• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐬 - character creation (accepting 6/10)

Other
Here

.empathogen.

♡𝚙𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚎♡
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

chosen

CHARACTERS.

The Summoning

roles open

deadline

Friday, March 29th, 2024 -- 11:59pm CST

"He made all the stars, and the Earth lived among the stars. He made all the animals and birds, and at first, he made them all the same."

Welcome to the character creation section of the RP, 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐬. I'm sublimed and I will be your GM and fellow writer. I want to thank you guys for all the interest and I can't wait to see exactly what you create for our story. There will be ample room for creativity and all your ideas, so don't hold back. I was thinking of a way to make things more interesting and I have come to the conclusion that I need to allow your characters to be made in a fashion that suits your needs, not mine. Therefore, there is no set character skeleton, nor will I be asking for a complete backstory or personality to be made now. That can come along as we develop the story. What I want to know are the basics, their appearance, their powers(1 mundane, 1 supernatural, and a blessed artifact or weapon) how they feel about the other members of the Vindex by their role(not by the character...yet), and how they feel being resigned to an eternal life among the masses. Just have these things, and whatever else you want to tell me about your character, formulated in a neat way(you can use code if you want, but it's not a requirement) so that I can assess whether or not they are a fit for the grand scheme of things.

The picture to the left has a hidden scroll with a few details. But, the gist is that the deadline will be the night of March 29th. I'll be working on my character as well. All I ask is that your characters have an "age" range of 15-45. Note that their physical age will have stopped when they turned into a Vindex, so they will eternally be whatever age you set for them. Choose wisely, for this can harm them as much as it can benefit them.

Thanks for applying for 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐬! Let's see what we can do, together.

Last edited:
Ilias, Ishtar's Herald
from the other side
  • i
    ii
    iii
    iv
    full name
    Ilias of No House and Name
    alias
    Eli Roman Ward
    "age"
    date of birth
    1st day of the sign of Suhurmas (December 22nd)
    sexuality
    Omnisexual Demiromantic
    patron goddess
    Ishtar, Goddess of War and Beauty
    role
    Iudex, The Judge
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

Xie Jiaying

# Artis

# Zhang Ziyi

♡coded by uxie♡

Satellite

Starset

torch of hestia

R

equisite.

name

Xie Jiaying

a.k.a.

Lao Ying, Old Ying

Thirty Eight

D.O.B.

September 8th, 200 BC

Female

sexuality

Pansexual

occupation

Marriage Counselor

V

index Traits.

Mundane Power:

The warmth of the hearth begets familiarity. Looking at someone under the firelight, it’s easy to make assumptions about someone you’ve never known. Jiaying has learned to take advantage of these assumptions, to disguise herself using clothing, makeup, and body language and shed her identity and become another.

Godly Power:

In their home, people feel open, spilling out their hearts amidst their place of safe haven. Sharing their joy and pain and whatever sensations linger within them, passing on their happiness or diluting their sorrow. This connection to home lingers within Jiaying, allowing her to sense everything those around her feel and to steal, split, and share those feelings. Spreading them against the people weakens them, a seed of light to keep the lost going or a crippling injury lessened to fleeting aches amidst the crowd. Meanwhile, stealing them leaves them absent from the original owner, a way to take away the pain, provided that someone is willing to carry the burden. And Jiaying will always be willing.

Mortal Sacrifice:

Peace, the very dream of a war-wearied soul. To spread the will of her god, a home where all belonged, Jiaying would give away her right to rest, destined to forever walk in the dark of war and sacrifice

Holy Relic:

A gilded half mask that covers the right side of the face. It has an ever-changing appearance, save for the faint orange light that it emits. As for what that light represents: the ancestral echoes of history, left from the eons that people have gathered around the hearth and made the flames a silent witness to their lives. Using that memory of firelight, Jiaying has the ability to temporarily summon items that she has owned at any point in history. In remuneration, she partially takes on the state of her past self, possibly losing her current memories and suffering previous injuries. The more she synchronizes with that past self, the stronger these effects are, in return for the stronger the history and power of the summoned item.

p

syche.

Artis, the solitary flame, the damned believer. A woman of faith and determination, whole-heartedly devoted to the ideal of a peaceful, loving people. Step by step, brick by brick, she pieces together the possibility of paradise. It’s an ambitious dream, one that she cultivates slowly, guiding nations forward over the course of decades before fading back into obscurity once more. She is steadfast, dependable, sharp, and quick-witted, having dared to stand immovable in the face of insurmountable odds and claim her victory. She is adaptable, calculating, and cold, always moving, thinking, and planning about the best way to rectify a doomed situation. Over the eons, she has never stopped to count her sacrifices, to mourn and grieve. Oh, but how the years have weathered her.

Though she loves humanity and fights for it still, Jiaying no longer knows what it is to be human. Remembers it, yes, but her otherness is by now undeniable. Emotion has become foreign, trust a rare commodity beyond the belief that a task can and will be completed, and relationships something to treasure but never something to keep, destined to shift with the passage of time, whether that be by death or new alliances. Even so, Jiaying is oddly truthful. While she may withhold information, she will not lie to her friends or allies, no matter how temporary.

As of now, she is content to let old scars rest, to leave past enmities in the past despite any bitterness she may hold. To be observant and calm, serious and efficient. A planner if necessary, and a peacekeeper if not.

h

istory

The shadow that stretches throughout unwritten histories, guiding humanity towards Hestia’s light; redirecting the river of fate through political, social, and economic means—and when all else fails, the ignoble art of warfare. All spawned from a single moment suspended in amber, the final bargain of a god from a faith soon to fall. On that night, a bloodstained shadow reclined upon another’s chair as crimson seeped into hand-carved wood; a flickering fireplace danced with the spark of an unacknowledged divinity; and a question was asked of a blade without direction. That night, someone most in need of peace found it yet bargained it away as a blood price. On that night, a deity claimed a most unusual believer, devoted not to their power but to their virtue. A believer who would walk with her throughout the sands of time.

Walking, and walking, and walking. Through times beautiful and times horrid, entrusted with the duty to protect and to prevent, finding success and failure in equal measure. Until millennia of walking the dust began to wear away all but the last vestiges of humanity.

As the flames of passion consumed all but conviction, Hestia guided her Vindex to find duty amidst the buzz of the city. To counsel the common individuals, to give the needs of the individual over the needs of nations. And most of all, to rest in the only way left, reclaiming her lost humanity.

R

elationships.

Iudex:

“An old ghost, acknowledging but one existence across the entirety of his eternity. For those who have walked the sands as long as we have, intersections are a guarantee, and in those times, I have taken pyrrhic victories and bitter losses at Iudex’s hand. So forgive me when I call him a dangerous enemy and a most dangerous ally. Still, for the sake of our mission, I will stand beside my most maddening competitor. Let us laugh once more and see who’ll win our battle of words this time.”

Rectio:

“The fire-keeper, tasked with controlling the uncontrollable. When Rectio is off duty, I enjoy their company; they’re particularly easy to be around and work with. After all, it’s impossible to avoid familiarity, given how long we’ve been working together. Still, I respect their ranking when they’re leading. Some of the others, though, hah. Truly, I sympathize with their plight. I suppose I’ll have to send them a cup of tea to unwind in the aftermath of this mission.”

Iram:

“In the wake of an inferno, life blossoms from the ashes. Iram is a force of destruction, but in that destruction, they leave new paths and new possibilities. Given the fact that I aid the needy and that the powerful are often the targets of vengeance, I find their passage quite helpful. Of course, that’s given that I’m not caught in the crossfire, which is hard to guarantee. Perhaps I’ll be able to convince them to pass my people by during this mission?”

Fidem:

“The light of the gods, warm and comforting in the way that faith always will be. Sometimes I wonder if Hestia is blessing me through Fidem’s presence. When I grow weary of the path forward, I seek them and find rest in their hope. Their passion rekindles me, soothing my soul in a way few others ever have. If they ever find themself in need of another, then I will be there, standing alongside them. On this mission, and elsewhere.”

Verum:

“The beacon forward, the fire that illuminates all truths. Well, at least, their truth. While we may not always agree, I consider Verum’s counsel particularly valuable, for there are often moments where their vision is much clearer than mine. I’ve made it a point to periodically drop in over our long existences. It’s always nice to enjoy a cup of tea and a thoughtful discussion with them. They’ve become one of my closest friends. I’m looking forward to meeting them more in the future, given the mission at hand.”

Santias:

“The unexpected warmth. I must admit that I treated Santias most unfairly in the beginning. As my time as a counselor taught me, people seldom appreciate being analyzed. At the time, I believed Santias was the same, attempting to help out of duty rather than friendship. Yet when Hestia guided me here, they were the one who helped me create this life in modern civilization. They were the one who tried to help me rediscover what it meant to be human. So yes, I trust them. During this time together, I hope to show them the appreciation I never have.”

Ferus:

“Ferus, Ferus, Ferus. I’ve had my fair share of conflict with them, courtesy of their ingenious mind, but also I’ve learnt the appearance of my smile and the sound of my laughter in their presence. It’s best to avoid expectations with this one, though that’s much easier said than done. I’m looking forward to meeting them again, now that I can properly appreciate their unpredictability. Of course, I’ve also been dying to witness their battlestyle in person, given the stories I’ve heard.”

Manus Mortis:

“The ember that refuses to smolder. What a tragic existence it is to be opposed by both the heavens and the earth, yet Manus Mortis bears it well. I have respect for all those who choose to don death’s cloak and step on the war-bound path for the sake of their beliefs; even more so for one such as them, who never planned to walk the path yet stepped up nevertheless. I offer them whatever help, whatever guidance, they need, though even I acknowledge that I’m far from someone you’d want as an example. Still, I hope they find fulfillment, wherever it might be. Perhaps they’ll even be the one showing me what it means to live during this mission.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Rich (BB code):
Rich (BB code):
basics
appearance
vindex
extra
gallery
  • basics
    Dolli ☆ she/they
    BLOODMONEY
    Poppy
    full name
    Marie Donelle “Dolli” Cheong
    ethnicity
    Korean-Turkish
    sexuality
    biromantic asexual
    date of birth
    November 13, 20XX
♡design by natasha., coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

दर्शना

iram

The embodiment of destruction, they have no allegiance to anyone but their Maker.

• requisite.

full name

Darshana Gupta

nickname(s)

Shan, Darshan

d.o.b.

new moon of Kartika (late Oct - early Nov), 551 CE

"age"

cisfemale

pronouns

she/her

sexuality

heterosexual

occupation

assassin/hitman

role

iram

patron goddess

Maa Kali

visage.

scroll

height

5'8"

hair colour

black

eye colour

black

♡coded by uxie♡

GENERAL
full name:
Darshana Gupta
nickname(s):
Shan, Darshan
d.o.b.: new moon of Kartika (late oct - early nov), 551 CE
"age": 30
pronouns: she/her
sexuality: heterosexual
role: Iram
patron goddess: Maa Kali

APPEARANCE
height:
5'8"
hair color: black
eye color: black

PERSONA
traits:
hot-headed, fearless, erratic, straight-forward, determined

Darshana has always only known anger. It fills her to the brim, and the spillover is not pretty. After living more than a millennium one would think it would die down and let her feel any other emotion. But like her, it refuses to die.
It's not that she doesn't feel other emotions. She does, but, whenever she sits with them too long, they turn into anger. So she doesn't let it sit. Pluck its cause by the root so she could have a sense of peace for a day or two, or mere hours or minutes.
She is stoical in a sense that other than anger, she doesn't let other emotions show on her face. When was the last time she smiled? What did it feel like? Did she ever smile? (She does, a very scary grin after taking certain souls, but) hell if she knows. As for tears, hers only burn, red-hot.
Shan never learned how to control her tongue. She may be a woman of a few words, but should one have the unfortune to have a conversation with her, it often ends unpleasantly. She's not above lying, in fact she thinks they're fun. Will do it deadpan to keep people on their toes. Rather than using sarcasm, she'd outright insult one's entire bloodline. Though if they return that energy, that very same bloodline will be gone by dawn.
She can be reckless and impulsive to a fault. It would make sense for her to be vengeful, but she never let her anger marinate long enough. Once she feel a hint of vengeance, she'd act on it immediately. She gets shit done, fast. Will become laser focused and restless until the task is finished.

coffee: black. cigarettes, lollipops (not the swirly colorful ones), reading, polishing weapons (it's a very calming ritual)
dislikes:
the legal / "justice" system, misogyny (loathe), antiseptic smell, hospitals, childbirth, PDA of any kind
headcanons:
- got all sorts of connections. or will barge her way through. no in-betweens.
- most sign of affection she's shown in the past thousand years is a very hard pat on the back on one of the Vindex. probably Ferus.
- she gets the itch to go back to midwifery. but being close to the gentleness of motherhood and childbirth and unable to feel any of it anymore is the one thing that she can't stand and won't put herself through. her only boundary.

HISTORY
- 551 CE

Born to a midwife, Darshana was a bastard. It took a village to raise her, and everyday her mother sing praises to the Goddess Shashthi. Goddess of children, reproduction, child birth, mid-wives. It was fitting. It was the only goddess Shan learned to worship, too, as she grew and was taught the way of a mid-wife. In a very matriarchal house, she grew up quickly, and her mother made no hesitation telling her of her father. One of the now known as Later Guptas, many women would've asked for at least compensation in gold or land for carrying a child of royal blood, for their silence. But her mother knew it would've been of no good, so she asked for nothing, kept Shan a secret, and now it was her turn to do the same.

Though she didn't have the name for it at the time, she knew how unjust women were treated. That was the root of her anger. That is the root of her anger. Disgusted and repulsed by the way husbands were, Darshana swore to never marry. Blessed with a pretty face, many men has asked for her hand in marriage, despite her unrelenting glares at them. A lot of them felt more like a command than a question, though. It wasn't as easy as she wanted to, turning them down, as a simple "no" didn't quite work, and after the tenth one men just see her as another thing to conquer. Her mother always backed her up.

Too many men had asked her, more often than not so nonchalantly, for when will their wife will be serviceable once more? Followed with a joke of how maybe she should've just died so he could find a "fresh one". A whisper so soft on her mind's ears, the message anything but, and Darshana's eyes were alit with new-found flames. A deal she hesitated for no time at all, a champion made. When blade met skin, first blood was drawn, and with it the deal was sealed.

- Kali's Champion

The sweet, sweet taste of vengeance. Somehow, Shan knew it would be the first of many. However, reality quickly caught up to her, and she was left with a breathless man on her feet, his body on a pool of blood, slowly beginning to become stiff, his wife and crying baby in the next room. Another whisper. No matter, She said. The deed was done. The task was done. Her hand dropped the blade. When it touched the floor, no clanging sound was made, as it turned into a sheath. Her mother rushes into the room, wiping her hand. And goes immediately to Darshana, hands on her arms, head, making sure she was unharmed. A tight hug. She could remember that moment, still, clear as day. When her mother's embrace no longer brought comfort. Like a stranger's. Though the rest of that day was a haze.

Since then, she was a nomad. A restless soldier. Either fighting the loud battle during wars or silently carving a throat open in the darkness of quiet nights, Darshana has covered all bases of deaths. Staying true to her vow, as part of the (very) bloody deal struck on a whim, she carves a path of death and destruction wherever she goes. If someone's been taking attendance on all wars since 582 CE, be it civil, world, between tribes, she'd come out exemplary. She might not have a hand in starting them- that was another Vindex or simple mortals' doings- but she sure does know how to end one. Even with entire civilizations ceasing to end, there seem to be another one right around the corner screaming "me next!"

- Present

Though things have quieted down for a few decades, well, comparably, at least, Shan was still keeping up with her duties. As a side, for a bit of fun, a rather new thing she just discovered post WWII, recently she's taken a liking to being a hitman. These days, she's no longer living in the trenches, and has posted up rather lushly on a loft in New York.

VINDEX
blessing:
an absolute beast on the battlefield, nothing could stand in her way. she could tap into a never ending well of rage to fuel her very destructive path. once the warpath is set, she'd lead at the front, and would not stop until the ground was covered with remains, herself dark with blood.
when in need, she could call on one or two pair of extra arms, along with the weapons necessary to make her the most efficient killing machine to ever grace battlegrounds.
drinking the blood she draws on the battlefield allows her to continue her rampage without the need of rest.
curse: every body was a child, once. their mother's sons and daughters. every soul she's slain, she's to feel grief as their mother would.
mortal trade: the soft and gentleness of being human. the tender touch of a mother, a hand brushing on her head. hands entwined, the absent-minded movement of a thumb, rubbing circles. a cut up plate of fruit. a cup of tea brewed, extra cinnamon. a kiss on the temple. a blow on a boo-boo. she at least had a mother once. surely she'd felt it. so why does it seem so foreign, so alien? all those gestures are now, empty.
skill/talent: having handled and wielded countless (and probably all) man-made weapons, from swords to rifles, Darshana can grasp their uses often just by looking and is able to wield one with the grace of its master in no time at all.
relic: a sheath, seemingly void of a blade, but in the hands of a wronged wife or mother, a scimitar will be called upon, to bring death upon their enemies. and it will leave no trace to its wielder, disappearing once again after its purpose is done.

feelings: resigned.
though she's been cheating it, death is absolute. she's always known that. like a good soldier, she marches on. she gladly bears the weight of it all, if a little good were to come out of it in the end. she'd be lying if she said she doesn't enjoy it sometimes, especially when it's justified. knowing she helps right a wrong brings her a sense of peculiar comfort. and when it doesn't, well, she knows there's more misery in this earth than its counterpart. this is the life she agreed to, right? how could she be anything but grateful to the one who answered her prayers when the one she prayed to stayed silent, who satiated her vengeance for the first time, and kept letting her taste the sweet taste of it over and over again?

relations:
IUDEX
Though she may not agree with his methods nor lack of action, they could find a certain affinity in the willingness to defend their Goddess.
Having only been existing for over a millennium, the thought of being his age fills her with dread, and might've been one of the reasons she's willing to fight to reclaim the right for her own life back.
RECTIO
To put it very lightly, they butthead a lot. The only authority Shan recognizes over her is Maa Kali, and she's proven to be difficult more than once whenever they try to pull rank. The weight of the matter matters not to Darshana regarding their leadership, and this time it's no different.
ARTIS
They couldn't be more different. Shan couldn't imagine ever putting so much thought into her actions. Especially knowing how easy it is to just throwing ingredients to a pot and wait for the result and act on that, with all the time in their hands. She respects one who plays the long game, though not without a hint of fear, knowing what they could do with that kind of meticulousness.
FIDEM
She thinks they're foolish, and has outwardly said so on several occasions. While her Goddess is true, she's not so obviously blind to the other Gods' doing to think them virtuous. Though she wouldn't waste her time on proving their viewpoint wrong. She's got all the time in the world to watch it's eventual happening.
VERUM
Though more often than not she's one of the reasons why things are the way they are, Shan hopes they don't resent her to much for it, since she likes conversations with them most. Still, at the end of the day, truth is always subjective, she knows that best, and likes to remind them that.
SANITAS
If she could still feel guilt, Shan would find herself often apologizing to them. She admits she finds it kind of fun to watch their effort fruitless from her doings sometimes. Another foolish endeavor within the Vindex. If it's known to her that they willingly chose this life, still, for whatever twisted purpose, she'd be so angry.
FERUS
The only time Darshana was ever careful is around them. She tries her best to keep up with their unpredictability, craftiness and trickery. And suddenly, she knows what it feels like to be on the receiving end of someone else being a pain in the ass. They probably also "butt head" a lot on the other end of the spectrum from Rectio.
MANUS MORTIS
She understands death, and being surrounded by them. She sympathizes with him most, to the best of her limited ability to do so. She pities them, almost. Because at least she still feel some relief in enacting her vows.

Last edited:

Terris Entranta

Sirona's Salvation

• Appearance

Excerpt from the Journal of William Rivers, 1186.

'Joan of Holland is, without a doubt, the fairest maid in Kent. Perhaps the fairest in all of England. Supple skin and a shapely head, crowned with gilded locks, she has inherited her mother's desirable features and the emerald of her father's eyes. She stands as a woman should, a head shorter than most noblemen, but she doesn't drop her gaze to the ground in their presence. Many would scoff at such brazen imprudence, but there is a certain charm to it, I believe. They say, after all, it may be more difficult to break the wildest of steeds, but they shall be the swiftest.

'The governess mentioned in passing that Joan was born in the Year of Our Lord, 1170, so she will have seen sixteen summers by now. It is long overdue someone should win her hand. After I claim victory at the tourney, I shall ask Lord Holland for his blessing, then take her as my wife. Should that fail, I will woo Joan myself; we will elope, perhaps escape to the North, or Denmark. There is no hesitation in my mind, I must have her.'

Editor's Note: William Rivers, known to many as the Knight of Glass, eventually married Joan in secret, with two witnesses. His plan fell apart when he joined Henry II's campaign in France. Outraged that her daughter had married a lowly hedge knight, Joan's mother requested the Archbishop annul their marriage on the grounds of abandonment, so that she could marry her off to one of the King's nephews. William Rivers and Joan's own father died during Henry II's campaign. Joan herself was said to have been executed at the age of thirty, ironically in a fort not far from where her father and first beloved perished.

Gallery

9f0100767e2b0316ee1bc54f056030aa.gif

image12.jpg

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

filler! ignore!

♡design by latte, coded by uxie♡

If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.

ALTHEA DAVIS

• warning!

"Nothing ever ends poetically. It ends and we turn it into poetry. All that blood was never beautiful, it was just red." - Kait Rolowski

[ tws: death, trauma, reference to the holocaust ]

i agree

Last edited:

h.j.h.

서예슬

sanitas

The one that keeps all things level and together, they willingly chose this life to keep order among the chosen.

• requisite.

full name

Emre Kundakci

twenty-nine

Cis-male

sexuality

bisexual biromantic

occupation

Chief Executive

role

sanitas

visage.

scroll

height

5'11"

hair colour

blonde

eye colour

blue

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

k.d.

서예슬

manus mortis

Dead people receive more flowers than living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude.

• requisite.

full name

Kavi Deshmukh

33 at death, 4623 now

male

sexuality

bisexual

occupation

surgeon

deity

anubis

basics.