Story Dapper's Snippets

DapperCat

HELP I'M A CAT
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello! Sometimes I write short stories. Either when I'm bursting with too much inspiration as I wait for more RP posts, or when I have something to write just because~. I hope people maybe like it IDK. ;v; Maybe people wanting to have more insight into my characters they RP with? IDK OK! Most will be of my 'main of mains', AKA, the character I just have played so much over the past few years. But other mains or even alts can be included too. I'll start it off with the first character I ever used in non-forum RP~.

The stories are either based on RP, on a writing challenge/prompt, or both!

---------------------

Evil - 2014
Character: Rivannon

"Alex.. what? W-what are you talking about?"
The sound of glass shattering. The young Sylvari didn't even notice. Backed up against the wall, she grasped blindly to anything laying on the desk beside her. She didn't even know what she was actually looking for. She didn't want to hurt him, but her instincts drove her to search for sóme self-defense.
Yet the man kept closing in, and her blinded eyes searched for his.. but to no avail. The helmet hadn't come off in weeks, and somewhere along the line she had started to lose hope of ever seeing his face again.

"Come now my beloved." he simply stated, his voice calm and devoid of emotion.
Riva shook her head. "Alex please stop.. you're scaring me!"
The young woman frowned as her hand finally found what looked like a letter-opener. It was no match for the sword the man held, but nonetheless.. it was sharp. She held it in front of her as the man took another step closer.
"You'll be with me forever. No chance of running away. Doesn't that sound great?"
She could almost hear the smile in his voice. It sent a shiver down her spine as she clutched the letter-opener in her hands, shaking as she pointed it at his chest. She knew it was no use against the armored man. She didn't want him to get hurt either.. but it made her feel at least a tad more in control.

Alex grabbed the letter-opener from her hands and without resistance, was able to take it out and flick it away. Another tear rolled down her cheek. Her shoulders slumped as she turned her face up at him. "I won't leave you Alex.." she whispered. "I won't ever again, okay?"
The man simply shook his head and unsheathed his sword. Riva's crying became audible now. She didn't mind dying, not in her current depressed state. But the fact that Alex turned into.. this.. If he killed her, she had no chance of helping him. And she couldn't leave him to rot alone in his estate, nobody there to stand by him.
"You did, and you will."

Riva shook her head violently. "NO!" she yelled. "Don't you want me here instead of in your heart only?"
She took a step forward and clutched her arms around the mans chest. The man still had his hand tightly around the sword, but put his free hand on her head. She sniffed as she felt him pet her hair, pressing her face to his chestplate.
"Oh Rivannon.." Alex mumbled with a sigh.
Riva looked up at him, but before she could glance up entirely, she felt the cold metal of the sword against her throat. Her eyes turned wide as her hands instinctively went to the blade. Thank god.. he pressed the sword against her throat flatly, simply pressing her against the wall behind her.

She gasped for air as the sword was pressed into her throat once more. The man pulled the blade back a bit and twisted it, making the sharp side now lay against the Sylvari's bark. Riva bit her lip as she let out a tiresome breath. There was no way she could overpower him, no way she could get out of this. She was done for.
"Alex.."
"Yes?"
Rivannon pulled one hand off the blade and stretched it out to the helmet, petting the metal. In her mind she tried to imagine petting his cheek instead. "I love you."
The man remained silent, but seemed to have some inner conflict.

These were her last words. Her last moments. She needed to make them count.
"I will always be with you and support you.." she whispered.
Her voice quivered as tears beaded down her cheeks. The man in front of her hung his head somewhat, seeming confused.
"I'm sad that you want to do this.. but.. if this is what you want."
The female stubbornly leaned her face towards him, making the sharp side of the blade cut into her bark, sap seeping out as she flinched a little. But she was stubborn.

She leaned forward more, until she reached the place on the helmet where his lips should be. Softly, she kissed the spot before leaning back.
"I'm yours forever," she spoke.
She smiled a bit, softly, almost reassuringly. Whilst crying she just continued to smile at him. And the last thing she could experience, was the confused sobbing whimper of the man in front of her, the cold feeling of metal.. and then...

Darkness.

Last edited:
A Failed Life - 2016
Character: 'Quinn'

“Mask.. come on. It's been long enough.”
Quinn shook her head with conviction. The woman opposite of her outed a groan and rolled her eyes. Her hands slammed down on the table in defeat as she looked to the mess that Quinn had become.
“Mask!”
No response.

“Quinn!”
“Hm-yeah?”
The woman snapped up out of her tired, absent state. She had dark circles under her eyes, her fingers were trembling and the tips of them had gone slightly yellow from the cigarettes she'd been smoking. A habit she didn't usually have. But she was falling apart at the seams.

“Since when do you respond so swiftly to one of your aliasses? You dissapoint me.”
“Hrmhm..”
“Listen to me damnit!”
“Yeah yeah, 'come back Mask. Y'know your place is with us.' “
“It is, and you know it for the Six's sake!”
The girl on the other side of the table raised her arms with a humpf. Though after a moment of silence, and realisation, she shook her head and tried to catch Quinn's dead and void gray gaze with her own.

“This life you tried to live, 'Quinn', it failed. We told you but you didn't listen. You're falling apart, look at you! Smoking? You've not slept at all. You ended up a mess, and alone. We let you have a go at being rebellious. Trying to have some life all on your own. This is where you ended up.”
Quinn's eyes slowly lifted from the table, as they found the girl on the opposite side.
“It was a mistake Quinn.”

“..A mistake..”

Traveler - 2015

"What are you seeking here?"
"I'm sorry, I merely passed by. I really didn't mean to invade your privacy."
The man pleaded as he waved his hands in front of him. He had the normally humble hobby of collecting flowers, it wasn't exactly a dangerous chore. But that all changed when he entered this part of the woods, an oaken-carved spearhead now pointing at his face.

"Nobody ever comes here. They know not to."
The spear was pushed forward somewhat, now almost puncturing the skin of his nose. He swallowed hard as he glanced up to the woman for the first time. If she was going to kill him he had no ways of stopping her, he might as well see who it was. His eyes widened however as he looked upon her face. A milk-chocolate skin, eyes hidden by a blindfold and.. long ears? She was no human. What was she?

"They fear me. They avoid me. You do as well, do you not? Did you come here to get killed?"
The man shook his head. He did not reply however. The woman's voice sounded flat mostly, but at that sentence there seemed to be a strong hint of sadness mixed in. If it weren't for the threat of death at the moment, he'd feel bad for her.
"I don't exactly plan on dying myself," he spoke with a nervous chuckle, trying to make things turn for the better. "And I didn't mean any harm. If you will lower that spear, I'll leave you alone and be on my way. I promise. I have no weapons, feel free to check if you like."

He kept peering at her face. All sorts of questions flew through his mind; how could she see him with that blindfold on? What was she? Was this how he would die? But as his mind kept him occupied, the spearhead was lowered and thus moved away from his face. Instinctively he let out a relieved sigh.
"Thank you..!" he uttered with a smile, though still on edge.
"So you want to leave in fear I assume?"

The man raised an eyebrow in confusion. Wasn't that what she wanted? And of course he would, she pointed a damn spear at him!
"I am sorry."
Both eyebrows heightened this time, his sheer confusion growing every second.
"For?" he asked hesitantly, scared she'd follow it up with saying she'd kill him.
"For pointing that spear at you and questioning you. I have gotten used to being alone, people avoiding me and despising me."

The woman dropped the spear to the grass. She took a few steps back before wrapping her arms around her waist, nodding to the man once. He looked her over once more, this time with more attention to detail, now that the weapon wasn't in his face. She was tall, though still a tiny bit shorter than he was. Not that this was surprising, he was a tall man. Next to the long, down-pointing ears she also had a set of antlers.. this was amazing. Her fingers were long and immensely slender. They seemed to almost break as she lowered herself and leaned on them to sit down. It was only when seated, when he noticed she had no feet.. but big deer-like hooves.

"Please do not let me keep you, I am sorry, again.." she spoke, even softer this time.
His fear made place for sympathy. Though.. he still wasn't stupid. He took a step forward, towards the spear, as he kicked it away from both of them. He made sure the spear was closer to him, however. As his curiosity got the better of him, he took another set of steps towards the woman. She looked up, with what almost seemed like confusion on her face.
"Why are you not leaving?" she asked, a slight quiver in her voice. "Is your plan to kill me now?"

The man shook his head as he kept peering at the woman in curiosity, a set of big brown eyes pointed at her. He bowed down to her somewhat, to put himself into her field of view.
"I'm Carsen, it's a pleasure," he spoke more confidently now, extending his hand towards her.
She seemed to glance at it in confusion, maybe not used to the gesture? It was after a bit however, that she stood up and copied the motion. Both stood there a second, arms stretched out, until Carsen finally had the guts to lean forward and grab her slightly furred hand into his own and kiss the top of it. The woman seemed shocked by this, pulling her hand away as she stepped back.

"Why did you do that?" she asked, one of her hands to her heart, her face clear with confusion.
"It's a greeting. You're not human though.. what are you?"
He grabbed her hand once more as he took another step closer, inspecting her. There were small beige dots scattered across her face as freckles, and her hair was almost as pale as the freckles. It looked as if out of a painting. The woman was heavy-built, quite broad with big hips and a rather big stomach. Her chest was small and her legs seemed strong. Her face was small, round and fragile.

"I am a faun, I am sure you have heard of us."
He nodded. She did fit the description. But fauns were said to have white robes, stunning ensembles and look almost like deities. She however, had filthy skin, a ragged short dress and no deity appearance. She seemed fragile, nervous and on edge.
"You don't look like a faun though. Not what we said you were at least."
"I am sure we do not look exactly like your portrayal of us. However, I look even more different from my kin. I am no longer.."
"..No longer?"

A silence fell. The woman gently pulled her hand away once more as she wrapped both arms around her waist.
"I am no longer a part of my tribe."
Carsen nodded once more. He took his now free hand to the back of his neck and rubbed it, before ruffling through his blonde curls. He sighed, focusing on the faun with his brown eyes once more.
"I'm sorry to hear that.. miss..?"
"..Rivannon.." she spoke softly, not seeming too comfortable, but being very forthcoming nonetheless.

He smiled and nodded once more.
"And you've been living alone here for.. how long?"
"..A hundred years.. more or less."
Carsen's jaw dropped. Fauns got that old? She looked to be about twenty-four. Suddenly, without the weapon, she didn't seem harmless at all. If she hadn't jumped out at him from the tree above them, he would never have even thought she could be harmless.
"Well, I forgive you."

The faun tilted her head with a blank expression.
"And what does that mean?"
He shrugged casually, looking to the ground below him before dropping himself on his behind. The faun looked at him with what seemed to be confusion once more, tapping one of her slender fingers on her other hand. Nervosity was clearly running through her body.
"You..-"
"I will stay here a bit, talk with you, if you'd like. I was looking for flowers, honestly.. but I found something a lot more interesting."

A False Sense Of Belonging - 2016

“Good job.”
Those words, were the words she had lived for. The blonde woman tilted her head slightly, leaning her chubby cheek on the palm of the man's hand as he caressed her pale skin.
“Thank you, sir.”

The man, dressed in expensive robes, hid his face under a large hood; the front of it weighed down by small rubies. A ruby, his favorite gem.. and now her new name.
“I'll speak to you later Ruby,” the man spoke softly, before he planted a short kiss on her cheek and turned on his heel. Leaving the young woman behind in her revealing attire.

She brushed a lock of blonde aside; full, wavy and glistening in the sun. A set of blue eyes fixated on her little red pumps a moment-
Until suddenly the woman felt a strong and rough hand on the front of her top. Not in a sexual fashion, but grabbing it roughly and using it as a grip to usher her back into the secluded alley behind her.
“H-HEY-!” she protested, though was swiftly interrupted by the other palm of the man covering her full lips.

“What do you think you're doing??”
The woman raised a brow, before looking up to the man with some confusion, yet recognition. She knew that voice. The hand was pulled from her lips, though the other still kept a grip on her, preventing her from running.
“Wait- Lord Donald Alveron?”
“Damn right I am, and now it's time for you to be honest about who you are.”

She chuckled a bit awkwardly. “E-excuse me?”
“You know damn well what I mean, Quinn..!” he pressed on, anger evident in both his tone and his expression.
The woman cursed under her breath. Quinn, another one of her persona's. How in the world did he find out, however?
“W-who- what? What Quinn? I know multiple Quinns, but that is not my n-name!”
Good job Mask. Don't you even dare drop the stutter and voice.

The man seemed to grow more livid with each answer she gave him. He was.. mighty sure of himself.
“What do you think you're doing?” he barked out, before he raised a hand to pull her wig from her head. She'd fastened it with multiple types of clips and such- but with some rough treatment he managed to 'unmask' her. Her hands above her head in sorry protection, making herself tiny as she produced crocodile tears.
“W-wh-why would you d-do this to me-! I-I'm just a lady of the n-night-.”

The man threw the blonde wig her way, and pointed an accusing finger to her short brown locks.
“I knew it.”
The woman didn't reply.
“Everyone is worried. Me, your Band, your other friends. Keyon.”
“I d-don't know w-”
“REALLY?!” he spew out towards her with a crippling ferocity; “So you're doing this? Really? A *****? What kind of shady job /is/ this, because I'm damned sure it's more than this!”

“I c-c-.. h-..” the woman stammered, tears rolling down. 'Scared' eyes shifting about.
“Whatever you're doing now, with whatever little you told me before. This is a bad past that you're now going back to. I didn't realise you wanted to be away from all of us so quickly again. But hey! You'll have that job back, won't you? Even that man just now.. whoever he was! And! You'll even get a nice false sense of belonging. For free.”
He scrunched his fists up, little sparks of fire eminating from it, before he turned on his heel.

Leaving the empty shell of a woman behind. Never herself, only others. And he had been right.

We've Resisted This Long - 2016

A rather odd couple paced the streets of the beautifully-lit Calpheon tonight.. A tall human warrior that seemed to be on the verge of alcohol-poisoning, and a Demi-human dressed in rags, whose eyes were covered by a blindfold.

“What is this?” the demi-human asked, as her long pointy dark fingers plucked up a little vial from a merchant's stall.
“A potion, is all. Nothing really interesting about it.” The male took a little swig from the flask of alcohol.

As always he seemed so desinterested, and she seemed overly fascinated with each tiny normal occurrence.
“What about this?”
The man sighed and rolled his pale eyes.
“Nothing interesting, again, so why don't we move on, yes?”

The man grabbed a hold of her slender wrist, pulling her after him as he took big paces into alley- after alley- after alley. The demi-human had lost her way about ten turns ago, unable to remember each passing corner, and was left looking more than a little confused. Though she didn't get much time to wonder, as two palms planted on the wall on both sides of her head, leaving the woman somewhat slack-jawed and frozen.

“U-uhm-”
“We've resisted this long.. haven't we?”
His tone was awfully serious now- the normal sarcastic or joking tint had vanished. And as the woman was mostly reliant on sound and feeling.. this was disturbing.
“Alexander what are you talking abo-”

Then the sensation of warm lips pressed to hers- took her breath, and her heartbeat away for that moment. The demi-human stood baffled, her hands half-clutched in the air beside her. She didn't push him away, she didn't object.. and after just a moment or two, he could feel her hands slowly trailing to lay their tips on his broad chest, her lips pursing back on his.

Saved - 2016

Another gush of air swooshing past her ear. The fist only barely missed her, this time. The young girl staggered back, her grey eyes wide, her bottom lip quivering.
“Girlie.. come on! Give us th' satchel.”
The girl kept a tight hold on an old brown leather satchel, clutching it between her fingers. A steadfast shake of her head, accompanied with a frown of her bushy dark eyebrows.

A group of three tall men stood before her. Typical street-scum, hardened by the rough life they'd had. One of the men; presumably the leader, closed in on her and grabbed her jaw with his rough thumb and index-finger. The man, roughly in his thirties, had a scruff on his chin that could barely be accepted as a goatee. It was the only thing the fifteen-year old really dared to look at. That hideous.. patch of lost hairs. But with a jerk of his palm, lifting her gaze to his eyes, he sneered at her;
“Ye give it nicely or we give ye a good punchin'.”

The men behind him let out a howling laughter, the front-man still grinning at the young girl.
“No, it's mine, ugly. Ye ain' takin' it,” the girl retorted.
Immediately after those words, the girl spit in his eye. The man's unkempt eyebrows twitched in anger, as he immediately responded to it with a punch directed at her jaw. The girl let out a yelp, tumbling to the floor before receiving another blow; this time directed to her stomach.

“Unthankful ****! We give ye a friendly- fuckin'- option-!”
The man barked at her as he kept aiming punches at the young girl. She'd curled herself up on the ground, against a brick wall as her body jerked with each impact. The man raised himself up. Then she could hear the fabric of his pant-leg, indicating he pulled his leg back to kick her. She made herself tinier, squeezing her eyes shut as she pressed her lips together. Awaiting what was to come.

But that kick never landed. She heard the thump of a punch, the break of a bone.. then cursing. The girl winced. She scurried herself back to her feet, now peering to the source of the sounds. A fourth had joined. The man that had punched her now layed on the ground, a hand covering his eye. An endless string of cursing was spewed.

“Oi man- take it easy!” one ruffian shouted at the newcomer.
The fourth, a man clad in what seemed to be simple leather attire, strange of the hood he used to cover most of his face. Only a strong chin, pair of thin lips and slight smile were visible.
“I'd suggest you leave the little lady alone now, gentlemen. I think you've shown her enough of those moves.”

The young teenager's eyes were caught on that little, confident smile of the man. How was he so calm? So assured? Her gaze shifted to the other two men, cracking their knuckles and necks as they approached. He could never win that.. could he? But the man calmly remained in place as the two closed in on him. It was only when one of them attempted to smack him in the eye, that he skillfully dodged it, then grabbing the man's arm. He twisted it behind his back until the arm snapped. The man staggered as he grabbed a hold of his injury, the other blinking in surprise for just that fleeting second.

But then he charged, aiming a just as sloppy punch to the man's gut. Avoided as well, before retaliating with a punch to the ear. Then.. his face turned to the young girl. She instinctively clutched to the satchel as she pressed her back against the wall behind her, those grey eyes warning him.

“Stay back-!” she'd out, with more bravado than she actually possessed.
“Come on now little lady.. I'm here to help.”
And with that, the man left little space for a response. He grabbed the girl's wrist as he hurried off. She tried to shake him, a few times, but he proved to be too strong for her young and thin muscles. It was only after running through numerous little alleys, that they pulled to a stop.

The girl hunched over as she took in deep, shaking breaths. The man had let go of her hand, making her able to put both palms on her knees as she tried to compose herself.
“Are you alright there, little lady?”
She blinked those grey eyes, looking towards the source of the voice. The man had lowered himself to a crouch, leaning his elbows on his knees as she saw that little smile directed to her.
“T-..take your hood off-” she muttered, cautiously.

The man gave her but a simple nod, where after he moved his hands to the hood, to pull it back down. A thick set of golden locks escaped from the confines of the cloth, wavy and reaching no further than his ears. He looked to be in his early twenties. A slightly tanned skin, freckles and a set of piercing brown eyes locked with hers. Friendliness, curiosity and cheekiness layed in that gaze. And she couldn't look away.
“What's your name?”

“..C..-” but she stopped herself. The name she'd gotten from the orphanage held bad memories, and wasn't her own to begin with. “I have no name.”
“Hmmm..” the man scratched his jawline. “..You don't have any parents, family, friends?”
The girl narrowed her eyes at him, after all, she'd been taught to not just give such information to strangers.
“Who wants t' know?” she asked. After all, if she'd know his name.. he'd no longer be a stranger, right?
“Name's Adair.”

The young girl nodded with a nervous little smile. He had saved her after all, she could relax a little.
“Are you homeless?” he'd ask.
The little girl nodded, before her birthmark covered face turned up at him again. A set of thin but full brown locks covering her forehead.
“Well that's no good..” he followed up. A little sigh escape him as he ruffled the girl's hair. “I can give you a home, a family, food and a job to work for it; if you'd like?”

Mesmerized. That was what the young teenager was, as she looked at the man. He was alike an angel, a savior sent to help her from her rotten life. She should doubt it, perhaps. As one would normally. But to a young woman that was offered something, able to climb out of that nothing.. An enthused nod followed, a toothy grin and a set of sparkling grey eyes.
“Yes, please!”

A Messy Alleyway - 2017

YES I KNOW MOST STORIES ABOUT HER ARE SUPER DEPRESSING BUT SHE DOESN'T REALLY SHOW THIS IN RP SO USUALLY MY SHORT STORIES BECOMES THOSE HIDDEN MOMENTS WHERE NOBODY SEES HER. FHEIWFHEWF

The skies turned a warm azure, as the night settled. A soft breeze carried through the little streets of the docked-town, Booty Bay, as one silhouette slipped through the buildings to carry herself towards the end of an abandoned alleyway.

Piles and scrambled stacks of crates and barrels scattered the wooden boards, some filled, some broken by either vandals, drunken pirates, or worse.

"F-.."

Barely even a word was muttered from a set of plump but chapped lips as the stocky figure fell over some of the scraps of one of the barrels. Scrambling over some of the rubble to settle herself down against one of the crates as a form of a backrest.

Not a bed, nor even a chair- but she didn't care. She merely needed a moment to close her eyes and be alone. The combination of the heavy alcohol, the intended pick-me-upper... and then the final kicker, the unintended 'medicine' she had been fed by the Pandaren. It had been a step too far.

The high had passed- and the low had settled in. One of her legs skid across the rough floorboards as she stared right ahead with a set of eyes that barely belonged to a sentient being. Not even a semblance of a shimmer to the pools of flat grey.

Memories.

Shackles.

She looked down upon her now broken wrist, as she noticed a droplet fell upon her now swollen palm. The dead eyes drug upwards towards the skies- but they had been unmoving and azure; calm. And then, it all seemed to crash upon her like a tidal wave.

Tears began to curl around the rim of her lower lids, and roll down her already flushed cheeks. Her lips couldn't bare to keep their usual acted smile, curling and quivering as suddenly she outed a choked sob.

Her strong yet quivering arms had vaulted over and across her legs, bundling herself up into a small being amidst the darkness and the crates. Visions of it all, visions of -him-. And.. -him-. The horrid memories that used to be so pleasant had rotten her at the core... if she had not been such already.

The woman kept her sobbing sounds down as much as possible, biting her lip until she drew blood. She wanted to punch something, someone-... But it was just her. Hadn't it always just been her? Her fist slammed into the ground beside her as breathing had become difficult through the sheer choke of the sadness.

"My dearest."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back