Ariana L. Zella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathkitten

I am the Deathkitten! Fear me!
SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

how_draw_rachnera_monster_musume_11-jpg.388448

Last edited:
Amy's small stature almost made her look like one of the other students at the school, if it weren't for the sign she was holding up. Compared to a lot of the teachers, Amy looked like she just rolled out of bed and threw some clothes on, but she still wore a white buttoned down shirt with rolled up sleeves, khaki pants and a pair of grey converse, so she looked somewhat professional. She also looked very tired, like she stayed up all night working on something. She had bags under her eyes and she looked slightly pale, but that could've also just been her regular complexion. Like any other year, Amy was tasked with teaching the nerds tech students.

Amy sighed but still maintained a smile as she looked at the students who were forming into her line. Some of them were pretty impressive during their entrance exams but a lot of them barely made it... she had a lot of work to do this year on these kids. She'd then look over Guyle, his abilities were certainly unique but based on what she was told and what she saw in the video recording of his entrance exam, he didn't do so well on being aware of his surroundings, which was something he needed to learn and improve on. It was also her number one pet peeve in terms of entrance exams - since Amy was constantly watching the surroundings of her team when she worked in the field. Amy yawned and looked over the kids in front of her, she tried really hard to talk in a normal voice, much to Headmistress Astrella's request, but some sarcasm still came out of her:

"Why hello there my rays of sunshine. I am Dr. Codex, I'll be teaching you all this year. We will be doing stuff, and things and I'll be showing you the ropes around here." Amy would sip her coffee which she held in her left hand while she held the sign in her right. "Mmn... coffee... so, you have any questions? Otherwise we'll get started."

Last edited:

Guyle Heston
A.K.A BullWhip​
Guyle made his way to his new teacher with a smile, he'd made sure that he waved goodbye to Runa beforehand, telling her it was likely they'd end up meeting again.

The wannabe hero's eyes turned to his new teacher, she was remarkably short and admittedly looked a little on the grubby side, her style reminded him a little of a tired dad. In all honesty, he'd nearly ended up walking off at the Rays of sunshine line, but decided it was best he just bear with it. When she asked her students whether or not they had any questions, he had some hesitation before speaking up. He'd nearly raised his hand as well, but decided against it since she seemed more casual, if somewhat strained than him.

"Soooooo... How the hell does this place fly? I assumed it was either some amazing technology or magic... orrrrrrr both?"

"That would be a pretty good guess. We use an assortment of magitek to keep the school in the air, which is basically technology fueled by magic if anyone was wondering. I unfortunately can't go into detail on how it works, we don't want our secrets to be common knowledge or villains might use that against us." All of a sudden, a boy who couldn't have been older than fourteen shot his hand in the air. "Yeah?

"And what kind of powers do you have exactly? No offense but you don't exactly look like a powered person." Amy chuckled at that. "First of all, rude. I was going to tell you when we got into the classroom but I can tell you now. So a typical human being has about ten percent of their brain's capacity unlocked, dolphins have about twenty percent, and I have about thirty percent of my brain unlocked. So if anyone were to categorize me, my power would be super intelligence." A girl then asked "Could you show us?" Amy tapped her chin for a moment. "Maybe later on in the classroom or one of the gyms if I have enough time to show you the training areas. Anything else?" The class remained silent as they all stood obediently in line. "Alright good, let's head inside." Amy would turn on her heel as Guyle's classmates - the new tech students began to follow behind her.

Guyle Heston
A.K.A BullWhip​
The young boy nodded quietly to himself as he followed along near the front of the class, a few students behind his teacher. He pulled back his right sleeve, clenching his hand into a fist and making an open palm again; he repeated this action a number of times as he listened to the gentle whirr of his motors before murmuring, a combination of curiosity and satisfaction plagueing his face "Magitek... hmm..." perhaps he could request some improvements on his enhancements, or contact Bloodhound for some assistance.

He earnestly followed along, on occasion he began rummaging through his pockets, hands fiddling idly with his phone or rubbing his fingertips gently against the ridges on his house keys. He realised he wouldn't be needing them, but it was both due to habit and preparedness that he'd unconsciously slipped the ring of keys into his pants pocket, and as always, he kept his sports bag with him, albeit he wasn't rummaging through that since it would be far too obvious he was fiddling.

As they got further down the main hallway Amy would gesture to some lockers against the wall. "These are some of the lockers we have in this school, they are not required to have or assigned but you can request to have a locker in any building you wish, as long as we have one available for you." She'd then point to a hallway to her left. "This hallway leads to an outside path which takes you to the theatre. That's where we'll have school assemblies if we ever have any. Also down that way leads to an underground hallway that will take you to the observatory. If you're interested in outer space and science, I recommend checking it out, it's a very nice facility. I go there often to study the stars during my free time."

Amy would walk a little bit further down and pointed to some glass double doors which led outside. "Those paths over there lead to the gyms and training area, if we have time I'll show you them later on. Our classroom, as well as our section is up on the second floor." she'd walk over and gesture to a nearby flight of stairs, which were next to the double doors. "So allow me to show you the tech area of our school. It's my pride and joy and I hope you all will be impressed." Amy and the students began walking up the stairs.

As soon as they were on the second floor, the students would notice that the hallway was wide, clean, and modern looking. One of the walls had large windows which showed the inside of a large lab or workshop. The door leading inside would be labeled 'Engineering Lab'. Aside from the doors to classrooms, a door leading to a small library, and lockers there was also a small display case with medals and awards, along with framed pictures of past students inside.

Upon entering the second floor, the students would also notice a human shaped robot and a robotic cat nearby to greet them. While the cat was mostly robotic looking, it had a purple glow to it, maybe it was the lights that were inside of the cat.. or maybe it was this magitech that Amy was referring to earlier. The humanoid robot looked mostly 'robotic' in appearance but it stood and talked like a regular human being, aside from the slight digital pitch to his voice.

"Hello students! Welcome to the tech floor." The robot said as the robotic cat meowed and dashed up to Amy, jumping into her arms. Amy would give the cat a pat and a tired smile as she gestured to the more humanoid-like robot. "This is Larry, he's my assistant. I built him myself. Don't be fooled by his robotic appearance he can help you if you have any questions on your work or the class if I'm not around. He also manages the engineering lab here." she'd smile and tap the window that showed the lab. "The engineering lab is special to me because when I attended school here so many years ago, we didn't have many facilities to upgrade and fix our own gear and now we do! Anyone, even students from other departments are allowed to use this lab."

Amy then pointed down at the robo-kitty she was holding. "And this is my beloved cat Felix. My husband and I made him when we were still attending school here. He's a robot fueled with arcane power, a combination of our abilities. Feel free to take a look around, in a few minutes I'll show you all to the classroom." Students began dispersing to look around, some even going inside the engineering lab and library to check things out.
A-robot-sitting-at-a-desk-012.jpg
robot-cat.jpeg

Last edited:
~ Mia (NPC) ~​
ai-girl-png.384531
A young girl who was fiddling with an old-looking PDA followed along with the group quietly. She seemed shy and relatively unimportant. That's how the girl wanted it, really. She looked almost the same as any other girl, sleek black hair that draped to her midsection, grey-blue eyes... Normal. She did, however, have a sheen to each strand of hair that made it look like tiny metal strings in the light. Her eyes which otherwise looked perfectly normal, had little lines of circuitry like lightning through the iris that were more noticeable when you were right up on her.

She was only barely paying attention to the teacher, and unlike many others, she seemed morose in being here. She hadn't had a choice in the matter, though she was not one of the delinquents. A special case in and of itself. She walked beside another man, who at a glance she could tell was a cyborg. Metal bits in with flesh. A sigh escaped her delicate lips. She wasn't supposed to be nosy. She should make friends instead.

"Hi," she started shyly, "I thought your question was quite keen. It shows a great deal of interest in the mechanics of the world, and that's fantastic." Was that too formal of her? Crap. She hadn't even said her name... What was she meant to call herself again? "My name is Mia, by the way."

Once they were up in the Tech classroom, Mia was absolutely enamored. "Your expertise precedes you, Doctor Codex," she said with a big smile, still sticking by her hopefully new friend. The smile wavered a little though. Damn it. She wasn't supposed to be so formal. Humans hate formality like that. Especially young ones... She was so bad at this. She was an AI... the only one at the school, and one of very very few in existence... and she was sucking at acting normal. It was so frustrating for her.

(( SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines OnyxReaper OnyxReaper ))

Attachments

• AI girl.png
    AI girl.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
(( OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Hey! Just so you're aware, I'm going to be taking over this thread for the time being. Same teacher for now, until I can come up with a good reason it'll change and have someone to change it to. :P ))

Guyle Heston
A.K.A BullWhip​
Guyle grinned as he flexed his arm a little, not for any particular reason other than to deal with his shoulder, the weight of the sportsbag had begun to be a little annoying; and he wanted to get it back into position before it slipped off.

He took his time as he followed Amy along, hanging at the back of the students as he continued to flex his arms, kicking out his legs in janky, quick movements and cracking his fingers; lastly he rolled his neck, jerking it to one side as he hear a sharp but gentle CRACK. Just because he was mostly flesh, sinew, muscle and bone didn't mean that his mechanic elements didn't have issues. If anything they made it worse; staying completely still for a while (which he had been whilst lying in bed, experiencing the virtual villain attack) always seemed like it slowed his movements, he felt sluggish and rusty. It was a godsend that Guyle was a restless sleeper, if he didn't roll around and reposition himself in his sleep, he figured it was likely he may be incapable of getting out of bed in the morning.

As they were taken into the engineering lab, a girl moved towards him, circuitry seemingly dimly sparking in her eyes. Though Guyle didn't notice that there was anything different about her compared to a regular person. He listened as she talked, offering up a smile to her slender and friendly face before speaking on his own; though he felt like he'd regret his words. "Ah... Well... I may be interested in tech and all that... but I honestly don't understand how much of it works, I know enough to keep myself functioning, even then I have to get tune-ups every now and then... In all honestly the stuff that's in me ain't even that advanced, functions a lot like the prototype exoskeletons that the US and British military were trying out in the early 2000's..." He went a little red, though simply frowned rather than acting embarassed, trying to stop technobabble from erupting from his mouth again.

Sadly, he couldn't stop himself, and kept on speaking.

"The thing is, I wanna know how this place stays afloat... I know this probably isn't a great thing to say on the first day, but I get a bad feeling about essentially being on a flying island..." He turned to her again, smile fading a bit, instead replaced by a questioning, inquisitive look. "Tell me, what do you think will happen if this academy stopped flying and any teachers or staff that could fix it were otherwise occupied or incapacitated?..." He frowned at himself again "Sorry, I know, a little morbid, but I ain't that tough, always better to have any info I can gather y'know"

~Dr. Amy Codex~​
Amy chuckled at the questions of the boy, looking at him with raised brow. The other girl who she knew as Mia was trying her best to be sociable, but this individual seemed far more interested in asking depressing questions. Despite the question being asked towards Mia, she responded herself, "Well, there are of course fail-safes, but those are also very secret so that people can't take advantage of it. Since we teach super-powered individuals, there's a natural dange-"

She was cut off by her phone ringing out loudly. Amy recovered from the small startle the phone had given her and answered it in short order. Her face turned a bit sour as she raised a finger to the class, "I'll be back in just a moment. Please behave." With that, she was out, then back in after about five minutes.

Amy sighed and folded her arms, speaking loudly so everyone could hear her, "Considering the possibility of the OA threat becoming reality, I have to go. I don't know when I'll be back, unfortunately, so you're going to be moved over to another teacher. Her name is Ms. Zella. She'll be here shortly. Again, I ask you all to behave while you wait. Larry can keep a watch on you all. I apologize for this, but this is the reality of hero work. You never know when you're going to get called out.

(( OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Daniel Reaving Daniel Reaving - This thread is now Ariana L Zella's, played by Daniel reaving. Enjoy!))

Ariana had been in the library until one of the administrative aids had called onto her. Curious she had quickly answered only to become nervous and confused. They told her she was taking over Amy's job for an uncertain amount of time. This honestly made Ariana anxious, Was Amy ok? Did she quit? These questions flooded through her head as she collected the basic things needed for the class and started down that way. Doing her best to not take up most of the hallways on her way there. The more she thought about it the more butterflies filled her stomach. She was excited about this chance to teach for more than a couple days, excited to be able to make her own plans for the class and get to know students, though at the same time she was anxious. What if they didn't like her? Would they be scared of her? Would her being the teacher drive all the students to change classes and get out of tech. As she approached the stairs she pushed those thoughts away and took a deep breath. Looking at a window she quickly brought a hand to her hair. making sure she looked ok before she nodded at her self. "You got this girl don't worry." She said to her self before nodding once more.

Walking to the stairs she could hear the students up there and let out one more sigh to compose her self. Then she made her way up the stairs trying her best to not make the creepy crawling sound her legs often made on the floors and stairs of the school though it didn't really work. As she approached the top of the stairs she could see the students despite only being half way up the stairs. Smiling brightly at them as she got up the stairs she ignored a few shocked faces and focused on introducing herself. "Hello every one my name is Ariana. Though Amy probably introduced me as Ms. Zella. Ill be your knew teacher this year. I do hope we all get along and have a great year together. If anyone has any questions just let me know!" She said to them happily as she looked over each student to start to familiarize herself with them. It seemed to be going well so far which was a good sign. though of course she had only been with the class about 20 seconds. She had no idea how they would react but she hopped for the best!

Last edited:

Guyle Heston
A.K.A BullWhip
The boy was somewhat concerned when Amy darted off, he'd wanted to ask a few more questions; but her final point was something he agreed with, it was only natural that powerful people and heroes would have duties besides teaching. Nevermind, he wasn't familiar with the woman, but he did wat to quiz her about robotics and cybernetic enhancements. Hopefully, her substitute (or replacement) was just as knowledgeable. Either way as long as they were what Guyle considered to be a 'decent person' he didn't mind.

Clack Clack

It sounded like something sturdy and thin, like nails hitting hard floors, Guyle recalled a movie he'd seen when he was younger, where a number of giant spiders were surrounding a little wizard kid with a scar. It sounded just like that.

When Ms. Zella came into view, the boy would have to admit that he had to look over her body again, not from attraction, but curiosity, and he was sadly, slightly unnerved. It didn't show on his face, nor did he react in a grandiose way, it was merely that his eyes would glance over her periodically before looking to the ceiling or floor. He listened to her carefully, from he words it was apparent he wouldn't be seeing Ms. Codex again, well, atleast in the context of her being his teacher, and Ms. Zella was her replacement. He finally managed to fix his eyes on the spiderwoman as she finished speaking, determined to show some modicum of politeness, even if he did find it difficult.

"It's nice to meet ya Ms. Zella, I hope we get along as well"

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
Just a friendly hello. :angel:
me
Umm... Hello?
me
Should I know you?
them
Not yet.
them
$ sudo apt-get install nial_liv
me
Just tell me who you are, I'm not a big fan of mysteries
me
I don't know what that was, but I'm wiping this phone
them
Lol. I was just teasin' you. I derped and c/p'd a thing I was doin' for prep. I'm a tech student. I was installin' a package and did that in the message instead.
them
Sorry bout that. I texted a buncha new students as soon as their scores got through. Getting a head start on meeting the newbies and all that. Teachers get kinda pissed when I do stuff like this, so don't tell on me? :P
me
I'm not gonna tell on you, unless of course you did do something, in that case I'll flip my shit lol.
them
Nah, lol. Happy to have more students. Glad ya got in.
them
2 months away and now you're doing the grand old tour. What do ya think so far? Havin' fun?
(( OnyxReaper OnyxReaper ))

Guyle Heston
A.K.A BullWhip​

CAUSE BABY THERE AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH, AIN'T NO RIVER WIDE ENOU-

Guyle's hand quickly snapped into his pocket to silence his phone, admittedly he had the feeling this sort of thing would happen considering rather than a simple DING, he went for a full song for any notification rather than just calls. Like an idiot. But he liked the song, so could anyone really judge him too harshly?

He knew it was rude, but in all honesty, he had to check. The only people that had this number were his parents, Bullethound and... he slid his phone out of his pocket, just enough for his eyes to glance at the name on the text. He didn't know the person's name, so in his phone they were simply Creepy Text Boi. Guyle took a moment to ponder over whether or not he could reply, whether or not it would be a humungous dick move in front of a seemingly already nervous teacher... he was fast, he was sure it'd just be a second... but still, he should be somewhat polite...

"Excuse me Ms. Zella, would you mind if I take this? it's important" the boy simply pointed to his phone before unlocking it.

Sudo
them
Welcome to the school.
them
Just a friendly hello. :angel3:
me
Umm... Hello?
me
Should I know you?
them
Not yet.
them
$ sudo apt-get install nial_liv
me
Just tell me who you are, I'm not a big fan of mysteries
me
I don't know what that was, but I'm wiping this phone
them
Lol. I was just teasin' you. I derped and c/p'd a thing I was doin' for prep. I'm a tech student. I was installin' a package and did that in the message instead.
them
Sorry bout that. I texted a buncha new students as soon as their scores got through. Getting a head start on meeting the newbies and all that. Teachers get kinda pissed when I do stuff like this, so don't tell on me? :P
me
I'm not gonna tell on you, unless of course you did do something, in that case I'll flip my shit lol.
them
Nah, lol. Happy to have more students. Glad ya got in.
them
2 months away and now you're doing the grand old tour. What do ya think so far? Havin' fun?
me
In all honesty, I was expecting something a bit more rigid... I literally just watched my assigned teach ditch on us after like five minutes, new one seems nice though, I still don't know who you are y'know, though by the way you act, you certainly know who I am. Is it a specific interest, or are you like this with everyone? ;D

As quick as it came out, the flip phone quickly slid back into his pocket, admittedly, emoji were an absolute bastard to do on the damn thing so he took a little longer than he had intended.

Ariana had started to get nervous as the silence drew on. It felt like hours before one of the students finally spoke a boy with an average look as they come. His courtesy and obvious work to not make it obvious he was at least a little taken aback by her stature was appreciated. Smiling at the boy she spoke back. "As do I mister uh." She said as she then looked to a paper she held with the books she was carrying. It was a student roster though no student photos where on it so she was just skimming through the list of names. If she had to be honest she was kinda waiting for him to speak up with his name so she could recognize the voice and face to it. Once he had she would give him a sweet smile before she turned to the class. "Well everyone Shall we continue with the tour of the tech area? As im sure you are all aware this area is kind of built specially for our class. So once we get to know each other more and I feel I can trust you all each of you will be given unrestricted access to each of the Facilities we have here. And yes before you ask. We do have some special areas and tech that only tech students are allowed to use." She said smiling at them all.

"Now lets head to the class room. There we can chat a little before we tour the tech class only areas, then if your all up for it id like to give you your first assignment." She said with a happy smile. Then she started to the class room. Gently her legs lifted her body up. Seeing as how the hole class kinda stood in the way she moved through them. Her thin legs easily avoiding the students while they held her massive body above there heads. Once she was past them she gestured for them all to follow as she made her way through the tech area aiming for the main class room again doing her best to try and avoid the creepy clicking of her feet on the ground so she wouldn't unnerve her students more.

Last edited:

Guyle Heston
A.K.A BullWhip

Guyle merely watched and strolled along after his arachnid-teacher, he couldn't help but muse on whether or not any of his fellow arachnophobic, and whether or not her upper body made it fine in their eyes. As he was dragged along with the rest of the veritable horde of students he took note of the machinery and odd technology he didn't understand. Which admittedly, was all of it. Bullethound did all the tech and mechanics, he barely had any idea on how his body or magic worked, nevermind be able to fix himself up, he could barely do basic maintenance. He'd love to try his hand in this amazing looking workshop, even a tool such as a laser cutter was amazing to him.

Admittedly, that unnending clicking had gotten on his nerves, he wouldn't voice his annoyance, after all, it might be perceived as technically racist, and was certainly rude. The boy followed along quite simply, with very little resistance or interaction with the others, only stopping momentarily to check his phone.

~Mia~​
Mia was a bit unnerved by the sudden change in teachers. All of them knew who she was and knew her circumstances, but it still unsettled her to think that after only a few minutes it would change. She needed to "go with the flow", as the expression went, and she really did attempt to do so.

As she followed the tauric spider-lady, she wondered why some of the students looked so uncomfortable with her. She was just walking about, what was strange about that? Of course, she didn't understand the human proclivity to being so scared of spiders, and she didn't even think of it at the moment. Rather, she found them interesting. Insects and arachnids had so many limbs, and yet they all coordinated beautifully. Not one limb out of place.

She had forgotten that the room they were in was not the classroom, and instead the lab. How silly of her, she thought as she walked alongside the boy she had attempted to talk to earlier. She decided a take two was in order once they actually arrived inside the classroom. "Do you prefer classrooms like this that are not on the ground floor?" she asked with a smile, an odd question, but not one that seemed too out of place to her, "I learned rather recently that some hu-people are scared of heights. I've never experienced that myself. It seems odd that considering how commonplace that fear is, they still build buildings that are multi-story."

(( OnyxReaper OnyxReaper Sorry for the short post and for the delay!))

Guyle Heston
A.K.A BullWhip

The boy's arm made an audible groan as metal scraped on metal. Oh goddamit, this stuff kills... The shoddy repairs he had performed before he arrived at the school were already showing, his body felt slow and heavier than normal, nevertheless he should be fine, but the acheing certainly wasn't fun.

He listened to the girl as she spoke, admittedly he worried he might weird her out or otherwise interrupt her as his left hand fastened around his elbow. Tug. Something cracked, the gentle but sharp scraping of metal coudl be heard for another brief moment as the aching faded, instad replaced by a sharp pain that swiftly subsided. He tried to keep a poker face for the few moments the pain shot through his body. He did a good job, not a perfect one.

"Geh.. well, on the matter of being afraid of heights... I don't really mind, after all with how my abilities work I'd probably have to be unconscious to ever actully fall to my death or anything.. And on the fear of heights thing, I don't think that's quite right. Like umm... you're far more terrified standing on a roof than you are on the floor below it, even if you know that both falls will kill you? If you stand by a window ten floors up, you might be terrified, but in the center of the that floor you'll feel fine... It's falling, not heights... I mean, I don't really get the fear myself, but I can sorta almost fly so there isn't really a reason for me to be afraid?" He rambled on, second guessing himself as he spoke.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back