Video Games Is there anyone in the Undertale fandom?

BlossomsOfRainbows

*Insert clever comment here*
I know I’m late, like, several years late, but I recently finished watching play throughs of both routes and I’m still considering myself new to the fandom. I was just wondering if anyone else still is in the fandom, and if anyone has any tips on how to, y’know, be a part of it? That probably made no sense but I tried

The fandom is certainly still quite large and active, but a lot of fans have kinda dropped out because certain parts of the fanbase have gotten a little out of hand. Basically people writing terrible fanfiction and making way too many AUs has ruined it for a lot of us. Many consider it a toxic fandom but others are loyal and dedicated fans such as myself.
I'd recommend actually playing the game, it's worth the $10 on steam. I bought it a few years ago and have played through the True Pacifist route multiple times.

If you don't want to pay for Undertale, I believe the first part of Deltarune is still free to play. It's made by the same developer and although it has its own storyline and fanbase it's also a great game.

The fandom is certainly still quite large and active, but a lot of fans have kinda dropped out because certain parts of the fanbase have gotten a little out of hand. Basically people writing terrible fanfiction and making way too many AUs has ruined it for a lot of us. Many consider it a toxic fandom but others are loyal and dedicated fans such as myself.
I'd recommend actually playing the game, it's worth the $10 on steam. I bought it a few years ago and have played through the True Pacifist route multiple times.

If you don't want to pay for Undertale, I believe the first part of Deltarune is still free to play. It's made by the same developer and although it has its own storyline and fanbase it's also a great game.
The only reason I haven’t played it is because I don’t have a computer or a controller that will play with the Android version. I wanted to play it for myself but it wasn’t an option.

And yeah, I’ve stayed away from the fanfictions and all the AUs kind of intimidate me so I’ve stayed away from them as well.

I’m a very big fan of it and I love adding to the slugfest that is AU for the series, no matter how overloaded it may be with them.

unfortunately a large part of the fandom is very toxic though and is best stayed away from for ones own mental health.

I’m apart of the fandom and I have to say when it comes to the shippers and down right toxic ‘fangirls’ you will run into them very often. The overall experience of the fandom is finding a character (or characters) you love them going off from their many cosplay draw art or even roleplay as them so far everyone on this site when it comes to Undertale is fairly nice aside from a few...not so nice people but you barely run into them!

Deltarune is the sister game as in developer wise to its predecessor Undertale,the game is free so far but that’s the demo or ‘chapter one’ as Toby calls it. I will not spoil it if you haven’t played but as far as I know it’s free on all major consoles I have it on my PS4 Switch and PC. However unlike its sister game this one has its own unique story and gameplay though it does share a similar process to Undertale.

i came to undertale rather late so i never really was a part of the fandom when the game was just released, but even the glimpse of it that i got in the coming years is rather positive. the humongous amount of remixes, fansongs and the likes in particular amazes me to this very day, as do other things, like AUs, theories, fangames and so on.

now i moved on (rather anachronistically) to homestuck, but i still have a warm spot for ut. my tip would be to have fun, as the fandom isn't as strict as the others and is a wonderful creative outlet, rare cringe notwithstanding.

Okay, so there's a bunch of stuff in the Undertale fandom, AU's (Alternate universes), Theories, fangames, fanart, fan music, song remixes, ocs, a bunch of stuff a regular fanbase would have. I've never really had any encounters with toxic fans, so I'd say it's one of the safest Fandoms, (Among other fandoms that I know of), and there are many ways to be creative in the fandom.

I'm actually making two Alternate universes, And trying to make them unique since there are so many Universes alreadyyy- But that's besides the point. The point is you can make other versions of characters from Canon ones, and whatnot. There's also a bunch of Fanfiction in the fandom... Anyway Yeah, that's about all I can really say about the fandom itself.

The worst part about the fandom is the Toxic shippers, and the Fangirls. I personally haven't had encounters with Toxic Fangirls or Toxic Shippers, though I am aware they exist. Like with many fandoms, there's the "other side" of fandoms, such as the dark side, the toxic side and the.. "Adult" side. But that's just every Fandom. All you need to do is Acknowledge the fact that it exists and try to live with it.

I know I’m late, like, several years late, but I recently finished watching play throughs of both routes and I’m still considering myself new to the fandom. I was just wondering if anyone else still is in the fandom, and if anyone has any tips on how to, y’know, be a part of it? That probably made no sense but I tried
Oh my gosh my childhood literally revolved around Pokemon, FNAF, and Undertale. I promise, you will love the fandom (for the most part every fandom has it's toxic side hhhhh) and here's my advice!

So, to become an active part of any fandom, I usually do this:
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥Go to wiki fandom! I've made a lot of friends on the Deltarune wiki, and it's where I made my first OC! And the fandom wiki has lots of information on Undertale just like any other fandom on there, so it's helpful to read if you're still new to the fandom!
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥Be a part of the Undertale side of Reddit! I swear, Reddit has the biggest Undertale nerds. If you want me to point out specific r/'s, let me know!
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥Talking about it in forums and communities like these helps you too!

Basically, try to read the social side of it! As stated at the beginning, there's a toxic side to every fandom, so your experience might not be amazing every time, but the fandom in general is really nice, nerdy, and funny!

Have fun bro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back