• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Godslayer - A Marvel Fan Fiction

DiamondJack

Most Call Me Jack
Note: I claim no rites to any of the characters, settings, organizations, etc. in this work. Also this work doesn't take place in any known iteration of the Marvel Universe, this iteration is unique to this story. Remember, this is a fun fic I wrote, please don't be overly critical and just enjoy the story.

Godslayer

Clint Barton, also known as Hawkeye, was just minding his own business. Walking the streets of New York, Clint was on leave from S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers, he could do anything within reason, until he made a wrong turn into an alley.

“Hawkeye!” said a man wearing a black trench coat, “I never thought I’d meet a Superhero!”

“Look, I don’t know if I’m really a Superhero,” said Clint, “I just shoot bad guys with a bow.”

The man in the trench coat approached Clint with a notepad, “Can I get you to sign an autograph for me?”

Clint took the notepad, “Sure man, do you have a pen?”

“Oh yeah!” said the man, he seemed to look around while patting himself looking for a pen, almost as if to ensure no one was around. He then reached into his coat and pulled out a coach gun and pointed it at Clint, before Hawkeye could react the man said “Click” and everything went dark.

---

Steve held Natasha as she cried into his shoulder. earlier that day their good friend Clint Barton had been murdered. It was a sickening blow, as if to prove that the Avengers were, in fact, mortal. Tony was speaking with Fury as the Crime Scene was combed for evidence.

Steve didn’t know what to do with himself, he wanted to avenge Clint, but the team had nothing to go on. The top of Clint’s head been removed with a twelve gauge slug. There was no cartridge, no distinct footprint, no suspect.

“Why?” cried Natasha into Captain America’s shoulder.

“I don’t know Natasha, but we will find this guy and make him pay,” assured Steve.

---

Billy whistled to himself as he cleaned his coach gun. He had struck a blow to the Avengers, completed a contract, and earned a butt-ton of money all at the same time by killing Hawkeye in an alley.

Billy Robertson, or Godslayer as he called himself, was an assassin, a fairly new one that had just entered the market. He was 6’3’’ and 180 lbs. of cold unfeeling killer. He wore a black trench coat at almost all times and when he didn’t want people to see his face he wore a blue mask that revealed no facial features.

He was on a ship in New York’s harbor that was owned by a one Victor von Doom. The madman had hired Godslayer to end the lives of several people in New York, all of them with special talents.

---

“What about Deadpool?” asked Tony.

“Impossible, Agent Wilson may be crazy, but he didn’t do this one,” said Fury.

Tony Stark and Nick Fury were on the bridge of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. Also on the bridge were Steve Rodgers, Natasha Romanoff, Thor, Logan, Maria Hill, and James Rhodes as well as a slew of other workers.

“How do you know Fury?” asked Tony.

“Wade’s in San Diego with Falcon and Scarlet Witch for a Navy Rally. Those boys look up to us heroes,” said Logan, “Even if Deadpool is a fuckin’ dumbass.”

“Well said Wolverine,” said Fury, “I suspect this was a contracted kill.”

“So who does that leave us with?” asked Steve.

“We have confirmed sightings of Taskmaster and Bullseye in New York, we should start with them,” said Fury.

---

Thor threw Bullseye against a wall, “Tell me the truth villain! Who hired you?”

Bullseye dodged a punch from Thor, “I told ya lightning boy, I didn’t kill Hawkeye!” Bullseye dodged another punched and rolled back into Wolverine, “Oh great!”

“He’s tellin’ the truth Thor,” said the mutant hero.

“See! Short, dark, and pointy over here agrees with me,” said Bullseye, “Now will you let me go?”

“Fine,” replied Thor, “You may go.”

Bullseye proceeded to run out of the alley he was being interrogated in and disappear into the New York crowd.

“Taskmaster is clear too Thor, we’re dealing with someone new here,” said Logan.

“You may be right Wolverine,” said Thor, “But we must find Clint’s killer and make him pay.”

“Couldn’t agree more Thor.”

---

Night time in New York was the best time for Godslayer, the city was truly beautiful at night. Something else beautiful was standing on the roof of the Baxter Building. The gem that was Susan Storm, The Invisible Woman. She seemed to be enjoying the night air, then her brother Johnny joined her on the roof. The opportunity was perfect for Billy, who was on a roof across the street. He and his high powered rifle were cloaked with technology Doom had given him.

Godslayer lined up his shot, he would have to be quick and pop both of his targets before the second could react. Godslayer took a deep breath.

---

The night was lovely. Johnny could see why his sister was hanging out on the roof.

“Hey sis,” said Johnny, “Nice night huh?”

“Yeah, it’s almost perfect,” replied Susan.

Before Johnny could respond, his sister’s chest exploded, covering him in red, Johnny was about to let out a primal roar, but then everything went dark.

---

“They’re dead Tony!” cried Reed, “My wife! My brother-in-law! My friends! They’re dead!”

Reed was hysterical. Tony looked as if he didn’t know what to do, he looked to Steve for advice, but Steve was comforting an even more shaken up Natasha. Normally the agent would be fine, even in the face of tragedy, but these people were close friends. Ben Grimm, Logan and Rhodey were.also in the room.

“Dammit!” roared Rhodey, “Someone is targeting heroes and killing them like a coward, no fight, just cold blooded murder!:

“Cowardly or efficient?” asked Logan.

“How could you say that?” retorted Rhodey.

“He’s right,” said Steve, “This guy is cold and methodical. We need someone who thinks like him to beat him...”

Everyone in the room looked at Logan, “What?”

---

Natasha sat in the corner of her quarters, curled up into a ball and weeping silently. Clint was gone, Sue was gone, she even missed Johnny at this point. Who was next if they didn’t catch this guy Tony? Fury? Steve?

At the last one she started crying loudly, she wouldn’t know what to do if this guy was to take Steve from her. She stood up, wiped the tears from her face, changed from her pajamas into her “work suit.”

She was gonna find this guy before he took Steve away from her, and she was going to make him pay.

---

Billy couldn’t believe his eyes, THE Black Widow was looking for HIM. It was everything Billy could do to not fan boy over this moment. Natasha Romanoff was a deadly assassin, a brilliant agent, and a beautiful woman.

It was really too bad that Billy had to kill her. A contract was a contract. Billy was sitting on a roof in Brooklyn with the same rifle he had used to kill half of the Fantastic Four. Godslayer whistled what sounded like (Don’t Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult as Natasha hopped from roof to roof towards him. She was coming straight for him, almost as if she knew he was the one that killed her friends, but that was impossible,

“You!” shouted Black Widow when she came within earshot, “What are you doing?”

“Counting bodies,” replied Godslayer, “So far I count three.”

Natasha closed in, “What are you on about?’ Natasha was ready for a fight, most masked creeps wanted a fight.

“I count three, a purple archer, and a pair of super siblings,” smirked Godslayer as he drew an Arkansas Toothpick, “I’m about to add a beautiful spider to the count.”

Godslayer rushed Black Widow, but the agent was ready and knocked aside his arm and decked him in his masked face. The trench coat wearing assassin proceeded to slide backward. Natasha used her wrist blasters to attempt to gun down the fiend, but Godslayer was wearing armor under his coat. Natasha rushed Billy and tried to kick him in the head but the blue masked assassin caught her foot. Under his mask was a sly smile.

Godslayer threw Natasha off the roof into a Brooklyn alley. She hit a wall and fell down onto a closed dumpster, one of her legs was definitely broken, she couldn’t move her left arm either. Godslayer proceeded to throw his knife and it embedded itself in her chest. She stopped moving shortly after.

Billy collected his knife and disappeared into the night, another contract complete.

---

The Avengers and Fantastic Four, or at least what was left of them, were assembled in Central Park. A memorial service for four members of their ranks was being held. Peter Parker watched from the roof of a nearby building. He was an Avenger, but he was watching for the assassin who had been killing supers, as his spidey-sense allowed for recognition of dangerous situations.

“How’s it going Spidey?” asked a voice. Peter whipped around, ready for a fight. Instead of an assassin, Peter found Daredevil.

“Oh, great, I guess,” said Peter, “At least as great as I can be on a day like this.”

“That’s fair,” said Daredevil, “Look, Spidey, you think you can deliver some information to Nick Fury for me?”

“Sure, I guess,” replied Peter, “Lay it on me.”

“Rumor has it that the guy who killed your friends is going by the name Godslayer, and is working for Doom.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, the guy wears a blue mask and a black trench coat.”

“Alright, I’ll tell Fury.”

“I know you will, you’re a good kid Spidey.”

---

“We have a lead,” said Nick Fury as he walked onto the bridge of the Helicarrier. Assembled there was Dr. Bruce Banner, Steve, Tony, Logan, Thor, Reed, Ben, Rhodey, and Maria. “The guy is calling himself Godslayer,” Fury said as he pulled up an artist's rendering of the guy. The figure was clad in a black trench coat and had on a blue featureless mask. “This guy has been spotted within four blocks of all the murder locations within an hour of each murder. He has also been seen speaking with a mysterious, green hooded man down in the harbor.”

“Doom!” shouted Ben, better known as The Thing.

“That’s what we are assuming,” said Fury.

“That coward couldn’t beat us so he hired an assassin,” said Steve.

“Well, now I guess we start with him, and then we find Godslayer,” announced Fury.

---

Victor von Doom returned to the ship that was serving as his and Godslayer’s hideout. He was about to return to the bridge, or his computer room as he called it, when Godslayer tapped him on his shoulder.

“What is it Godslayer?” asked Doom.

“I have some bad news Victor,” said Godslayer.

“Is that so?”

“Yeah, I’ve been offered a lot of money to betray you, not only that, I get to complete all of the contracts you assigned me for the same amount of money,” said Godslayer as he put his coach gun to Doom’s throat.

“That is unfo-” Doom was cut short by a loud boom and then darkness.

---

“Looks like the Mastermind got betrayed by his own assassin,” said Steve as his team searched the ship for evidence. The team had found a decapitated Victor von Doom, several million dollars in equipment and other funds. The ship had been a mobile base of operations.

“Tony and Rhodey are scanning the city to see if they can find our Blue Masked assassin,” said Logan.

“I guess that’s all we can ask for...”

---

“You see anything Friday?” asked Tony.

“No Tony, unfortunately a man matching your description is nowhere in Brooklyn,” replied the female, Irish accented AI.

Tony had been searching for what seemed like days. This assassin guy killed, and then disappeared. This guy was too good, he got the best of the Black Widow, so he obviously wasn’t a normal human. He had some sort of power, but as of now, that power was unclear.

---

Godslayer sat in an office in a penthouse in Manhattan. He had been given use of the penthouse in exchange for his services, he could see the whole of New York as he looked out over the city.

A knock came on the door of the office, “Come in.” In stepped Wilson Fisk, better known as Kingpin. The man was Godslayer’s new benefactor.

“I know that I said you were free to complete your contracts in any order, but I have a request,” said the man.

“I’m always up for a murder by request Kingpin, my man,” replied Billy.

“I want you to take out Spider-Man as soon as possible,” said Kingpin.

“I can do that, does tomorrow sound good to you?”

“It most certainly does.”

---

Peter had joined the hunt for Godslayer with Iron Man and War Machine. He could take a closer look inside of buildings if Tony or Rhodey found anything. He was, after all, the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

“Hey Spidey, we need you to look inside of a parking garage near the southern end Central Park,” said Tony over the communicator, “Do not engage if you find this guy.”

“Gotcha Tony,” replied Peter.

Peter found his way over to the parking garage in question. The spider-themed hero peaked into the garage and saw a man in a black trench coat with his back turned. Suddenly Spidey felt his spidey-senses going crazy. He ducked as a knife flew over his head.

“Spidey!” shouted the man as he walked away from the edge where Peter was hanging, “I hope you like fire!”

Peter tried to figure out what that meant, all the while his spidey-sense going crazy. He looked around and noticed that on the ceiling of the level of the parking garage were several detonators.

Before Spidey could leave the side of the garage, a massive fireball enveloped him, the last thing he felt was a searing pain.

---

“He was just a kid dammit!” shouted Tony as he watched the Parking Garage collapse shortly after the explosion enveloped the side of the structure. Iron Man flew over the structure, looking for the man who had just killed Spider-Man and an unknown amount of innocent people. The guy had disappeared without a trace.

Tony Landed in an alley near the former parking garage and found a flash drive on the ground, it had the word Stark on it.

“Friday, examine this,” said Tony.

“It contains one file,” said Friday, “It’s a document that reads ‘Now that the spider has been washed away, it is time for Dr. Jeckel to let Mr. Hyde come out and play.’”

“He’s going after Bruce next, we need to make sure that Bruce doesn’t leave the Helicarrier.”

“What about Peter, sir?”

“I’m going to make sure he gets to rest Friday...”

---

“I’m tired of funerals Tony,” said Steve. The two were at the top of the Avenger’s tower, “We need to catch this guy before he kills anyone else.”

“I agree,” said Tony, “But we have nothing to go on Steve, we can’t track this guy, he’s a faceless assassin at this point.”

“I’m gonna go find him Tony,” said Steve, “And I’m going to make him pay dearly.”

“Steve, no,” pleaded Tony, “Remember what happened to Natasha when she went after him, we can’t fight this guy alone, we need to attack him in a team.”

“You’re right,” said Steve, a tear rolling down his cheek, “First we have to find him...”

---

Reed looked pleadingly into the eyes of his assassin. Mr. Fantastic was frozen from the neck down. He couldn’t move. The leader of the Fantastic Four had stumbled into a trap laid for him at the Baxter Building. He had been warned not to return there, but he needed his research.

Around him were many dead S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. The building had been under the protection of the group, but the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents stood no chance against the man who called himself Godslayer.

As Reed accepted his death, his neck and head froze over from the device that the assassin had apparently received from Doom before he had betrayed the Mastermind. Reed saw the blue-masked man pick up a Louisville Slugger and swing it as hard as he could. Mr. Fantastic felt himself shatter into pieces before he felt nothing ever again.

---

Billy was quite pleased with himself. He only had one member of the Fantastic Four to deal with, and at this moment in time he was just waiting on Fisk to deliver to him an anti-tank rifle. The cannon should have been able to take Ben Grimm’s head clean off, but the problem was that the guns weren’t exactly common in New York City.

Billy flicked through the channels available to him, which numbered in the hundreds. Television was such a bore compared to his day job, but the couch in the penthouse was quite comfortable, and Billy planned on taking the night off.

The man called Godslayer relaxed, waiting only until he had the necessary firepower to knock the orange rock monster known as The Thing’s head clean off.

---

“I won’t calm down!” yelled Ben. His whole team was dead, his best friends were dead. He was going to smash this guy into a pulp he was going to shove this guy’s Blue Mask down his stupid throat.

“The last two times this guy was engaged alone, someone ended up dying, think clearly here Ben,” said Steve.

“This guy’s weapons ain’t gonna hurt me,” said Ben, “I can take him.”

Steve, Ben, Tony, Thor, and Logan were in the Avengers Tower.

“I concur with The Thing’s assessment,” said Thor, “Perhaps he is the best among us to fight this assassin in a one on one fight, as he clearly has no intention of fighting all of us at once.”

“Yeah?” asked Logan, “Then what was with that thing two weeks ago when everyone was looking at me to track this guy down?”

“He obviously has no interest in you Wolverine,” replied Steve, “Otherwise he would have tried to take you down when you were alone all these days.”

“What makes you think he wants to take down Rock Boy here?” retorted Logan.

“He’s already taken down the rest of the Fantastic Four, it just makes sense,” chimed in Tony.

“Fair enough,” said Logan.

---

Billy smiled as he stared down The Thing. The two were on an abandoned pier. The pair of fighters had been staring at each other for ten minutes. Ben was examining the killer of his friends, the man he was determined to squish to a pulp. Billy was looking at his next victim, and the test subject for his newest toy.

Ben made the first move, bull rushing the assassin and shouting, “It’s Clobberin’ Time!”

Billy had mere seconds to react properly, which was plenty for him. The assassin countered by rushing the oncoming rock monster and leaping over him, planting a hand on his head while going over.

While the Thing slowed down and got ready to turn around, Godslayer ran toward a crate by a nearby building. Thing began running after him. Billy busted open the crate and retrieved the huge rifle within. With a certain grace, Godslayer whipped around and hip-fired the mighty weapon.

Thing was stopped dead in his tracks as the round had pierced his rock hide, leaving a hole in his gut. Ben fell to one knee while Billy recuperated after being knocked off his feet by the weapon he fired.

The blue-masked assassin took the time to lay down as Ben struggled. He shouldered the rifle from his prone position. He fired another round, blowing out The Thing’s knee. Ben fell to the ground with a mighty crash, the next round fired tore through his skull and he was out of his misery.

---

Peter Quill had not been to Earth in two years, not since he and his friends had helped the people of Earth fend off the Kree invasion of the planet. Star Lord was, of course, from Earth, but had spent most of his life off-world.

Peter landed his ship on the landing pad of the Avengers Tower. He had been told that he was always welcome there, and it seemed like a good place to stay while he was on Earth.

Star Lord stepped out of his ship and walked toward the Penthouse area of the tower, to which the landing pad was connected. He knocked lightly on the glass door as he entered. In the room were Captain America, Iron Man, and Wolverine. None of them were suited up, but Peter didn’t really remember their names, or if he had been told their real names. Every single one of them were looking at him like he was an alien.

“What’s up guys?”

---

“So let me get this straight, there’s an assassin killing off heroes here in New York City?” asked Star Lord.

“Yes,” said Tony, “And you may able to help us defeat him.”

“Is that so?” questioned Star Lord.

“Yes, he’s never encountered you, most people on Earth don’t even know you exist,” replied Steve.

“Man, the guys are gonna be so jealous when they hear I helped take out Earth’s most wanted criminal, I’m so in,” said Star Lord excitedly.

“Great, now we have another secret weapon,” said Logan.

---

Rhodey was out above Queens. He and Tony were taking shifts searching for Godslayer at this point. He was tired at this point, almost to the point where he was going to call it quits and tell Tony that it was his turn.

That was until a man in a blue mask and a black trench coat started waving him down form a roof in Queens. Instead of going down there and giving the assassin what he wanted, War Machine just started firing upon him.

Godslayer moved quickly, skillfully dodging War Machine’s fire. Rhodey realized his mistake when the assassin took cover behind a chimney for a brief moment and emerged with an anti-tank rifle.

Before Rhodey could move out of the way of the shot, his chest exploded as the round hit his armor’s power source.

---

Frank Castle, or The Punisher as most knew him, was tired of this cocky-ass punk who thought it was funny to gun down so many good men and women, he was going to put a stop to it if it was the last thing he did.

Frank was on a flight from Los Angeles, where he had been on business, to New York, where he now had business. Whether the Avengers wanted his help or not, Frank was going to help dammit.

---

Billy whistled merrily as he walked up to the Avengers Tower. He was in plainclothes, a white t-shirt and blue jeans topped with a Yankee’s cap. He often admired the tower, but today he was scouting for the location of a one Dr. Bruce Banner. A while back he had thrown the heroes of his trail by claiming he was going for Banner, and he had eliminated Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, and War Machine since.

Surely the heroes had forgotten about Banner needing his guard at all time. As if on cue, Banner walked out of the base of the tower, but he was accompanied by two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Most likely he was under surveillance, this would prove problematic for Billy, but it was nothing he couldn’t deal with.

---

Bruce was tired of constantly being watched, frankly it pissed him off a little. That was dangerous, should he become too angry, it would be like setting off a bomb in his apartment building.

There were two agents outside of his apartment, and three on the roof across the street. This guy that had been killing his friends was never going to get into Bruce’s apartment. Still, Bruce kind of wished he hadn’t moved out of the Avengers Tower, he would be safer there. There was too much stress there, however...

Bruce heard the door open, but that would be the last thing he ever heard.

---

“This has gone too far!” shouted Thor.

Thor (along with Steve, Tony, Peter, Logan, and Fury) was on the bridge of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier.

“What’s gone too far?” asked a familiar voice from across the room.

Wade Wilson entered the bridge accompanied by Maria Hill, Wanda Maximoff, and Sam Wilson (No relation).

“Maria, why didn’t you tell me that these three had gotten back?” asked Fury.

“Sorry, sir, but they just got back and you are in an important meeting,” replied Maria, “I tried to get them to wait, but Deadpool was having none of it. The other two were just following because if Deadpool-”

“Enough Maria,” said Fury, “It’s fine, they are welcome here.”

Thor looked at Wade, “As for what’s gone too far. the killing of our friends had gone too far. First Clint, now Bruce! I am going to kill this man, even an assassin as skilled as this one is, cannot stand against the might of a god!”

“Thor,” said Steve, “This guy calls himself Godslayer, I’m sure he has a plan for killing you.”

“At this point, I’d like to see him try!” retorted Thor.

“I don’t know about the rest of you, but I wouldn’t want to see an Asgardian slain,” said Peter, “Thor, please reconsider your actions.”

“My mind is made up Star Lord,” said Thor, “I shall kill this Godslayer, and end this once and for all.”

Thor left the room in a huff.

“We have to go after him,” said Logan.

“Alright, I’m sending Captain America, Star Lord, Wolverine and...” Fury paused for a moment while giving his orders, “Deadpool, get Thor back for us.”

---

Frank had seen Thor fly over, so he figured he’d follow him. The Punisher had just established himself in New York, and he was already going to get involved in some violence.

Frank followed the son of Odin to a football stadium. Punisher broke in and tried to make his way to a good vantage point. With him, Frank had a Kalashnikov Assault Rifle and a Smith & Wesson Model .500.

When Frank could finally see the field he saw Thor standing on one 35 yard line and a man in a black trench coat and a blue mask on the other. Frank could hear the two shouting to each other from where he was in the stands.

“Cowardly assassin,” shouted Thor, “You’ve chosen the wrong time to show bravery! I shall crush you under Mjolnir’s mighty weight!”

“See this?” asked the other man as he held up a shotgun cartridge, “In it is a slug that was forged to kill Loki. It was given to me by a guy who said he picked it up off of time traveler he killed. I don’t know if what he said was true, but I’m willing to bet if it was designed to kill Loki, it could kill you Odinson.”

“We shall see!” Thor said as he twirled his hammer, at the same time the man loaded his slug into his coach gun. Thor flew at the man, but the man slid under Thor. Frank then witnessed the single most impressive kill he had ever seen.

The man in the mask shot Thor in the chest, killing him instantly. Thor’s momentum carried him into the wall behind the end zone. Now was Frank’s time to move.

---

Billy could swear he heard Odin, the Allfather himself, let out a roar of grief as the man known as Godslayer killed Thor Odinson. Billy went to examine Thor’s body when a shape dropped in front of him and lunged toward him. Billy reacted quickly enough to move out of the way, but he was struck by something vaguely shield shaped and hit the turf.

When Godslayer recovered he saw, standing before him, Captain America, Wolverine, Deadpool, and some guy in a mask and a red coat.

No words were exchanged. Billy rushed Dead pool and used the other barrel of his coach gun to blow off Deadpool’s right arm. Godslayer knew that wouldn’t incapacitate the merc for long. Billy then went to jump onto the Captain America, but a bullet ripped through his coat and Godslayer was forced to retreat to the stands, moving at incredible speed for a human.

Billy evaluated where the bullet came from. Then he spotted a man he recognized as the Punisher across the Stadium from him.

It was time for Billy to leave. As the blue masked assassin moved toward the exit, Wolverine dropped in front of him and threw a punch. Billy managed to dodge the blow due to his superhuman reaction time, but he was unable to dodge Cap’s shield as it hit him in the ribs.

Billy once again tried to escape by running toward the top of the stadium, but he ran smack into Deadpool, who promptly shot Billy in the left arm. Godslayer swept Deadpool’s legs out from under him and watched as the merc with a mouth fell down the stairs, taking out Captain America along the way.

Billy was wounded, but he would have to attend to that later. He now needed to focus on leaving the stadium. Billy dipped into the bowels of the sports complex. He was about to get out of the building when a laser hit him in the back of his right knee, causing him to collapse.

When Godslayer turned over he came to see the man in the mask and the red coat as well as Punisher.

“May I have the honors?” asked Punisher.

“By all means,” replied the other man.

The Punisher pulled his revolver, but before he could aim it, Billy pulled his 1911 and shot Punisher in the left shin, causing him to collapse. He then turned the gun on the guy in the red coat, but before he could get a shot off, Wolverine dropped from up above and drove his claws through Billy’s chest.

Billy felt the life draining out of him.

‘I’m not ready to die, there’s still so many people I haven’t killed,’ was his last thought as the Punisher recovered and put a round through Godslayer’s head.

---

The remaining Avengers, Logan, Peter Quill, Frank, and Nick Fury stood at the foot of a great tarp box that marked off a large. The group of heroes were facing a massive crowd of people in Central Park.

“Ladies and Gentleman,” began Fury, “Today we unveil a Monument to the Heroes that put their lives on the line every day, and to the Heroes that lost theirs fighting for what they believed in. I unveil to you, the National Monument to heroes!”

The tarps fell to reveal a series of statues, each of a hero, super or not, that had died in the line of duty during Godslayer’s reign of terror. In addition there was a granite wall with the words ‘Our Fallen’ at the top and spaces for names to go.

“From now on, any hero who falls in the line of duty shall be immortalized here in Central Park,” said Fury to the cheering crowd.

---

“I’m miss ‘em Steve,” said Tony.

It had been three weeks since the ceremony that unveiled the monument to Steve and Tony’s friends had occurred. It was currently two in the morning and the two were walking amongst the statues of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Spiderman, and every S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent that had fallen.

“We all miss ‘em,” replied Steve.

Star Lord had returned to his friends in space. Logan had decided he needed a break and returned to the Canadian wilderness for a while, he had said he would be back. Frank had accepted the invitation to officially become a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Avengers had gathered themselves, but they were decidedly missing a few key members.

Tony and Steve stopped at the statue of Natasha, “I think I miss her the most Tony.”

“I wish I could tell you I knew how you feel,” responded Tony, “But I have never lost my fiance.”

“I mean,” began Steve, “I’m glad you don’t know how I feel on that front Tony. I would never want my best friend to go through that.”

The two looked at each other and smiled. Even through this hell they had remained friends. The two took one last look at the statue of Natasha.

“If I’ve learned one thing in my life Tony, it’s that life goes on.”

“Amen brother. We better get going, we have to be ready for a crisis at any time.”

“Yeah, Earth needs it’s protectors to be well rested.”

The two laughed as they walked off into Central Park on their way back to the Avengers Tower. Their physical ordeal was over. The emotional one would last a long time, but as Cap said, Life goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back