• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings GeneriQuest (Always Open!)

Lixy

In Denial That I Have an Internet Addiction
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1FeyKvE.png

What a cliché it is, to open up in a dark and mysterious room. And what a cliché it is to point out your clichés in your story, as if this makes it okay and you, as an author, are "meta" or whatever the hell you want to say to excuse this overused rubbish. A cliché is a cliché, and by pointing it out, all you're doing is making sure that everyone notices it!

What's with those squares anyway? I bet there's a convenient and subtle way you could clue in the audience as to what they do.

Of course, why would you do that when you can follow the tone you've already set and be obnoxiously obvious! See, I can do it too.

F3qbmeq.png

Hey, you!

aVLHwpK.png

Yeah, you there!

vxKjVnx.png

No, the Eternal Darkness. Of course you! There's no one else here but me and the audience, isn't there? You, the purposefully simply designed and vaguely creepy mystery... thing. Designed to be mysterious and easy to draw!

utVrgkc.png

Hey! Stop that! What are you doing?

1FeyKvE.png

1FeyKvE.png

1FeyKvE.png

Well, shit.

1FeyKvE.png

b3hKZRp.png

What do you do?

RzwqZIa.png

Well, I'm not sure what we're supposed to do now.

QDLLuDi.png

Huh. Well, that's convenient. And also useless! Did you not see the strange spectral being that snuffed out the candle just one post ago? It's pitch...

i2whflm.png

Oh, look. More plot conveniences. I do love me some lazy writing!

JtOaUzZ.png

It's another one of these things. Looks like it's been burning for longer too.

What do you do?

VpD9LYG.png

It's good to see the strange helpful tips aren't going anywhere. Seems like whenever you turn up, the plot just happens to get moving.

MzkcHzR.png

E8cims6.png

I'll begrudgingly admit that wasn't a bad idea.
Looks like I have a MAKE-SHIFT TORCH now. Hope it doesn't melt away too fast.

Can I feel pain?

What do you do?

ZHHbIdO.png

It's not like there's anything else to do.

HLtkG2Q.png

I don't know what you expected, to be honest. Just more empty blackness. Feel free to pitch in with any other INGENIOUS suggestions.

kRkWb0W.png

Point taken.

AVmoPgO.png

It just looks like another candle, though, so it's still more of the same. I wasn't wrong.

SuDgDXg.png

Okay. Two candles. Big whoop.

s0HE2HN.png

You've got to be shitting me.

ATYkPFD.png

Whelp. Looks like we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

What do you do?

arsIGaG.png

What?

8DHGRIg.png

Oh, you were making a joke. I didn't know disembodied voices had senses of humour, but I guess we can't all be utilitarian all the time. 'Sides, what did you think I was going to do? Turn around and go where?

rBaer94.png

I hope you know this is going to be boring.

clkCx6x.png

Who lit all these? Where does one get so many candles in the Eternal Void? Does The Everlasting Darkness have a Costco?

GOrvbLv.png

I'm not sure what I really expected. Someone's a hoarder.
There's the strong smell of wax and vanilla in the air, if that's what I'm breathing, and there's a quiet hum that I can barely hear. No, not humming. Murmuring. Not like people talking, exactly, but a static, a white noise that can barely be heard over the sounds of silence and my own pulse.

UIFKor3.png

What? Oh. You. I guess there's no harm in trying.

v7j6uMe.png

That was hot. I guess I can feel pain.
There was a faint squeal as I blow out the candle, and the murmuring is quieter now, almost gone.

5qwBa72.png

42zyc5L.png

Well, it worked, if that was what you were trying to establish. The hot wax from the second candle hardened to the unburnt end of the first candle. I suppose this means I have an EXTRA-LONG CANDLE-TORCH now, which will probably burn for longer.
Something feels wrong with this. I shouldn't be doing this.

What do you do?

mLhQmRL.png

As stupid as that sounds, I think you may be right, faceless tooltip guide.

fSFI2Bs.png

Uh, hi. I don't know if you can like, hear any of this. I'm not even sure if I'm even saying anything out loud at this point, to be honest, but,

I guess what I'm trying to say is...

Sorry?

Jm3B0Hd.png

Kr52KdT.png

What the shit.

sGaHBL2.png

Oh, God. You too?

6NOIoWe.png

That's creepy as fuck and I'm at a loss for words. A candle I picked up in a shitty knock-off Purgatory just gave smoke-birth to the vaguely-formless being that I thought extinguished it. I'm so done with this reality. Can I switch to a different one, this story is not going where I wanted it to.

What do you do?

(( just a heads up that the cable to my tablet broke so it'll be a few days before the next update!! ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back