• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Flynn Rider (AKA Eugene Fitzherbert) Cosplay! How can I make this even better?

FirstAidan

the master of Eurgh
Hey guys!  

So I thought I'd share with you my mates cosplay, this is my favourite of all of my cosplays.  Purely for the way it appeals to little'uns who think you're real. Had one little girl say "I didn't know you were going to be here, Flynn!" As if I was one of the celebrity guests. 

Ive got my next con on November 5th and want to know if anyone has any ideas on how to make it better?  Obviously with working with what I have.  Not starting again....

Here are things I already know:

1. I know I need to Lose weight , which I am doing, but I'm not going to be in perfect shape for next week! But I am half a stone (like 7 pounds? Down. So I'm getting there!)

2. I am trying to grow my hair to a closer style to Flynn's, but once again, next week isn't really enough time to grown my hair fully!

3. Beard.  That's already sorted. Lost my beard sponge a day before.  So had to buy a god awful Halloween make up sponge. Found the beard sponge. All is well.

ive got a few pictures here, but I also post a picture of my boots. They're  customised by me. But none of the photos show them.

and there's also an actual Flynn Rider picture for reference.

one of the pictures will be an imgur link. Because it's not uploading on here for whatever reason...

https://imgur.com/a/7NwQ7

IMG_3260.JPG

IMG_3292.PNG

IMG_3296.JPG

IMG_3329.PNG

I don't know much about cosplay or really what I can do to help you out much, but Flynn does have a darker hair color. You mentioned hairstyle, but not hair color, so I dunno. Perhaps you could dye your hair, using hair dye hair dye or those spray paint thingies in a can? I dunno. Otherwise, it looks very, very good! 

I don't know much about cosplay or really what I can do to help you out much, but Flynn does have a darker hair color. You mentioned hairstyle, but not hair color, so I dunno. Perhaps you could dye your hair, using hair dye hair dye or those spray paint thingies in a can? I dunno. Otherwise, it looks very, very good! 

Thank you very much!  Lighting has that effect on my hair.  I dunno, in real life my hair is dark.  In pictures it's somehow lighter ‭¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  But it's something to consider.

i appreciae your help and your compliments! Thanks!

Thank you very much!  Lighting has that effect on my hair.  I dunno, in real life my hair is dark.  In pictures it's somehow lighter ‭¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  But it's something to consider.

i appreciae your help and your compliments! Thanks!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I've got nothing else to suggest in that case. You're welcome. Ehe.

My only comment is about the hair. While yours is not the length of Flynn's, you could still style your own hair to look the part. As for going darker, just some temp. hair dye should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only comment is about the hair. While yours is not the length of Flynn's, you could still style your own hair to look the part. As for goign darker, just some temp. hair dye should work.

Yup, thanks!  Im not very good with hair, usually I allow my hair to be the curly mop it is, because I've lost control, but ill get someone to actually do it for me next time (I live alone.  But I'm going to be at my grandmas Con morning next week so \ (•◡•) /) 

Also, I think if you could add some texture to the beard, that would help.

Have looked everywhere.  Nowhere sells that amount of beard.   It's either that and the moustache joined. Or like Viking beards.  Plus, knowing me, it won't stay on for five mins.  So I'm going to get a high quality stippling sponge.  The cheap ones do a Good trick (not as cheap as what I've used here, heaven forbid). But high quality ones do the world of a job!!

You don't nessacarily need to buy a beard. You just need to make it seem as though you have one, by texturing the chin makeup. There are tutorials on the web, somewhere.

And of course you will need to darken the color of the beard if you're darkening your hair, but that's obvious.

You don't nessacarily need to buy a beard. You just need to make it seem as though you have one, by texturing the chin makeup. There are tutorials on the web, somewhere.

And of course you will need to darken the color of the beard if you're darkening your hair, but that's obvious.

Just bought myself a new stipple sponge.  I've done beard makeup before (I've done Kili from the Hobbit). And I use a pretty dark brown face paint.  Let's pray it works 

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I did not realize you were from the U.K. I was going to suggest you come to the San Deigo Comic Con, (the U.S.'s big comic con), but that might be too much trouble.

Oh man, I did not realize you were from the U.K. I was going to suggest you come to the San Deigo Comic Con, (the U.S.'s big comic con), but that might be too much trouble.

Haha. No it's one of life's biggest goals though.  I really really really want to go.  But it's so big. I'd be worried my cosplay wasn't good enough.  Cosplays there are INSANE.  Like. Disney characters look like Disney World characters

And yeah, I've seen some of the cosplays when I've gone. I've never done one myself, but I assume they would be difficult to get totally right and then make them look amazing and everything. But seriously, if you really want to go, you should do it, despite costumes levels.

And yeah, I've seen some of the cosplays when I've gone. I've never done one myself, but I assume they would be difficult to get totally right and then make them look amazing and everything. But seriously, if you really want to go, you should do it, despite costumes levels.

Im going to save up.  Once I've got spare money to save up (we'll save and still go to cons here too haha)

Well, once you save up and get your passport and everything, contact me because I can, as I said before, get you a pass or two. 

For free, so don't worry about buying one.

@Scattered Ambitions @Ambela @jinkx

And anyone else who is interest 

here's an update

the hair die works a treat.  (Goes everywhere though). And my stipple sponge is the love of my life.... can't style my hair though.  It's like a scarecrows at the mo. Because it's humid where I am and I'm blessed with the Irish curly haired heritage !

IMG_3347.JPG

IMG_3362.JPG

IMG_3368.JPG

Thought I'd update my improvements that I've done to my cosplay in my last Con!!!  Had a ball yesterday. And so proud of how my costume looks.  Pulse I look thinner (I've lost about... 8 pounds?  Not much but in the right direction...).  And. HAIR GROWTH!!  

Still not quite there.  But it's an improvement!  And I've landed in most facebook albums. Which is sort of life goals.  Right?

im like one of those red carpet celebs who have one pose though.

theres another awsome picture to, but I'm posing with a child I don't know... so I won't post it.

IMG_3631.JPG

IMG_3631.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back