• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

How does it work?

Nightcrawler

Hello, i'm new to this site and i have no idea how it works, i also have no idea about the 10 posts, how do you make a post and what happens when you don't post 10 thing within the 24 hours?

Please help..

Thank you

Please refer to the site's FAQ and rules section. Those are your best bet at a quick understanding of how the site works. Go to the Forums page and look to your right. You got everything you need there.

Ayl said:
Please refer to the site's FAQ and rules section. Those are your best bet at a quick understanding of how the site works. Go to the Forums page and look to your right. You got everything you need there.
I would have done that if i could find it,

Every time you make a thread (which is like... A contained line of replies? You just made one right here! :D ) or type stuff into the editing box and hit that "post reply" button, it counts as one post. Replies are referred to as posts. This is a post!

However, when you post in some portions of the site it won't count towards your total post count. I'm not 100% sure, but off the top of my head I know the personal discussion is one of those portions, the private workshop is too, and so is replies in a private conversation.

Most areas of the site count though.

The rule is actually that you need 10 posts and to be a member for 24 hours before you gain signature and private conversation-starting abilities, not that you have to make ten posts in 24 hours. If you don't make it in time, you won't get any penalties.

I believe you can start private conversations now without having that imposed limit of posts and activity. Might be wrong.

No, the PM rule still exists for sure. It's a safeguard against spam bots and trolls.

Ghost said:
Every time you make a thread (which is like... A contained line of replies? You just made one right here! :D ) or type stuff into the editing box and hit that "post reply" button, it counts as one post. Replies are referred to as posts. This is a post!
However, when you post in some portions of the site it won't count towards your total post count. I'm not 100% sure, but off the top of my head I know the personal discussion is one of those portions, the private workshop is too, and so is replies in a private conversation.

Most areas of the site count though.

The rule is actually that you need 10 posts and to be a member for 24 hours before you gain signature and private conversation-starting abilities, not that you have to make ten posts in 24 hours. If you don't make it in time, you won't get any penalties.
Ah alirght, thank you for explaining, i understand it a bit better now

No problem. If anything still confuses you or does in the future, I'd be happy to try and explain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back