• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Dexter and Mari

Myla

The nerd with the books
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

?Dexter & Mari?
Floral-Swirl.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nearly midnight and the night was freezing cold. Dexter hasn't gone home for the night yet, instead he has been working under the hood of a car for the past few hours trying to bring it back to life. The car was pretty old and practically dead. It was a black Plymouth from 1967 that had so much rust, that one could think that the rust color was the original paint job of the car. Dexter's uniform shirt was covered with oil and dirt stains here and there, his hand were grey and black from the grime coming off one of the car parts, and his face was covered in sweat.

Dexter looks at the clock near by and it read 1:38AM and shrugs getting back to work. As he starts messing with some of the wires, Henry walks up behind him silently watching him for a few minutes. Henry was the elderly man who took Dexter back in a few years ago. Dexter has a great deal of respect for that old man. Hell, he has a billion times more respect for him than his own father and counted Henry as his father. To Henry, Dexter was like a son to him and he never regretted picking him up off the streets.

Finally after a while, Henry speaks up talking with his raspy and scratchy voice, "Boy, what are you doing here? It should be about damn time you get back home. It's already past one o' clock."

Dexter continues working on and shakes his head, "No, I need to finish this."

Henry grunts, "There's no way possible that you would finish this anytime soon, no matter how gifted you are with cars. In order, for you to finish this up you would need stay up a few night in a row and there's no way in hell I would let you do so."

Dexter sighs, "But Hen-"

Henry interrupts him ordering him, "I said no, so get your ass away from the car, change shirts, wash your hands and face, and start getting yourself back home."

Dexter sighs pushing himself away from the car and closes the hood knowing that there's no use in arguing with Henry. When Henry orders you to do something, you have to do it. There's no "buts" or "ifs," you just have to. He nods, "Alright, alright. I will."

Henry nods as he starts heading back towards his office, "Good, now go do the stuff I just told you. And I better not see you anywhere near the car."

Dexter frowns shaking his head as he wipes the oil and grime off his hands with an old rag he had nearby. He heads off to the bathroom and washes his hands a few times until he has all the oil off them. After he splashes some water onto his face, Dexter changes out of his uniform shirt and into a black cotton shirt. He comes out the bathroom shoving his dirty shirt into his back pack and puts on his signature leather jacket.

Dexter grabs his keys and waves to Henry, "Goodnight." Henry mumbles a goodbye back being a bit preoccupied with cleaning everything up in his attempt to get back home as well. The moment Dexter steps outside, he curses at the cold weather and rushes to his black 2001 Chevy pick-up truck and start the car along with his heater. He start driving back home and the road were empty. No animals or people were to be seen at all nearby.

@Party Poison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back