By the time Teuihua crossed the threshold, and presumably Regula did, the twins would only have that feeling grow stronger, and this time a strange sort of collection of lights would appear in the dormant void like realm they were in, it was likely a spectacle to behold with them not having much of anything to look at except one another for so long. Accompanied with the streaks of fading in and out lights was a voice which sounded androgynous and ethereal, it wasn't speaking in Sylvan nor was it speaking in the Miclantecuhtlian tongue.

The voice practically demanded attention in the space, seemingly booming without talking loudly just as Yuzuki had finished her response.

"As we all eventually pass on to the next place, after waiting so long, you both should rejoice, for your devotion has not gone unnoticed and now goes answered. The prophecy has begun, and soon the the time of liberation shall come, and once again the devoted shall come to this land once more."

The voice didn't really have a form attached to it beyond the lights, but could it possibly be communion from the one who hadn't seemed to have shown themselves in so many years? There were many unknowns in this situation, but regardless it was certainly a great deal more exciting than most anything that happened over the span of the many years. The message was perhaps cryptic but hope was instilled behind it, even with such little information provided about the outside world or what this prophecy was exactly that much was certain, something big was happening on the outside.

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Uasal Uasal

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

“Ah, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm not even sure what a communion catalyst is to begin with.” She quickly interrupted Teuihua, who started to explain things a few steps away from the base understanding she was already lacking. “I know catalysts help cast magic, of course, but what separates a 'communion' one from a regular one?” She highly doubted it was just due to 'communion' ones being passed around more often, but had no clue what else could warranted such a name.

She was a bit surprised when learning about construct diversity. “I'll be honest, that's really surprising to hear. Most people would try to optimise a single process and mass-produce something, rather than invest a lot of effort anew each time. It sounds like construct-crafting was something people really cared about, so it's starting to make sense how someone such as yourself would still be operational so far into the future.” Truthfully, people could probably learn some things from this past civilisation.

A bit of silence followed, when she got offered to be taught the language. Then, she made up her mind. “You know what, I'm up for a challenge. I'll try learn some of it.” Ancient languages weren't really her thing, but having a friend speak one made them 'modern' enough to be down to try it.

Another surprise followed, at the mention of 'socialite companion construct' just then. “I didn't know those existed. What were those like, then?” She asked, a bit curious to figure out in how many ways this civilisation incorporated constructs into their daily lives.

“I wasn't expecting an aesthetic that resembles that of Kuridan.” She stated in surprise, having the [Culture B] needed to immediately recognise the similarities. Something about her [Etiquette B] made her wonder for a second, but she didn't have the religious knowledge to know for sure. “Aren't there usually some form of traditions someone is expected to perform at points like these? It might be rather 'late' so to say, but if possible, I'd like to respect them rather than just barging on through.” She stated, observing the buildings for a bit more, hoping Teuihua could tell her more.

Ringo
purple hair kitsune tails robes spiritual magic shrine smug smirk woman s-2024706212.jpg
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: +Miclantecuhtlian+ | {Sylvan}​

Ringo stared incredulously at her sister, but before she could raise a protest, the booming voice echoed through the space. "{Y-Yuzuki?! What's happening?}" The tingling suddenly grew stronger, stronger than it had ever been. What had started out as wishful thinking, took hold in Ringo's heart. "{Sister! I-I think something might actually happen this time! I can feel their presence stronger! You do too, don't you? Listen! I can hear them!}" Barely above a whisper she could make out the sound of Regula's voice. “Aren't there usually some form of traditions someone is expected to perform at points like these? It might be rather 'late' so to say, but if possible, I'd like to respect them rather than just barging on through.” This person was going to visit their shrine. She began to panic, rotating so she was now floating cross legged upside down. "{It must look a wreck after so many years, and I don't have time to prepare it! Do you think we'll actually be able to see the shrine again? I haven't made any charms to set out, are there any left over from before? No that would have been ages ago. Sister, we're going to have a visitor!}" Another thought lingered in the back of her mind, but she was to excited to dwell on it. Why now? Why after all this time of no one visiting? Why this person?

~Yuzuki~

1688134620674.pngYuzuki's petting came to an abrupt halt when a sudden voice echoed through the empty void they had come to call home. It was familiar and yet like a distant memory, Yuzuki couldn't quite place it properly. Though one thing was certain, this voice was not to be trifled with. It demanded attention and respect. Honestly, it was quite frightening almost as much as it was exciting. How strange.

With her sister now floating upside down and very clearly excited at the promise of their release, Yuzuki's had was left outstretched, hovering near where Ringo's head had previously been. Snapping back to reality, Yuzuki would retract her hand and fold it, along with her other arm, upon her lap. Her heart was ablaze with a mix of anxiety and excitement. She was almost giddy at the prospect of their release. The approach of those outsiders growing ever more obvious as time passed. Though, Unlike her sister, Yuzuki's face revealed very little of this.

Looking up to her sister, Yuzuki offered her a smile and a soft chuckle "I sense multiple spirits approaching. Three? Maybe more? I fear we may be welcoming a pilgrimage my dear sister" Moving a hand to cover her own mouth, Yuzuki quietly chuckled to herself before quietly poking fun at her clearly excited sister. Eyes filled with devilish intent and grin hidden from view Yuzuki would speak quietly but just loud enough for her sister to hear "Imagine, a whole congregation. After traveling from who knows where to come pay homage. Refused the gift of a charm... Tsk tsk. How shameful".

Teuihua
"Ah, I see, you can think of a communication catalyst as an instrument of sorts to interact with through magic to communicate with things which are typically beyond this plain, such as the divine or ethereal beings being the more common sort of targets of communication to my understanding from what I've heard." The Mictlan pantheon was quite robust and as a result there were a many ways to communicate with those sorts of beings it would appear.

Teuihua then clarified, "However as I mentioned, I am unaware how many of them are used for this purpose, others may have other purposes which I am not aware of." He figured was worth mentioning again.

"In comparison a regular catalyst of that size I suppose might be used communally by many magic users to make something grand happen, not that I can say that I've personally witnessed anything like that."

Teuihua was pleasantly surprised that Regula seemed to think that his civilization's practice of making fewer but higher quality and more specific constructs was a potentially good thing. She could have taken it a number of ways he figured, so this was nice for the construct to hear.

"I think perhaps it teaches that more limitations can lead to creativity, there is much new technology in this time that I would have never dreamed of. Of course I do not mean to say that there are not people who care about constructing quality constructs now..just that the sensibility is different. It would be very presumptuous for me to assume that I'm inherently superior than another one of my kind just based on the method of production." Teuihua felt like he should clarify too even though he wasn't exactly talking to another construct in that moment, he still felt compelled.

"Very well then I can try to teach you what I know when you have some time, it'll make exploring these sorts of ruins easier at the very least if anything, as well as offer a less common communication method which could be helpful at some point." Teuihua shared his assessment, doubting that many would be able to decipher it. He said all of this with a positive intonation.

He figured he'd share what he knew with Regula about those sort of constructs too then since she asked. "Hm..well I suppose those sorts of constructs looked more similar to yourself in presentation, smaller, more humanoid than myself. They'd frequently try to make them look very aesthetically appealing..they were most common among the those of wealthier backgrounds and prestigious bloodlines as companions of sorts, they made great conversationists. Sometimes they'd double as bodyguards even though it wasn't their primary function. Many had precious materials used in their bodies, as a sign of status of the owner. Rather beautiful constructs If I do say so myself." Teuihua shared.

as Teuihua was moving on, what was even more pleasantly surprising was to hear Regula ask about any of the customs. "I am not as well informed about the specifics of what you are commenting on, but there were various areas which were integrated which were sometimes mixed more racially than others..I believe this area had a beast influence, perhaps the ancestors from some of those from Kuridan."

Teuihua paused for a moment before he passed the gate and was in thought.

"Hm, It's very kind of you to care about such formalities even after all the years and there hardly being any around to comment one way or another..but yes, those small shrines there sort of like houses for the spirits of nature in the wooded areas around the buildings. if you want to do this properly we should first bow and thank them for a safe passage through the woods before proceeding..It is perfectly adequate to thank them mentally or verbally if you wish. Additionally sometimes offerings would be left out at these sorts of sites such as food, water, or flowers."

Teuihua then became silent and walked his way over to the small house like shrines and turned and gave a bow, at first nothing too out of the ordinary looked like it was happening, if Regula followed suit in copying Teuihua however, suddenly a rather mesmerizing sparkling orange whitish line of some sort of energy which was visible to Regula and Teuhiua would appear and go up the stairs past the gate.

After Teuihua finished his bow he turned his head up and saw the lines of energy with a surprise!

"That...you can see that right? I've heard of that, it's a very good sign it means something is trying to guide us, it is of my opinion we should follow it."

If Regula was agreeable to Teuihua's advice Teuihua would keep pace with her up the stairs until eventually the duo would reach a new area.
---
After walking past the forested area on either side of the stairs with the railing reminiscent of Kuridan there was another area which had some similarities even if some of the buildings looked warn out and it looked like they hadn't had much attention for years. The glowing orange line would lead them all the way to the center of the court yard like area beyond the additional gates and towards the large central more ornate looking building. Teuihua would make his way toward the entrance of the ornate central building and turn to look at Regula, as he looked at the door to it, next to the shrine was some sort of somewhat large black metal cylindrical stele, about two standard refrigerators tall which had some Mictlantechulian script seemingly engraved into the surface which was glowing a faint orange.

"This..writing is telling of a legend of old, to save you the intricate details it's about a mortal who found favor of the divine. What's more interesting to me beyond the legend is how it states that only ones who are of earnest intent and whose are blue blooded are worthy to enter into the Shrine of Passage at this time."
That pretty well excluded Teuihua from those who the inscription were referring to he didn't have any bloodline to speak of. As Ringo had spoken the exterior of the Shrine had seen better days, the roof was far from perfect condition looking worn, as was swaths of the exterior which could use a cleaning and repairs here and there.

The Shrine of Passage
HD-wallpaper-temple-gate-japan-japanese-cg-game.jpg

Elvario Elvario
---

At this point any additional talking which Teuihua and Regula made, Ringo and Yuzuki could hear much more clearly now as the duo was quite literally at the front door of the shrine, even if they were in another realm completely right now. As Teuihua read the Stele, and paused waiting to see what Regula thought of it all. The new found excitement in the realm must have been immense, it had been many years since anyone had been so close

While this was transpiring, the light show would eventually cease in the realm the pair were waiting dormant in. They just need the conditions to be met for this grand historic pilgrimage which was unfolding unknown to Regula and Teuihua, before the multi twined tails would be free, as finally they and the divine one of passage would have visitors once again to pay proper tribute to the shrine and reinvigorate what had once been lost to time, for the prestige and influence of Regula was just what was needed to make the revitalization of this sacred place plausible once again.

Despite the lights having disappeared the familiar voice to the pair spoke once more, "Liberation is now near. The opportunity has come like no other to restore what has been lost to time, and this opportunity has been entrusted to you two to make the most of it. You two will hear from me again in the future, if all goes well. Just as you have had faith I have faith in you to do what you must." After this follow up dialogue of sorts the powerful androgynous voice's presence seemed to fade considerably but it was not all lost, a slight lingering sensation which was still stronger than it had been in years now constant to the pair for the time being which sent forth a feeling of relief and clarity of purpose that they had finally been heard.

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Uasal Uasal

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Languages: Common | <Beastial> | {Sylvan}

It sounded like a communication catalyst was similar to a magical dimension-breaking carrier pigeon. That's at least what she ended up believing after Teuihua's explanation. “That sounds rather intriguing. To directly communicate with the divine... Come to think of it, I think I'm still allowed to request an audience with those that represent the See Pantheon. Do you think their gods and the ones worshipped here would be on neutral or good terms?” She was a tad bit worried she'd get caught between deities, with the [See Commission] asset she'd earned along with her See Inquisitor title being a main reason for it. Sadly enough, it didn't seem like Teuihua was too knowledge-able on such facts.

She took in the talk about constructs, nodding her head a few times for Teuihua to continue. Still, some parts made her think. “To actually build a construct... Truth be told, I never even thought to do so, let alone for mere aesthetics and as a sign of wealth.” However, she couldn't help catch up to the fact he called them beautiful. “Oh my, it sounds like we might be able to find you a date then, should we run into one of those~” She teased the construct. She had no clue how constructs worked or operated in the 'romance' area, but this was the closest she'd heard Teuihua act like someone with romantic interests.

At the mention of the formalities, she perked up again. “That sounds easy enough.” She spoke, heading for the shrines and making a small bow. Considering this was apparently of Kuridan origins, she figured thanking them in Beastial was the most fitting. <“Thank you for allowing us safe passage.”> She'd state. As for offerings. “Oh, I think I've got something that would work.” She said, opening up her [Pocket Dimension] and rummaging around until she took out some apples. “Gwenith dropped them by earlier. She said the different apple trees she's planted finally started bearing fruit and she's now testing which ones are doing the best in the Barony. These apples are currently from the most promising tree type.” She said, as she placed an apple in each of the shrines. Big and juicy ones.

To her surprise, an odd sparkling orange whitish line arose. “Eh... is this normal?” She'd ask, a fair bit surprised. Operantly it wasn't, as even Teuihua was surprised. Wait. The big guy was surprised? She hadn't seen that often. This was getting more exciting by the second. “Alright!” She'd reply. Now she was eager to learn who or what was guiding them.

Eager as she was, however, she did take it a bit slower. This area had an unnatural charm to it. The stairs heading up, the weird gates, the forest areas to the side. She could appreciate a place like this for its serenity, even though the latter might be due to neglect more than it was by design. She was surprised when they went straight for the most important looking place at the centre of it all. Whatever was guiding them there was probably controlled by something or someone in charge.

She waited patiently as Teuihua translated some Mictlantechulian. A mortal who found favour of the divine? Wait, what was that second part? Blue blooded. She'd been a princess and a queen in the past life. She was convinced she the bastard of Ryke's royalty in this one. Even though she had yet to figure out the even more peculiar reality that queen was her dad. In practice, of course, she was a mere baroness right now. She wondered if that'd be enough. “I wonder if my ancestry is enough to be accepted by the Shrine of Passage. Whilst I am a mere bastard-child, I'm still descended from Ryke's royalty.” Come to think of it, had she ever even told Teuihua about that..? Probably not.

Ah well... Now he knew.

Perhaps she was getting a bit ahead of things, but well, she'd paid some proper respects at the shrines below and she'd been guided here, so... Surely this meant she could go ahead and 'try' whatever this shrine did to filter out those worthy or not. Well, only one way to find out. With a nod towards Teuihua, she headed on through (or would at least try to do so).

Ringo
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal TheTimePiece TheTimePiece
Languages: +Mictlantechulian+ | {Sylvan}​

Ringo excitement grew at her sister's teasing, her tails swishing out in every direction as she giggled in anticipation. But she suddenly covered her mouth with her hands at the mention of the charms. "{D-do you think they'll be disappointed? It's been... well, a long time, maybe they don't know about the charms?}" She thought it over nervously before her grin returned at the sound of the voices even louder. "{I think they are here sister! Hey! We are here! Please notice us!}" She 'ran' about trying to find the point of origin for the voices. "{Where are you? Can you hear me!? We're still here!}" She paused and her tails drooped as she began to lose hope, when suddenly an apple appeared in front of her. She stared at it, licking her fangs greedily at it's sight. "{S-sister! Do you see that? They have left an offering! I-I'm taking it!}" She reached her hand forward grasping the apple and suddenly there was a bright flash of light.

~Yuzuki~

1688863556068.png
At this point, the ominous voice was getting to be a bit concerning. Though Yuzuki had no idea if it was or wasn't the god of the afterlife speaking to them, she felt a bit awkward nonetheless. Hadn't she just proclaimed she'd leave behind her duties and live a life of freedom were she given the chance to leave this void of a hellscape behind? Now this voice was talking about how faithful she and her sister had been over the centuries. Yikes, talk about not reading the room. Looking at her sister and the sudden appearance of the fruit, Yukino couldn't help but chuckle. "Have you forgotten our role here dear sister? We are guardians of this shrine. Is it not our job to test and ensure those who try to enter our decrepit... I mean lovely shrine... are worthy of such an honor?".

Just then as Ringo took the apple a bright flash of light filled the dark void the two called home. Then with a few blinks, the light faded and to Yuzuki's shock and amazement, she stood once again in the courtyard of the shrine. A shrine that was certainly far worse off than she had imagined.

Turning to see a woman approaching in the distance, Yuzuki's ears twitched and her tails spread wide. Folding her arms under her chest Yuzuki straightened her posture and in a commanding tone spoke aloud to the approaching woman "Halt stranger. You approach the Shrine of Passage. I stand before you, Yuzuki, herald of the damned and one of the two guardians of this shrine. You will be judged before entry is permitted." Speaking in Mictlantechulian, Regual would likely have no idea what Yuzuki was saying, but her tone and stance certainly made it clear she was demanding something of the woman. Luckily she had a translator within earshot.

This was exciting! Not to sound like an old lady but this was really taking Yuzuki back. How fun!

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece Elvario Elvario StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

For a second, she almost fell for it. Then her [Focus B] kicked in. She'd seen enough magic to know what this was. She'd not fall for it. She was too [Prideful] to be tricked by a mere illusion, no matter how majestic, appealing, seductive and grandiose it was. No matter how much she had to keep her mouth shut to avoid drooling and no matter how much she'd be forced to stare into the intermediate distance to avoid having her eyes glued to them like one of Redhook's missiles had been glued to their target when they were trying to home in on her.

She heard the words that were spoken, but she didn't understand them at all... then again. She did recognise it a little. Wasn't this the same language that Teuihua had spoken a bit? Possibly. Either way, she didn't have the mental fortitude to dispel this magic. Oddly enough, even [Mind Shield B] didn't seem to make this illusion fade, so she'd need to rely on Teuihua. “Teuihua, I think this shrine's magic is trying to get to me. Even with the best of my focus and with attempts to shield my mind, I can't seem to ward it off.” She spoke up in Common. “A fair while ago, there was a forest with magic in it that showed us our worst fears. I think this shrine is doing the opposite, for some reason, trying to show me some of my innermost desires. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's testing me, but I cannot seem to look through his magic or illusion.” As she spoke, she was rather [Earnest] in her inability to 'see through this illusion' as she'd called it. It was clear she was a bit worried and in full denial.

[Prideful] - Character has shown an awareness of self that would put them above other people and circumstances for better or for worse. Pride cometh before a fall, but it is only the prideful that strive for more, believing themselves worthy and capable. If their belief in self is true, who better to achieve the most?
[Earnest] - This character has shown a willingness and drive to work hard for others.

Teuihua
"I suppose it would depend on the deity would it not? At least when I was from that was my understanding. They all have their own personalities..likes dislikes, not unlike you or myself, unfortunately I do not possess too much knowledge on those sorts of relationships, I was not one who was in those sorts of communions given my role in the Mictlantecuhtlian military, but I just have a hunch that some would get along better than others..." Which was probably true given the fae and Mictlantecuhtlian perspective on various things, even if Teuihua wasn't super convinced.

Teuihua wasn't quite expecting her comment, but let out sound which was similar to a chuckle, when she mentioned him finding a date. "I find it hard to believe that any of them would be interested in a construct like myself in that sort of capacity, if there are any left. After all there are so many appealing prospects which would have a higher priority. But perhaps under the right circumstances..." Perhaps Teuihua was being humble.

"Just the same the thought isn't bad, I have no doubt that you'd be capable of creating something grand if you put your mind into it, you are very skilled and kind you would most certainly treat your creation well." Teuihua affirmed.

Teuihua was curious about the apple business but it wasn't long after Regula mentioned them that he had gotten surprised and even excited himself and was off with Regula to the shrine of passage.
----

Ringo much like Yuzuki would find herself not too far away, but farther back than Yuzuki, in the courtyard of the shrine of passage after accepting and interacting with the offerings after the bright flash of light on their end of things. Indeed the shrine would need repairs and tidying up. Whether or not the voice they had heard was being deliberately ignorant to the sentiment that had been shared about wanting to be freed was anyone's guess, but perhaps it had been impressed by how long they had waited regardless. Ringo would be able to make herself visible to Regula and Teuihua at any time she wished from this point onward.

---
Teuihua was visibly surprised to see Yuzuki appear, and he could actually hear her speak his language! What a great sight, hearing someone else speak the beautiful ancient language which for all Teuihua knew had been lost to time except for him, since there was no real way of being able to tell how many speakers were left realistically. He gave Yuzuki a respectful bow, before following up with a friendly wave with his more dexterous hand.

Teuihua looked to Regula surprised to hear her say that to an extent as it was clear as day to him that this was a genuine Shrine guardian in their presence, and given the appearance it felt like he was right about the area they had come too.

He decided it would be best if he told her what was going on and that this was not an illusion. So he replied in common to her. "Regula, to my knowledge, while there is plenty of magic here...there is no illusion. She is speaking the language of my people. What you are seeing before you is one the guardians of this Shrine, the Shrine of Passage and she is the herald of the damned, and it would be best you pay her respect." He continued.

"Her name is Yuzuki, and she is telling me that you need to prove yourself through judgment before you will be permitted full entry to the shrine." He translated.

"This is in line with what the stele says, in general going into more sensitive religious areas, there are some of the possible entry criteria I mentioned before such as being of royal blood, pure intentioned, or one may be especially pious if neither of the other two apply..of course it varies from religious site to site many actually do have areas which are open to the general public, but these are three common means of being permitted entry to any of the more..sensitive areas, and to ensure that anyone who is entering into more important areas at least has one of those which applies to them..I believe that this is one of those sites." Teuihua tried to explain to the best of his ability.

"The way she will judge you I am unsure, but I can translate as needed."

Teuihua then turned to Yuzuki and said in Mictlantecuhtlian, "It brings me joy to hear you speak, Shrine maiden Yuzuki." He said with a respectful tone.

"Many years have passed by, as you are probably aware..and I fear that much has gone in disarray in that time, I do not know how much you are aware of, but the world has changed, the cities of our expanse no longer flourish, so she does not speak the language yet..but I can translate to you as well. I believe that great things are possible with this one, and I do believe that she is worthy." He essentially vouched for Regula with his opinion.
---
Indeed, it was time for the judgment trial of Regula to start, based on the fact that she had not been outright rejected by the barrier that was a good sign, which meant that she was a genuine candidate to gain further access. Only time would tell if Regula could prove that she was worthy to the guardians, to enter the inner space. The stele continued to glow and the shrine itself started to look a bit more animated, much more than it had in years, some sort of inherently magical spark returning to the space which started to give it a feeling of a sense of life and purpose once again.

Elvario Elvario Uasal Uasal StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Yuzki Uasal Uasal | Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

Well, the potential for religious bickering wasn't too enticing. She hoped she didn't end up at conflict there, but figured she'd press on regardless. It'd likely sort itself out somehow.

The next things he spoke off, however, she couldn't let go without reply. “Oh, don't discount yourself like that. I've got no clue what types of things appeal to your kind, but you're big and handsome in my book, add loyal to it, and I'm sure you'd have those right circumstances in no-time~” Then again, the idea of making a construct was... peculiar. “Truth be told, it sounds almost like having a child, yet... building one. I'm not entirely sure how comfortable I'd be with that idea, but... it does sound interesting.” She wondered to what degree she'd just be toying with 'life' if she were to go down such a route.

….

Truthfully, she'd been convinced she'd been starting at an illusion, so when Teuhiua denied as much, she blinked a few times. Was he trying to fool her as well? Was this some Mictlantecuhtlian hazing? She took a deep breath. [Focus B] Think about smithing and flying. Relaxing things. Yes. She could do this.

“Prove myself how..?” She asked, desperately trying not to let her eyes wander towards THE FLUFF and instead trying to deadlock her gaze into the intermediate distance for now. Well then, it seemed like even Teuihua didn't know for sure, as his explanation only confirmed this wasn't too strange, but didn't give more context to it. “Alright, please tell her that I'm ready to face whatever she wants me too.” She spoke, realising it was probably easier to face a challenge than to keep staring at the fluff without trying to drool. Truthfully, she doubted there was a more difficult challenge she could be faced with right now. Seriously, how was that not an illusion?

Either way, she stood by as she listened to the language unknown to her. “<I'm assuming you don't happen to know Beastial?>” She'd ask, figuring that since this place was Kuridan-inspired, there was a fair enough shot at it. Terran was unlikely, as they didn't even seem to know common. “{Or maybe Sylvan... We're fairly close to the See, after all?}” She asked aloud. Common and Terran were unlikely, Beastial was likely, Analog was unlikely, Regula herself didn't speak the monster language nor this ancient one, so... the only other candidate was Sylvan. Truthfully, she wouldn't mind Teuihua translating either, but it felt a little less direct and clear that way.

Besides... pondering about languages was a welcome distraction from the fluff. She really, really needed to keep that [Mind Shield B] up to avoid making herself look like an incompetent fool that got distract by something like a tail. Even if there were like... nine of them. And even if they all had a lovely pink shade. And even if they all were looking amazingly fluffy and soft. And even if they were all spread out in the most glorious sight ever. … Wait. Yikes. She was failing already. Focus, come on, focus. Perhaps think about other things. Like, these gates were really red and the sky was really blue. Sort-off. This wasn't working, was it? Nope. She needed to go all or nothing. “Yes, let's just say I'd be honoured to take on whatever challenge she wishes to throw at me.” She concluded again. Surely, nothing could be more difficult that the challenge she was already facing.

Ringo
Languages: {Sylvan} | +Mictlantechulian+​

As the light faded, Ringo found herself in the center of the shrine courtyard. At first she was confused, unsure of where she was, but as it slowly dawned n her that this was what remained of her shrine, she dropped to her knees in total defeat. She had expected it would be bad, but not a complete ruin. Even if she swept and cleaned for a thousand years, she couldn't rebuild the decrepit structures. She sobbed as she stared at it all, before taking a deep breath and steeling herself. It didn't matter. This was her shrine. It just looked like this now. She would make it the most beautiful and welcoming ruin on the plane.

Suddenly Yuzuki's voice broke her focus. She ran to her sister, who seemed to be speaking to the visitors, breaking the enchantment keeping her hidden. "+Sister, c-can we maybe judge them lightly? We need spiritual energy to fix this place up and it's been so long since we have had visitors...+" The woman suddenly spoke to Yuzuki in the language that the beastfolk would use from time to time. Ringo wasn't able to speak or understand it, but it was a comfort to hear. But when she spoke in Sylvan, Ringo's eyes lit up excitedly. "{Oh, yes! We can speak Sylvan!}" She ran toward the woman and struggled to hold herself properly in front of her. She gave a small bow and smiled holding up the apple. "{Thank you for the offering and welcome to our shrine. I-I do not have a charm to bestow upon you, I am afraid. I'm sorry if this disappoints you, but please enjoy your visit none the less.}" She took a bite of the apple to show she was pleased with it, but doing so was a mistake. It had been lifetimes since she had had one. It was the best thing she had ever tasted. She lost her composure and her tails begin to wag and flow behind her. She sat on the step and finished the apple greedily, tears welling up as she was overwhelmed with everything happening suddenly.

Last edited:
~Yuzuki~

1689386243847.png 1689386205589.png Yuzuki's eyes honed in on Teuihua as he made himself known. His appearance cleared up something Yuzuki had been curious about, the lack of people present. Indeed, Teuihua's existence made it clear, the reason she had sensed many souls approaching yet only saw two animated beings was a result of his being here. It seemed far less charms would be necessary, a small but welcome relief.

Returning her gaze to Regula, Yuzuki listened as the woman attempted to find a common language with which to better communicate. An action that brought a subtle smile to Yuzuki's face, for someone not of this nation to treat her with such respect. It was honestly quite touching. After all, if the sentry construct was to be believed, both the pantheon and civilization had long since perished, and as such this woman owed no such respect to Yuzuki or her sister.

That was when her sister appeared and asked that she judge Regula lightly given the circumstances. How bold but truth be told, well Yuzuki had already promised to leave her life as a Shrine guardian behind. Divine intervention or not. Speaking in Mictlantechulian she would respond "Very well, given the woman has not only shown the shrine respect but also got the backing of a sentry I shall grant her entry without administering the typical trial. As per your request my dear sister. But, know should she do anything wrong, the fault will be upon your shoulders."

Returning her focus to Regula, Yuzuki couldn't help but smile. Something she quickly covered with a hand, her own tails swishing back and forth in the wind. With her mouth still hidden from view and holding back the urge to laugh at her sister's remark about shrine charms, Yuzuki took her free hand and waved it slowly by her side, her catalyst ringing out as she did so. Swapping to Sylvan Yuzuki spoke to Regula softly "You have shown this shrine and its guardians respect. Your companion has given his word as to your strength of character. I sense darkness surrounding your soul. You are marked are you not? Damned by this world, by the gods. A criminal. An outcast."

With the bells on her catalyst having rung three times now a faint mirage began to appear beside Yuzuki, a mirage that displayed a cold and empty plane. A plane that had been completely frozen over and countless beings of all races, shapes, and forms could be seen frozen solid like statues along a central river. "Cocytus, the resting place of those damned for eternity. It is for those I speak. For you. Though you will be permitted entry to this shrine, remember this. I am watching you, stranger to these lands."

Waving her hand the mirage would begin to disappear but not before a ghastly hand would reach from the mirage and hand Yuzuki a charm made of solid ice. Taking the charm Yuzuki would chuckle and toss it toward Regula, dropping her hand to reveal a bright smile. "Anyway, with all that boring stuff out of the way. How about you tell us why you've come here? Surely you haven't come to see us, there must be an ulterior motive no?".
Turning to her sister Yuzuki's ears would twitch and tails began to swish rapidly "You better not have eaten my offering too Ringo! I've waited just as long as you!"

Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

Mentions: Teuihua TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Yuzki Uasal Uasal | Ringo StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal

She blinked a couple of times. There was a second set of them now. A lovely purple shaded one. This truly had to be a trial of temptation, regardless of what anyone else might say. It was also a trial she was rapidly loosing. With all her mental fortitude combined, she managed to focus on their words just well enough to abstain from lunging at them like a predator. Taking deep breaths also helped. She was glad to have found a common language in Sylvan, meaning she could directly communicate with them. That'd make it easier not to get too distracted by about 18 other things.

Yuzuki's words confused her. “{I was set-up by the Eastern Empire, otherwise I know not what you speak off.}” She ended up replying. Being considered a criminal was not a great first impression to make. “{Otherwise, I am Baroness Regula Caelia, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.}” She added, hoping to make a bit more of a better first impression than that of a condemned criminal by at least giving them her name and title.

Truthfully, she was rather impressed by the sight of that frozen wasteland... Although she didn't exactly understand what it was, why it was, or how in the world it related to her. Was it a shrine maiden thing to speak in riddles? Possibly. That all changed when she got thrown a chunk of ice. She caught it and sort-off regretted doing so as her hands immediately started to grow rather cold from holding the thing. Then again, it'd be rude to just throw away... right? “Ehm... what do I do with this, it's making my hands feel frozen.” She asked Teuihua in common. The latter, however, could wait as she'd put it in her pocket dimension for now. After all, the purple one caught her attention. Ringo, from what she gathered from her sister.

Somehow, the scene in front of her brought back an old memory of her own. When she was still delivering bread in the capital. Having to run around the city to deliver fresh bread before sunrise, often on an empty stomach, had been a rather rough job. Especially after just having reincarnated. Yet, one day, on older customer started to 'accidentally' order too much bread and told her to eat it 'so that it wouldn't go to waste' while it was still fresh. That sign of kindness had always stuck to her, so seeing Ringo so overjoyed by a mere apple made something well up within her. A feeling even stronger than her desire for tails. A genuine desire to help whatever this girl had been going through.

She opened up her pocket dimension again to take out the entire basket of apples, as well as a few jam rolls, a recipe she'd been suggest by the barony's resident chef Todo Sawl, which she'd been planning to keep for her own lunch. Then again, she'd had a good enough breakfast, so they could serve a better purpose right now, along with the apples. She held out the apples and jam rolls with a smile. “{Don't worry, miss Ringo, it's a pleasure to meet you with or without charms. Please, have as many more...}” what was the word they'd used again in Sylvan? She'd forgotten. “{apples as you'd like, or try some jam rolls. They turned out pretty well, I think.}” She smiled all the way through. After all, being able to make someone happy with something so simple was a nice thing.

That's when she turned to Yuzuki again. “{Truthfully, I wasn't expecting to see anyone at all.}” She admitted. “{I wanted to accompany my friend Teuihua, as this place might hold some answers to what happened to your civilisation, after the baron of this barony has officially requested a status report.}” That's when she realised what she was even dealing with. Or rather, what they had to be dealing with right now. “{I am sorry, it must be a big shock to wake up and realise your civilisation has ended long ago. Just like with Teuihua, if you'd want me to, I will do what I can to help you settle into the current civilisation.}” She'd yet to realise these two had actually been 'awake' for all that time, rather than just on sleeper mode like Teuihua.

At this point, she was rather proud of herself. So she really could function even in the face of these S-grade distracting waving around ever so seductively in front of her. Her willpower was strong enough after all! However, [Prideful] comes befor the fall. “{Either way, it's very pleasurable to see the two of you.}” She said it and realised almost instantly that was definitely not what she wanted to say. She wanted to say 'it is a pleasure to meet you two' like a normal person, not... saying whatever she'd ended up saying like some sort of [Tail Freak]. Actually, hadn't she already said that to both of them? She shouldn't even have said something like that again at all! Ugh... her heart was speaking louder than her brain, it seemed. Perhaps... perhaps they would just write it off as her not knowing Sylvan too well?

Last edited:
Teuihua
Teuihua was rather pleased by Regula's initial comments, hearing her say that he was loyal, big and handsome was definitely a confidence booster, he would have smiled it if had been in his wheelhouse to do so given the limited expressions of his face.

"Thank you I appreciate that, it means more coming from you." He followed up with a warm intonation.

"I do understand your perspective on that matter as well, it would take considerable commitment and responsibility to build a construct and take care of it properly, but I still reiterate that I am of the belief that you do have what it takes if you ever desire to do it even so. If you ever find yourself in that position of wanting too of course would support you if you would desire it."
---
By this point Teuihua was aware that Regula knew several languages so hearing the beastial wasn't all too surprising coming from her even if he did not speak it, nor on the border was he someone who was hearing it very often back in his time. He had heard the fae language before but yet again it wasn't something which he actually spoke. Thankfully it looked like the keepers of the shrine did speak the language, which made sense given the limited context which Teuihua knew of. With the new found focus which Teuihua noticed Regula looked like she had assumed, the message was clear at the very least that she wanted to communicate she was ready for whatever trial the Maidens of the shrine of passage dictated.

Teuihua watched Ringo as she appeared, at first a bit alarmed not sure what just made itself visible as his head spun toward her direction, but his demeanor calmed when he realized it was just another Shrine maiden by the looks of things. He gave Ringo a bow of respect as well before he said in Miclantechulian to her, "Thank you for gracing us with your presence."

Truthfully beyond what was being spoken in common or Mictlantechulian, Teuihua didn't have much to comment on, just watching the interactions, he figured they'd probably feel similar to how he had when he found out the fall of the Mictlantechulian had occurred he would keep that in mind, perhaps he could be of help empathizing some if need be.

Teuihua would however answer some of Regula's questions she asked him in common, as well as give her an update about the situation, speaking in common to her now;
"The purple one has referred to Shrine maiden Yuzuki as her sister, so I can only assume they are related, after some discussing they have decided to waive the traditional trial, they see my vouching , and presumably how the first barrier reacted to you as sufficient enough for the time being, meaning you should have gained access to the innards of the shrine should you wish to proceed." Teuihua did reiterate a bit that Yuzuki had already told Regula in Sylvan since he didn't know she already had sad some of it.

Teuihua was a bit surprised by the charm taking the form of the ice chunk, "You should accept it like a gift, it's her charm she's bestowed upon you for visiting the shrine, putting it in your dimension is sufficient." He replied.

Teuihua decided he'd try to be a bit more optimistic about the situation, as he then spoke in Miclantechulian, to the pair presumably after Regula had offered more 'offerings' and explained her self at the situation.

"While it is true with what I said about the Mictlantechulian civilization as far as I can tell, there are still many remnants just like this all over the realm..I 'woke up' myself in a place which..while arguably has seen better days, not all of the relics had been plundered I imagine many goods have stayed well hidden .and if I survived all these years in this dormant state..and you two still persisted..then I believe it is statistically likely there are others like us who still exist, and just need to be awoken...or for all I know they are already roaming around as we speak and I have just not met them yet, if I was accidentally woken up..then surely there are others just like this..so while I understand a feeling of great loss, I do believe that not all is lost with this revelation.." He continued.

"Regardless I am hoping that I can find some more information about what happened by exploring what's left.." Teuihua then concluded, listening to what was to be said next for the time being.
----
While Regula, Yuzuki, and Ringo no doubt started to exchange pleasantries and get into a conversation about why they were there, and any topics of interest such as the current world, the shrine itself while not looking in the best condition, was far from unsalvageable. Truth be told the strong magic and stele had more than likely kept out many undesirables over the years who had tried to force their way into the inner parts where the most valuable valuables were held. Yuzuki and Ringo themselves had heard the divine one themselves, who had been no doubt watching over the land and perhaps had a part in this fact.

Even so after it had been made abundantly clear that Regula did not have to undergo a usual trial, the thin doors to the inner part of the shrine which resembled somewhat like how the sliding doors in Kuridan did, opened up by themselves. The scent of a pleasant incense started to fill the air near the shrine, and a new sense of liveliness filled the area which had felt dormant for so long. All of this corresponded with what could be considered a large offering from Regula, as well. While the building itself didn't seem to fix itself up, it looked like whatever was going on exactly was making it clear the shrine was open for business yet again, regardless of Yuzuki and Ringo's input. Of course there were steps they themselves could take to get it back up to par, but that much whether it be from the divine the signal was clear, Regula at the very least had been green lit.The inside of the shrine currently only had natural light going into it so the space was dimmer than the outside for the time being. As a result it was a bit difficult to make out from the distance REeula and Teuihua were at, what exactly was inside and just how large the space was inside the shrine.

Ringo
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Ringo turned to her sister at Yuzuki's words, her ears flattening and a look of shame mixed with defiance on her face. "+There was only one! I got it first!+". She turned back to Regula as she spoke to her, and suddenly there was a basket of apples and jam rolls in her hands. Ringo approached with the first apple lodged in her mouth and took a few from Regula, before removing the fruit and giving her a quiet, "{Th-thank you.}" She ran over to Yuzuki, Ears perked up and tails swishing and twisting happily. "+Yuzu! Look, she gave us more! And these things too! What are they? It looks like bread.+" She handed a few apples and a roll to Yuzuki and walked back to Regula. That was when she finally noticed Teuihua. "+Woah! You're tall. I don't think I've ever seen one as big as you. The others were smaller.+" She reaches up and touches his arm, walking around him and examining, before moving back to Regula. She smiles warmly at the Baroness's words, not catching the slip or unintended message. "{It is very pleasurable to see you, too. It has been so long since we've had visitors. I would offer you a blessing, but I believe the purifying basin is...well... gone. Oh! I know! It's an outdated practice, but I can bestow a blessing on you! Hold still!}" Ringo's face went stern as she focused and extended her hand, two fingers touching Regula's chest, while she muttered an incantation under her breath. When she finished she smiled warmly again. "{There! That should keep negative energies from seeking you out. May it bring you peace on your journeys.}"

Last edited:
~Yuzuki~

1689730361010.pngYuzuki's tails shot out straight as did her ears upon hearing Ringo's blatant lie, making her look almost cat-like in her actions. "There were two! T-W-O. You heathen Ringo! I'm your sister, I thought we were in this together! Gah the sting of betrayal!". Speaking in Mictlantechulian, Yuzuki would speak in a stern yet comical manner. It was hard to tell whether she was actually bothered by Ringo's actions or if it were just a ruse made to poke fun at the sibling. Regardless, Regula stepped up to resolve the situation quite quickly. Albeit after offering some insight into her current criminal status.

Taking the roll and apples from Ringo, Yuzuki's eyes sparkled. Food, real food. Sweet food! Tasty food! Oddly shaped bread-like food! It wasn't fish but after being locked away for so long this offering was as good as a ton of gold! Biting down quickly on the roll of bread, Yuzuki's tails began to sway wildly as her eyes began to well up with tears. It was so good. What was this strange substance hidden within the bread-like casing? It tasted like apples but... far sweeter and richer. What sorcery was this! Turning away from Regula and the construct, Yuzuki would chow down on the jam roll without restraint. "Mmh! So good!".

Once Yuzuki had finished eating her bread she returned to face Regula. Though Yuzuki had seemingly returned to a more serious form of presenting herself, a small splotch of jam remained upon her cheek unbeknownst to the Fae. A small detail that likely very much ruined her attempt to come across as the responsible and upright sister. Speaking once again in Sylvan, Yuzuki would finally respond to Regula's words. "Thank you for your offering, this... jam roll. It is most certainly a treat worthy of being offered up to this shrine. Though I know not what sorcery went into the creation of such a confectionary but I welcome it nonetheless."

Folding her hands neatly in front of her, Yuzuki would continue in a soft but serious tone. "You offer me an explanation for your damnation. Such an act is unnecessary. I am but a herald. It is not my duty to judge the living, nor is it my place to judge the dead. Your actions are your own and I shall not view you differently just because of a mere title ... excuse me... madam... you seem to be drooling and staring quite intensely at my sister and I. Might I ask you to... not? This is a holy place, purge yourself of impure thoughts! Gah! The inner sanctum would never open for the likes of!" Kachunk. [Tail Freak]

"you..." 'Damn it!'

Turning to see the inner sanctum had indeed opened its doors to Regula, Yuzuki was left speechless. This had to be the gods messing with her. That woman, something about her look screamed 'hide your tails'. So much so it sent a shiver down Yuzuki's back.

Backing up a few steps from Regula, Yuzuki would blush deeply and instead look to the sentry who had accompanied her before swapping back to Mictlantechulian "Sir sentry! I beseech thee. Protect me and my sister from this fiend and I shall recite to you all the knowledge contained within this shrine. I memorized it all as a child. I will aid you in your search, just... don't let her near me!". Looking back to Regula, Yuzuki noticed her sister granting the woman a blessing "Gah Ringo! Not so close! Be careful, can't you feel her eyes!"

Elvario Elvario StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Last edited:
Regula Caelia

6nJE2op.png

She kept Teuihua's words in mind. Perhaps, one day, she would try to build a construct of her own. Truth be told, she had no clue what the traditional trial would be like, but considering she recalled Teuihua telling her about his culture's practice if putting gems in skulls, she was glad it was waved. She wasn't eager to butcher her enemies and offering up gemmed skulls to these shrine maidens. Even so, the conversation made her wonder what she'd find at the 'innards' of this shrine. On the other hand, she was also glad she could put the charm in her dimension before her hands froze over, having put it away where it hopefully wouldn't get anything important wet should it start melting...

That's when the real trial started. Seeing Ringo so happy with the food was already heart-warming, ye then she turned around to run to her sister. The pure and wholesome thoughts of being able to share food with someone less fortunate suddenly turned a whole lot less wholesome when she saw all the tails swishing and twisting around happily. Truly, such a sight for the price of some apples and jam rolls? She felt like she was scamming them! Wait, no, no, focus! She checked if her mouth was still closed and realised it wasn't. Hopefully they hadn't noticed.

She had no clue what they were saying amongst themselves, but they seemed to be truly pleased with the food. Regula was able to 'wholesome-ify' her thoughts again upon such an adorable sight, which allowed her to keep her cool when Ringo suddenly walked up to her, poking her in the chest and saying some things. She wasn't sure what this was meant to do, but she smiled nevertheless. “{Thank you for your blessing.}” Even though she wasn't sure what this was meant to be or to do in practice, the gesture was appreciated.

As wholesome as that moment was, Regula realised that, even shot up like a cat's tails, tails were still a beautiful sight to behold. Yuzuki unintentionally made that clear. If anything, they were only more visible in all their glory! Wait, yikes, don't stare. She caught herself yet again. This was truly the toughest trial ever. Their talk of waving the trial had to be a lie. They were the trial themselves!

She smiled at Yuzuki's thanks for the jam rolls, resiting the urge to go for the typical anime move to wipe away the bit of jam left on her face. She didn't dare touch someone that was supposedly all sacred and holy, which was a good mental fortitude strengthener to ward off her own desires to reach for those tails, for that matter. “{You're most welcome. I can teach you the recipe or let you meet with the chef, if you'd want. They were surprisingly simple to make, even without extensive cooking knowledge.}” She admitted, not wishing to steal credit for another's creation.

The topic of her damnation was suddenly a very serious one. “{Even if it is unnecessary, I'd still prefer people to know. I tried saving people from a terrorist attack, so being framed as a criminal for it is a painful reality I'll try to set straight whenever possible.}” It was clear this was a slightly sensitive topic to her, as she truly wished to keep her name clear of this crime she didn't commit.

That said... the next crime... Ehm...

She was silenced when suddenly seeing Yuzuki withdraw. It didn't take too much insight to figure out what had caused it. Should she try to deny it? Yes! Surely... but... if she did... Her mind went into overdrive. Lying in the fact of these two, in their own shrine? That might be too much. Not only that, if she lied now, she might have to try keeping up a lie that was doomed to be exposed sooner or later.

She took in a deep breath, then she slowly exhaled. If she couldn't deny the truth, she might as well commit to it. “{I'm afraid it is as you say, I am not flawless. However! It is not without reason, I swear! You see, humans tend to hide their emotions often and with viciousness, yet tails are the polar opposite. A tail will honestly show how its owner is feeling, without lies and dishonesty! It's like a portal to someone's true feelings and inner emotions, regardless of what they claim on the outside or might try to lie about. The person can lie, but their tail won't. Besides, out of all the limbs, tails are by far the most elegant, often being fluffy and pleasing to the eyes! So yes, I do like tails! However, although I knew that some folk have more than one, I had never expected to see two people with an amazing amount of nine of them, especially in such stunningly gorgeous pink and purple shades, so amazingly fluffy and well-kept! I admit that I can barely turn my eyes from such a magnificent sight, even if I wouldn't wish to disrespect you.}” As she was trying to explain herself, she'd somehow gone far too all-out and started using [Baroness Charm A] to back up her words. “{Yes, I might need to focus on other things, but I can guarantee that my liking of tails is as pure as it gets!}” The latter might be pushing it a bit too much, but, she'd already committed. “{Besides, even after only having just met, I think I can tell that you two are good people and whilst I know little of what you've been through, I admire how you try to welcome us into the shrine after having been waiting for so long. Surely, you two are every bit as magnificent as your tails.}”

[Baroness' Charm A] – Character Grade A, Appraisal A, [Baroness of Caelia] title, Persuasion B, Seduction B – Using her position as a baroness and her social prowess, Regula attempts to charm someone into being more agreeable. - Grade A – 5 Post Cooldown.

Well then, she'd dug her grave deep enough to encounter the earth's magma in no-time, hadn't she? She realised she'd gone off on a tangent by the fact she'd even spread her wings out subconsciously, somewhere during the process, having flapped them a bit to emphasize her words. She folded them back in with a bit of embarrassment, wanting to escape this situation after having just preached her heart out about her love for a certain limb. One could write a song about it, at this rate.

That's when she spotted her escape. The shrine's inner sanctum had opened. “{It seems I'm beckoned further in, so I shall answer the calling.}” She stated, yes, that might work... “Let's go, it seems someone or something in this shrine wished me to enter further.” She spoke to Teuihua, heading for the inner shrine.

Last edited:
Teuihua
The sentry golem for the time being had been on standby, there weren't really many times when it didn't look like he was in some capacity, perhaps by merit of design. Even with those near them who were presumably allies, Teuihua always wanted to be ready for the next threat as he knew from experience how dangerous the world could truly be. Even the construct was capable of recognizing the wholesome scene before him nevertheless. It was nice to see beings from Mictlantechulia pleased once more, even if it was over small things like food. Teuihua knew how good things could taste from experience so it was no surprise that they were able to enjoy themselves.
From Teuhua's perspective Regula appeared to be making a solid impression on the group receiving a warm welcome from the pair as far as tradition went, he could gather that much even if he couldn't understand when they were speaking the fae language. Teuihua did take notice of Ringo whom he rotated his head too and gave a bit of a nod at her mentioning he was tall.

"Indeed that doesn't surprise me, I can't imagine you've seen to many constructs like myself originally designed for border military purposes." he guessed was part of why Ringo said that.

That of course was until it looked like the social interaction had gone astray. Suddenly Yuzuki was speaking to Teuihua telling him to protect them from Regula, so that told him about as much as he needed to know, that something had in fact gone wrong indeed.
He would reply to her in Mictlantechulian quick on the uptake, giving a small bow of what could be read as apology. "While your offer is most generous, Shrine Maiden Yuzuki, and it means a lot to hear that from you, I have spent extensive time along side Regula Caelia since I have woken up and I can assure you she does not mean any harm..She does not desire to abuse others, she has a kind heart. She has treated someone like me, a stranger, a construct from another time with great kindness and as an equal no less, I do believe that speaks more of her character, than...over enthusiasm, but there is no malice or ill intention there..I can assure you. What I can promise you is that if something threatening arises of course I would protect you.."

All he could really do was hope that Regula's response in addition to his own would help ease some of Yuzuki's concerns. Upon hearing Regula say that and looking to the shrine, Teuihua nodded, before he followed Regula toward the inner area. He knew that it would be acceptable for him to be there along side her since she had been invited in and then invited him in.
---
Of course in the case of the construct he'd have to be-careful as to not damage the shrine just by him trying to enter it, since he had to bend down to clear his head on the door.. Thankfully the opening was rather large and grand enough for him to enter. Thankfully the ceiling had just enough clearance beyond that point. Something strange would become apparent, there were white tailsman stuck all over a few steles which were placed toward the center of the space for some reason, written in Mictlantechulian, were they acting as a seal? One thing that was apparent was that the steles and the tailsman weren't there before.

After Regula entered the stele text began to glow an orangey color much like before as it had on the out sight, Teuihua sort of just stood dumbfounded at the sight before them, as suddenly the tailsman began to fall away from the stele and turn to ash on the spot, and just like the pair had experienced while they were dormant suddenly the same voice demanding attention from before began to speak up, except this time Teuihua and Regula could hear the voice, and even in Regula's case understand it despite it speaking in Mictlantechulian.

"As I have spoken, the time for liberation grows near. Regula Caelia, you have been called forth for a vital purpose. You have been brought here today to be informed that you are part of the prophecy, your royal blood indicates it is so. It is true that you will play an essential role in ensuring the survival of Mictlantechulia once again. Of course there will be trials and tribulations to come, as the prophecy has foretold. In order to ensure that your role is fulfilled, I am bestowing upon you Shrine Maiden Ringo and Yuzuki's companionship and servitude. They are loyal and will serve you well. Yuzuki, Ringo, I understand that it might be difficult to understand but I can assure you, you will be serving a purpose beyond this shrine, it will however be restored. When all is said and done..when the light passes through the darkness, great rewards will come and more will be revealed." The voice finalized. Still obviously not having read the room as far as Yuzuki's feeling went even then.

Then with a large orange flash the steles disappeared. large translucent energy circles with more Mictlantechulian text had appeared near Ringo and Yuziki and had lines running toward a circle which was near Regula now. These symbols staying the longest until eventually they faded away too into nothingness. The shrine once again looked like it had before they had been beckoned in, dimply lit. Teuihua looked around still not even sure what to say at what had just transpired, there was also the fact that the voice hadn't said anything to him specifically, not sure if that meant anything or not..

(Narrator Note: Starting from this post I will have spotty wifi from this Saturday until I come back on the next. As a result the participants of this rp have been given permission to have rounds of back and forth until I can get the next one out. Given the nature of Uasal Uasal and StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal characters being tied to the shrine, any developments as far as world building, or detailing was given the okay by me, and co-narrator benefits should apply where applicable for both of them moving forward.)

Ringo

Ringo turned to her sister at her outburst then looked back to Regula, turning her head a bit to get a better look at her. "Hmmmm, now that you mention, something does seem a little off about her. But she did give us that delicious food as an offering. And she's been polite so far." She then heard Regulas pleas for understanding. "You think our tails are magnificent?" She turned to peer over her own shoulder down at them. "They do take a lot of effort to maintain. But, thank you! I'm glad you like them!" She turned and sent the tails flowing in Regula's direction with a warm smile on her face.

Ringo followed behind Regula, watching her curiously while continuing to feast on the apples provided. It had been a long time since they had a visitor and even longer since one was permitted into the sanctum. "Do be careful and watch where you step! I haven't had a chance to sweep recently! Oh, right your shoes! Shoes aren't permitted in the -!" But Regula had already entered and suddenly the voice coursed through the air again. Ringo stood stock still, her ears twitching as she listened to the voice. She looked at Yuzuki, panic on her face, when suddenly the rings flashed into existence. She squeaked and dropped the apple in surprise, even more upset now. "Yuzu! What's happening?!" After the spell ,whatever it had been was finished, it faded just as quickly as it arrived, the glowing orange text lingering only a moment longer. Ringo looked around nervously, ensuring everything was the same as it had been, then looked to her sister once more. "What was that, sister? That's never happened before..."

~Yuzuki~

1690472717190.png
Yuzuki was disheartened when Tehuia backed up the 'Tail Freak', the title having taken full effect on the tailed being that was Yuzuki. Even with Regula going on to explain herself and her reasoning for liking tails so much, Yuzuki was unwavering. Something wasn't right about this woman and until she could verify with her own eyes that this woman was not some creep out to get her and her sister, Yuzuki would be on guard. Though, it was nice to receive a compliment as to how well-kept her tails were. A comment that at least earned Regula some brownie points if only an abysmal amount.

with Ringo clearly won over already, there was little hope of Yuzuki reigning her sister back in. Ringo was a free spirit after all and warnings often fell upon dead ears. That being said Yuzuki was determined to keep her sister safe. One misstep and she would put an end to this whole ordeal, cast out the heathen and... well it wasn't like she could do much other than that. Perhaps hibernate another couple hundred years?

Moving inward, Yuzuki would walk along behind her sister and Regula, watching both carefully. The inner sanctum had seen better days but compared to the outside it was relatively well maintained. Something that didn't shock Yuzuki given its importance and close link to the divine energies the shrine sat upon and drew from. It was interesting to see though. Interesting up until a collection of steles came into view. Steles covered in talismans no less.

Just what was going on here? Was this some sort of seal? Had the leyline been blocked? Was that the reason the outer shrine was in such disarray? No, it had to be something else, the outer area would have deteriorated with or without the energy here. Could it be what had bound the twins to that void? It had to be right? But who could have done this? The shrine maidens? The high priestess? Why?

Moving toward the centermost stele, Yuzuki moved to inspect it but before she could read the talismans stuck upon it, they began to burn away. A reaction that had clearly been caused by Regula. How could one tell such a thing? Well, it wasn't hard to piece such together when an ominous voice called out to her first by name now was it.

Standing with her arms folded and a subtle frown, Yuzuki listened along to what the voice had to say, not all too impressed with how things were progressing at all. That was until she found herself suddenly bound to Regula, at which point her folded arms very quickly came undone. Moving her hands to her head and falling to her knees, Yuzuki's eyes began to tear up as she read the script internally to herself. These symbols, they spelled a fate worse than death! An eternity chained to that... TAIL FREAK!

Looking to Ringo while trying her utmost to hold back tears, Yuzuki spoke in a defeated tone, her already pale skin practically turning translucent "Its over Ringo... our lives... we've been enslaved... Enslaved to that... freak! GAH".

Looking to Tehuia, Yuzuki's tears would begin to fall slowly down her cheeks "You promised to protect me! YOU PROMISED!". Shaking her head, Yuzuki tried to wipe some of her tears from her face but only found them increasing in frequency "We aren't even Shrine Maidens! That bastard of a god threw away our lives and couldn't even get our damn title right *sniffle* RINGOOOOO! I DON'T WANT TO! I WAS JUST FREEEEEEEE! *sniffle*". This kind of behavior was very uncharacteristic of the typically calm and collected Yuzuki. A testament to how distraught she was given the news of her binding.

StarPrincessVal StarPrincessVal Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back