Other Do you have any ghost/paranormal stories?

Sinnama

Je suis bête
Personally, I've had none and I actually want one, for some reason. So, I want to hear any 'spooky' things that might've happened to you.

Story Time!

My Dad chooses haunted houses. It's just kind of his thing. Ever since I was a kid every house we've ever lived in was haunted.

There was one place we lived, which I think was my favorite of all my houses growing up (we moved a lot, sometimes because places were too haunted to live in lol), had this weird thing where if you were ever outside at night alone, you'd hear noises in the woods. Like the house was surrounded by woods and you would just hear like, whistling (but distinctly not human? If that makes sense?) Or sometimes you could hear talking/whispering. It wouldn't come from any clear direction, it would be from behind you one minute and change and be coming from another direction. My dad says he only ever experienced it one time, but my cousin and I experienced it a lot.

In that same house we had HUGE windows in the kitchen and living room. The kitchen faced the front yard, and the living room faced the back yard. Looking out those windows at night usually resulted in seeing weird stuff in the woods, or thinking you saw stuff.

My sister lived in a house where you would always hear a woman crying in the guest bedroom at night.

My Dad's house now is two stories and nobody occupies the upstairs anymore, and weird stuff always happens up there if you go up there for any reason.

I have hundreds more lol.

Only *maybe* legit ghost story I have:

I used to be an event planner for this refurbished warehouse downtown. It was a really cool old building with exposed brick and original wood floors, dating back to the 1800's. It was first built to house perishable goods transported via the railways. So the building had this big, cool cellar-like room in the basement. We sold this as a separate event space, for smaller parties. It even had it's own small kitchen in the back.
So one night, I was wrapping up a wedding on the main floor. The cellar room was not in use at the time, and so the only door to access it was locked. It was late at night (1-2 AM), and all the kitchen and catering staff had gone home for the night. All I had to do was walk the entire building to make sure everyone was gone. Being a bit paranoid, I decided to check the cellar as well, just in case.
As I was walking down the stairs, I heard a voice and the clanging of pots and pans. It scared the hell out of me, as I was sure someone had broken in through one of the windows or something. Still, I bravely called out to see who was there.
A voice answered back, "It's just chef! Wrapping up a few things." It sounded just like our on-site chef, even though I was sure he had gone home hours a go. But something felt off. For one thing, the entire room, including the kitchen area was pitch black. Why would he be working in the dark? But since I believed it was the chef based on his voice, I shrugged it off.
I waited for him to finish by the front door for about 20 minutes. I couldn't leave until everyone was out of the building. So I went back down into the basement and this time, turned on the lights. No one was there.
Now. Of course there is a logical, non-ghost explanation behind this. But it's more fun to believe I walked in on a ghost chef whipping up something tasty for his ghost friends. :)

Once during my sophomore high school year, our entire class encountered one. We were at our "library" which was really just a spare classroom where they keep old books and it was on the third floor on the right wing of the building, right beside the staircase. A little past the staircase was a pair of comfort rooms that for some reason, are always kept locked. There was also a stack of old, broken chairs blocking the doors too so no one can really get in.

So imagine our surprise when we suddenly heard a girl crying. Looked around the class. Not among us. Our teacher went outside to the classroom next door to inspect. No one was crying there either. The teachers in the adjacent classrooms started hearing it too and they were all looking around, trying to find the source of the noise. A girl in my class suddenly pointed at the closed comfort rooms and said that the crying seems to be the loudest there so we went over to investigate. Of course, we can't see anything thanks to the chairs so the security guards were called to move them out of the way. They got a couple of senior guys to help out as well. All this time while they were moving the chairs, the crying can still be heard. My teacher was trying to talk to the girl saying things like "we're coming" and "it's going to be okay" but the crying did not stop. After half an hour, the guards manage to get the chairs out of the way and opened the locked girl's restroom and...

Nothing. Nobody was in there. The CR itself was not anything spooky. It was just a dusty comfort room that was otherwise well-lit because it had a lot of windows. But we can still hear the crying. For good measure, the guards also opened the boy's restroom but again, nobody was there.

At some point, it just kind of dawned on everyone how spooky everything is. In the first place, how could anyone have gotten into the locked CR? Even if they did have a key, which they didn't since the guards still had it, how could they have moved the chairs to get to the doors? Windows also open from the inside and nothing was smashed. Oh, the crying was still going on. We started feeling shivers so the guards just locked up the restrooms and we all just returned to our classrooms.

We never did figure out the source of the crying. When I passed the area there the next day, it was already gone. Some of the nearby classrooms said it stopped just around dismissal time too. I think what's really freaky about it was that it wasn't just a single incident--over 50 people were around to witness it.

Another story was during a school play on my junior year. We were making massive props for a scene in Noli Me Tangere and it was taking quite a while. We spent all our after school hours working on this crane like contraption made of bamboo for the cornerstone scene (yay effort I guess?). We finished the prop around nightfall. We were quite proud of ourselves for this that we took a class photo near all the giant props on a classmate's phone. It was already dark out and most of the school's lights were turned off.

The next day, said classmate said the photo bothered her. Apparently, when she zoomed in, there was the white outline of a small man just sitting by our legs in the picture. I didn't see the photo before she deleted it but I had a few friends who did and they were all freaked out. Luckily, nothing bad really happened during the play and we got high grades for it. For this one, it could've been a bug caused by the inefficiencies of older phone cameras but well, it could be a ghost. I don't know. I can't say for sure.

alright , i got TWO spooky ghost stories from my childhood that i still remember . i was really young
( maybe around 4 or 5 yrs old ) .

one happened in the very first house i lived in with my family . we had this big garage that we turned into a
hangout since we never really used it for the cars .
in the middle , we had a black , leather couch and on the walls we had pictures , banners , and a flat screen tv
hanging up so we could all watch movies . on the far right , we had this big table FILLED with statues of every religious figure in the bible and a variety of crosses ( thx grandma ) . we also had a chair in the very corner so she could set up those " good luck " candles . but anyways , little ol' me would always play around everyday right beside it with my " imaginary " friend . she had these tight , brown curls with a white bow . she was wearing a velvet , burgundy dress over a white , long sleeve shirt and she had these long songs with small dress shoes with little heels at the bottom . i called her " cc " . she popped up out of nowhere but me being a kid , i never questioned where she came from . i was just playing and talking with her whenever i seen her . she would never leave my side up until i left the garage , i could only play with her in there . one day , my mom got curious about who i was talking to and i told her who it was . she didn't think anything of it but my grandma seemed more startled than she was . nobody told me why they reacted that way until i was older but apparently the little girl i was playing with was my great - grandma , cecilia , who had passed away with my older brother was younger . there was an old photo of her as a kid my age wearing the exact same dress and had her hair styled the same way .

[ this is the second story ] . my mom and i used to hang out a lot with her friend in these weird looking apartments . they would do adult stuff like drink while i was just jumping on the bed . that's literally the only reason why i didn't care about how much we visited her ; she let me jump on her bed and i loved it . during our visit , my mom wanted to take a picture of me sitting on her bed while holding her dog . after she took the picture , she noticed that a little boy with a hat and some overalls with a plain white t shirt was sitting right next to me . nobody was in the house except for us three + the dog . but she told my mom that there was a little boy who lived in those apartments and died tragically in a fire . they couldn't save him .

not the most exciting stories but those are it .
i would've went on with one ghost encounter
that was more ... malevolent but i'm tired , lol .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back