• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

deleted

Okay so I fucking love doing lineart, it's kinda the mechanical? part of drawing and it relaxes me (plus I freaking love clean ass lines)

My first tip (if you're working with a tablet) is ALWAYS activate Pressure for Size option (it's that pen with circles around it next to the Flow option). It just keeps everything natural and pretty because with that you control the thickness of your lines depending on how much pressure you apply (basically exploiting the full potential of your tablet...IF you're NOT using a tablet, then holy shit I respect the fuck out of you).

My second tip is to keep your lines clean (unless messy is your style, which is also cool). What I do is always duplicate the sketch layer and clean there. Why? Because sketches usually have that flowy feeling we love so much in a drawing, and sometimes in the process of cleaning we can loose that if we do it in a new layer. By working in the sketch layer I can erase any mistakes, but keep the small details that make the drawing work.

Third tip, play with thickness. This I think is VERY important, because depending on what you're going for: same lines with equal thickness can get boring quickly. So depending on your lighting and texture, go from thin lines to think lines. It'll look good, trust me.

FINALLY, explore the idea of colouring your lines (use the lock transparency option). Leaving them black is pretty classic, but sometimes using darker or lighter colors in your lines creates cool new looks, so try it.

Anywho, these are just things I do, but art can be ANYTHING so see what works for you. So hopefully this helped?

Glad I could help!!! I've only ever used Photoshop so my head is LITERALLY filled tricks and shit, so if you have more questions you can ask!!

(And if you're having trouble with colors, my suggestion would be to avoid colouring while cleaning your drawings. What I do is finish cleaning my drawing, LOCK the lines layer, create a color layer and there I go crazy. Basically I try a bunch of random combinations of brightness/contrast (you can adjust all of that in the image tab, and the hue saturation option lets you play with your color scheme). In that way I can see a lot of messy options before I commit to anything. And sometimes when my brain can't come up with color schemes I go to ColoraSchemeDesigner to get some inspiration)

Also, I'm really loving your style!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back