• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Extreme Written Gore

Bone2pick

Minority of One
This hasn't been an issue for me in the past because of the RP genres I've participated in. But recently I've been dreaming up horror roleplay concepts, many of which would tread into extreme gore and violence territories — John Carpenter's The Thing comes to mind. So I'm curious what constitutes appropriate written gore and how you determine if someone's writing is "extreme."

Also, why is this restriction in place?

This hasn't been an issue for me in the past because of the RP genres I've participated in. But recently I've been dreaming up horror roleplay concepts, many of which would tread into extreme gore and violence territories — John Carpenter's The Thing comes to mind. So I'm curious what constitutes appropriate written gore and how you determine if someone's writing is "extreme."

Also, why is this restriction in place?

I assure you that I doubt this rule will come up.

It's only ever come up once in the site's decade history and it was a professionally published horror writer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back