In a land far away...

Dugym

One Thousand Club

This is a writing prompt game! All you have to do is write a story (short or long, I don't care) that starts with the writing prompt given by the above person, then give your own writing prompt! 

Rules

1. Don't make a completely ridiculous story unless the writing prompt is ridiculous. This forum game is on the serious side of the spectrum.

2. Always include the writing prompt in your post.

3. Don't make it too easy for yourself. If the writer gives a difficult writing prompt, or any prompt, you cannot say something like: "It was all a dream!"

3a. You can do this, however, if the writing prompt is about a dream.

4. If the above person doesn't include a writing prompt in their post, you may do one instead. You cannot do the writing prompt you made (I.E. you can't make a writing prompt, write a story about it, then make another writing prompt).

5. Be as creative as possible! If you read a writing prompt, avoid the temptation to go with the easy option, and try to think of something more creative.

6. Stories must be at least 5 sentences, not including the writing prompt.

I'll start.

Everyone has simultaneously received a looping message on their phones, computers, and televisions. The message simply states "We know you're hiding here." Nobody knows what it means, but you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has simultaneously received a looping message on their phones, computers, and televisions. The message simply states "We know you're hiding here." Nobody knows what it means, but you do.

Jake was sleeping soundly when his mother came into the room and woke him up."honey there is something you should see" she said looking grimly at Jake. Climbing out of bed he didn't even bother to change out of his pj's as he walked down the stairs. before he could reach the bottom he froze spotting the tv."We know you're hiding here.We know you're hiding here" it kept saying and jake just stood there in fear. They had found him after 5 years of searching they had finally found him, he looked over at his mom who had tears in her eyes and she said "Do you really have to leave" she sobbed and Jake nodded sadly. She rushed towards him and hugged him tightly "Oh my darling boy please don't go not again" but he just pushed her off tears in his eyes."mom you know i must" he said before walking out the door leaving his crying mother behind.He had to escape to lead them away so they couldn't harm anyone not again,and climbing into his space ship he had crafted himself he started the engine and started his trip to somewhere safe.

(Next one)

You have woken up to find everyone has gone. there is no trace of where they went except for a little doll and a wall with red words saying "They are back".

You have woken up to find everyone has gone. there is no trace of where they went except for a little doll and a wall with red words saying "They are back".

James stared at the red words, written in blood. Blood of his friends, only the cursed doll sat in the room. The plastic doll face that smiled oh so mockingly aat his misery. Traitors. All of them. How could they?! It was his plan. His idea. His everything. Traitors. Liars. A raspy laugh filled the empty room. ''It's just you and me. Just you and me.'' 

Prompt: You live all alone but one day signs of another living being start to occur in your house. Nothing is serious until you suddenly all windows and doors are locked.

Annie was going about drinking her morning cup of tea of 7:15am as she watched the morning news. All of a sudden she could feel somebody standing behind her so she looked behind and nobody was there. So Annie thought it was her head playing trick on her so she carried on watching telly. About half an hour later she was about to get changed but half way up the stairs she heard something fall and break from the kitchen. "MM that is odd." So she slowly walked into the kitchen making sure that she picked up her umbrella on the way. When she got there she looked towards the window which was open she relaxed a bit thinking that it was just the wind. She was about to turn when The window bang shut and she could here the back door closing. She ran towards the door and turned to open it she tries to open it but it was locked. She ran towards the front door and the same thing she was really scared. "OK who ever in here please stop messing about. This is not funny. I need you to leave this very second." As soon as she said that there was a loud knock on the door and she turned around and she seen a man right up the glass pressing his face against it smiling. I ran to my bedroom which doesn't have a lock so thankfully was open and closed the door behind me pushing the drawer in front of it. Annie picked up the phone and started calling the police.

Prompt: It was the evening and your favourite show is on but you know there is a mass killer on the lose in your area and you tried to think nothing on it till you see a man on your garden looking at your window.

"Hon, we have to leave the house now."

I twist my head around awkwardly to look at her. Like hell if I'm moving right now. I'm a 9.5/10 on the comfy scale, cocooned in blankets on the couch, my iPad balanced on my knees one foot away from my face. "Why? I'm watching My Little Pony right now and Twilight Sparkle just turned into an alicorn. Can't it wait?"

Her eyes are fixed on something out the window of our ground-level apartment. She nods at something in the distance. "Hon, it's on effing Netflix. You can watch it later. We need to leave now."

Grumbling, I dislodge an arm from my blanket cocoon and pause just at Twilight Sparkle meets Princess Celestia. Important pony business. Screw real life. I follow her gaze out the window. 

There is a strange man in the garden. Right. There is supposed to be a mass killer on the loose. 

"You don't think....?" My words trail off. 

Sirens in the distance.

She swears. 

A second of fear. Time stops.  And then--

I scramble out of the blankets and leave my iPad on the couch. I grab her hand and we make a run for the door. Just as her hand wraps around the doorknob, our ears are accosted by the sound of ten little cracks of thunder. I make a sound between a yell and a scream, but it is too late, we hear the sound of shattered glass falling to the ground and know he can only be second away. She wrenches the door open and we run, barefoot, into the corridor of our apartment building. We run around a corner, and up a flight of stairs. She already has her cell glued to her ear.

"9-1-1, the mass shooter is in our building!" She whispers as loud as she dares. 

I pull open the door to a broom cupboards and usher her inside. In the silence and darkness of the cramped space, she gives them our address. She whispers yes or no a few times. And then hangs up.

We wait. 

Silence. Except for our breathing. The blackness is so complete that I cannot even see the glisten of her eyes. I can feel her breathing- shallow, panicked beside me. We listen for sirens; there are none. Time is irrelevant. I wonder if my last few moments alive will be in this broom cupboard. What a sad way to go. I kiss her, her trembling lips that taste like cherry lip balm, and think that, if this is my last action, then I can die in peace. Well, maybe no in peace, but at least without regret. 

Then suddenly-- BAM! BAM! Two quick shots. 

She gasps, and I hug her close to me, feeling all her muscles and bones pressed into my chest and ribcage. Nothing happens for a minute, and then the sirens get louder. 

A loud voice full of authority tells us that the shooter has been apprehended, and we are all safe. 

She open the door to the broom cupboard, and we, on shaky legs, step slowly, gingerly back towards out apartment, where a police officer is already putting up a parameter of red tape, and tells us we cannot go any closer. As we turn around towards the apartment building exist, our hands clenched around each other, unable to speak from fear and adrenaline, we overhear a conversation of two police officers:  

"Can't believe the shooter stopped just to watch some Netflix on that iPad."

"What show?"

"My Little Pony."

I wonder if my iPad - the one I left laying on the couch- has been blown to smithereens.

writing prompt:

A time traveller has come to your place of work, where there are currently no customers. The time traveller offers to take your away from this place, and go adventuring to any time/era on earth. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back