Ebbil...

That can happen in l5r
Yeah I know, normally I dont have a problem with it. It's the rokugani way, and usually, I play it as it stands.

It was just the way the player handled it and played it out. It was very very casual the whole affair, she was proud of herself for thinking of a 'nove' solution to the problem. The act didn't bother me all that much, just the players attitiude. (not the characters, obviously, there's a difference)

I think I woould have been more comfortable if she had just cut the poor old washer woman down on the spot.

I reserve evil for PCs who are terminally stupid or who are evil themselves.  I once had a guy playing a Solar who thought that being one the Exalted allowed him to rape any woman that he wanted.  Eventually, he was cornered by a mob of mortals.  They took him down after he finally ran out of Essence.  He killed fifty or sixty of them (the rest of the group was fighting for their lives).  The mob did not kill him.  They gelded him, cut off his hands and feet and blinded him.  They packed salt into his wounds and set him on a raft on the sea, warded to repulse Demon and God, Elemental and Ghost, Fair Folk and Mortal, Animal and Exalt.  They even erected a shade for him and had a water barrel with a drip close enough so that he would be able to sip water.  It took him six weeks to die of starvation.

He got taken down by mortals? He must have REALLY been stupid. though, I think its mean to the other players to make them sit through enough combat to kill 60 townspeople. I would've just had one of his victims be the daughter of someon powerful, who would then get pissed and administer similar punishments, and become an ally or enemy of the others depending on their actions.

No no! Let his next victim be some kind of fair folk shapeshifter who turns into a 12 foot ogre and rapes him back. Describing it in enough detail would probably disuade him from doing it again. The ogre would, of course, be hired by the townsfolk. Or maybe just live off the essence of rapists.

We had something akin to that happen in Earthdawn. PC was a very, very attractive beastmaster and for whatever reason, she did something to entice a minotaur and promptly was raped...and that NPC became a staple of the game because no one liked the PC that was raped or it's player x.x

Oh, and by the way :)

I just comitted an other act of evil to one of my players today, though it was of another kind. And more evil to the player than to the character.

He, a solar, and a mortal NPC was on a journey in the threshold and guested a nomadic tribe. The people of the tribe were really hospitable (after establishing that they were no threat) and treated them with food, drink and tobacco. Through a regular party for them. Afterwards they all left the tent for the two of them to sleep in alone, but as the last tribesman stepped out two young girls stepped in. They start to take their clothes off (and here I can see the panic in the players eyes). When the two men started to explain, that they weren't interested in the girls' affections as they were both affiliated at home the girls explain with gestures, that they want to have their children, pointing to the solars hair, eyes and muscles. I have never seen my friend blush that much. He had no idea what to do :)

After a while one girl got her father, who was the old shaman of the tribe and he just explained the same, proudly displaying his daughters.

Battousai said:
There was an L5R game where one of my players cut the ears off of a peasant who had been gossiping too much. While the act in itself could have been worse, it was the manner in which the player in question approached it that got to me. I dunno...it just...bothered me afterwards.
 Ears? How inappropriate. The punishment should fit the crime. IF the peasant listened to too much gossip, that's one thing...

Out with his tongue!

worst thing i ever done was to kidnap the mortal mother of an god-blood player, make him lure another exalted player into the grasp of a faerie noble with the promise that he will see her mother alive again and when he delivred his companion to the noble, he got his mother back alive but half last to the madness.

all this happened w/o any other player knowing what was going on, my whole table of player tought that the god-blooded player was a traitor.

it took a whole game for them to clear the things out.

Exalted are good, but no Exalted can take on a mob of mortals if they lack the appropriate Charms.  The character was Dawn Caste and specialized in Melee Charms.  Now, imagine that you have a group of five Solars being hunted down by a mob of 1000 mortals, all of whom are high militia quality because they have had to fight off pirates and bandits their entire life (average Valor 3).  Even if they are only equipped with pickforks and large rocks for throwing, they will eventually beat a Solar to death (the Solar, no matter his defences, will eventually botch enough rolls within a minute to be beaten to death if a 1000 rocks a turn are being thrown at him).  The rest of the Circle, seeing the number of people against the one Solar, left him for dead, the best decision that group ever made.

Yes, he managed to kill sixty mortals before he was pummeled into submission, but there was no way he could have survived.  You need Sorcery to kill off that many people.

You have to also remember that I don't use extras.  Normal Mortals are less impressive than heroic mortals, but they are still people.

I would just let him kill the mortals, make a shadowland out of it and let him deal with his conscience.

Yeah >.> welcome to a lot of my PCs' characters back home. 'What? I only slayed thirty of them...what!?' *headdesk*

Well really. Wrong game for that person. Playing solars is a whole lot about the great curse and what is important morale wise. I really could not write any good plots for people like that. Might sound harsh but I would look for other players.

Well, they learned and most of them weren't heartless pricks, thank God. I had some people who really, really played their Virtues. God, we had a 4 Compassion Solar Twilight, she was...wow. She loved everyone. Drove my Siderial to burn down a boat in a rage of disbelief and frustration. It was a real long session and she had been trying his nerve with the STUPID amounts of kindness, so he had it when she was nearly raped by a ship captain, my character saves her, tells her what nearly happened.

Her response? "If he had asked I would have let him." So yeah, lesson here is, don't test a twitchy Chosen of Endings trying to think this Gold Faction deal is a good idea. Burned that damn boat to the water line.

Wow. That doesn't really sound 'good' so much as 'stupid' on her part though... 'Letting him' would hardly be conducive to the captain's spiritual growth, and I doubt US would exalt fools...

That is why I screen players before inviting them to a session.  At least one person has to step forward to vouch for them before we play...

Indeed. I'm picky anymore, only letting certain people from my old group play when I go back home. One is a mad power monger/loves to have the game go his way and there are a few others I could do without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back