• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fallen Stars

Darkbloom

Storm King of Superheroes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
"OKAY EVERYBODY, IT'S ALMOST SHOW TIME!" The professor walks with purpose through the backstage area, making sure everyone is here and calling people who aren't here to get their butts moving. Andrew is off in a solitary corner tuning his guitar when... A rowdy boy jumps onto his back without warning. "GAH!" He laughs and puts his guitar on the stand to wrestle his brother Kyle to the ground. "You'll never beat me like that, Kyle!" There's a bright twinkle in Andrew's eyes as he takes his victory and continues tuning his guitar.

Kyle sits up and pouts, having been sure he would've succeeded this time. "I can't believe you're the opening act! You've come so far in three years." Some silence follows before Kyle says quietly "Mom and dad would be proud..." He sniffs, trying not to cry. "Come here you little rascal." Andrew puts an arm around Kyle and rubs his back, almost becoming overwhelmed by emotions himself. Their parents had died five years earlier, leaving the two boys with enough money to get by. Kyle had always encouraged Andrew to pursue music.

The two brothers sat and went off about random things right up to the point where Andrew was about to get up on stage and sing an original song. "Break a leg!" Kyle told him, heading back to the audience. Andrew nods and waves, taking a deep breath. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. His guitar is fully tuned, his voice is ready to go, all he needs to do is step on the stage.

CreatureLady CreatureLady

Julia was laughing with some of her friends, shuffling along the rows of seats to their seats. Of course, they were going to go support their fellow classmates performing. Everyone in the music program was like a family. They all took the same classes together, practiced long hours together, and stayed up late learning new songs together. It was hard not to build a bond with almost everyone after that. Even the more competitive students had found joy in others getting a role afterwards. Although there was also another reason why Julia had come tonight, not that her friends were aware.

There was another student, Andrew, that she loved watching. He knew how to create beautiful music with his guitar, and it captivated her. Once she found out that he was in fact leading the show tonight, she knew she had to come regardless if she had studying she had to do for her own performance tomorrow. It wasn't a big performance and she doubt nearly as many people would come to it, but enough that she was nervous about it.

As the lights started to go out, she heard one of her friends whisper excitedly, "It's time!" Julia just smiled to herself and drawing her eyes up to the stage waiting for the professor to finish with acknowledgements so they could watch the performances. As if he could read her mind, no all of their minds, the professor ended with. "And now first up for our performance is Andrew with an original song he composed for this very event."

After he was announced, Andrew walks out onto the stage. The students cheered, not because he was everyone's favorite student. No, not at all. He had been working tirelessly on a full length album since his first year. He had personally talked to probably almost everyone in this audience for help with his guitar playing, song writing, and singing. The audience was cheering for all the progress he had made and was excited to hear the song he meticulously wrote for this night. Andrew steps up to the mic, saying "Hello everybody! Who's ready to get this thing staaaaarteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed?" The cheering gets much louder as the anticipation grows. He grins, and not wanting to keep them waiting any longer, places his fingers on the guitar and strums the first chord. It reverberates throughout the whole stadium, hitting the very core of every individual. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS! GET IT ON!" Kyle cheers, although only a handful of people around him hear it. Okay Andrew, you've been practicing so much for this. Let them have it!

(singing)
Will someone please radio for help?
Cuz I think I'm allergic to myself
And they think they can throw us all away
We gotta stop it before it's all too late

He holds the word "late" for a few seconds, playing the hard hitting guitar chords at the same time. It seems to make everything vibrate. Some people's glasses comically fall off as they scramble to put them back on again and keep cheering.

(singing)
There's got to be a better way
They dissect everything we say
To try to make us feel this way
And you can take the one thing I have left
I'd give it all away for so much less
Can even take the heart inside my chest
Whoa-whoa
And you can take the one thing I have left
Beat me to the ground and take my breath
But you can't take who I am
whoa-whoa

Kyle's special way of picking out unique people goes off in his head. He pauses for a moment to look around the crowd and he sees a girl up front and center watching his brother, leaning forward and looking pretty mesmerized by the song. He takes note of this and memorizes her features. Andrew, however, is quite oblivious. It's clear he's just having fun singing and playing this song for the audience. Right as Andrew finishes the last line of the chorus, he puts the side of his hand on the guitar strings to stop it from making noise while he sings the first line of the second verse with just his voice and then picks up playing again as soon as that first line is over.

(singing)
And I swear we were born to let you down
We scream but never make a sound
We point but don't know which direction
We are America right now

There's got to be a better way
They dissect everything we say
To try to make us feel this way

The song is going off perfectly! It's a nice catchy tune made to get people excited and in a mood to rock all night long, but this is the only song Andrew will be singing tonight because there are other performers, being the other students who studied alongside him. He goes through the chorus two more times and then starts winding down the song but his energy doesn't drop a single bit. He plays a progression for thirteen seconds before resuming.

(singing)
How can I be the same?
How can I say the blame?
How come I am so tired of all these charades?
How can I be the one?
How can I hold the gun?
How can I see if everyone else is to blame?

hey! hey!
Don't want to be the
hey! hey!
Don't want to see the
hey! hey!

Cuz we point the finger
Think everyone else is to blame

Everyone else is to blame

The song ends with the last line, leaving Andrew smiling out at the crowd on stage, waving to everyone. "Thank yooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu everyone! Have a great rest of the night. PEACE!" He walks victoriously off the stage to the chanting of his name. Heh, hell yeah! This is the right way to start things off! Backstage, Andrew wipes his face with a towel having gotten a little bit sweaty and takes a long drink of water. Kyle runs up and punches his shoulder. "YOU DID IT! THAT WAS AMAZING!" Kyle is still very much hyped from that song, bouncing off the walls (not literally). "Whoa! Settle down!" Andrew puts a hand on Kyle's head and tussles his hair. "Hey!" Kyle protests. "It took an hour to get my hair to look like this!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back