Eternity Calls - Rules

AnkleSnark

14th Level Swashbuckler

Rules

Listed below are a set of rules and guidelines both for character creation and in-character roleplaying that I expect to be followed in order to participate in this RP.

1) Expect my writing criteria and other methods of filtering to be strict. I want this to be a detailed and long-term roleplay, and as such I want it to be quality. Do not be surprised if I cut your character or simply deny you access to the RP if I don't think your writing (or any other quality, for that matter) is up to the task. This is less of a rule, more of a warning.

2) This will be a mature roleplay. Blood, gore, profanity, and other inappropriate-to-children material may be present, so be prepared for that. Of course, one must adhere to the RPNation site rules, but all else flies.

3) This will be a
detailed roleplay. If, at any point, a member tries to pass off a post that is less than a paragraph, I will issue a warning. If it happens again, the offender will be removed from the roleplay and I will work on finding a replacement. Keep things at a one paragraph minimum. There's no set number of lines I'll expect, though. All I want is a good amount of detail.

4) Romance will be present in the roleplay. It will not be
necessary, but a romantic element helps keep action roleplays diverse and exciting. While it will not be mandatory, the plot allows for easy transitions into romantic relationships, and such a relationship is heavily advised.

• That said, it is important to keep things realistic. We want these relationships to be more than surface attraction. Of course one can be attracted to another at first sight, but don't rush things out.
  • Additionally, there is no perfect relationship. Have fights. Get angry. No couple has ever been so in-tune that they simply work together always.

5) I, as the owner of this RP, have the right to accept or deny any character requests for any reason. That said, there are things you can do/avoid in order to reduce the chances of that.

• No godmoding. Everyone has vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and the lot. Combat is involved, and in combat, everyone is susceptible to being harmed.
  • No Mary Sues. This is meant to be a deep and diverse RP, and as such I'll be looking for deep and diverse characters.
  • Use spellcheck! I can't tell you how many scenes are ruined by excessive mistakes. I don't mind mistakes, of course, but if they happen I'd ask that you please edit the post to make it more coherent.

6) Characters may die in this roleplay. Note that I have the permission to decide the fate of any character in a potentially fatal situation. This decision will not be made by personal opinions, but by full analysis of the situation and all factors surrounding it.

7) Keep OOC conversations and issues in the OOC tab - that's why that tab is there! If you have read the rules, don't forget to put your character's sexuality, favorite color, and a hobby of theirs in the "Other" section of the CS. Also, try to keep character conflicts exclusive to the RP; don't go starting keyboard crusades against the player in the OOC.

8) There will be a specific post format to make things easy to follow when quickly reading. Please adhere to the format to ensure that the RP is uniform and easily readable.

Character Name

Major Location, Minor Location

The content of the post will go in the following lines. The font we will be using is the default "Book Antiqua" and the color will also be the default gray. Do
not change your text color, even for character dialogue. Please ensure that all pronouns and otherwise are in the third person limited point of view and that the post remains in past tense only. Use "quotation marks" when the character speaks and italicized text when the character has mental dialogue. There is no length limit, so be sure to add plenty of detail and explain everything to the fullest. Also, if you've read this far, go ahead and shoot me a PM letting me know. Thanks.

Daentel Aricelsio

School, Homeroom

Daentel stepped into his first period classroom with his books in his left hand and his smartphone in his right. Upon entering the room, he looked away from the dim glowing screen to take in his surroundings. It was earlier than most students would show up; there was still a good 15 minutes before the first bell would ring. Shrugging to himself, he found his way to a seat near the back of the room. He set his books onto the desk and let himself fall into the hard seat that was attached to it, still looking at his phone the whole time. He didn't mind being alone, and while he wasn't completely antisocial, he rather enjoyed it in the mornings.

He continued to enjoy sitting in solitaire for about 10 minutes before he heard the first footsteps from outside the door. It had to end eventually, he thought to himself. As the students began to file into the classroom and find their seats, the atmosphere shifted from its former relaxed feel to a more busy, noisy environment. Instead of finding others to talk to, he continued to go about reading on his phone to himself. He kept this up until he felt a tap on his shoulder. Without having to look up, he knew who was bothering him. "Yes, Rylia?" He asked, finally bringing his eyes away from the screen to look up at the girl who had stirred him.

Sorry if those were perhaps longer than normal. They're in place to ensure that this roleplay becomes - and remains - a fun and detailed roleplay for very one involved! I hope to see this go far. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back