• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Hosted Projects?

Illiterate

what da dog doin
Title kinda says it.
Curious about Hosted Projects, and what they mean and why they exist. Like are they sponsored by the Administration of RPN, or created? Are either of those answers correct, and when can I expect to see more?

Hosted Projects are massive roleplays that require a lot of threads or have a lot of players, with complicated setup.

They are not run by Administration. Any user could apply for such projects. However we do not accept any more applications for them at the moment. The ones that still exist had been active for a long time already.

As the forums upgraded with time, similar setups can be done with forum threads and this is what most people are doing 😃

Hosted Projects are massive roleplays that require a lot of threads or have a lot of players, with complicated setup.

They are not run by Administration. Any user could apply for such projects. However we do not accept any more applications for them at the moment. The ones that still exist had been active for a long time already.

As the forums upgraded with time, similar setups can be done with forum threads and this is what most people are doing 😃
oh! so how do we create one similar in setup? The current rp I'm in as a co-gm has over 16 members and needs multiple threads for IC places. We considered discord but most (including myself) don't really want to do that. I understand hosted projects from quite a while back when I was in one, but as you said they're now closed?

Yes, Hosted Projects applications are still closed.

You can make multiple threads in Roleplay section along with threads in Extra Pages for lore and character sheets for example and then put links to all threads in them for easy navigation.

There is also Threadmarks that can function as table of contents.
Here is the tutorial Threadmark Tutorial [with Images]

Yes, Hosted Projects applications are still closed.

You can make multiple threads in Roleplay section along with threads in Extra Pages for lore and character sheets for example and then put links to all threads in them for easy navigation.

There is also Threadmarks that can function as table of contents.
Here is the tutorial Threadmark Tutorial [with Images]
gotcha! thank you

I find in my experience when converting things to a hosted project, they don't last long and it causes people to drop out. If you aren't active for a certain period of time, then the hosted project is removed back to regular threads from what I remember. So when they do open again, if they do, just be mindful of that that you need to keep the activity up to keep the hosted project. There used to be a lot more hosted projects and under different categories as well from what I remember but now there are just those three. So they may not that popular or at least hard to keep interest in with your role players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back