Internet Alias

Do you think an internet alias should be something...

• Original

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like A Real Name

• That Summarizes You Personality

• Other (specify below)

• Total voters

RealisticFantasy

✯ Raccoon Catcher ✯
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Edit: Wowie, please ignore my mistake of "you" instead of "your" in the poll...

I've decided I need a new internet alias. So while I pursuing the wonderful interwebs of knowledge, I thought I'd ask you guys about your thoughts. What should make up a good internet alias? What are some of the weirdest/coolest/prettiest/most unique aliases you've come across? And why do you like yours?

I've used a mix of usernames over the years. I sometimes go by what is funny to me at the time. Whenever I can, I go by CyberBully because I think it is funny and ironic that I am usually not a bully at all.

I picked Circus on a whim.

I like aliases that are short and sweet. I enjoy mine because it's just a condensed version of my given name, which is impossible for other people to pronounce.

I got Roo because that was my nickname as a young child, and my aunt made an email for me with Roo in it.

The thing sort of stuck.

Only other alias I've used it Lo Cyril, which is based of a character I wrote up. He's a god that doesn't want to be god, I use him for a lot of poetry I write.

Then Omaka, that's based of another character I wrote up and like.

I think your Internet alias should be a name you enjoy to hear when people call you... and a unique name. Of course, you shouldn't use your own name.

People in the internet world call me Savannah or Sav

Actually... all answers are correct.

It obviously HAVE to be original, so people know it's you.

It also has to be alternative to real name, because your name is what symbolize yourself, just like your aliases.

What summarizes your personality - yes! You might not even realize but your username (aliases) ALREADY contains your personality.

For example - RealisticFantasy - I know nothing about you, and yet I can tell a lot of things about you by your username. You are dreamy, fair, choleric, filled with imagination - and you know it and are proud of it, interesting person, you are very optimistic, you love nature, you have grand talents and patience...

Am I right? I know I am.

I named myself after an author/game-maker I like, but I ended up really liking the name ghost and its meaning has morphed for me. Now when I have to make a username for a new site, it usually follows with the ghost theme.

I don't think a username has to be anything. I mean, technically it has to be unique from all the other ones already taken, but that's it. I'm not personally fond of usernames that are the same as your real name, but its just a personal preference and usernames inspired or taken from your real name are fine.

I guess I'd think about things you like, or your personality, or something that's inspired you, and what words they make you think of. Or it could be totally arbitrary like what you ate for breakfast or your favorite color and still be cool too.

I also personally really like one-word usernames, but again that's just me. I think anything more than three words is a little bit much.

I chose Star as my internet alias because I'm obsessed with things that have to do with space. I'm really into reading things about other galaxies and space theories, as well as just stargazing, taking pictures of the night sky, and looking at pictures of space. I thought it would be cool to have an alias that reminded me of something that I enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back