• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Help! I don't understand!

Miss Mack

If you love me let me go
I know what BB code is-
But I have no idea how to even begin with the creation of one. I know how to add spoilers and images and media files, the simple stuff.
So any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

hello, lovely!
so, first, I'm going to send you this amazingly helpful bbcode tutorial!

bbcode tutorial
- this one isn't on the main page of the bbcode center.
- don't forget that you should turn off RTE and switch your posting area to bbcode text editor!

- every coding has a special order and depending on which code you place "First" or "Second" between your "background" code and your "border" code can make a huge difference!
- also, you must always remember to end your bg and border code the way you have set it up, so if you started with the bg code then you end with a bg code!

for example:
This code below is the background code being used first and the border code being used second

Testing Area Here

Code:
[bg=Rosybrown][border=1px solid black]Testing Area Here[/border][/bg]

This code below is the border code being used first and the background code being used second

Testing Area Here

Code:
[border=1px solid black][bg=Rosybrown]Testing Area Here[/bg][/border]

- the border code has 4 different types of borders you can use [solid, double, dotted, and dashed]
- the border code also has a "thickness" level and you can change that by "px"

[I did not give an example of a div code because I figured since you're new to bbcoding, understanding the basics of bbcoding would be easier than the confusion of placing everything inside a div code]

If there's anything else you'd like to know or need help with, let me know!
P.S. I know you said you know how to do simple stuff, but I figured I'd send you an idea and the link to that bbcode tutorial and if you have any specific questions, I'd be glad to answer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back