Story For The Throne - Prologue + Chapter 1 (Rough Draft)

For The Throne Updates

that one random internet cat

Prologue​

Taria. A bustling city, the capital of the Kingdom of Eakheoral. There were constantly many people about, and it was practically impossible to find a spot that was free from the sounds of merchants, citizens, travelers and the like. Business was good in the capital, and tourism was a huge part of it. After all, it was here that the evil imposter, Demon Lord Vaonax, was slain by a great hero! It’s only natural that people would come from far and wide to visit the historic site. But what is the story behind this great event? Well, it started on the outskirts of Taria, in a small cabin. You see, a witch lived here, and this witch was named...

Chapter 1 - Oakleaf​

A crashing sound came from inside a small wooden cabin, along with a cloud of smoke. After a moment of silence passed, the front door slammed open and out came a young woman by the name of Oakleaf, coughing and trying to get a breath of fresh air in. Oakleaf was somewhat short, not to mention thin as well. She had heterochromatic eyes, one being a sky blue and the other being a lavender color. Her hair was a shade reminiscent of dirt, and in that hair lay a large pair of fluffy cat ears of the same color. Along with those was a large cat tail that flicked behind her in annoyance.
“GODS! Why did that bird have to fly in and disturb me? Stupid pest, now I have to start all over,” she hissed quietly. The neko closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead, taking a deep breath. “Alright, it’s not that bad. It’s just gonna take a bit longer to remake that potion. Aaand then I have to do that spell again.” She sighed before continuing. “You know what? Maybe I should just stop here for the day. I have to go back into town for supplies, anyway.”
Closing the door behind her, Oakleaf started to make her way toward the entrance to the capital. As she approached the entrance to the city, she made sure to cast a quick illusion spell to make her ears and tail invisible, as demi-humans weren’t exactly welcomed with open arms. Not as equals anyway. Shortly after she arrived in the capital city of Taria, she noted that it was busy as always, with people going up and down the street. However, despite how crowded it was, she met almost no resistance in making her way toward her usual stops.
She slowed her pace as she approached a stand that she regularly visited. Smiling at the young man behind the wooden frame in front of her, she began to speak as she began searching through a small pouch on her waist. “Would you happen to have any-”
Suddenly, the man cut her off and reached for a medium-sized box. “Yep, I have your usual order right here. You know, Oakleaf… You don’t have to keep asking if I have the same thing each time. I’ve got your schedule memorized by now, so it’s no problem to have your usual ready each time you stop by. Anyway, that’ll be 15 gold.”
Oakleaf tilted her head slightly, confused. “But isn’t it usually 30 gold for something like this?”
He shook his head and smiled widely, letting out a quiet chuckle. “Oh, but for you, it’s 15. You see, having regular customers is a rare sight, what with all these big shops showing up in the capital. Puts hard working folks like me at a disadvantage. So as long as you keep coming here regularly, you keep on getting that discount!”
Oakleaf gave him a smile before looking down and frowning almost immediately after. She could have sworn she brought some money with her, but there was none in her coin pouch. “Oh… Well I might not be able to afford it right now, but I’ll definitely come back later if you’d be so kind as to save it for me?”
“Of course, it’s such a small thing to do for my favorite customer!”

So, I wasn't sure if this was the place to put this, but uhhh... Yeah. Anywayyyyyy, any constructive criticism would be great! Remember, this is just the rough draft, so any suggestions will most likely be taken. I'm the only one in charge of the actual writing right now, so I'd appreciate any help! Thanks y'all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back