Insights from Autochthonians

Cthulhu_Wakes

Black Sun in a White World
It's interesting, this is the first time I've picked the book up in some time, and I see interesting things all the while. Like, Auto's own akuma, where in he takes an Exalt who pledges fealty to him and the Divine Ministers. They can summon the Exalt at any time across any plane of existance with but a thought. They replace your heart with an essence reservoir...it's wiggy.

Then there's the matter of Slacstag, Elemental Dragon of Crystal (Lesser) that was basically a recon drone during the Primordial war, has PERFECT recorded memory of everything it has seen and will gladly recall for anyone who comes to the reaches to talk with it. "It remembers the acrid stench of the air when the first Primoridal, all it's compentent souls slain, fell into it's long descent into death. And the look on the Unconquered Sun's face when the surviving Primordials swore oaths of fealty to the gods."

I mean, that's awesome. Imagine what anyone could find out if it was known? Say a group of PCs of any Exalt type get into Auto and read or hear about this dragon? It would be an epic quest like no other, for the words from the Time before Time. I like it...I may do it sometime soon.

Well, there had to be some kind of hook for the non-Alchie-fanboys to use Autochthonians, right?

Just remember, Slacstag was an intelligent recon drone. He may recall those events without much of the bias as a second-hand account would include, but to say that he won't have any bias would be stretching it...

Or, I can just ignore the book and all the silly machine-stuff it contains and go play Exalted with...

Hrm. I guess people don't want to hear this ;P Ill just keep quiet now.

Well' date=' there had to be some kind of hook for the non-Alchie-fanboys to use [i']Autochthonians[/i], right?
 Just remember, Slacstag was an intelligent recon drone. He may recall those events without much of the bias as a second-hand account would include, but to say that he won't have any bias would be stretching it...
Yes, yes, but still! Even if it is biased, who gives a damn! Think of what the PCs would find out about Ages past! I'd find it to be a hell of a hook.

I keep thinking I might like to get the Autobot book just for fun... it's really cheap on Amazon now.

And my unemployment just kicked in. In the usual inefficient manner of human systems, I am getting paid more in unemployment than when I was working.

Only in Michigan©...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back