Literature Does anyone else read Renee Ahdieh's books?

Oh oh! I didn't think I'd ever see her name pop up in these forums. I read The Wrath & the Dawn, Flame in the Mist, and I'm in the midst of reading The Beautiful. I fell in love with her writing style and plots the moment I picked up the first book I read from her, TWTD. She's one of my favorite authors, pretty much ever, haha. I have The Rose & the Dagger on my bookshelf, though I haven't read it... I'll probably read it after The Beautiful though! She's just so poetic with her words, I like how she handles the characters - especially the main characters - and I kid you not, the way she weaves those words together and her imagery gave me shivers at times too.

For similar books? I'm not completely sure. Perhaps Stalking Jack the Ripper, by Kerri Maniscalco? It's heavy on the murder mystery and "science talk" and there's not really fantasy in there (as Renée Ahdieh is fond of putting in her works), but I think it's got sort of that smooth writing style that Ahdieh has - albeit maybe not nearly as poetic - along with a strong and intelligent female protagonist and a historical setting. And a romantic subplot with a guy deuteragonist who'll pull a "oh I see you" smile on your face... like Ahdieh does with Khalid, Okami, and I assume Sébastien.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back