• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Elven Realms

StellaDiamond

Aureus Tenebris
In the Elven Kingdom, There are 8 clans. The Sun and Moon clan (aka Gold and silver class) are both Royals, within a two separate palaces. The Sun, Moon, and Star clans are within the High class. Then, there's the Mystic class, that has the Dark Elves(harness shadows), and the Pixie clan(have "fairy like wings" harness color). The Mystic class is within the Common Class. The common class has Dark, Pixie, Wood(Live in trees, harness power of nature(plants)), Water(live near or on the water, harness power of H2O), and Earth Elves(live under ground, can manipulate earth). There was once a large feud between the Sun and Moon clans, so the Princess of the Sun Elves agreed to be married to the Prince of the Moon Elves. They were married 14 years ago, and still every soul in the kingdom is of total ignorance towards the Queen's secret. Well, all but one...

Last edited by a moderator:
I run through the forest flaming with fury.

"My dad is so dumb!" I say audibly. I don't care if anyone can hear, because my dad is being so annoying. Every time I even mention mom he gets so uncomfortable and he promised me that I would meet her one day. Well, it's definitely one day I mean, I'm 19 for goodness sakes, he made me that promis when I was 5! My dad is just soooooo duuuuuumb!

"GAAAAAAAH!" I shout. Suddenly, I hear some tussling in the bushes behind me...

Anthriel awoke with a yawn, her slender arms stretching high above her head and eyes clenched shut. As her arms were brought back down, those amazing emerald orbs were revealed. They gazed about blearily for a moment before tiny fists were brought up to rub the sleep from them. Ah, that was much better now. Everything came into focus.

Her expression was one awe at the beauty of the garden. Sure she had lived there for all of her twenty years, but her love for it would never fade. The garden was at it's finest first thing in the morning. Everything was covered in a light dew, still perky from the cool night air. The flowers turned their heads up to the sun, not yet weary from enduring the heat all day. New blooms had opened overnight. Even the animals were more at peace before the rest of the world awakened around them. Each morning was a new beginning.

The girl arose at last, wandering over to a cool stream. Her hands were cupped to collect some of the cool, sweet water. She brought it up to her mouth, drinking it in slowly, eyes closed as she listened to the music of the forest. The next collection of water was splashed onto her face. The cool liquid against her skin was invigorating. All final traces of sleep were now removed, and she was wide awake.

After placing her hair into a loose braid, it was decided that a walk would be nice on a morning like this. A curtain of vines was draped over the entrance to the garden after her lithe form had passed through. It was her home and must be protected. With that accomplished, Anthriel began her walk, listening to the happy chatter of the trees as she went. It seemed everyone was in a pleasant mood on this day.

Vincent's gloves for potion mix were lost in he travel bag, he hasn't slept for days and the horse he rode made him feel a bit more dizzy. He felt as if he could faint any second but he strode on. Every minute his eyes grew more and more drowsy, he couldn't stop in daylight though. It was barely even morning.

Due to the lack of sleep he grew weak and helpless. Even if he had to sleep in a pig barn he'd be fine with it. The dark elf had no choice but to stop the horse and rest under a large tree. His white hair rested upon his pale skin, his clothes had a color skim to blend in with the mystic colors of the forest.

His eyes were closed shut and he fell asleep instantly.

He awoke, still with not enough sleep. The morning had the sun out fully and the cold morning breeze still brushed gently on the forest. Vincent pushed himself to travel a bit more. He was currently in the state he was before the nap, his eyes closing for him, the weakness of his arms. It made him irritated, luckily no one was around to hear him in that state.

He grew too weak, he felt too dizzy, hunger taunted him too. He could here footsteps. He readied his sword and yet he saw a girl. Most likely on a sunrise stroll, looking around the forest happily. He tried to ride to the girl but his lack of sleep was to great. He passed out on the horse, falling to the right of him. All he could remember was the beautiful girl. The braid she wore gave a innocence to her. The leafs and bushes brusseled as he fell. It was loud enough to be noticed from the far.

RAAAAWR!!!!!

"Oh my god dad, I'm like nine-teen, you can't keep doing that!"

"But it's funny," he said with a smirk.

"Not to me. Why are following me, I told you I was just going for a walk."

"The forest is a dangerous place my dear Aure, and I just can't stand the Idea of my baby girl getting hurt."

"Dad, the forest isn't dengerous if you know how harness the darkness, which I do. And besides, did you not hear me when I said I was nine-teen? Even if it were dangerous I would be able to protect my self. I'm grown up dad, you need to stop treating me like a child."

"Okay, I should probably go whip up some lunch anyway." And with that he disappeared into the darkness of the forest shadows.

It's pretty hard to tell if it's night or day since it's always dark, so I guess it wasn't morning after all. I keep walking until I think I see the silhouette of an elf. He's laying on the ground motionless. Now I also see a horse a few feet away from him grassing calmly, as if this were not strange in anyway. I start running towards them, hoping that the elf on the ground isn't dead. I start out in a dead sprint threw the forest, dodging rock and roots and bushes and then I get to them. There is something about this motionless man, he... He's kind of cute. Life or death, right.

I lay my head down on his chest. Thank the gods, he's alive. I poke his shoulder in hopes he'll wake up. Nothing. I shove him gently. Nothing. I decide since I don't know him I shouldn't try using pain to wake him, so sit down and rest me back on a tree a few feet from him. I have nothing to do today, as good a time as any to just, wait.

It wasn't long for Vincent to awake. His dark shade of blue mixed with a icey blue eyes searched around to see his surroundings. He saw a young, very young looking girl, if she helpped him recover that'd be of great honor. But he didn't want to bother her since she probably had a family or protective father that wouldn't allow him. He turned his head toward her with a kind and charming smile. "Thank you, I must have fallen off my steed." He sat up and soon got on his feet. "I would appreciate a bit more help but I must keep going." He offered the girl help to stand up and he did so. He petted his horse, "Now Niven, we must go." Vicent was still tired.

He turned to the girl being much more taller than her. He patted the top he head. "If I faint a second time please take care of me, but I doubt that will happen." He smiled kindly again and got on his knee and kissed her hand. "Thank you again maiden."

He looked up to her with his focus I her eyes. Vincent got on his horse and went near the girl. "Where's the nearest town, and may I ask your name?" The charming smile still planted on his face.

Meanwhile Sky awaited for travelers to seek for help. He was lonely and bored as usual but he just swam in his home.

"Oh, uh, town? The nearest town is my village!" I say timidly then transferring to excitement.

Oh, and also, my name is Aureu... Aure, just Aure" (Elves can speak Latin, so her full name would give away her secret)

"May I get on your horse?"

Vincent gives a gentle nod of his head. I then clumsily climb on the back of his horse and I give him directions to my village. When we arrive, there is a great commotion at the center of town, seeing as it is Saturday. (Weekends are for trade marketing, every other day you must pay with silver, copper, gold, or bronze) Well, I suppose this is the part where I get off your horse and go home. I jump off the horse barely more sophisticatedly than I got on it. I start to walk away when I hear him shout, "Same time tomorrow?"

"Oh but of course my kind sir," I respond, as I then run off into the forest.

~Sorry if I portrayed Vincent differently than you would have liked me to

Lotharn rode through the forest, keeping his hood up to conceal his features. He had roamed the elven kingdoms for the last few years, selling his services to the highest bidder. It seemed there was always someone that needed his services, be it one noble or another, it seemed that all of them desired some one's lands. He had no preference, no alliegence to any kingdom or noble. He had been traveling for some time and he knew his horse needed to rest. He came to a stream and dismounted letting his horse drink its fill and graze on the green and succulent grass near by. He himself gathered dry wood and a number of large rocks to make a fire and to construct a tripod to hang his small iron pot over. Filling it with cool, clear water of the stream he added dried beef and some vegetables that he had bought in the last village had been in.

Soon the smell of cooked stew was filling the air and it made him smile. He removed the pot from the fire and poured its contents into a wooden bowl and slowly began to eat it as he sat on a large rock, looking out over the stream into the forest. It was quiet and beautiful. For one of the Dark Elves, he loved the forest. It was always clean and had so many scents. The sound of it's inhabitents could be herd and he saw various ones hre and there. A rabbit hopping through the brush, stopping long enough to sniff the air and look about him. A squirrel in the tree, scurrying about the branches, a deer moving through the trees. He enjoyed it and for a dark elf that was indeed a strange thing.

Anthriel paused to take a deep breath, noting something odd in the air. It was the aroma of a hot, cooked meal, an oddity in this part of the woods. The whispers of the trees, small voices that only a wood elf could hear, led her onward to ward it's source. She soon saw the dancing of fire through the trees and began to edge closer more cautiously. A man was sat beside the fire, his hands cupped around a wooden bowl. This must be the source of the the smell. Her stomach began to grumble, and she placed a hand over it, willing it to quiet down. This man was a stranger. It could not be said yet whether having his attention would be dangerous or not.

She crept closer still, wishing to get a better look. This proved difficult as the man wore a hood that hid his facial features. It could be said that he was large and seemed as though he could handle himself. This was worrisome to such a tiny creature as she. The little elf maiden was simply a healer. There were no fighting skills to speak of, not that she would put them to use if she had them. It simply wasn't in her nature to harm any creature at all. No, it was in a wood elf's nature to nurture, especially this one.

Lotharn heard something. His hearing as with all elves were quite good. At first he thought it might be another animal, perhaps a buck that was looking for the doe he had seen earlier, or perhaps a bear. But a bear would not be trying to move lightly and to hide. He sighed and placed his pot upon the fire once more and added more food to it. It would seem that he was about to have a guest. He smiled under his cloaks hood and continued to eat his meal. Once he had finished he went to the stream and washed his bowl and spoon and returned to the fire. Who ever it was, seemed to be cureious about him. Once he sat again he lowered his hood so his face could be seen.

He sat down and stirred the food in the pot. Again the smell of food cooking filled the air and he looked in the direction of where he had heard the soft pad of feet. "You had best come out. There is no sense in you lurking about. If you wish you may come and enjoy the fire and a bowl of good food." he smiled and stirred the food some more. "I won't bite if that is what is worrying you." there was a touch of amusement in his voice.

A small gasp escape her soft, full lips as stranger had addressed her. She stood frozen in place, assessing the situation, nervous about this newcomer. The stranger had lowered his hood, allowing her to see his face, a sure sign of good faith. He'd asked her to join him and had not taken an aggressive stance. No swords had been drawn or any such thing. She saw no immediate threat but still approached cautiously.

As she came to stand before him, her eyes drank in every detail. Lotharn appeared to be a dark elf. Her father had told her stories of them when she was but a child. This man was beautiful. His pale facial features were sculpted perfectly and contrasted nicely with his dark locks of hair. Simply stunning. He definitely looked like someone who could hold his own in a fight. This made her uneasy as she would easily be overpowered.

It suddenly occurred to Anthriel that she should probably speak. Until now, she merely stood with a look of childlike wonder. There were few visitors in these parts, and she'd never encounter such a fine example of dark beauty. The only dark think she'd ever experienced was the darkness of night. "I'm sorry I tried to creep up on you like that. I so rarely encounter others, so I wanted to be cautious." A small smile was offered, her eyes sparkling like two shining emeralds.

"A wise practice. One never knows what one might encounter in the forests." he gave her a pleasant smile and motioned for her to sit while he stirred the pot of food. "I did not think there would be anyone in this part of the forest. It is far from a city or a village." he spoke again. "My name is Lotharn." he introduced himself, "Lotharn the Archer." His bow and quiver of arrows lay up against the trunk of a tree not far away. The bow was elegantly carved and one could tell that it had been crafted with great care. He checked the stew and saw that the vegetables were soft and hot now so he poured the contents into the bowl and offered it to the Wood Elf.

He had not looked up from what he had been doing until then, What he saw was a beautiful wood elf and that made him smile again. "So tell me, why are you out here by yourself and not with others of your clan." he asked her. He studied her, the fine chisled features of her face, the graceful curves of her body, her wings which told him she had some Pixie in her, and the wide curious and beautiful eyes.

Anthriel wanted to kindly refuse the stew. It wasn't in her nature to accept gifts of any sort from others, but it seemed Lotharn had made more simply so that he might share. It would, in that case, be rude not to accept. She took the steaming bowl with a smile and breathed in the fine aroma. It seemed to fill her very soul with warmth. How lovely and comforting! Her stomach then grumbled, demanding that she skip smelling and move on to eating. Her cheeks burned with a color similar to that of the reddest rose in her garden. Of course her stomach would make such attractive sounds in front on this stunning man, the only man she'd encountered since coming of age. "Thank you kindly, Lotharn. I am Anthriel, the keeper of the garden."

She then took an opportunity to sip the broth from the bowl cupped in her dainty hands. It was thick and hearty, much unlike anything she'd had the pleasure of eating in quite some time. This also provided a moment for some contemplation. What would she tell this man about herself? "I...have you ever heard the story of Dorian and Leliel, the one with the garden? I'm not sure if dark elves tell their children that story." Her forehead wrinkled slightly as something seemed to occur to her, "I do apologize for making assumptions. If I may ask, you are a dark elf, aren't you? I've never encountered one before, only heard them described in the tales my father used to weave. He told the very best stories when I was a child."

The next day I rush to town square to wait for Vincent. I'm so exitited tha I kind of stumble there, knocking over trinkets from stands. "Sorry!" I exclaim often. I slow down my movement in order to better control my clumsy self. And notic that, like always, I'm the only blonde in the crowd. Maybe he just isn't here yet? So I wait. And wait. And wait. He never shows. A thought occurs to me. He said he wishes not bother me incase my family would disagree with me seeing a traveller with no true profesion.I sink down and sit on the ground. I sopose that means his "same time tomarrow" was either sarcastic, or spur of the moment. I guess I'll just go work on my magic.

I'm walking threw the forest and looking for a desent opening, where the treetops cover they sky, but the trees act like walls. I find one that is about 4 meters across and decide it will work. I check my surroundings one more time because if my dad caught me doing this, he'd be furious. When I know for sure that I am truly alone, I become slightly more relaxed. I motion my hands in a way that seems to pull golden light from hands. I form the light into a ball and dispers it into the opening. When the area lights up, a cool wind smelling of cooking vegetable wafts over me. And following the wind I hear faint giggles. I decid to follow where the sound came from, but first, gather back my light.

While following the smell, I heard a few more giggles and, maybe a mans voice? (elves have good hearing, but females hear better high pitches, and males hear better low piches.) I come to a spot where the forest naturally lightens up. And, very brightly may I add. Well, exploring a new realm is better than arguing with my dad any day. I cross the line, and within a few more steps I've found the source of laughter and delicious smells. I also found the source of the male voice. The girl apeeres to be around my age. I think she is a pixie wood elf? That would come in handy helping make beautiful flowers. The male just looks like a dark elf in his thirdies. All the bright light makes it hard to tell though. I try to sneak forward to get a better look, but right when I think I can see properly, I fall threw the bushes and into their camp sight.

Lotharn smiles and shakes his head. "No, I am sorry, I have not heard the tale. " he told Anthriel. "And yes I am a Dark Elf." he chuckled. He had not talked to any one for some time now. He had been traveling to the capital of the kingdom he was in. He had heard that there might be some trouble brewing there and was going to see if his services could be useful. Talking with the delightful Anthriel he had not heard the approach of yet another person, until she fell through the brush and into the open. He raised a brow and in instinct he reached for his bow as he stood. But he saw it was another elf, a female elf at that. He chuckled once again and shook his head. "It seems that I am honored with another guest." Taking a few steps he was standing over the prone form of the female elf. He offered his hand to help her up.

"It seems your forest here is alive with people today." and he laughed as he looked over at Anthriel. This was indeed a strange day for him it seemed. Two lovely ladies had graced his camp, and both had been sneaking around to see what he was up to. He sighed, "I am Lotharn the Archer," he said taking one of her hands, "Are you alright? You didn't hurt yourself did you?" he asked.

"oh, I'm fine my name is Aure, and I come from the dark elves" I say, slightly flustered and embarrassed "I'm sorry to have bothered you but I heard speak and I wanted to know who was just out in the forest. I hope you weren't planning on using those on me." I jester to word the bow and arrow Lotharn has lowered, but still in his hand. I rarely ever hear people out in the forest, but it is a good way to avoid interaction. At least, usually.

Anthriel had been preparing to tell her tale when both she and Lotharn became aware of another existence. She instinctively bristled. One stranger was odd enough, but they had begun to multiply. Why were so many people roaming this end of the forest? Was this a trap? Her paranoid mind was settled slightly when the man took a defensive stance. He had moved to protect her as no one ever had, but it turned out to be merely another woman. Another woman? Her face fell at the thought of sharing this beautiful man's attention with another woman. She'd never had the chance to hold the attention of a man and had quite enjoyed it. She refused to give it up so easily. Funny how jealousy appears in even those who are unaware such a thing exists.

Lotharn was making a fuss over the girl who called herself Aure. He'd insisted on helping her up and asking if she was alright.
I hope you weren't planning on using those on me. Anthriel mocked the other woman bitterly in her thoughts. Way to play the damsel in distress. She shifted uncomfortably, not understanding this bitterness and where it had come from. The other woman had done nothing to her or any of her precious plants, not on purpose anyway. Anyone could trip and fall into a bush. Still, this feeling was one that she couldn't shake. The trees grumbled darkly, sensing the wood elf's bitter mood. She turned her attention back to the bowl of stew, hoping that no one would notice.

As he helped Aure to her feet he looked over at Anthriel and could see something in her eyes that made him smile. "Well now if you are alright, please come and have a seat. Anthriel was just about to tell me about herself and I would like to hear what she has to say. He again took his seat and leaned his bow against the tree. Indeed this was strange, having two people randomly stumbling upon his camp and both being women. "You do not look like your are of the Dark Elves." he told Aure. "Not with the blond hair and the coloring of your eyes, and the coloring of your skin." Another story to be told he supposed, but first it was Anthriel's turn. It had been a long time since he had a woman that seemed interested in talking to him just for the purpose of talking. Most had been tavern wenches that wanted more then conversation and of course money for their time.

Besides he like the Wood Elf and the way she presented herself. "So you were about to tell me about yourself and why you are here in the woods all by yourself." He opened a water skin and drank from it. He hoped that there would be no further interuptions. Once he had heard Anthriel's story he would find out what Aure was doing out alone in the woods. If indeed the Kingdom was at odds with one of the other kingdoms then they should not be out alone. He would of course escort them both back to safety before he continued on to seek employment.

For a while we sit and listen to the girl talk, and then Lotharn turns to me and asks my story.

"Well, um, there uh, isn't really an explanation as to why I'm blonde because I'm just a dark elf, just, 100% dark elf, but I'm out in forest cuz I'm hiding from my father," I say trying, and failing, to keep my composer.

"Oh, and um, hi, I apologize for my rudeness you already know I'm Aure, but I haven't formally introduces myself you you." I reach out a friendly hand to the pixie in hopes she won't mind my accidental barging in. I'm not so sure she truly exempted my implyed apogizies. She introduces herself as Anthriel and sits back down, obviously uncomfortable with my presence. Only now that my eyes are adjusting do I realize how attractive this man is. He has beautiful chilled futures and an amazing smile. He seems to welcoming. I realize how woozy that fall made me and sit down the way I always do. Clumsily. These people must thing I'm a drunk I'm such a clutz. Then, I black out.

The tale of the beautiful pixie and the wood elf was woven as these two strangers listened. She told them of her parents and the garden, how her parents had been lost due to unrest in the lands. She told them how wood elves, those who had heard the story as children still came to see the garden. Those were the only people she ever seemed to come into contact with. She had mostly definitely never been in the company of two elves at once, especially not dark elves, the likes of which she'd never seen.

Anthriel was content now that Lotharn's attention had mostly returned to her. This small victory was only momentary as the one called Aure spoke to her. She gave the dark elf maiden's hand a small shake but remained wary of her presence. Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly as the girl seemed to look Lotharn over. Again with this odd feeling. Where had this bitterness come from? She ran out of time to ponder this as the other girl seemed to grow weak and black out. Anthriel moved to her side, cradling the other's head on her lap. Her fingertips were placed gingerly against Aure's temple and small swirls of green light poured from her fingertips to dance around the unconscious girl's forehead.

"I think she hit her head when she fell. I want to make sure she won't be in any pain when she awakens." Anthriel fell silent as the healing process continued. She may be jealous but would never allow harm to come to another. It was in her nature to nurture and care for all beings that needed her. It tore at her heart to think of another creature being in pain. "We'll need to allow her to rest for a while."

Again He could see something in the wood elf's eyes when she looked upon the other woman. Was she jelous that the other woman had come to interrupt them? It told him that she didn't get to meet many people and she had mentioned that she didn't get many visitors in the forest. Did she live there all by herself? She was to let him know what her story was but the other woman had seemed to have passed out. Anthriel said she may have hit her head when she fell into the camp. "Well then we had best make her comfortable." he picked her up and laid her on the blankets he had laid out from his bed roll. She would be a bit more comfortable there then on the cold ground. It was probably not any softer, but a bit warmer and every little bit helped. He could not remember the last time he had slept in a comfortable bed. The ground and his bed roll was his bed for some time now.

"So continue on. You still have not told me why you are out here all alone." Once Azure was laid upon the blankets he had turned his attention back to Anthriel. Azure's words just did not seem to make sense to him. She was a Dark Elf, but no Dark Elf looked like her. Why would she call her self one? Well that was a mystery he would have to solve upon her awakening. He took the empty bowl from Anthriel and washed it as he waited for her to tell him her story, and he washed the pot out as well and put them all away in the saddlebags of his horse.

"Well, I've told you the story of the garden's creation. It is my home and always has been. It represents love and how my came to be, how I came to be. Now that mama and papa are gone, it is all that I have, the last piece of my family. I couldn't possibly leave. That is how I came to find myself alone out here." Her emerald eyes shone with tears that threatened to fall. She attempted to blink them away but found that one had escaped and begun to glide across the curve of her cheek. She had promised herself that she would be strong, that she wouldn't waste tears on things that could not be change. Her gaze was lowered as she hoped beyond hope that he hadn't noticed.

After taking a moment to compose herself, she spokes again, "What brings you out here anyway? You're a long distance from the territory of the dark elves. That's what I've always been told anyway. I suppose I shouldn't speak of things I've only learned through the words of others." She her bottom lip, suddenly seeming unsure of herself. Shedding tears in front of this man had shaken Anthriel's confidence. Why should I care about the opinions of others, especially those who will be on their way soon enough and never seen again?

Lotharn raised a brow when she said she lived there. Alone in the forest without any companionship or anyone to talk to? Now that did not seem right. "Well this may be your home, but you need to leave here and find others that you can talk to and be with. Especially if there is trouble brewing between this kingdom and another. That is why I am here. I am what people call a mercenary. I sell my talent, in this case my ability with the bow to those that can afford me. I will be seeking service for a period of time with the army of the Kingdom. It will not be safe for you here. Perhaps you should come with me until the troubles are over and then you can come back if you so desire. He reached over and put a hand on her chin raising it up. "Why the tear? I think your parents would want you to go find people so that you will not be alone."

As if his words were that of a phrophet, there came the sounds of others in the forest. "There, she came this way. We must take her and be gone before any knows she is gone." Came a mans voice. Lotharn was on his feet in and instant and pulling Anthriel behind him so she was between him and the tree. Hegrabbed his bow and slung his quiver over his shoulder and drew and arrow and nocked it. The Elf pushed through the brush and came into the small clearing a sword in hand and an evil look on his face. He saw Lotharn and he charged. He was followed by a second one also with a sword in hand. Lotharn spoke a couple arcane words and his arrow glowed as he let it fly at the Elf. It hit him in the chest and penetrated his leather armor and suddenly the man was encased in ice. As quick as a blink of an eye, he had drawn a second arrow and it flew to its mark, the second elf that had charged in. This time the arrow burst in to flames as it hit the man and he went down as flames leaped about the front of him. He scanned the area quickly and heard no other. "You must come with me now. This place is not safe now."

I wake up as I hear screams of agony. Lotharn and Anthriel had left, but there were too men here instead. I wipe my eyes. One man appeared to be chared, and the other had ice around the arrow in his chest. There was blood everywhere. Why would they just leave me here if there was an obvious threat?! I mean, I barely knew them but I didn't think they were THAT rude. I suppose I should just go home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back