• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help CS help

. l e m o n c h i l d .

𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙧
So, I've been trying to get into making character sheets and stuff but I'm completely clueless on how to do it, are there any tips that can help me learn the basics of making a character sheet?​

I've looked through that already and can't seem to find what I want, maybe I'm being picky and need to start small.
With BBCode, it's not as open or flexible as say, CSS/HTML. There are limitations of what can be accomplished. What exactly are you trying to do?

I've seen some things that are pretty cool like for the character sheet I used to make my character Yeong-Ho, I want to make something like that.

I've seen some things that are pretty cool like for the character sheet I used to make my character Yeong-Ho, I want to make something like that.
You'd need to give me something to reference to know what you are talking about. X3

The best tip I have is to look at the codes you like and learn from them. Break them down and see what they do. Sketch an idea of what you'd want your CS to look like as a mock up, and then try to find a way to code with what you can in BBCode. Start simple first with just raw BBCode, once you get comfortable with the basic BBCode tags, look into DIVs and practice, practice, practice.

. l e m o n c h i l d . . l e m o n c h i l d . ; with the designs of your character sheet so far that you've liked, for the more basic and simple bbcodes, you can use the row and column bbcode !
and it's all a matter of picture placement, what information you want where, if you want accordions, scroll boxes, etc. etc. !
to find more inspiration, i normally look around pinterest, look around the bbcode center, search "tumblr themes" and etc to get a feel of how i want to organise my code

bbcode tags are usually more specific and depending how you place those bbcode tags can make a difference to how your sheet look.
however, i recommend trying out bbcode first before going straight into divs since divs you basically put everything into one, two, etc. divs depending what you're doing.
at the same time you can definitely interchangeable use bbcode tags and div. [i started with bbcode and when divs came, i started to do bbcode and divs, and when i got used to the div, i strictly just use divs now]

good luck ! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back