• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Sburbbent

Yeah, I had some trouble with those. I sort of screwed up with Wren and Noah's conversation. I looked up the time zones for each character's home city, taking into account Daylight Savings Time.

Tess: UTC -4h

Neil: UTC -4h

Wren: UTC -7h

Noah: UTC -7h

Sure, I'll just edit my post so Wren doesn't tell Neil about the conversation with Noah an hour before it happens.

I'm laying in bed here completely jazzed right now. I started refreshing my sburb memory on the wiki page since yesterday and somehow found myself picking up homestuck again and while I was waiting on posts I kept just reading and reading. I want to keep reading, but I start a new job tomorrow morning.

But I was wondering, should we introduce (not now) a villain some time into the session that messes with both games? Like someone from another session that is a dead session kind of like Lord English, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a cherub. Like maybe some other human got a hold of sburb somehow and did the whole destroying of the planets task in their dead session and now hops through games destroying everything in their wake.

Or if not that, we could just make it simpler and stick with Jack Noir since I think he tries to cause trouble in any session.

How about somebody who was part of a doomed session and was the only player to go God Tier, which kept them alive, alone in the incipisphere for millions of years, slowly going insane as they learned to use their powers to a far greater effect than any player could under normal circumstances, until they find a way to jump between sessions, hoping to find one destined to win so they can finally escape the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I like that one more. It feels more original. Would you like this villain character to be played by the both of us? Or one of us?

I think I'd prefer the villain to be played by both of us, just because it would make group fights much simpler.

If they've been alive for millions of years, then they'd have to be either a Time player or from a session predating the trolls'. I'd rather find a different aspect for originality's sake. Possibly Bard of either Breath or Heart?

Yeah, that was what I was hoping.

I'm thinking of looking into analyses of those two classpects, but I feel that a Bard of Heart could possibly a dangerous combination.... I think.

Also sorry I haven't posted yet. I took a nap after I got out of work and ended up sleeping really late and just finished eating my dinner so I'm working on my post now.

I just did some research, and I agree that a Bard of Heart could be a pretty terrifying enemy under the right circumstances. Their powers would probably be somewhat similar to Dirk's, just a lot more chaotic and unpredictable.

My god that post took me an hour and turned out to be a longer post than intended. But right now I'm looking up the Bard of Heart and I think that would probably be a good choice.

How would you like to handle the whole connection between server player and client player process up until the point of getting into the medium. I would like to base my next post on the chatlog. Basically cutting in and out of the chatlog and writing descriptions.

I think I might post some parentheses inside the pesterlog on google docs making quick notes of what Neil is doing, but when I add the pesterlog to my post those parentheses won't be there if it's alright, feel free to add your own parentheses and actions to the pesterlog.

I need to go to bed. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I will respond to the pesterlog tomorrow and hopefully get my next post up soon.

Alright. Sorry I was taking so long, I had to come up with a suitably symbolic cruxite artefact.

Oh no! Don't worry about it. I had taken a long nap earlier today, so I was just incredibly groggy being awake until getting into bed now.

I don't know if this would help, but it might give ideas for coming up with some cruxite artifacts

I saw this today and I thought it would be interesting to incorporate some of that glitching idea with our Bard of Heart dude(tte)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that idea. Thanks for the artefact link, it was really helpful in coming up with objects for the other characters.

(Sorry about the inactivity yesterday. I was extremely busy and barely had the energy to string together a coherent sentence by the end of the day.)

Yeah. Like after being inside sburb for so long, they start to glitch in some sort of way. Like totally the god tier outfit is definitely glitchy. Perhaps they can travel around to various sessions via glitch. Or maybe using glitches is how the session between the trolls and the kids is how the two sessions meet. And because they meet or something, this is how the Bard of Heart is going to use them to their advantage to complete the game and escape sburb. Whenever the Bard of Heart is within the area, the game begins to glitch and lag making it hard for the players to do anything.

(And don't worry about it. We all have our busy days. pretty soon the weekends are going to be busy for me and I'll be free all week days)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back