Great Forks Military

orionstark1482

i was wondering what kind of feel you would give the great forks military. if they had to go to war quickly how would they assemble their forces and use them?

i imagine you would have thousands of impressed slaves that are being watched over by an elemental or spirit or Fae commander as well as elite units of all gods\fae.

Pretty much they're made up men, God-Blood and elemental, along with Fae Blooded and what not. Except their military is still on the recovery from 8 years prior where they lost most of their men in the battle against the Thorns/Realm army.

Yep' date=' it's par for the course for the Scavenger Lands.[/quote']
true but if the city is besieged and the 7th legion will take a few days to get there then how would they utilize their unique population to hold off the invaders.

Yep' date=' it's par for the course for the Scavenger Lands.[/quote']
true but if the city is besieged and the 7th legion will take a few days to get there then how would they utilize their unique population to hold off the invaders.

I think I remember reading somewhere that despite the military looking ok on paper, the three spirits realise that it isn't combat efficinet for anythin more than patrolling the city's border and that if push came to shove, they would have to rely on their own powers.

~FC.

I imagine that the Great Forks military isn't that large, and so they'd have to rely on unconventional warfare tactics to defend themselves.  They'd use mundane and magical illusions and traps, such as burying small pits in a field of battle and then right in the middle of the melee, pop up and encircle their enemies.  They'd also use assassination techniques, targeting the military commanders to try to bring a quick end to the battle.  Commanders are most likely Elementals, God-blooded and perhaps even Fae-blooded and their units would be small but highly skilled.

Indeed, I never saw them as NEEDING a large army anyway. Defense contracts and the Three were more than enough. Plus it seems to be a peaceful enough place in the middle of the Scavenger Lands.

Or that they use ambassadors quite heavily; paying a corps of diplomats probably costs about as much as a large standing military but leads to fewer loss of lives.

Actually they're like right next to teh seat of the Confederation, Melehivil, perhaps they are akin to Paris to the Confed Council region being near by? Perhaps a city where peace talks can be held AND Geased.

acording to canon the standing army of Great Forks Halfgods and the otherhalf has Godblooded and Dragon Blooded in it.

Wtf? Where is that in canon? I missed something, not in Scavenger Sons I never saw it. You talking Second Ed?

Wtf? Where is that in canon? I missed something' date=' not in Scavenger Sons I never saw it. You talking Second Ed?[/quote']
It is in scavenger sons pgs. 79, and 80 apprently most of the humans were wiped out a few years ago in canon and are biulding back up so it is mostly gods not half. ooops

Oh I knew the men were wiped out. They were 3000 wiped out to 100. It was a bloody last fight between the Confeds and Thorns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back