• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Exalted 3rd: Nexus

Arashi

"Going by that thud you made quite an entrance," deadpans Arashi, vaulting the wall. He turns his head, searching for the man's scent -- but the stink of rotting roses is hard to overcome. "The trail ends here. If we don't pick it up we're shit outta luck."

Gaspar Daskin

"Or perhaps," Gaspar's voice floated from behind the threesome, "you just need another place to start." Gaspar smoothed his coat down and offered a cordial nod to each of them. "Might I assist you?"

Twice-Blooming Flower

"Thank you," the slender woman says after letting go of the Doctor's back. "That was rather more of an exit than I could have managed on my one," she continues as she starts taking in their surroundings. When the newcomer enters the scene, she focuses on him and regards him with open curiousity.

Arashi

"Oh great, another stray joins the pack," says Arashi, wandering the garden, listening to the flap of the man's coat. "Since I'm collecting deputies today, you might as well. I picked up the man's scent, but it stops here. I'd look for clues, but..." he points to his bandaged eyes.

The Doctor

The large man gives a bow to Twice-Blooming Flower from his crouch, his eyes never leaving the scene before him. "You are most welcome, Mistress Mysterian. It was my absolute pleasure to take you for that ride." His lips twitch as if wanting to smile. "As for you, Dapper Dan," he says to Gaspar, "if Ocularus here doesn't mind, I certainly don't. And he's the head honcho. The main man. The primary private eye. The ace agent. The sovereign sleuth. The foremost flatfoot. He's calling the shots."

As the medico is speaking, his eyes roam over the scene in front of him. His gaze simply wanders, taking in the gestalt of the courtyard. He knows what an abandoned courtyard should look like. In taking in the total picture, he was looking for what he knows shouldn't belong. A bent piece of grass. A scuffed piece of dirt. A broken twig. Anything - anything - out of the ordinary. If for no other reason than to give Baby Blue something to choke on.

Spending 5m personal for Sensory Acuity Prana and 3m peripheral for Solar Perception Excellency for my courtyard gander.

[dice]22997[/dice]

With Sensory Acuity Prana, that's actually 3 successes, because of double 9s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaspar Daskin

"I see," Gaspar acknowledged amiably, joining them. "My name is Gaspar Daskin, consulting detective, as it may be. I believe we are both on the path of a killer of gang members, slavers and also a potential kidnapper."

And he joined them in looking. The key was the sign of a disturbance, signs that a human or humanoid being (accounting for materialized spirits and Fae) had passed this way.

5m - Crafty Observation Method

[dice]23001[/dice]

Double 9s and 1 auto sux thanks to the Charm, so the total is in fact 8 sux.

@Blackadder

The beginnings of a soft, half-filled gold coin emerge on the large man's brow as he glances around the park. That's merely something you catch out of the corner of your eye. What's more, this park. Overgrown, stinking of dead roses.

Like the Sun himself has cradled your eyes, the entire park appears limned in white gold. Footprints in the soil, hidden by the long grass. He was here. In fact, he still is, but where? ...Ah. He's taken to the trees. Somehow he's scrambled all the way to the top of one of the willows by the brackish pond. Seems... Yes, seems he's shat himself in nervous fear. Odd body language, shaking with fear, you can see him clear as day, limned red gold. It is very certainly the same man who did the deed back in the apartment building...and the leather shop. Yes. This is your stranger.

He dropped his gear in the water.

@Vanman

Footprints in the grass that you can make out only due to a few snapped blades of grass leading vaguely toward the pond...

And there, by the water, a bootprint upon one of the polished rocks.

Gaspar Daskin

Interesting. Gaspar made note of the suspiciously familiar circle in his mind as he approached the water. "Curious. Something had our culprit very frightened. And he left his belongings down in the pond. While he is huddling shit-stained in a tree up there."

Which Gaspar pointed out.

The Doctor

The Doctor's eyebrows raise at Gaspar's proclamation. "You're good," he whispers as he turns to Arashi. "He's good, Baby Blue. I saw footprints, in the grass and by the rocks on the other side of the pond, but I didn't see him. This might make our job a bit easier. What's it gonna be? Walk over surreptitiously and surprise him? Call out and let him know the jig is up? Or I can just rush over, punch the tree down, and go from there. Whaddya say, Patches?" the large man says to Arashi.

Stretching a hand back to Gaspar, The Doctor turns his head. "Pleased to meet you, Eagle Eye. The name's The Doctor. Glad to have you along on this little ride." With that, he gives the detective a wink and an impish smile.

Arashi

"Watch and learn, Doc." Arashi grips his blade. For a moment, everything is still as he quells himself. Then, the winds erupt. Fujin springs from its scabbard. A blast of wind blasts away any flowers that linger to the rotting bushes. The gust stirs the rancid waters of the look, blowing a wave across it. And, after one last, desperate moment, the tree will fall, gently at first.

The Doctor

Again, a large smile creases The Doctor's face as the blast of wind starts to rise. From his crouching position, the healer's legs piston upward, launching him into the air. Grabbing the cloth over his shoulder with both hands, a snap of his arms stretches the clothing out so that it catches the wind, carrying the medico over the pond, much like a sail. Once he reaches the opposite side, The Doctor releases the fabric, drops the the ground and, sticking out his hand, catches the tree before it hits the ground. His other hand shoots into the foliage and grabs the shit pantsed occupant therein.

Yanking the murderer clear of the verdure, The Doctor stares at the man with brutal intensity. "Well, Shit Grub, wanted to lead us a merry chase, eh? You can see how that turned out for you. You'd better hope those in charge are in a more merciful mood than I am." The physician turns his head so that those across the pond can hear him as he speaks in a raised voice. "Oculus, fair warning: INCOMING!!"

With a casual snap of his arm, the criminal is hurled over the pond to fall at the blind man's feet.

I am spending 3m of peripheral on Excellent Solar Athletics for the roll to get across the pond. Let me know if I need to roll anything to either catch the tree or throw the criminal.

[dice]23337[/dice]

@Skrakes @Vanman @Blackadder @Esbilon

A deft, graceful impossibility unfolds when the blind man strikes invisibly and the healer leaps 'cross the water like a feather in the wind. The lurching snap and groan of the tree is muted, lesser, for all this. Booming words, threatened violence. With the practice of a pitch player, the man comes hurtling back trailing dust and leaves and bits of matter best left to morbid imagination. A yell long and broad like a comet follows his hurtling self.

@Skrakes roll what you see fit, either Strength + Athletics or something more clever!

@Skrakes

Like the short-stop in that strange game of Marukan, you catch the man with little effort, little worry. He's spouting and babbling for mercy, but what hits you is the smell. He really did drop a load in his pants. So much for ice cold assassin.

@Vanman @Esbilon @Blackadder

The man is spilling his life story or all of his mother's best recipes for how fast he's talking. One underlying theme? please don't kill me please don't kill me

The Doctor

The big man's nose wrinkles as he lifts the man up and looks at him. Then The Doctor shakes his head and turns to Arashi. "Dunno about you, Opticus Prime, but this shit stain doesn't really seem like he has the testicular fortitude to carry out the ritualistic murder of our lovely slave trader. I'm disappointed, really, because I was looking forward to punching something really, really hard. It helps if that something has the balls to fight back. Or, at least, that his pants aren't full of shit. But that's not really a necessity. You seem exceedingly skilled with that pig sticker there. I bet you could flay this snot speckle and keep him alive for days." The medico shrugs. "Truth be told, I don't think this cock maggot actually committed the murder. I think he's a prattering patsy. A feckless fall guy. A sniveling scapegoat. A duplicitous dupe. Maybe if he could give us another targ.....?"

The Doctor begins to laugh, slightly shaking the man as he does so. "Nooooooooooo," the physician says, snorting twice. "This cum fart is a criminal mastermind. He planned and executed every part of the plan. Well, boys, I suppose we do this to the pain. So. Who wants first crack?"

Arashi

The Opticus grins at the doctor. "A few days in the Council's dungeons ought to loosen his tongue." Arashi drives Fujin straight between the man's legs, missing something very precious by a hair. "Unless, of course, he would prefer to talk now. Because whoever put you up to this... he's not the one you should be scared of at this precise moment in time."

Arashi

"Try me, scumbag." Evil grin. "And maybe you shouldn't be so quick to guess about what we have and haven't done."

Gaspar Daskin

While 'Baby Blue' prodded their captive, Gaspar examined him - to see beyond the utter panic and fear demonstrated.

Taking Profile Character action.

[dice]24546[/dice]

The Doctor

The big man just stares at Shit Pants for several moments and then he guffaws. "Have I ever....? Son, I'm a doctor. I've popped, pulled, torn, ripped, squeezed, slapped, punched, yanked and caressed most EVERY part of the human body. I know you're not trying to scare us. At least I HOPE you're not. Cause it's a damn poor attempt if you are."

The Doctor looks at the man and then shakes the fist holding the murderer vigorously. "There's probably NOTHING you can tell us that would make sense out of what you just did. But. Given where you are, and given the...resources...arrayed against you - don't you think you'd better at least TRY to explain? Then at least you have a hope. It may NOT make sense. But then again...it might. To choose to say nothing, though. That is a poor decision. A poor, poor decision. Now. You have to ask yourself. Are you going to make a poor decision? Or are you going to make the right decision? It's there for you to make. All you have to do is...make it."

@Blackadder

Bodily mishaps aside, there's something just left of right about him. A rigidity of face and limb as if he were fighting with himself. All the showing skin is bruised and bloodied from his work in preparing his victim. Pupils cyanotic, sclera badly inflamed. Covered in a strange soot you can't quite place.

He reeks of incense.

Twice-Blooming Flower

With a swagger that is rather unlike her previous confused demeanor, Twice-Blooming Flower walks up in front of the shit-stained criminal and squats before him. She puts her finger on his chin and moves his head until her face is all he can focus on, and with a grin brimming of confidence, she says "come on, friend, tell me what put you up to that little bit of henchman-work. You're someone's patsy, I know it, you know, hell, your mother likely knows it. Give 'em up, and things will go much more pleasantly for you, yes?" She finishes with a wink.

Sorry about my long, long silence. I'm invoking the Familiarity aspect of Seasoned Criminal Method, and activating Harmonious Presence Meditation for the Scene out of my Personal pool.

@Skrakes @Vanman

"...inside my head. He was me! ME! He used my hands... He was me! ...he was me..." His body shudders in Arashi's hand as a fresh wave of stink and the sound of mud splattering on the stones. The veil falls away from his face as he seizes, lips foaming.

Gaspar Daskin

"He's not lying." Gaspar surmised. "Bodily controlled by another individual. Incense, unusual soot - he was probably at a temple recently."

The Doctor

"Oh...by the labial lips of Mother Gaia!!! Put him down, Opticon, or he may die before we get anything more out of him!" The Doctor kneels down beside the foaming pawn and places his hands over the seizing cat's paw. He closes his eyes for a moment and let's the Unconquered Sun's grace fuse his body, then feels that grace focus in his hands. When he opens his eyes, he moves his hands over the man, allowing the Essence to touch the skin, to seep into his patient. The Essence spreads throughout the spasming thief, touching every part of the convalescent. The Essence, directed by the medico's knowledge and training, seeks out those parts of the bedlamite that are wrong, that do not belong that may be foreign. Is this foaming due to illness? Or poison? What can The Doctor do to make sure he survives? A piece of shit this man may be, but for now, he is The Doctor's patient, so the big man will do whatever he can to save the rube.

@Cthulhu_Wakes

OOC - I am using Flawless Diagnosis Technique to determine what is wrong with Ol' Foamy here. I am also spending 4m on Excellent Solar Medicine to assist the roll. So that's Per+Med+ESM=2+3+4=9 dicen for the roll.

I'd love to make the roll but they seem to have removed the dice rolling link on the website. Know where I should go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back