New here.

GenericHenchman

Faceless Villain
Hi, I'm new to the site. Figured posting an introduction would be a good place to start.

I'm GenericHenchman, and I've been looking for a community where I can enjoy and polish my RP.

I could get into most types of genres, but have always loved futuristic/sci-fi themes.

Nice to meet you all.

I'm new as well! Nice to meet you!

Or possibly not even interact with each other outside of me saying hi!

Good luck! ^~^

[QUOTE="Sally The Shygal]I'm new as well! Nice to meet you!
Or possibly not even interact with each other outside of me saying hi!

Good luck! ^~^

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the welcome! Good luck to you, as well!

*chuckles* It seems that your future may be in this thread:

Futuristic

Also, a merry welcome to you GenericHenchman, how is it being a disposable mook? What do you guys charge these days? :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Tronethiel said:
*chuckles* It seems that your future may be in this thread:
Futuristic

Also, a merry welcome to you GenericHenchman, how is it being a disposable mook? What do you guys charge these days? :P
Believe it or not, our insurance is great. Our hours are amazing, and our boss is a real team-player and motivator. You probably get a lot of misinformation from all those Bond movies, or cartoons. But that's just anti-super villain propaganda. If you really want to get a good idea of what it's actually like to work for a madman bent on world domination, I believe there's a Simpsons episode that tells the true, if somewhat mundane story.

...We don't actually charge, unless you're an independent contractor. But we have a union, and there's a standard rate. Also, pay scales with organization size, and where the boss is on the "Mad-Scientist" chart.

GenericHenchman said:
Believe it or not, our insurance is great. Our hours are amazing, and our boss is a real team-player and motivator. You probably get a lot of misinformation from all those Bond movies, or cartoons. But that's just anti-super villain propaganda. If you really want to get a good idea of what it's actually like to work for a madman bent on world domination, I believe there's a Simpsons episode that tells the true, if somewhat mundane story.
I apologize for stereotyping you guys all these years. I guess even you can be valuable members of evil society!

Tronethiel said:
I apologize for stereotyping you guys all these years. I guess even you can be valuable members of evils society!
No apology necessary. Before being promoted to "Incentives Officer," I was actually in the human resources department. I loved giving out tours, and talking to both potential recruits and their families about operations. But upper-management found my talent for dealing with dissent among the ranks was notable enough for advancement, and here I am.

GenericHenchman said:
No apology necessary. Before being promoted to "Incentives Officer," I was actually in the human resources department. I loved giving out tours, and talking to both potential recruits and their families about operations. But upper-management found my talent for dealing with dissent among the ranks was notable enough for advancement, and here I am.
Wow. You have become quite the advocate for henchman life. You should consider starting a non-profit that brings awareness to the validity of the henchman life-style. You're real people too, after all.

Tronethiel said:
Wow. You have become quite the advocate for henchman life. You should consider starting a non-profit that brings awareness to the validity of the henchman life-style. You're real people too, after all.
This has been brought up, unfortunately according to my union rep-this sort of thing would be considered "advertising" and there's something of an image we Henchmen are trying to cultivate. One where we rather not advertise, but let people come to their own conclusions. We don't want to be like the so-called "super-heroes" who talk a big game about being good, upstanding, etc. While badmouthing the other side. You'd actually be quite surprised how many heroes are actually benefiting off of layman ignorance. I could talk about politics all day, and how it relates to hero-villain dynamics. But I have just received a call regarding a particularly troublesome agent running amok in our lair-one who seems to think that his Walther PPK won't ever run out of ammo, like in the movies.

Excuse me, as I must remind our little guest that we're not living some spy-thriller.

Who knew that a username could create such an amusing discussion. You are an inspiration to aspiring henchmen everywhere.

So, welcome to RPN! *throws confetti in air* I'm Kestrel, or Kes for short.

Kestrel said:
So, welcome to RPN! *throws confetti in air* I'm Kestrel, or Kes for short.
Kestrel said:
*throws confetti in air*
Kestrel said:
Qra_FL2QD4ZdPjNjigTW4dAc8LTiicstM_D1-We1RIaU3e77HL-gKgYV0O3YKgXhLbJPsqVY=w320-h320-nc

GenericHenchman said:
Thanks for the warm welcome Kestrel!
And...you as well Okashi. For umm....Good use of quotes there, buddy. :P
Why thank you~ <3

Anyways, welcome to the guild known as RPNation! (My phone ate the welcoming message on my previous post)

Phones will scavenge for anything they can get when they're hungry. Now the fire truck on the other hand, did you know it can consume eight times its body weight?

Hey Generic! Welcome to the site! I see @Tronethiel did a good job of directing you to your genre, so I'll give you my welcomings instead.

Good to see you part of the community. I'm sure you'll find a home here, and will stay a while. I'm always happy to answer any question/concerns that you may have. Of course, other experienced members or staff are usually happy to help as well. Feel free to throw me an @Jazzy if you need me! Have a great time here and remember to stay creative! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back