• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Forum Roleplay Front Page & Soundcloud

Lexielai

Cal Bear
Hey there, I'm Lexielai!

So, I'm a moderator for a Forum Roleplay called "Fairy Tail: A New Beginning," and while browsing through some of the other Forum Roleplays on this site I discovered some amazing front covers done by other roleplay creators. As an example, I was pretty impressed by this roleplay, called "Across the States and Back," which a had fantastic font, pictures, and even a soundcloud file to create something that fit the theme and looked very well put together: http://www.rpnation.com/forums/across-the-states-and-back.684/

Now, I'm not a coding expert, so I'm not particularly adept at html or whichever coding language is used to make these sorts of things, but I was hoping one of you fine gentlemen (or ladies), can give a tutorial of sorts to a dummy such as I about how to reproduce this type of effect. I'd love to create something similar for my own roleplay!

Thanks in advance!

Okay, thanks a bunch!

I managed to get the font and images working great, but I was curious on one more thing. In the roleplay I linked above in my first post, I saw that the creator managed to insert a soundcloud file in there. Is it possible for me to do the same, and if so, how?

Lexielai said:
Okay, thanks a bunch!
I managed to get the font and images working great, but I was curious on one more thing. In the roleplay I linked above in my first post, I saw that the creator managed to insert a soundcloud file in there. Is it possible for me to do the same, and if so, how?
At the moment the administration is working to get it so that Soundcloud files can be put into a thread post by BBCode.

However for this specific incidence, the user is using the embed HTML feature of Soundcloud. I believe you do it by going to the sound cloud and clicking the share option. However I do not know the specifics of that exact product as I do not use it.

You then take the HTML output from the shared embed code and put it directly into your Forum Description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back