• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help How does the dice system work in general?

Tulik

The Lone Athgari
I’ve been looking to get more into the dice systems and GM, but I am completely clueless about how any of it works. How do you roll dice? How do you choose different dice? Do you determine stats like you would in a normal DnD game setting? Do I need to install dice features of any kind? Stuff like that.

There are lots of published dice systems out there, and you're also free to make up your own if you want. If you aren't already familiar with a dice system, I suggest picking up one of the published ones and seeing how they do it. (A limited D&D 5th edition version is free to download here, if you'd like.) If you want to make up your own, then stats, etc. are all up to you. ^;3^

As for dice - we do have a dice roller here, it's just hiding. >.> After making a post in the Dice section, and a few others, click on the Edit button and you should see a button called "Throw Dice." That will give you a popup where you can specify number of dice and how many sides.

There are lots of published dice systems out there, and you're also free to make up your own if you want. If you aren't already familiar with a dice system, I suggest picking up one of the published ones and seeing how they do it. (A limited D&D 5th edition version is free to download here, if you'd like.) If you want to make up your own, then stats, etc. are all up to you. ^;3^

As for dice - we do have a dice roller here, it's just hiding. >.> After making a post in the Dice section, and a few others, click on the Edit button and you should see a button called "Throw Dice." That will give you a popup where you can specify number of dice and how many sides.
Thanks! That already integrated dice system seems a little convoluted though, wouldn’t you agree?

It's not ideal, certainly, but it's what we have at the moment. We're constantly looking out for replacements though.

It's not ideal, certainly, but it's what we have at the moment. We're constantly looking out for replacements though.
I’m an avid DnD lover, so i was just trying to figure out how you guys had implemented dice into it. Thank you for the assist!

I'm a longtime tabletop RPer myself. ^;3^ Happy to help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back