• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bbcode Stuff

Salt Lord

┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴
I'm having problems with the heightrestrict bbcode in my Private Workshop and Welian doesn't seem to notice me tagging her. D:

Feel free to tag me and I can take a look when I get home tonight. Please note that a user will only get a tag when you make a new post with the tag. Adding a tag by editing it in after it has already been posted won't alert the user.

Welian is probably busy at school and on her phone right now or something.

I don't know if you've been told this before, but when you're doing more than just center, bold, italics and etc. for your code, you should really use the BBCode editor, NOT the rich text editor, because that has a tendency to copy codes and in general get really confused. I'm assuming that's why your image link has the img tag all over the place. Second, for your code, you forgot to replace "option" in the height restrict tag with a number.

a7cd34014a0f757.png

Code:
[heightrestrict=150][img=http://pixelartmaker.com/art/a7cd34014a0f757.png][/heightrestrict]

Here's probably more of what you're looking for. If it isn't tall enough for you, change 150 to a higher number until you feel that it's right and vice versa. Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much.

There's a bbcode editor...? How would one use that...?

In the top right corner of the textbox, you'll see a little wrench () which, if you click on it, will display the raw code of your post.

I just found that out. Thanks. :D

But another problem showed up. I added more detail to the picture you saw. I wanna use the newer one, but whenever I try to copy the URL (or in my case, because of my operating system, it shows up as "Copy image"), it won't let me paste it. I tried the link and that didn't work, either.

You can also go into your preferences and disable the rich text editor by unchecking the box beside the option, "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages". This way, you will not have to switch back and forth every time you construct a post.

Musician said:
You can also go into your preferences and disable the rich text editor by unchecking the box beside the option, "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages". This way, you will not have to switch back and forth every time you construct a post.
Thanks for the tip. :D

Also, Pine, I think I fixed the problem.

As for your current issue, copying and pasting the image itself into the post is not the most reliable way to code. Simply exit out of the RTE and use the normal coding for the image. You can right click and copy the image url.

You need to make sure your image float coding is around all of your material, including the border coding. Consider the following:

Code:
[imagefloat][border=1px solid black][img=url][/border][/imagefloat]

The image float code is an aligning piece of code, so anything inside it will be moved. That said, anything outside of it will remain unaffected.

That problem's solved, but now the border is way too tall for the image. Should I get rid of heightrestrict and make the image smaller at the source?

Or better yet, should I just leave all this stuff to the professionals...?

Did you place your border coding inside the height restrict coding? If so, move your border coding so it is in between the image float and height restrict. If you have further coding questions you can message me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back