How do Fair Folk Effect Creation in Creation

psychoph

Anyone want to give me a quick run down of this?  I read through upto the charms section of the Fair Folk book and as far as I can tell is they affect it only through charms that use at least 1 gossemar when in Creation proper.

Does shaping combat work at all in Creation or is that only in the Wyld?

any charm which has a gossamer cost may be used in creation

which is why there are charms with gossamer cost zero

and no, shaping is only in the wyld

On the same subject is there an easy way for a fair Folk ot have gossimer on them?  The character sheet didn't really have a way of tracking that besides the background.

there's ways of harvesting gossamer somewhere

the background basically represents you having access to these harvestable resources easily rather than having some magically regenerating supply

Yeah I read the rules for harvesting gossimare in the Wyld.  I was ondering if anyone knew a way to get it in creation.  I need to be more specific in my quesitons I think.

What I am trying to determine is for an NPC Fair Folk what they can really do in creation against the likes of mortals or even Exalted.  I am getting the sense that it is fairly limited.

The charms I have so far read that use gossimer are for affecting their form to be stable and co exisit with creation, and to seduce food into the wyld where they can feed and that feeding only seems to gain them essence.

I haven't gotten to the Sword grace charms yet just hit Ring.  I am trying ot finish them before game tonight to finish up my npc.

I want to have the Fair Folk beable to coax out mortals from the road and then potential engage my exalted PC's in combat, probably loosing the small retinue of common fair folk he has with him.

If posible I would like him to get away with a few humans a night.  either prodding the Exalted to search int he Wyld or accept their losses.

psychoph said:
Yeah I read the rules for harvesting gossimare in the Wyld.  I was ondering if anyone knew a way to get it in creation.  I need to be more specific in my quesitons I think.
The Bedlam-Influencing Charms (FF pg 156-157) offer several ways to gain gossamer by inciting Bedlam. But this isn't an efficient or good method to use when facing possible Exalted retribution.

Feeding Charms (FF pg. 163-166) offer a couple of gossamer gaining Charms. Onieromantic Conjuration allows you to steal it from dreaming mortals in Creation. Demesne-Farming Art allows you to harvest gossamer from Demesnes instead of the Wyld.

All of these methods take time though.

What I am trying to determine is for an NPC Fair Folk what they can really do in creation against the likes of mortals or even Exalted.  I am getting the sense that it is fairly limited.
It is limited. Fair Folk can have a wide assortment of effects through mutations...but you can only have so many mutations available. Mortals are very vulnerable to FF Charms...until they have an iron nail in hand.

Its tricky making Fair Folk work.

The charms I have so far read that use gossimer are for affecting their form to be stable and co exisit with creation, and to seduce food into the wyld where they can feed and that feeding only seems to gain them essence.
I haven't gotten to the Sword grace charms yet just hit Ring.  I am trying ot finish them before game tonight to finish up my npc.

I want to have the Fair Folk beable to coax out mortals from the road and then potential engage my exalted PC's in combat, probably loosing the small retinue of common fair folk he has with him.

If posible I would like him to get away with a few humans a night.  either prodding the Exalted to search int he Wyld or accept their losses.
It shouldn't be too hard for a Fair Folk to be able to seduce one or more of the Exalted's mortal companions off the road. This can happen 'off-scene' from the Exalts and they only discover it the next morning or whatever. Too late to stop the mortals from wandering off..but maybe not to late to save them if the Exalt cares about them at all.

ok. someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way i understand the effects of shaping in creation:

A Raksha who shapes in creation essentially weaves illusions, albeit extremely potent illusions. Potent enough to actually kill someone, if they can be convinced that they are dead. However, i believe that exalts (and maybe even mortals) are granted a roll (can't remember which stats) which allows them to essentially "disbelieve" the shaping, allowing them to see through it and realize that nothing is really happening. Shaping in the wyld is as real as can be. Shaping in creation looks exactly the same as it would in the wyld except that it's effects are simply illusory. Unless, of course, the Raksha in question is a masterful enough story-teller to actually convince his/her target that it's effects are actually real. This of course varies depending on which charms are being used and frankly, the Fair Folk book is confusing at the best of times.

As for harvesting gossamer, yes, there are a number of ways this may be done in creation. Demesnes make good sources of gossamer, and it may also be harvest from the dreams of mortals as well as any surplus of emotion which is being emitted by a mortal (IE: large quantites of lust or fear). I believe penants can also grant gossamer, although I know their primary function is to prevent the raksha from succumbing to the whither effects of creation. A raksha w/o a penant in creation will eventually whither away to dust if they do not feed.

Marquis said:
ok. someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way i understand the effects of shaping in creation:
A Raksha who shapes in creation essentially weaves illusions, albeit extremely potent illusions. Potent enough to actually kill someone, if they can be convinced that they are dead. However, i believe that exalts (and maybe even mortals) are granted a roll (can't remember which stats) which allows them to essentially "disbelieve" the shaping, allowing them to see through it and realize that nothing is really happening. Shaping in the wyld is as real as can be. Shaping in creation looks exactly the same as it would in the wyld except that it's effects are simply illusory. Unless, of course, the Raksha in question is a masterful enough story-teller to actually convince his/her target that it's effects are actually real. This of course varies depending on which charms are being used and frankly, the Fair Folk book is confusing at the best of times.
My understanding from the book is shaping only happens in the Wyld.  Charms that use gossimer are the only ones that can effect people in creation.

As I remember it the roll for exalts and mortals as well depends on the shaping attack, cup is compassion + essence and so on.  It might be willpower but I think it is essence.  The hard part is even charms have this drawback.  They won't affect anyone with a virtue+essence over some specific attribute, or ability the Fair Folk has.  luckily all my players were stupid enough to take extrememly low temperance, no one higher than 2.  And the essence was capped at 3 to save me some initial headaches, which means most of them had only 5 dice to begin with and the Fair Folk has 6+.

So far what I decided to do is go with an Entertainer/Warrior Noble Eshu if I remember correctly.  I am giving him several of the feeding charms, making it so that he has the addiciton charms and having him make all the human slaves(100 in all) addicted to him.  The way he did this is by using glamour to shape himself like one of the mortal guides.  I just utterly skipped the Exalted checking against this as i decided that they have been talkign and biccering too much about stuff to even care and I need it for story related purposes.  The ruse only lasted a day, and none of the Exalted actually talked to the guy in that days time.  we will see how they handle it as time goes on and I will give them more rolls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back