Custom Activity Streams

cadence

in a quiet garden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ACTIVITY STREAMS

I had a conversation with The Dark Wizard earlier today (or yesterday depending on when I actually finish this, but who cares?) asking if there was a way I could get a notification for certain people's status updates and content without having to receive a notification for every other person I follow's status updates and other content as well. I mean, there are some people I want to stalk and some people I just don't- though that doesn't mean I dislike them or anything, everyone is here is amazing. I found it annoying, having to physically click on their username and scroll through their activity and then want to comment only to find out they had posted yesterday or last week, and I'm sure most people would feel awkward commenting on something that is yesterday's news. That's when The Dark Wizard introduced me to the wonderful activity streams, something I hadn't been aware of until he oh, so kindly pointed it out. The discovery was amazing, I tell you! I still marvel at the majesty of this simple trick! There is, in fact, a way you can see the content of a specific member rather than all of the people you follow! Not only that, but there are other handy tricks activity streams can do with other things- you can view unread content, content that you have started, content that you follow and more! Most of those features are already available with the site, as the default activity streams. You can find them by going to the top of the website, clicking the three parallel lines on the mobile site (it is simply listed as Activity on desktop) and then clicking Activity. After that, go to My Activity Streams and click on it- there you'll find all of the default streams. See below.

I apologize for the terrible graphics, though it should still be readable! I'm cropping and everything on Paint and it isn't the most efficient way to do that.

View attachment 157816View attachment 157818

CUSTOM ACTIVITY STREAMS

I know, I know! You probably came here for the 
custom activity streams, but I felt it was necessary to include how to find the default ones as well! No matter, we're here! We're here! This is where things might get a tiny bit confusing, though. Not because the process is difficult, but because the images might be a little clustered together and misleading. If that is the case, feel free to send me a DM or comment below. I'd be happy to clear anything up. I will be separating things with horizontal lines, so hopefully that will make things less confusing. Anyway, here is where you'll be able to construct a custom made activity stream to fit your needs! It's simple to do, and not to mention quick! I've already made loads since I discovered this gem. First, you'll want to repeat the steps the images above provided. Go to Activity>My Activity Streams>Custom Streams>Create Custom Stream. Once again, see the attachment below for a better understanding.

View attachment 157822Whut happens

View full tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back