• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Hello again!

Forgy

Erratic Adventurer
So it's been well over a year since I've had any real interest in role-playing. I've done some small digging around the site, and my curiosity may be piqued again. It seems that the off-site recruitment has just become a 1x1 forum, but what exactly are those, and why do so many people get involved in them? I've never done one myself, and I'm not particularly interested, but I'm curious why they're so popular.

Secondarily, does anyone have some suggestions for very light RP? Or maybe some good quests or short stories I could get into? I'd like to get back to RPing like I used to on Gaia Online (shoutout), but I just can't seem to fall in love with it like that anymore.

It seems that the off-site recruitment has just become a 1x1 forum, but what exactly are those, and why do so many people get involved in them?
Not exactly. Off-site recruitment has both 1x1 and Group roleplays, the main thing about them is that all of them happen not on this site. Discord is the most common place.

1x1 recruitment had always been around, and it just means roleplay happens between two people only, as opposing to Groups which have 3 or more people.

They're popular because they're easier to organize than groups as they only involve two people, which is much easier to manage than an entire group. But that's my opinion, some people may not agree XD

Not exactly. Off-site recruitment has both 1x1 and Group roleplays, the main thing about them is that all of them happen not on this site. Discord is the most common place.

1x1 recruitment had always been around, and it just means roleplay happens between two people only, as opposing to Groups which have 3 or more people.

They're popular because they're easier to organize than groups as they only involve two people, which is much easier to manage than an entire group. But that's my opinion, some people may not agree XD
I can definitely see them being easier to organize and manage, but I guess they just never interested me. I'm glad so many people enjoy it, though! I think it's awesome when people find passion in a specific type/genre of roleplay. Let's hope I find my passion again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back