• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom In Great Corruption [Reserved]

Syrrus

Wishful bard
Rogers had always looked out the window and seen injustice. Even as a small child. He could feel sick to the stomach by watching other kids torture and play with frogs. He felt his blood boil when facing bullies, and as he grew up he would shake in rage while reading the news paper.

Steve was a kind young man. Too skinny and too sickly to be able to defend the world from the bad. As the world war rolled in and his best friend was allowed to join the defences Steve had tried multiple times to do the same. Rejected each and every time. He despised the tests, hated his frail body and sometimes even cursed the doctors for putting the red stamp on his medical file. Who would have thought that the kind German scientist with the round bookish glasses and messy short beard would be the first person to believe in him.

Steve sat outside the test chamber, he was dangling his feet off of the bench, nervously tapping his fingers on his knees. His eyes kept darting to the clock above the door. He has arrived to the back Street of Brooklyn early, been guided through the back door into the old Hospital building. He hadn't expected so many soldiers. He had not seen so many large military men in one place before. They towered over him like pillars holding up the roof. He was not a coward but even their stare made him stare down at his feet, suddenly shy.

Rogers wanted to speak with the kind German doctor. He wanted to know exactly how he could be of any use to anyone. Could he actually deal with the corruption of New York? Him? Without the police who sometimes caused more damage than the criminals.

It seemed unreal.

"We don't allow the press in here. Not yet." A female voice entered the corridor and Steve instantly rose to his feet and removed his baker boy hat as quickly as he could manage. He held it tightly to his chest, looking at his dirty shoes while pulling the suspenders of his trousers up over his shoulder. He then curiously looked towards the woman.

"He's not ready to speak to anyone. His name? Rogers, that's all you people need to know."

"Excuse me, ma'am?" Steve gave the Secretary a weak smile. "If it's me you are refering to I don't mind, if it keeps them off you." He wanted to help her, like he wanted to help everyone. She looked at him and sighed. "Alright. Very well. But only one! First come first serve. This is not a conference hall."

Two years back a single man- no, thing changed my life forever. Call him Adrian Toomes, call him Vulture, I'll still call him the bastard who killed my Uncle. Now he's hidden off in the shadows for me to sit and cry about it. Well too bad for this low life, I'm from Queens, so he's getting a beat-down. The only problem is, this guys is a monster, I'm a man, there was no way I could take the bird down.

Luckily for me, the bugle had a story, a lead of where Vulture was going to. A warehouse in Brooklyn, Alchemex Wares. Jameson put into the paper that there was a flying man spotted there. There he is! I said to myself, watching him open a crate with a strange light. I didn't care what was in the crate, this bitch needed to die. "Eat lead, Birdbrain!" I yelled, pulling out a revolver. Before I could shoot him, he threw something at me, I couldn't tell what, but it began to squeeze it's fangs into my thumb. "Gaaaaaaaahhhh!" I roared, striking the ground and falling unconscious.

I don't remember what happened after, but I do remember a dream of some sort of History person talking to me in a weird language, bestowing me with gifts. The power to see someone, or something before they saw me. I could wrap someone in a weaving similar to webs to stop others. I could climb walls with no handholds and I was gifted with immeasurable strength and Endurance.

When I awoke, I tried out my powers. But then I remembered, "Toomes!" I chased him until I couldn't see him anymore. "Damn you, Toomes! I swear, I'll find you! And you'll regret it!" But for now, I had a job to do. I ran back to the bugle after gathering some pictures I took of Vulture while chasing him. "For this, I give you a Dollar Seventy-Five, Parker" Jameson said putting the money on the table. "But, yesterday you said a picture of Toomes was worth Seventeen Dolla-" "Shut up Parker or I make that One Seventy-Five to a Dollar! Now, get home. Come back tomorrow for directions."

Steve had deffinetly not realized how intense a reporter could be, and how many strange questions they could throw his way. Never had he said the words 'I don't know' so many times the same day. It had dawned on him that he knew nothing, absolutely nothing, about what was going to happen to him. So when the doctor's assistant pulled him along and into the lab he suddenly felt nervous. Almost a little scared.

He nervously stepped up to the German scientist and gave him a faint smile. What was his name again? In his stressed Steve had completely forgotten simple information. The German seemed far too preoccupied talking to a currier. Something had apparently been stolen but before the awkward American could figure out what - he wasn't so good with the agency talk - he had been put on a surgical table, shirtless and looking scrawnier than before - however that was possible.

"Is this going to hurt, doc?" He tried to sound courageous but ended up feeling cringey. "Doctor."

Alena smiled and a answer "Yes" was all he got. Then his blood a tarted to boil and his bones to crack. He didn't know what happened at that point, or how, but when he woke up he looked a lot taller and... broader than he remembered.

"See ya tomorrow, Jameson..." I fell to bed and had a sleepless night. I couldn't get that dream out of my head. Sas it 'Spider Theyus?' or "Specter Sheyurf?' I don't know, but I think it was Spider Something.

I awoke the next morning to Aunt May telling me to rush to work on the double, "Let me eat my cereal, May." I said, pulling up my trench coat over my suspenders. "I got a call from your boss. He wants you t-" I left the room and sped to the bugle. "PARKER?! WHERES PARKER?!" Jameson yelled to Ned as he switched his cigar. "He j-just checked in, s-sir." "Fantastic. Spectacular. Get him to my office now!" I could hear him from the door. I walked casually to his office. "Parker. Get a cab to Brooklyn. We got some sort of government shenanigans there. Think it's on Markson and Wolfe." "Fine, boss."

To save money and time a just web-zipped by way there. There was already a crowd arising. "Hey! Hey get n the back!" I said pulling out my camera and pointing it to the shirtless guy. "Hey, hey blondy. I'm from the bugle in Queens. Could I snap a few photos?"

Steve didn'the know what to say. The attention was making him emberessed, he had just gotten up. His legs felt ungainly, almost comical. He was at least double the size he had been before. Blondy? He hadn't been called any of the sorts in a long time. He stared at the flashing lights and raised a hand in confusion.

"What has happened exactly?" The question was directed towards the Doctor, who was scribbling something down on a piece of paper.

"Ze zerum worked my friend. You have changed." He knocked a finger on his own chest. "Almost entierly, too. If I may zay so."

He them left, having many things to do, much research to continue. He said something to another scientist, while a nurse was taking a blood test on Steve.

Rogers looked over at the loud camera man who called him by his hair colour. Steve pulled a shirt on, sheepishly. "I don't see why you would..."

"Look, man. Just trying to make a living around here. Actually in Queens. I need your picture for the Daily Bugle. Big story here." I said in a raspy voice. My throat was parched and I was getting a bit impatient with 'ol Bicep over here, "But seriously, Muscles, need the picture and an interview or else my paycheck will be in negative numbers, got me?"

Steve blinked. "I- alright, sure." He was a Yes man, sadly. Too quick to agree if it meant helping someone. "Interview sounds fine by me, I can't say if it's going to be useful to you." He started to feel hungry. Strange. He had been eating plenty before the... experiment, as he had been told. Now he felt as if he was starving.

Steve patted his new jeans and noticed his wallet. Good. "Food?" He asked the reporter. "While we talk I mean. My treat. I really need to get some burgers or hotdogs... anything really."

"Maybe I could go for something too, Bicep. I'm not too sure about dogs or burgers, but there's a place near here with pretty good Chinese food. I mean, if you got the stomach for it," the new Spider-man returned. He was a sucker for Chinese food and felt as if he needed more in his system. He felt different after the bite from that-that spider-god? He was still unsure, but what he did know was that he had to make sure that Quadriceps wasn't going to turn moldy.... kind of like the Chinese food he was going to consume.

"Sure, sure." Steve thought little about where they were going, he just needed something to eat. He looked towards the nurse next to him, almost as if he was about to ask for permission to leave, like some child who's just been at daycare. He shook his head quickly, feeling slightly sheepish. "I'll be off, unless--"

"Be here tomorrow, Mister Rogerz." said the german doctor, without looking his way. "I need to run some tests. If you feel anyzhink strange please contact me instantly."

Steve nodded and then hurried past Parker without really realizing how long his steps was, or how quick he had become. "This way, right? I have never been to this Chinese place before. Is it good?"

"It's my personal favorite," I returned, "But, the good one is this way," I told him as my finger pointed down left. I had no trouble keeping up with Triceps, as I had been given more endurance and speed anyways. We were almost to the restaurant.

I began interviewing him, "Okay, Steve, the people wanna know your original height and weight first." I said, opening the door of the restaurant. It smelled great! I couldn't wait to get my hands on some good dumplings! I then looked back at blondy for his answer and request of food.

Steve got hit by the sent of spice and fried meats. He blinked in confusion - at theach question not the smell. "Original size? Eh..." He wasn't quite sure. Or well, he was very sure. The military had turned him down for his weight and size multiple times. "About... this tall?" He gestured with his hand to the journalist's shoulder. "And I'miss not sure about the weight. Below avarage." Deffinetly.

He nodded at the woman standing on the other side of the counter. "I'll have... rice. And... one of each. I also would like a side of springrolls. Thanks."

He then looked at Parker. "My weight that is. Below avarage for a... fifteen years old."

I looked to the lady working the food. She was writing down Blondy's order when I tole her mine. "Hey I'd like some spicy dumplings with dragon sauce. Fork instead of chops, got it?" as more of an end to my thought than a question. I scoffed at is answers. "A'ight I'll just put down: small and bony." I just then noticed his height. This guy must've been about 6'2'' if I'm 5'11''.

She returned with the food. I picked my nostril-burning cup and gave the tray with the bowl of rice to Steve. I went to my chair and reclined into it, undoing the cardboard sealing. I used the fork to tangle the dumplings and landed them into my mouth. Absolutely disgusting. Just how I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back