Grifyn Varelle [ APPROVED ]

test.png

• What do you expect from RP's?
    A memorable story-telling experience made with the glorious collaboration with my fellow writers.

What do you expect from THIS RP?
    A good player-player environment, an intriguing plot, and a whole lot of fun.

What kind of Experience do you have in RPing?
    I consider myself as a veteran roleplayer, only in the fantasy genre though, but not that well-versed in the vast field of RP-ing.

What genres of RP do you like?
    Mostly fantasy. I have recently developed great interest in the sci-fi genre, as I am also trying to get a grasp on the other genres such as fandom, realistic, etc.

What times are you available?
    This depends on my schedule, which is irregularly altered. However, I am usually able to log in and do site activities once a day.

How long on average are you on?
    On days where I decide to do nothing all day, I am online all day. On days where I decide that it is time to lose some more LP, I am online all day, but I'm pretty much AFK. On other regular days, possibly 3-7 hours.

How many posts a week do you think you can make?
    Most likely a post a day, if I'm feeling good. However, if I am pissed off about being a tilted high elo player, then probably 2-3 posts a week.

Are you willing to contribute in World building? If so, in what way?
    Yes, you may not notice it, but I am also in the process of developing a similar RP-verse. So, pretty much every aspect of world building, I can do - lore, beastiary, setting, pantheons and some more of that good shit.

Would you be willing to play a role already setup?
    Depends greatly whether I have a desire to explore the said role, or it intrigues me greatly.

Would you be willing to play an Antagonist?
    Of course. Remember - It is always easy and fun to be evil; being the good guy is a pain in the ass.

Would you be willing to GM certain events?
    Depends on the event. It if gains my interest, then yes.

Last edited:
By the way, Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser , I made slight alterations to his look to make the pictures as uniform to his written appearance. I hope this is fine.
Also, if I am not able to think of a rework for the FLD artes Grif currently has, will it be possible to change locked artes to something else. Of course, they will still remain within the current limitations of the class and the character.

Side note: I've reworked Artes 2 and 4, both which are FLD ones.

And another matter - perhaps it would be best to have the character sheets sorted, or tagged with the plot line they belong to. For example, the characters of the Norhad Swords story would have their own tag/mark, and so will the characters of the Unification story.

Last edited:
Arte level 2
ETAFLD: We need to be more precise " Increasing effectiveness" can mean nothing or everything. If you are targeting Water elements, all artes using that element have their SE reduced by 1.

Arte level 4
ETAFLD: Here the SE requirements should be reduced by 2, not half.

Arte level 2
ETAFLD: We need to be more precise " Increasing effectiveness" can mean nothing or everything. If you are targeting Water elements, all artes using that element have their SE reduced by 1.

Arte level 4
ETAFLD: Here the SE requirements should be reduced by 2, not half.

For Arte 2, I meant is as adding +1 to all of their water-type artes, wherever it is moat applicable. For example, if one uses an ATK water arte, it gains +1 damage, if it's a DEF it increases the damage blocked by 1, if a SEAL/PNM/ENH increases duration by a turn.

As for Arte 4, I assume you're still content with the old area- restriction mechanic of this one? Or will that need to be removed?

Oh, and as I've asked, is it allowed to change non-purchased artes to be reverted into something else? 'Cause having 3 artes seem kinda rendundant now with the change in how they work.

For Arte 2, I meant is as adding +1 to all of their water-type artes, wherever it is moat applicable. For example, if one uses an ATK water arte, it gains +1 damage, if it's a DEF it increases the damage blocked by 1, if a SEAL/PNM/ENH increases duration by a turn.

As for Arte 4, I assume you're still content with the old area- restriction mechanic of this one? Or will that need to be removed?

Oh, and as I've asked, is it allowed to change non-purchased artes to be reverted into something else? 'Cause having 3 artes seem kinda rendundant now with the change in how they work.

The Arte 2 is too broad because different types would feel the increase differently.

Arte 4. The distance should simply follow the Range level you have, and just increase as you gain more.

Any changes made to artes need only be re-submitted for approval. If they are not approved by the time a battle commences, they simply cannot be used, regardless of it being unlocked or not.

The Arte 2 is too broad because different types would feel the increase differently.

Arte 4. The distance should simply follow the Range level you have, and just increase as you gain more.

Any changes made to artes need only be re-submitted for approval. If they are not approved by the time a battle commences, they simply cannot be used, regardless of it being unlocked or not.

Alright. Got it.

Do you have any alternatives for Arte 2? Having both ETAFLD artes that reduce SE seem kinda redundant. Perhaps a reduction for opposing artes types, earth and fire?

Alright. Got it.

Do you have any alternatives for Arte 2? Having both ETAFLD artes that reduce SE seem kinda redundant. Perhaps a reduction for opposing artes types, earth and fire?

It is very limited, that's is why people should only have 1.

What about an increase in SE Enemy artes of a certain element? Say you are fighting enemies proficient in water. Make it so all enemy targets increase their SE usage of artes by 1 SE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back