• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Group Therapy (closed)

Jack didn't really like people, or talking, or talking to people, but at this point in their life they didn't really have a choice. It had its benefits; it made it so that Imani and Carry and Paris and everyone else thought Jack was doing better, it made them less likely to be watching their every move. So this, Group therapy, was just another, extremely annoying, small sacrifice.

The room wasn't anything fancy, a couple busted up old couches and chairs formed into a sort-of circle, a coffee table sat in the middle. Off the the side there was a folding table with snacks. At the head of the circle was a whiteboard and sitting next to the white board was the therapist, sitting across from her was another therapist (really just someone they kept around in case things got out of control).

Maybe seven or so people actually showed up, the last two or three coming nearly fifteen minutes in.

((I probably going to fall asleep soon, I'll reply in the morning))

Arriving at the meeting, Gwendolyn instantly wanted to turn back around and walk out the door. What would be less awkward, she wondered; walking in, and everyone glancing to her upon her entry, and watching her just walk out? Or her sitting through this likely miserable meeting and probably being less noticed than the former option?

Sighing to herself, she mentally assured herself this would work. It had to work. Right? Shaking the doubts from her mind, the strawberry blond stepped into the room and over to the seats, choosing whichever open seat was closest to her, and not directly beside one of the therapists. She sat next to a short, tan-skinned figure with brown curly locks. Gwen didn't pay much attention to the person though, avoiding eye contact with just about everyone in the room - especially the therapist. She hated this feeling of people looking at her like they knew her, and more specifically, hated when the correctly saw right through her. Though that was even more rare. Perhaps she didn't hate it, exactly, but more so just wasn't used to it, and it brought an uncomfortable feeling about her.

Idly scrolling around on her phone while she waited for the meeting to officially start, she wasn't doing anything in particular on the phone, scrolling back and forth, something to fiddle with and keep her eyes and hands busy as she waited. Before long, the therapist by the whiteboard spoke up, starting the meeting, and she slipped her phone away politely as she paid more attention.

((good morning!))

Jack tensed up a bit when someone had sat nex to them. Generally, the people here kept their distance, but this person was obviously new. Jack scootched as far away as they could, giving off a very irritated energy.

"Today we have someone new arriving," The therapist, Mrs. Jones, announced cheerily, writing Gwendolyn's name up on the board, "as always when we get a new person we welcome them and introduce ourselves. Everybody say: Welcome Gwendolyn."

"Welcome Gwendolyn," parroted maybe five people. Jack didn't say a word.

"Now we'll go around the room and give our name, and something about ourselves. And please guy's, please no repeat of last time," she cleared her throat, "My name is Kathy Jones, please call me Mrs Jones. I've been a therapist for thirteen years, and I've been running this group therapy for about four."

The other therapist introduced themselves, then passed it along to Jack, who wasn't paying attention and therefore was taken off guard.

"Uhm..." Jack shifted in their seat, looking around, "I'm Jack."

There was a little while of silence before the assisting therapist said, "tell Gwendolyn something about yourself, Jack."

Jack made a face, but continued, "I don't know-" they looked around the room, "I live in a garage, I have a dog."

Once she had sat down she didn't notice what she had done wasn't that typical in this setting, and was oblivious to the tension coming from the person to her left. She hardly noticed them, really, as she wasn't really paying attention to anyone in particular in the room, until the therapist had spoken up and started the meeting. She flinched a bit, inwardly cringing as she was publicly pointed out as the new person and, so far, her regret in coming to this meeting was only further confirmed.

She watched as the therapists both introduced themselves and something about them, and she watched as it then moved on to the person to her left, who she now learned was called Jack. As it continued it seemed she wasn't spared this awkward introduction even though she was the new person, and as Jack's turn ended, the leading therapist looked at her expectantly to continued.

Letting out a soft sigh, she shifted a bit uncomfortably in her seat "Well, I'm Gwen....as you all already know...." she trailed off awkwardly, her voice giving away her accent before continuing, trying to think of what to tell about herself "I was born in Poland....moved here about...fifteen years ago? Something like that..." she finished.

"Poland! How interesting!" Mrs Jones enthused, sounding like she was trying way too hard. Jack crossed their arms, rolling their eyes.

The person to Gwendolyn's right introduced themselves, and so on and so fourth. As someone spoke Jack took it upon themselves to get up and pour themselves a cup of coffee from the snack table. The girl seemed extremely out of her element, which was usually for someone's first time in a place like this.

Once the last person had introduced themselves the assistant therapist got up and started writing something out on the wall while Jones spoke, "Gwendolyn this is your first session so you don't have to participate if you don't want to. Just watch, get to know how things go, okay?"

Jack came to sit back down, taking up more space than before, spreading their legs out, stretching out their elbows, generally being kind of a douche to get Gwen to move.

Hearing the woman's fake enthusiasm Gwen had to keep from scoffing. It was so obviously forced. Being a girl who naturally held walls up with fake happy emotions and fake smiles, Gwen had become good at being able to tell when someone else was over-exaggerating or portraying false enthusiasm or emotions.

The group continued on in the circle, each person going on and giving their name and something about themselves. Gwen tried to act like it was interesting and she was listening, but honestly she could care less. She already didn't remember half of the groups names.

Glancing to her side she watched Jack get up, and for the most part ignored them again as she looked back to the group, before noticing the obvious display of irritation and passive attempt to either annoy her, or get her to move away from them. Or something like that. She just cocked an eyebrow at the person, leaning back in her own chair as she crossed her arms. What was their problem?

Well, maybe that was a poor choice of thought. Obviously everyone in this room had some sort of problem in their lives in one way or another. But she didn't understand why Jack was coming off rather rude to her. Maybe that's just the kind of person they were. Shaking it off, Gwen stayed put, if for anything, out of stubbornness and principle for the childish display of body actions that clearly showed irritation in her presence being this close to them - even though it wasn't all that close.

Jack gave up after not getting much of a response, but only felt further annoyed. Then they spent a good five minutes attempting to listen the what the therapists were saying, something about owning your past and building dependable futures, but gave up after being unable to focus.

Around the room, there was a similar look of general disinterest, except for the one kid who always tried to engage with the therapists and took every chance they got to spill their life story. Jack scoffed at them silently, then pulled their backpack up from where it was beside the couch.

While the therapists seemed distracted Jack took the lid off their coffee, then pulled a flask from their backpack. Again quickly they checked if the therapists were paying attention, then poured quite a bit in.

Noticing when Jack seemed to give up and stop, Gwen relaxed back into her seat a bit, leaning back into it as she glanced at them before back to the rest of the group and the therapist who was droning on and one. Gwen was growing more and more disinterested with every passing minute, and she repeatedly kept looking up at the clock on the wall, cursing time for being her prisoner right now. She wanted to leave. It seemed the majority of people in the room wanted to too.

Glancing to her side when she noticed Jack fidgeting around with their bag slightly, she raised an eyebrow when she noticed them pull out a flask and mix it into their coffee. She smirked a bit in amusement, but didn't say anything as she just paid attention back to the therapists.

Eventually, what after seemed like far too long, the meeting had ended. Getting up, Gwen glanced to Jack, thinking for a moment before approaching them, though knowing they probably didn't want her to. But she did it anyways, since she was a little irritated with their behavior "You know, you could have just asked me to move. Probably would have worked a lot better."

By the end of the group therapy meeting, Jack was a little tipsy but still grounded. They watched as everyone got up from the couches and went to the snack table, chatting and making a mess.

Jack had a bit of a delayed reaction to the chick from Poland who was sitting too close, they eyed her up and down before speaking.

"Okay then," Jack said, finishing the last bit of their coffee, "next time, move."

At Jack's response to her she narrowed her eyes a bit and crossed her arms over her chest "Are you naturally just rude? Or is that because you're drunk?" she asked a bit more irritably, indicating she noticed and was aware they were drinking during the meeting.

She didn't understand why they had such an attitude about them, and for what reason. Her sitting a little too close for their comfort was nothing necessary of receiving such behavior. But she wasn't about to just take it either. She didn't care if they were nice to her per say or not, they were strangers after all. But she didn't see why they had to be rude either towards her.

As she grabbed herself a bottle of water, she opened it and took a few sips, glancing around the room and noticing the therapists watching the people in the room, and she sighed a bit, glancing to the clock. Could she ditch now? The meeting was over, even if the therapists encouraged communication with each other in the group. She didn't particularly care for the atmosphere though, or Jack, so she turned and headed towards the door.

Jack didn't respond, instead they just up and left, tossing the paper coffee cup in the trash after crushing it.

"Fuck, fuck fucking fuck you," Jack grumbled, digging through their bag for their cigarettes. Once they found the pack the noted that they only had four more, which was shit because they had no money and that would likely be gone by the next morning if they were lucky.

Their lighter flicked a few times before catching. After lighting their cigarette they took a long drag and closed their eyes, blowing the smoke out slowly.

"fucking bitch," they shook their head. Really, though, they knew they were the one who instigated any negative energy. And they only did so because they were bitter about being there, and really, the other chick probably hated being there too.

Jack sighed deeply, then took another drag, watching the girl come out of the building.

begrudgingly, Jack swallowed their pride and approached them, "Hey," they said, "I'm sorry for being a dick, whatever, I'm sorry," they bit their lip, awkwardly turning around and hesitating to walk away. They hated, h a t e d, admitting they were the asshole. They hated thinking of themselves as an asshole in general.

Managing to slide out and make her escape, Gwen instantly felt more relieved in the fresh air. Really though, the hell was that attitude from Jack for? Rolling her eyes at the memory of their expression, she just decided to shake it off. Great, so now she already had another reason to hate coming to these weekly meetings.

Sighing to herself she ran a hand through her reddish hair as she walked out of the building. And with her luck, Jack was right there still. She narrowed her eyes slightly, prepared for another rude remark from the figure, before being surprised at receiving an apology. She blinked a bit in confusion staring at the figure, before smirking some.

While the apology wasn't something she expected from the person, it was still nice, and put her in a slightly better mood around Jack. Putting up her guarded walls like she usually did in public, she grinned and approached Jack, who had their back turned to them. Walking up behind them, she swung an arm around their shoulder from the side, hooking playfully around their shoulder and neck like friends might do "Apology accepted. Y'know, I didn't really take you for the kind to apologize. But thanks" she grinned, knowing exactly what she was doing before smirking more "Oh, sorry. Is this too close for you?" she teased the stranger playfully, keeping her arm around them, having to give them at least a little shit for the way they had acted about their space and having been so rude about it, even if they did give an apology, she had to give them a little bit of shit back for it.

Jack's whole body immediately tensed when the Poland chick hooked an arm around them.

"I- uhm," they stammered, trying to think through the overstimulation of emotion, "Please uhm," they stammered still, eventually jerking away frantically- hearing nothing of what she had said.

"I can't, please don't, sorry I just-" they could find their words, and when they did it sounded just as rash and shitty as before, "don't touch me."

Noticing how Jack instantly reacted to her touch, she frowned a bit, and instantly as they asked - or more so demanded, she had pulled away respectfully "Alright alright" she said holding her hands up in slight defense "Sorry" she apologized sincerely, since she hadn't meant to freak them out or anything, and could tell that the contact seemed to greatly trouble them.

Taking a step to the side, she gave them a little bit more space, though didn't create an awkward amount of gap between them either "Sorry" she apologized again as she slipped her hands casually into her pockets "Don't like physical contact?" she asked, though, it was more rhetorical than anything since she could tell the answer to that question already anyways.

"No," jack said, shaking their head, "I'm sorry too," they held their head, repressing the panic that had come to a boil inside them.

"I'm really sorry," the repeated shaking their head, "yeah, I'm not one for touch, but I know you didn't mean any malice behind it-" they stopped themselves, momentarily at a loss for words, "I just," they started, "I'm usually okay with touch, I just like to be warned."

As the apologized too, Gwen just smiled lightly, lad to see they seemed to calm down a bit and the fact that they were actually being nicer than before as well "It's alright. It is kinda my fault, even if I didn't know. So I apologize too" she said, listening to them repeat their apology before mentioning how usually it was okay so long as they were warned, and not taken off guard like how she had just done to them. Smiling a bit at a thought, she nodded her head "Alright then" she said as she held out her hand to them a bit "How about a handshake? Lets start over a bit?" she said, seeing as just about every interaction between the two of them had been kinda negative in one way or anything so far from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back