• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern D'eja' vu

x_Cooper_x

Bust :(
The air was chilly, heavy. Snow had consumed the dark streets under its cold blanket that transformed the city into a white landscape of flickering lights and sounds. The last of the light from the sun fell behind the horizon as the moon already started to glow its white gleam behind the clouds. Suddenly the calm was cut by the sound of sirens that filled the street with lights. Cars seen on the street began to slip for the on coming of a ambulance. People walking turned their heads towards the sight. As the trucks flew by a man came into view, unlike the on lookers he seemed rushed as he walked, head down. His hands were in his coat pockets, scarf pulled tight against his face. He didn't pause for a moment, eyes were fixed only looking for a moment. His eyes scanned the area, looking, looking. Finally he found the pay phone he was looking for, it wasn't until he raising his hand to open the door that he noticed how bad his hand was shaking, he looked down to see blood, that made the shaking worse. He examined his hand for a moment before taking his scarf from his neck and wrapped it around his hand, he knew the blood wasn't his anyway. He looked around to be sure he wasn't followed. He opened the door and entered, the lights flickered on, even inside it was cold. He pulled his hands close to blow on them, the smell of blood pulled them away. It brought back memories, old and new. He sniffled from the cold as he searched for change in his pockets, he almost dropped the change. He waited for the call to connect, his eyes always looking. The moment of calm made him realize the gravity of the situation. His eyes began to water, he was gone he thought. This time he was gone... Thats when he began to sob, he put his face in his elbow as he screamed, the sirens muted his wail. The ring stopped and someone answered

"Hello?" A voiced spoke

It took the man a moment to compose himself. "Vanessa? Vanessa listen to me, its Victor. Vanessa please you have to leave. They are coming, they got Franklin.. They..."

Another siren called in the distance. The man looked behind towards the sound. His heart sank as he saw him, the shadow in the distance. The hairs on his neck stood on end, the shimmer down his spine. It was him. The mans thoughts became very clear for a moment as he pulled his memories together. Fear began to leave him, but sadness came, it always came. He felt the tears down his face as he gripped the phone closer.

"Vanessa, I don't have much time now. Please. Run, if... Don't let them catch you alive. What ever you do..." He began to take deep breaths. He felt his stomach drop
"I love you, remember that. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'll find you, how ever long it takes know I'll find you."

The voice on the line spoke to him, but he wasn't listening anymore. He knew what the words were telling him but she didn't know the full situation. His heart ached as he let the phone drop from his hand. He opened the door and stepped out, the cold didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered anymore except escape. The man in the shadows looked at him, he could feel the man was not alone. They never were alone. The shadow took a step forward, his stomach sank again. How? How? A siren bellowed once again. With a small sigh he closed his eyes, the shadow can't have me he thought. Then he would never see those eyes. This would be it, nothing more he thought. Before he could think he had started to run into the street, he felt a pain in his leg where a bullet tried to slow him down. It was to late, he was in the street, the lights were bright, but nothing as bright as what was to come. He closed his eyes and heard the siren one last time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahh!!" The scream came out as the man shook. "What?"

Strangers looked at him funny as some walked away from him. By instincts he but his hand to his face, his chest.

"Are you ok sir?" A voice asked

It took the man a moment to realize where he was. The train car was swaying back and forth. He looked around to see a man in a uniform before him. He was a steward as it seemed. He blinked a few times and looked out the window to see the city landscape. The view of the mountains and country side had vanished. He cleared his throat before he spoke. His hands found his camera strapped to his neck. He toyed with it as he smiled sheepishly.

"Yes, yes of course. I'm sorry I just thought I had dropped my camera, its worth some money and I just got it fixed." He lied to the man and himself.

"Ah, yes well. They would be rather scary then." The man simply smiled as he turned away, his eyes rolling as he shook his head to the passengers.

"I'm fine, really, thanks." He smiled to everyone around him. Fine. Far from it. He sighed to himself as he stood up and walked to the bathroom.

The stall was small, the size reminded him of something. He took a moment before entering. The lights flickered on, again he flinched a second. The dream he thought. The dreams again. They happen every once in a while but never like they had been recently. He turned the water on as he set his camera aside. He looked blankly into the water, the steam rose up and fogged the mirror. His lifted his hand to wipe it away, to see himself. Brown tight hair, he had some facial hair but not enough to be considered a beard. His eyes, once hazel, one slightly blue. The two paired enough so they weren't to noticeable. He was wearing a off white sweater and a dark brown leather jacket, jeans and a pair of comfortable boots. He remembered he had just come from the mountains for a shoot. It all began to become clear again. He looked back at himself.

"Hello Michael" He spoke to himself

The train felt like it was pulling, stopping. He was closer then he thought. He turned the water off as he reached for his camera and exited. Ten minutes later he was in the heart of London. The walk from the station gave him time to think. His name, Michael Cooper. Son to Richard and Beth. Brother, Gabriel. His parents here bible nuts. Surprised they weren't cain and able . He shuttered. The weather was crisp but not chilly, almost spring he thought. Back home would be still covered in snow. He glanced at his watch, the screen lit up to show a message. An appointment he had later that day to turn in his work. He dropped his wrist. He was still tired he thought, his eyes scanned the street. It was a little quiet street he had turned down. He slowed as he saw a red pay phone, he starred blankly fo a moment before walking again. To his right a small coffee shop. He turned back at the phone again before entering the shop.

Last edited:
The morning had been so peaceful, snow covered the ground in a blanket of a white, it was a perfect day to just lay in bed. Even the sun could not deter the snow that had formed, creating this atmosphere that was almost too peaceful, she knew she would have to give it up. "Hunny, would you like some more coffee?" she called out to the man standing on their balcony, a tall slender man with a sheet around his hips, her husband. The man did not reply, in fact he seemed so troubled by something, but he never really told her what was the matter, he would just smile and kiss her forehead, telling her everything was fine.

This was not the case anymore, it seemed as if it was only yesterday the same man stood out on the balcony, sipping coffee and staring out onto the the city. The phone call had come so late in the night, Vanessa had only just gotten to bed, the moment she turned out the lights, the second she pulled the blankets up over her shoulders, it was the moment when everything she thought was good fell and shattered around her.

"Hello?" she spoke a little groggy,

"Vanessa? Vanessa listen to me, its Victor. Vanessa please you have to leave. They are coming, they got Franklin.. They.."
It was him, she could hear the sirens, "Victor?..." she shot up in bed, flicking the light back on.

"Vanessa, I don't have much time now. Please. Run, if... Don't let them catch you alive. What ever you do..." she felt her eyes begin to water, tears rolled down her face, falling to the grey sheets that wrapped around her, little discolored circles forming where they fell.

"I love you, remember that. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'll find you, how ever long it takes know I'll find you."
She was struggling to make sense of everything, Vanessa could form words to reply to him,
"Victor please, talk to me, what have you done? who are coming? don't leave me right ? Victor... Victor ?" the worlds were catching in her throat, like a bad taste.

But he was gone, "don't let them catch you alive" was what rang in her mind, slowly she shifted from the bed, moving towards her husbands side table, it's where he kept the pistol, for their protection, or in this case, her end.
----------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------

The dreams wouldn't stop, no matter how much she drank, no matter how many pills she took, only taking enough to numb things, but still be able to keep things professional in the work place. Her mother always told her that work is the most important things, probably as to why she was such an absent in her life, leaving her to bring up her younger sister. Her father was never there, it seemed as though he was a figment of her imagination at some point, only when he wanted something would he come home, or even call home. It made her who she was though, someone who managed to keep a mask on, not letting anyone in or letting anyone see how she is really felling. It's how she managed to stay as the secretary for the publisher, the man who viewed everything, the big boss etc... she was the only one of his secretaries that could put up with his sleazy comments and horrible people skills.

"what's on the books for today?" he slinked out of his office, and strong smell of aftershave would follow him, like a cloud, it instantly flooded her nostrils making her flinch slightly with the burn. " Well, you have Mr Cooper at 1 pm, and lunch with the Misses in about 15 minutes" she glanced at the clock, "so, you should probably be heading down to the lobby to meet her, 11:45 sir" her head turned slowly to meet the eyes of her boss, her amber green eyes darting away and the slight look at him, he made her feel uncomfortable, but she needed this job. "We could always fit in some fun" he smirked, "that's flattering.." she mumbled straightening her back to face back at the computer, her slender hands making short work of the memos he had handed her that morning, her boss let out a huff and reached for his jacket that hung on the hat stand located behind her. "I'll be bad just before one, for this Mr Cooper" he assured her, reaching down to take a strand of copper hair in his hand, twirling it around his finger before letting it go and marching toward the lift.

She waited til he had left, her eyes staying focused on the screen til she heard the moving of the life. "Jesus..." she let out a sigh, resting back in her chair. "Ashley" an intercom next to her barked, making her jump upright in shock, "Ashley did I leave my... oh wait no here they are" it fell silent again. Ashley relaxed once more, reaching out to her top draw she pulled out a pill bottle, "Miss Ashley Dean" was addressed on the bottle, grateful her sister became a physician.

Pushing herself up from her swivel chair Ashley paced towards the visitor water, filling a glass cup she slid one pill between her lips and downed the glass. Lunch was her favorite part of the day, simply because she had the whole office space to herself, no busy bodies that would come into his office, they were all down a floor in their own area. It was her own domain for at least an hour, sliding her black ballet flats off to feel the soft carpet on her feet. She could be herself for 60 minutes.

Last edited:
The shop was quiet when he entered, the smell of coffee was intoxicating. Cooper closed the door behind him gently as a small bell rang. The young woman behind the counter came from the back as she smiled at him, he returned the gesture. Since birth it seemed people had told him he was a people person, whether it was a innate disposition to be kind or charismatic, or it was something else entirely.

"Good morning, what can I get you?" The young woman finally asked as he approached the counter

"Hi, can I actually get a coffee please, with a double shot of espresso please." He responded as he placed his bag on the counter to fish for money

"Going or leaving?" She added as she walked behind her reaching for a cup for him

He thought for a moment as the dream was still fresh in his mind. He looked down at his bag. He smiled sheepishly again. "I'm in town for work, I've been staying downtown for the past week. I'll be leaving tomorrow"

"Back to America?" She added as the machine began to spit out the brew "I mean, by your accent that is"

"Ah, well. Actually yes. I'm from upstate New York" He began, he saw her eyes move to say something but he cut her off "There are more trees there then skyscrapers. "

They both smiled as she handed him his coffee, he handed some money and they waved each other off with a simultaneous good bye. He looked down at his watch again as the time flashed 11:45. He lowered his wrist as he sipped on his coffee. The hot liquid was smooth as the caffeine started to work almost instantly. HIs camera was still on his neck as he took it off for a moment and clicked it on. The image of the lack picture he took still on the screen. He clicked the screen a few times to cycle through the saved files. He had taken a few behind the scene shots in between the campaign he was there to shoot. Those images were saved in his bag, those of which were the ones he was here to deliver. The small camera around his neck was simply for enjoyment and personal use. He saw a smudge on the rangefinder as he looked through it, he pulled a small cloth and wiped it clean. He lifted the camera to his eyes to see if it was clean. First he took a picture of his coffee, then it trailed a little higher as he focused it on the woman behind the counter. He focused it and snapped a quick picture, she how ever was distracted looking out of the window. His brow raised as he followed her line of sight to the window, he focused in and outside by the pay phone he crossed was a man standing there in a large black coat. He clicked the camera shutter as the man turned and looked directly at him. Cooper startled for a moment as he lowered the camera quickly, some how the man who was just there was no longer there. His heart skipped for a moment as he blinked a few times. He looked up to see the young looking his way with a some what serious look before smiling. He smiled back politely as he sat there for a moment, now for no reason uneasy. He cleared his throat as he looked down at the screen of his camera at the last picture. There was the phone booth and a large smudge, a shadow that moved to quickly to be seen in focus. He turned the camera off and stood up slowly. He picked his bag and then his coffee before putting the camera away. He walked to the door before he heard a voice behind.

"Good bye"
He stopped as he turned over his shoulder "Good bye" He added to the woman, he didn't make eye contact.

It was 12:30 when he arrived at the building of his publisher. He had only spoken to him over the phone a couple times. Today would be the fist time they met. Many people told him against working with him but he was a big name and Cooper needed the resources. He finished his coffee by the time the doors opened to the floor he needed to be on. He walked int a hall that led to the main offices. He stared at his coffee for a moment as he then searched for a can. He looked left, then right. He found one right outside the door of the office he needed to meet. He walked quietly as he turned the corner into the large room, before him were a few chairs a clean office with hight open windows and a young woman at her desk. She hadn't seen him yet, he looked at her for a moment. He almost walked away, to not disturb her but something kept him there. He looked down under her desk, she was barefoot. For some reason that made him smile, he cleared his throat. They made eye contact.

"Hi, I'm sorry. I might be early. My name is Michael Cooper. I have a meeting" He finally threw the empty coffee away.

"regards the publishing office of Martin Morgan" her soft pale hands typed out the last words of an email, with a sigh she reached for the mouse moving the cursor onto the send button. Ashley's green eyes glanced over the email once more, proof reading the email rsvping to an invite extending to Mr Morgan. He had advised her to decline anything for charity or good will, something that made her hate him more, the guy was loaded, but never shared a penny to anyone but his wife, and the occasional mistress that needed to be silenced.

Glancing up at the clock, she let out a yawn, 12:25 , it was time for her to finish off the memos and email them to the accountants, putting her vision back on the computer screen she began typing, glancing off to her side to read a few lines off the notes to her left. The office was so silent, she could hear the hum of the air con, and the faint chatter from the floor below, if she focused enough she could hear the cars in the street, though she was 14 stories high.

Suddenly the sounds around her change, the ding of the elevator made her break focus from her task, but her eyes stayed on the screen, her typing pace slowed as if distracted by something. Completely unaware she was being watched, the silence made her calm, the calm before the storm, the storm that was her boss. He broke the silence making her eyes dart up to meet his, a slight flush filled her cheeks, embarrassed she had gotten so distracted with her thoughts.

"Hi, I'm sorry. I might be early. My name is Michael Cooper. I have a meeting" his voice was professional but not as she was use to hearing around this building.

Ashley grinned when he spoke, "Ahh, yes Mr Cooper, a little on the early side" she saved her typing and closed the folder on her left. "Mr Morgan is still out at lunch I am afraid" she pulled herself from her desk and walked around it. "All I can really offer is some cof..." she glanced down at his hand that had just disposed what looked like a paper coffee cup, "eeh, Water?" she smiled warmly at him, "and please take a seat over there" she gestured at the two black leather sofas, both facing one another with a glass coffee table in the middle, the coffee table stacked with photography magazines.

Ashley wondered over towards the small fridge that stood close to the sofas, collecting from it a cold bottle of water and placed it on the coffee table. The fridge snapped shut as she turned her 'attention back to Micheal. "Poor guy has to deal with Martin after a lunch with his wife" her eyes trailed over him, she wanted to say something but thought it would be out of place. Her glance dropped to her feet, "Christ!" she blurted out as she finally noticed her lack of shoes, another flush of pink crossed her face. Ashley quickly searched the room from where she stood, spying the ballet flats sitting just right of her chair, perhaps he hadn't of noticed.

Moving back to her post, Ashley slowly slid her shoes back on, straightening up her attire, a grey suit with matching grey pencil skirt, "only the best for Mr Morgan" the woman who hired her advised. "Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer, the man never really enjoys lunch with the wife" she assured him, "let's hope it all went well" she smiled warmly once more before taking her seat at the computer.

His eyes never really left her. He was amused, not in a negative way, he simply took her in. He followed her commands and followed her to the coffee table and sofas. He slung his back off from his shoulder and set it down gently beside him. He snapped his head back quickly when he heard her yell 'Christ'. He had to turn away and look outside so not to laugh. He cleared his throat as he reached for the water and cracked it open.

"Shame" He half mumbled to himself when she said that Mr. Morgan didn't enjoy spending time with his wife. He stayed on his feet a little longer. He felt like he had been sitting for some time now and wanted the relief. The office was nice and clean, sharp and shiny. He could appreciate it with his background, but knew he himself couldn't stay behind a desk all day. He looked back to the woman. She had already returned to her work it seemed, she smiled at him, he smiled back.

He walked around for a minute at all the pictures hanging up. He knew some of the names, one he knew personally. He was the one that told him not to work for Mr. Morgan. He didn't know if the feelings were mutual but here his work sat. He looked down at the magazines. He smirked as he walked over and picked one up. He opened to page 34. And sure enough there it was, this issue had pictures from an assignment he had last year. He had a few photographs published and sent to news papers but this magazine article was the one that started to get his name out there, maybe the reason he had this job assignment today. The issue was from this month, he wondered if his family already clipped it and saved it like they always did. The idea made him laugh.

"Sorry, this.. Umm this is." He stopped, he wasn't one to boast. Instead he put the magazine down and sat down, picking his water up. He took a small swig.
"So...." He felt the more he spoke he made it awkward for some reason. "How.....Has your day been? Miss.? Mrs? I mean... I'm sorry I didn't catch your name"

Ashley raised an eyebrow when she heard the man speak, glancing at the magazine he had placed back down onto the table, aware his work was in the latest copy, a smirk crossed her face as she continued her typing, the taping of the keys sounding somewhat rhythmic to her, almost taking her from the room as she listened to the pita pata of the keys, it put her into some trance as she copied the words from paper to computer.

"So...." Her concentration gone, her eyes moved from the screen to the mans face, "How.....Has your day been? Miss.? Mrs? I mean... I'm sorry I didn't catch your name" She felt a slight tinge at the word Mrs, she was a Mrs once, the dreams reminded her of that, never letting the memory lay cold in her mind. Ashley found herself staring at the mans face, her brain worked faster than her mouth did, pushing herself to look back down at the screen, "Just Ashley, will be fine" a warm smile caught her lips, "as for my day, well it's been me stuck in this office" she shrugged, "and yourself, Mr Cooper?" she kept to formalities while working, never trying to be too friendly with anyone, work is work.

"Ashley, its a pleasure to meet you Ashley" He thought a moment, his morning was normal by his standards. He didn't know if she wanted to really know or if she was simply being nice. She didn't seem like she was a rude person, but also she seemed to be centered on her work. His usual connection with people was coming to a head with her, she seemed to be immune to him.
"Well" He began

"I've recently came from staying in the mountain side for a few days. I'm sure you knew that though. Umm..." He continued "Then I suppose I took the train back."
He paused as his dream. It had been some time but it still was very present.
"You every have...." He paused, looking for the word. "D'eja'"

At that moment the elevator rang as soon Mr. Morgan turned the corner. He eyes both Ashley and Michael.

"Mr. Cooper. Afternoon." His tone was flat, as if bothered by his presence. "Ashley I'll be a minute, this shouldn't take long" He explained as he walked by both of them into his office.

"This should only take a minute" Cooper mimicked as he glanced back at her before collecting his things and entering behind him.

The office like the front was clean and shiny. The desk was made of a dark wood trim with stone inlay. It had a very strong presence much like the man behind it. The computer screen lit up as he bang to type a few things without making eye contact with Cooper.

"So I trust the shoot went well then?" Again he didn't look at him

"Yes.." Cooper began as he pulled his laptop from his bag. He opened the file he was looking for to be sure it was all ready, a quick click and he popped out a drive handing it over to Mr. Morgan.

Mr. Morgan took it quickly and popped it in his computer. The file loaded quickly and he examined the pictures. He didn't say much as he clicked along, he gave stars as rating of the work. Cooper saw a lot of three's. His stomach sank a little feeling that they would have been received a little better. He could only sit back as he packed his gear away waiting his review.

"Mr. Cooper. After hearing your recommendations and seeing your work first hand I must admit I could have gone in a different direction. I'm a man who knows where things are going and where they are not. I took a shot at your work, but after seeing this I don't believe I want to pursue your services anymore."

Cooper sat there for a moment, he heard no before. It was part of the job, but the way he said it cut deep. He couldn't complain, he knew of people begging but he was not one of them. He stood up and extended his hand. "Thanks so very much for the opportunity."

His hand was left un-shook. He took a breath and turned to walk away.

"For the outcome here I will be using your photographs for this campaign but since we are not in contract I can only pay you for a free lance fee."

"Thats almost half of what we agreed from the beginning."

"Yes. And?" The man finally turned his eyes away from the computer, he was ready to argue.

Cooper saw it in his eyes. He had done this before he thought. He was trying to thinking of a way out of this. He had money enough to sue the bastard but he knew he had more and it would only be a dragged out situation. With a large hit to his ego and pride he simply turned away and walked out. He paused at the desk where Ashely sat. He knew she hadn't done anything but he was still upset. He tried to hide the tone as he spoke to her.

"I'm here.." He cleared his throat "To collect my pay if you wouldn't mind."

She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow and the direction Micheal's words were going, "de'ja" but the word stopped, causing Ashley to glance in the same voice came from, "Morning, Mr Cooper" a pit in her stomach appeared, she had worked with Mr.Morgan for long enough to know that greeting meant nothing good, lunch with the wife had not gone well, poor guy she wondered to herself, her eyes drifting back to Micheal's face.

"This should only take a minute" the man mimicked, Ashley was forced to hide the smirk that sprung across her face, muffling a snicker with her shoulder as she watched the men enter Morgans office.

Once again Ashley was alone in her space, the cool breeze of the air con sent a shiver down her spine, Mr.Morgan always insisted that it stayed on a lower temperature, Ashley made sure she wore layers to work, she knew exactly why the perv preferred it that way. By accident she found herself day dreaming, what did he mean by deja vu, staring at the bottle of water that had stayed on the coffee table, it was odd that he felt he could speak freely about that, Ashley chewed her lip as she thought, her brow crinkling as she did, why did this world trouble her so much.

"I'm here.." a voice halted her train of thought, bringing her back into the office reception, the whooshing of the air con reminding her where she was. "To collect my pay if you wouldn't mind." her eyes drifted from the water bottle to Coopers face, her mouth left open from her momentary time out. Snapping it shut she smiled, "right, of course Mr.Cooper" she tilted her head, her gaze drifting to her boss who sat at his desk, his eyes met with hers, he shook his head sternly. "If it helps, I love your work" she spoke honestly, "you don't need men like him to make you doubt yourself" She found herself looking up at Micheal. "Right then, lets get this payment, it's a bit of a process, so if you won't mind following me" she stood up from her desk, slipping her shoes back on, weird, she didn't recall taking them off.

Assuming Cooper was following, she made her way out of the office towards the elevators, she could have just given him directions to the next floor, where the accountants were, but she wanted to ask him more about what he was going to say. Ashley extended her hand, her finger lightly pressing on the arrow down, waiting in silence for the cart.

Needless to say cooper felt a little deflated. Things could be worse he thought. There were plenty of people in worse situations. This really was all trivial.

“If it helps, I love your work”

The words came out but it took him a second to process them. His eyes flickered up. He felt a breath of air fill him up. He was a ballon that lost his lift, only needing a small gust to pick him up. He was always considered a optimist. This was a life lesson he thought. Nothing more, nothing less.

He was already following Ashley. She mentioned it was a process to get paid. He knew the routine well enough but he didn’t mind the company.

“Thank you” he began “I was warned by a colleague something like this might happen. I’m not upset it did, just sorry I didn’t see it coming sooner”

The doors opened as they both entered. He shifted his bag on his shoulders, he put his hands on the straps to rest his arm. He looked up to see the numbers begin to count down. He suddenly felt how close they were, the feeling didn’t occur to him till now. The elevator itself was a decent size but still the space felt confined. The electricity began to charge quickly, it wasn’t a bad feeling but almost a suddenly rush of adrenaline in the body. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end, a shiver down his spine. The feeling changed as soon as it began, it went from pleasure to worry and fear. Something was coming, something was near. He didn’t know why but he lunged forward. He hit the emergency stop button. He looked at Ashley. He didn’t know if she would understand. Their eyes locked, for a moment his memory went foggy. He didn’t know why he needed to say these words but they ached to come out. The words were yelling in his head but they only escaped as a whisper

“We can’t get caught” his finger moved as he repressed the stop button. The elevator moved again, they needed to go down two levels but he hit the one before. His nerves were on edge as the doors opened. The hall before them looked empty, silent. But somehow in his head he still only felt fear.
“Please, is there a way we can sneak outside? You don’t have to believe me but I need to leave. I...we need to leave”

Ashley couldn't help but feel saddened by Micheal's words, her boss being the absolute scum that he was really didn't seem to know real talent. Shifting her weight she felt his arm graze hers, though it didn't cause her to step away, or feel uncomfortable, she simply accepted his presence previously, but this time it was more vivid, that feeling, deja vu she thought to herself, her eyes shifting to her right to watch the man from the corner of her eye.

A growing feeling inside her began, a need to say something, she wanted to ask something, as if she knew exactly what was about to happen, a sudden fear that she had once felt, but why?. Alarmed she watched as Cooper lung forward and hit the red emergency button and the lift shuttered to a stop, causing her to catch herself on the railing that lined the cart. Ashley stared wide eyed at him, a look of worry as their eyes locked, but there was something so familiar in those eyes, she recalled noticing it before.

“We can’t get caught” his voice but a whisper, words began fighting to get out, her brain reeling but she forced herself to stay silent. Once again the red button was pressed and the elevator gave a shudder before moving once more.

The hallway was empty, Ashley let out a sign of relief, grateful no one had been waiting on the other side of the door. “Please, is there a way we can sneak outside? You don’t have to believe me but I need to leave. I...we need to leave” we? she thought, tilting her head to the side. Ashley grabbed the man by his sleeve and pulled him from the cart, "Before anything, you tell me exactly what the hell is happening" she demanded, pulling him in front of her to grab him by the collar, "you can't just... you.." she found herself saying things without even thinking, "you can't just go doing this again.." She stared up at him, a voice in her head questioned what she was on about, but somehow she knew he would know.

Gravity lost its power for a moment, he felt everything become light, he felt almost weightless. This was a was not a good thing. He felt her hands around his collar, for a moment he felt she was the one holding him up instead of himself. Thats when it happened, he blinked for a moment. His vision faded for a moment and the words slowly melted away from him. It sounded like he was sitting in a tunnel, everything was muffled. It started slow, then very fast. Each moment seemed to be a life time and then the speed of light. He felt his body tremble for a moment and then he was back. To explain what he saw was a mystery even to himself. Since he was young he had dreams of far off lands, or people and cultures he could not explain. He saw himself sitting on the deck of a ship as fire consumed them. He saw himself standing before a line of men with muskets pointed at him, he felt the pain and ache of a ambulance hit him. He would wake up with a terror he knew was more then being alone in the dark. Dreams they said. Dreams, nothing more, nothing more. Thats when he felt the pain behind his eyes. He pulled away from her as her words were audible again.

"You can't just go doing this again.."

The words were heavy. So much so that they needed a release. That came in the form of a nose bleed. The drip became a run. He looked down to see the blood fall gently to the ground. He saw into the void and the void looked back he thought. Equivalent exchange he thought. You can't remember without something in return he heard a voice tell him. He saw enough of his past lives that he needed to give something up. He felt the pain in his head spike before settling away. Without knowing for sure he knew, he knew he had less time with this body now. Six months less? Maybe a year? He calmed himself down as he reached in his jacket pocket to get a napkin out. He dapped his nose as he looked at Ashley. He could see she was no mortal either. He knew her, how? He knew her, when? Where? He couldn't bring himself to try and recall now, he was dizzy and had hard enough time staying on his feet. Thats when he saw him. Around the end of the corner he saw the man in black. He had been there that night. He tried to piece the images he retrieved. He only remembered the dark night, the pay phone and the man in black. But how, he hadn't aged a day. He looked almost identical. And then it hit him, he remembered that they worked in pairs. Always two, thy were never alone.

"Run!"

He had hoped she would follow as he grabbed her hand and ran in the opposite way. He didn't have time to explain, not here not now. He ran into the exit door harder then he ever knew he could. It flew open as a bullet wizzed by them. It hit just above them, he pulled her close as he ran through the door, slamming it behind them. He looked to his right and saw a fire alarm, without hesitation he hit it, the building lit up with flashing lights and sounds. That didn't stop him as he took the stair way down, he looked back at Ashley just as they came to be outside.

"Are you ok?"

No sooner did the words leave her mouth did Cooper go silent, his body taken over by something and snatch himself from her grasp. Ashley's eyes widened as the red dripped from his nose, unlike cooper, Ashley's current self was not as aware as Micheal seemed to be, her mind only hinting at things. She was unsure why she said what she said, it was as if her subconscious self knew more than she did.

Stepping back, she let Micheal have his space, her eyes only focused on hims, and not the surround world. He saw him first, "Run!" Micheal's voice broke the silence that filled the hallway, she couldn't help but look the direction he did, a black figure stood watching them, squinting to see if she could see it more, it looked to be a man in a black suit, what on earth... she thought, a sudden dread filling her being.

Her legs were moving before she was fully aware of what was going on, the sound of the bullet as it left its chamber snapped her back into reality, Micheal seemed to be more adapted to these sort of scenarios, Ashley on the other hand found herself stumbling, trying to keep up with the hand that was pulling her behind him. The door burst open and the sun blinded Ashley, she could hear he street, and the passing cars, the pedestrians letting out a gasp. It had not yet registered in her mind that they were fired at, turning back to the door she watched as Micheal set off the fire alarm.

"Are you ok?" He sounded out of breath, as she was herself, "I.. I think so.." Ashley's hand was gripped tightly onto Coopers, it brought her some comfort in the whole situation, "We need to get out of here" her eyes lingered on the door they had just exited, where was the man? she frowned, had she imagined it, Ashley shook her head, "I am definitely fired after this.." she mumbled as groups of confused people started gathering outside of the building to their right, "quickly.." she ordered, pulling Cooper with her.

They weren't too far from the employee carpark, swiping her access card she turned to Micheal, "you have some explaining to do" Ashley demanded, "my car isn't far from here, once we are safely out of here, you're talking" she ordered. The reader gave a beep and the door unlocked in front of them, carefully Ashley went first, letting go of Coopers hand finally, she surveyed the area before making a break for a black car that was parked a few meters from them.

The after effects were starting to hit him as he ran. His vision blurred for a a few seconds and he kept hearing a high pitch noise in his ear as if a bomb had gone off next to him. Still the will to stay away from the man and to keep Ashley safe was more than enough motivation to keep running. He took a little sigh of relief as he approached the car with Ashley in tow. He slowed down a moment as he let go of his hands, he didn't notice had held her so long. His cheeks got red for a moment as he realized he had not touched her with his current body. He thought a moment. He tried to piece the words together to explain why this was happening. How could he fill life times of moments into a sentence.

"Have you ever felt something wrong? Or missing in your life?" He didn't know if this was a good way to start "As to say, everyday you wake up don't you feel like you are trying to remember a dream you had? And the more you try the more the dream slips away?"

His breath was heavy as he finally got to the car. He was at the passenger side as he looked at her across the roof of the car. Finally now he had stopped he slowly started to regain his strength. His body felt as if it were recovering from a car crash, or a few rounds with a heavy weight boxer. Even thought this body never experienced this he felt like he remembered it all to well. He moved his gaze towards the same way the building they left was. Not to his surprise a man in black was seen in a large black truck, it parked for a moment near the door they exited only to pick up the man they were originally running from.

"Come on" He said in frustration. "We got to keep moving." He said as he entered the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back