• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Doubleposting

DemonKitten

Handler of Souls, Destroyer of Hearts
Is there a way for me to stop my post from combining?

I'm trying to post different tab sections, but it keeps combining and making the other post go into it, vanishing.

You must wait at least 24 hours in order for your posts to be separate.

Edit - Or, you can your posts in your Private Workshop, select the post, and move the post to your tab thread. That should also ignore the double post.

Waiting a long enough time.. like a day or so I think avoids double posting. You can have someone post after you and then delete it once you've made your post.

Other then that there is no real way to avoid or turn off double posting. Sorry hun. :x

Tapatalk is a separate operating system from RpNation. It allows you to view forums with mobile devices. It should be free to download.

okay. Thank yall

If I can't prevent it from double posting. Is there a way to make two groups of tabs on the same post

The dividers don't work to separate the two different tab sections

Like here is this character and all her tabs

and here is that character and all their tabs but That character vanishes into this character

Can you link me to the page you are viewing? I will have a better time helping you if I have a visual. :)

Yes, you will not have double posts to main posts. :) I am still confused, however. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "separate" the tab sections.

notice how I have the two clans with their corresponding tabs? Well, I go to try and do another one like another clan with corresponding tabs, but it just vanishes. I go to edit the second post I made and it shows up at the bottom of all the coding, but doesn't show up on the post

One thing I am noticing in your coding is that you are properly closing the tabs. After you have finished writing out all of the content within each of the tabs, you have to close the entire tab section with [/tabs]

This could be the reason why your content is not appear in the post. The site is trying to save your content, so it automatically closes the tag for you.

Ex:

Code:
[tabs][tab=Tab A]Tab A[/tab]
[tab=Tab B]Tab B[/tab][/tabs]

• Tab A

I tested that theory, but the problem after that is that it doesn't let me add a header and start a new set of tabs, but makes the header disappear and the tabs combine with the existing ones.

With your headers, try taking out '=option'. That is not needed if you do not wish to have it underlined. :)

It's because you didn't close the tabs. Remember, you have to have the closing coding, otherwise it won't work. You have to add the closing coding directly afterwards. You cannot insert a header the way you are attempting to do. It interrupts the coding and causes your content to be 'eaten'. You also did not start the tab coding correctly either. I have edited your post for you.

You should use this forum to your advantage. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back