creation age

humpert_humpert

ok, so i am a little bit lost. how many years have creation? alongside that, i've been under the impression that the second age is about 1000 years. And the shogunate era? how much time? I know there is some lunar's from the first age, dating somethig more than a thousand years. but how much more?

Shouganate lasted for centuries, possibly a thousand years. The First Age is something along the lines of 3500 years and now you have the 758 years of the Second Age. Remember, Chejop Kejak is 5000 and he was born at the very first year of the First Age, I remember reading this somewhere.

:shock: That would make the first age more like 4242 years old. :shock:

Also, why is the Exalted calendar done in 7 day weeks, making the total days 425?

If it was done as a six day week, it would total the appropriate 365 days, thus I play with a six day week.

I count the days as this:

1) Sunday - the day of the sun

2) Moonday - the day of the moon

3) Bankday - the day the banks are closed to do paperwork

4) Farmday - the day of the Farm markets and a day off for non-slave farm workers

5) Freeday - a day off for all slaves

6) Feastday - a day of giving and peace - all people are fed and no battles are allowed

Shouganate lasted for centuries' date=' possibly a thousand years. The First Age is something along the lines of 3500 years and now you have the 758 years of the Second Age. Remember, Chejop Kejak is 5000 and he was born at the very first year of the First Age, I remember reading this somewhere.[/quote']
 Kejak was born shortly post-Usurpation, but the first year? That's nailing it down way too fine for such ancient history.

Also, why is the Exalted calendar done in 7 day weeks, making the total days 425?
If it was done as a six day week, it would total the appropriate 365 days, thus I play with a six day week.
There's no need to make Creation conform to our system. It doesn't rotate, or revolve around anything. It's not even round. It has 5 seasons, not 4... the differences are monumental.

Furthermore, the Calendar in Creation was invented by the Solars. They literally said "here's how long each week, month, and year is" and reality (in the form of the Court of Seasons) complied.

On Earth, we're stick with a 365-ish day long year because of a bunch of completely random accidents of physics.

-S

Oh, and for the record:

Kejak is described as being born sometime in the century following the Primordial War. He's also described as being almost 5,000.

Creation, however, existed for an indeterminate amount of time before that. We really have NO idea how old it is.

-S

yeah the Dragon Kings ruled Creation for uncounted aeons beofre the creation of man, and many more after mans creation.

Well he was just talking Ages of Man, not the looooooooooooong time of Creation me thinks, and I said Primordial War, not Usurpation for Kejak, if it were Usurpation he'd still be wet behind the ears. ^_^

Well he was just talking Ages of Man
In that case, it's roughly 5,000 years. 3,500 for the First Age, 1,500 for the Second.

-S

Am I wrong or the First Age ended with the Contagion?

I remember reading that the Second Age began less than a millenium ago in BoTN (the paragraph about the Ten Thousands Year Pact of the Syndics)... I think The Outcaste stated that too...

That would make the First Age about 4.000 yeards old and the Second about 800.

Yeah but it never gives you an accurate count of years, period. Only for the Second Age. You can only inferr mainly because of how old Kejak is, he was born in the first years of the First Age, I remember reading this somewhere, in fact, I'll go look now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back