• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Divergent RP

FancyRayOfLight

Light Itself
Lexi stood in the stands with her parents, waiting for her name to be called. Soon enough, she heard it.

"Alexandra Falcon." The Candor girl stood, tall and proud. She walked down the steps, taking the knife. She cut her hand and chose Dauntless. She was so excited, believing this is where she truly belonged. She nearly ran to the section and took her seat. She patiently waited for others to choose.

Petra waited, she was once of the last ones to be called. Her brother sat next to her, prouder than ever because this was the first day of the rest of her life in dauntless. But little did he know what everything screamed she couldn't do it. She tested into abnegation, her heart said candor but she couldn't bare to leave her family. So she trusted that she would make it into dauntless. After all she was raised there. When her name was called she walked up in a fast stride, all the thoughts of what to pick whirling around in her brain. She took the knife and stood there for a second as the room was still. It was something she had never experienced and it was thrilling. That's what she loved the thrill and she would never get that in any other faction besides her home. She sliced her palm and dropped it at the hot coals, as she faction stood up to cheer. She turned to join the rest of the initiated on the front row. Petra briefly saw her brothers face, which was a mix of happiness, cunning, and pride. she sat down next to a candor girl, who didn't look like she would make it throw the first week.

Lexi smiled at Petra when she sat down next ro her. "Hi." She said. Soon the ceremony was over, and the Dauntless took off running. They ran to the bottom of the train tracks and scaled the wall. There they stopped to wait for the train.

"You ready to run?" Petra smirked a sly smirk that would scare most, who's or in dauntless. She watched the train and started running jumping in and watching the candor girl if she made it, Petra would talk to her, if not...well that would be the end of that.

Lexi nodded. She ran and jumped on the train. She had been prepared for that. She had seen others do it in previous years, and now it was her turn. She smiled at Petra

Last edited by a moderator:
"Not bad Candor." She stuck out her hand, "Petra, Dauntless born." She told her, slightly happy that she had made it. It wasn't common that someone was prepared for that jump usually it throws people.

Lexi grinned and shook Petra's hand. "I'm Lexi. And obviously you know I'm from Candor." She laughed. "I watch the Dauntless do this every year. I guess it kind of prepared me. Beyond that, I dont know what to expect."

"Well I hope you like adrenaline and you aren't afraid of heights...also that whole giggly thing. Stop it." Petra said seriously looking to the left and seeing people jump. "Ready?" She said going to the back of the car

"Yep!" Lexi said. She backed up also and looked at the roof before sprinting and propelling herself forward. She landed far from the edge. She looked back and nodded at Petra. "I'm not afraid of heights, and adrenaline is fine."

Petra jumped tucked and rolled onto the edge of the building. When she got up she admired the view. It truly was an amazing compound they had built. She looked at Lexi, "alright candor, you should be the first jumper then." She whispered to her, "unless Erik picks."

Lexi smiled. "Fine." She was fine with jumping. She looked down and freaked out. She couldn't see the bottom. She knew they wouldn't make the initiates jump without putting something to catch them... everyone would die. So she calmed herself and nodded. Then they heard it

"Who'll be first to jump?' Lexi stepped forward. "I will." she said. She stepped up on the ledge, eyes closed, and jumped off into emptiness.

After what seemed forever, she landed in a hammock and scrambled off of it, struggling to keep her balance.

Tori pulled her off the side, "Name, you only get to pick once, so be smart." she told her seriously, looking from her to the large crowd of dauntless that were waiting there for the jumpers.

Petra stepped up next, gave a quick smirk to Erik turned around lining herself up. She was scared out of her mind, but she took a deep breath in and a deep breath out before letting herself gently fall.

Lexi nodded. "Lexi Falcon" Her full name was Alexandra, but she was Lexi. She would always be Lexi. Or Falcon. She was fine being called by her last name because she really liked it. She glanced at Petra before moving out of the way of the hammock

"Lexi! First Jumper." She yelled to the dauntless who cheered. Tori turned and pulled her off the hammock, "Name."

"Petra." She told her clearly, she didn't want to be stuck with the wrong name for the rest of her life.

Erik had watched his sister choose Dauntless and he cheered with the others. He noticed her talking to the Candor transfer, Lexi. The Candor girl had been the first to jump. Once everybody had jumped, he stood in front of the group.

"Welcome to Dauntless." he said. Then he introduced himself and described their training. The transfers went one way with Four, and the Dauntless-borns went the other way.

Lexi listened to Erik talk and then parted ways with Petra with a small waves. They would be going through their fear landscapes today

((Phew! I thought I lost it all for a minute.

(lol)

Once Erik had given his presentation and everyone had started to change, Petra walked up the stairs to the pit. She looked at her brother, "do I stay with you or do I go with the transfers. I don't know the policy of kin training kin sir." she said respectfully, even though she hated her brother, she was an iniate and if anything in dauntless you learned respect.

"Stay with me." Erik replied. The Dauntless-borns were going straight to fighting. He led them to the room and started calling out names

Lexi went to the frar landscape room. She already knew her fears: spiders, water, ... She listed them to herself

Petra stepped forward when her name was called simply stating, "here." Most of the time her and her brother had been seperate when they ate, and in most things, so most of the dauntless borns didn't have a clue to who she was and she wanted to keep it that way. She stood there streatching her neck, one of her nervous habits. She saw who she was up against, and it was crazy, most of them were at the top of dauntless now, and if she had any chance in hell she would have to work her ass of.

Erik called another name on the list and sent them out to fight with Petra.

When it was Lexi's turn, she entered the room and was injected. Then the landscape started

Tori watch the screen after showing up in her feaar landscape. "welcome to dauntless. The way that this works is that you need to either find a way to beat the fear or slow your breathing enough to move to the next fear." She told her, "Good luck and be brave, remember this is just a baseline."

Petra looked at the guy that Erik had matched her with, he was triple her size, hopefully he might play the pity card. Other wise she would probably end up black and blue.

Lexi nodded. She went through her fear landscape.

First fear, she was suddenly dropped in a tank of water. She screamed until it was muffled and her mouth was underwater. She kicked her feet and paddled her arms until she was above water again, then slowed her breathing and went on.

Her second fear, she was back in her garden in Candor. A large snake slithered towards her and she scurried back. It wont hurt me. She told herself. It cant hurt me. With that, she slowed her breathing and stared the snake in the eye. Then that fear passed

She went through four other fears in a similar manner.

The large Dauntless-born looked Petra in the eye as Erik started the match. She would be easy to beat. He shrugged and started punching her

Petra dodged like crazy and went for his legs if she could get him on the ground she would be golden but until then she had to just dodge and weave.

Tori finally woke her up, "20 minutes...not bad."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back